Haul of Fame

By AshleighGardner

Reviews and ramblings on all the things I've bought that I love, makeup reviews, and general product pushing. More

YouTubers
OUAI Haul
Faux Tans
Lush Cup O' Coffee
Makeup I Mourn: Club Monaco
The Ride or Die Makeup Tag
Le Labo Cult Perfumes
Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips
PSA: Expiry Date Symbol
L'Oréal Revitalift Bright Reveal
Bucket List Blonde
In Flight Products
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream
The French Pharmacy
Magic Face Spray - Caudalíe Beauty Elixir
All I Want for Christmas
Nose Paris
January Favourites
Gym Hair
Travel Toiletry Bag
London Shopping Spree
Summer Manicure
Glossier!
Personal Shoppers
The Best Stinky Products

Spring Cleaning

441 13 3
By AshleighGardner

In Toronto, we have a great app/facebook phenomenon called Bunz, where members can list items they have in trade for things they need. It's so addictive and over the past year I've felt good about giving my things a good home where they'll be used, and getting something in exchange. 

Earlier this year, when the warm weather started to hit, I felt the urge to clean out my collection to put together a big trade on Bunz. So this time I thought I'd do an anti-haul, and tell you what I got rid of, and why. 

I have a million purchases like this that remind me that what works on someone else won't necessarily work on me. I saw a video from Tati as part of her WTF series (referring to the price) on this primer where she declares it not only worth the price, but Holy Grail status. I think it would work really well on someone with really oily skin, but on me it made my makeup patchy and made my skin look really dry. 

This Estée Edit Pore Vanishing stick did not make my pores vanish at all. In fact, the silicone in it didn't react well to the oil serum I use and I found it balling and flaking off. While many people love it, this one just wasn't for me and I replaced it with the Milk Makeup Blur Stick - which is fantastic, silicone free, and doesn't clog your pores. 

This kit of 3 iconic Stila shades was a gift, and I've loved their Kitten shade for years. But I have a million shimmery champagne shades in my collection and this set didn't make the cut. 

I bought this fancy purple shampoo for blonde hair before I dyed my hair back dark and there was too much left to not feel guilty for throwing it out. 

I loved this Hourglass stick foundation for travel, since it's a foundation that doesn't count as a liquid! I don't think I really bought the right shade for myself though and it was a bit too high coverage for me, so decided to pass it on since it was just sitting in my drawer. 

I had more red shades than someone who rocks a red lip 5 times a year has any business having. The ones that I kept are hourglass liquid lipstick in icon and Pat McGrath Matte Lipstick in Bloodwine. 

If a gift with purchase isn't something you would have bought yourself, you should just get rid of it. I already have nice brushes, so didn't need this travel set from Holt Renfrew (and I'm an extremely minimal traveller and only bring 2 brushes with me - guess what type?)

I'm obsessed with Frederick Malle perfumes and loved this one when I first tried it, but there is a creamy note in it that just becomes too cloying to wear through the day. I've found my favourite scent in his collection now (Portrait of a Lady) and traded this scent. 

These lipglosses were cute, but they were all so sheer they were almost indistinguishable from each other when they were on. 

The shimmering skin perfector in Champagne Pop was the hardest to get rid of. It was really beautiful but I'm just not a highlight-every-day person. I recently received the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow set, and it's just a more subtle highlight that I feel comfortable in and like less of a disco ball. 

What have you bought that you're not in love with? What did you replace it with? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 934 200
Quotes. Short stories. Things that make you think.
2.2K 35 14
read this, you will love it.