A Desire to Win Her | Ongoing

By missoctowriter

Not an Arranged Marriage Tale! ❝Har Pal tumhare hi sath guzaru kuch aisi chahat hone lagi hai, Mujhe dheere d... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 12

10K 796 182
By missoctowriter

"So, you're the meritorious Arvika who had grabbed the full fee-waiver along with the other benefits," Manoj Parihar, the head of the administration office of Indian Institute of Engineering & Technology, Delhi voiced out, looking proudly at the girl who claimed herself to be Arvika Arya.

"Yes sir, here's my ID," Arvika replied, handing him her AADHAR card which had become the most basic identification card of any Indian.  

"Here, take this form, fill it and go to registration and fees department, get it properly verified and then self-attest it," the head gave her a form to fill which made her look at him puzzled!

"After that sir?" she was getting a vibe that it'd last longer than she had expected. So, her first class is flunked now, officially!

"I'll tell you, firstly do this," the head dismissed her, getting busy on his PC.

"Okay," Arvika mumbled to herself and started searching for the particular office which the head had talked about. After asking the peons, she got to know that it was on the fifth floor and fortunately, the lift too was not working today, how lucky she could be, her sarcasm got the best of her. 

After climbing almost hundreds of stairs which felt like climbing the Everest, finally, she reached the fifth floor with her already filled form in her hands. Moving towards the particular department, there she could see a lot of desks which were piled up with lots and lots of files and thick files, the typical Indian Government office, she sighed looking completely baffled, whom to ask for her work. Grabbing a little courage, she went near one of the female staff and coincidentally, she was the concerned officer of scholarships based issues. Lucky her!

"What's your father's name?" the staff was too strict to talk, Arvika deduced. 

"Chandrashekar Arya," Arvika replied in a monotonous way. 

"Mother's?"

"She's dead," Arvika had a bitter face by now, talking about her mother.

"Then what's your late mother's name?" the staff retaliated.

"I don't know".

"Are you stupid? Here, some joke is not going on, tell it properly or you'll be debarred right at this moment," the loud voice of the lady got the attention of her fellow colleagues who too were looking at Arvika oddly. 

"Mam, I don't have any mother, she died long back and my father is missing, how can I know about all this? I have grown up in an orphanage, I just somehow know about my father's name and nothing else," Arvika exasperated out in an impatient tone, her eyes red due to the fury that was boiling within her. 

"Then what have you written in your class tenth and twelfth certificate?" the staff counterattack at her, not liking the way this girl was talking against her.

"If you are an orphan, then that place of mother or father is left blank or 'unknown' is written there ma'am, or if someone is the die-hard worshipper of God Shiva & Goddess Gauri, they write their name as their parents, but neither I have faith on God nor am I a complete orphan, I still know my father's name, right? So, it's written well, and here, this is the declaration letter by the orphanage where I had lived, just for the sake of verification of my date of birth," Arvika threw her hand on the table, shaking it a little along with the one who was sitting against it, yes, the same lady staff who was looking at her shockingly along with her other like-minded colleagues. Arvika had literally thrown the letter at the staff's face, that much was the intensity of her rage. 

"Okay, okay, I get it, here take this form and get it signed by our director along with the admission letter self-attested with it and don't forget to add a passport-sized photo of yours in the front, here's the stapler," the lady immediately started doing all the needed document-works of Arvika and after it was done, she gave the papers to Arvika, giving her a small smile in the end. 

It's well said, people will take you lightly until and unless you aren't heavy on them. 

Arvika was finally done with all her admission processes along with the fee-related issues and after one hour, she was now in front of her classroom which she had already gotten to know by her hosteller senior friends. 

"Finally, it's done, phew! Now, I'll attend the second lecture, from tomorrow I'll not miss a single lecture," Arvika mumbled to herself, checking her watch which was showing that it's already ten, time for her second lecture to attend. She knocked on the door, anticipating to be greeted by a strict, bald lecturer. But she hadn't expected a very young, handsome looking lecturer who had a very big shock written all over his face since the time he saw her, had he seen a ghost or was she resembling like a ghost, she had to double-check to assure herself. 

"Or am I too late for his lecture?" Arvika mumbled to herself, thinking that she was late for the second lecture as well! How unimpressionable it was! 

Her eighteen-year-old heart was too weak to hear the scolding of a lecturer and that too on the very first day of her college life. Lub-dub-lub-dub, she could literally hear her heartbeat, her heart was already racing on horses, seeing the stoic expressions of the professor who was looking so sexy yet so strict. 

Shocked, stunned and stupefied with a reverberating heart, numbed mind, and aghast eyes, Dev looked at the person before him who had a petrified look on her face, the very face which was infused within every cell of his body, the very person who was his inspiration and motivation since the past five years, the very love who was the queen of his heart, and the very girl for whom he had yearned for, every single day!

After five years, yes, after five freaking years, Dev found his girl, his baby, his Arvika in the memory of whose he had turned into the person he was now. But she looked different, too different than the last time he had seen her, five years back. No longer she was the adorable-heightened, a little chubby girl instead she had grown a few more inches taller along with her tresses which were till her hips now, tied perfectly in a ponytail, with her red plump lips turned to a much darker shade of red and a curvaceous body which women could love to hate out of jealousy, she was transformed, wholly transformed from an innocent-looking girl to a beguilingly-beautiful woman of eighteen! 

Dev gawked at her flabbergasted, not believing whether he was really staring into those eyes which had ignited the unknown desire in him, the desire of winning her; the same lips which were the reason because of which she was snatched away from him; the same face which had been imprinted on his soul and the same girl who had made him realize the actual meaning of love. 

Draped on the torso with an ivory scarf over the simple cotton tunic, stood a girl with her eyes as dark as a moonless light which was panicked and agitated, busy in staring at the person in a little nervousness and hesitation, not getting why the big hulky man was looking at her like a stupid, was he even a professor the way he was busy in gawking at her, she mused fervently. 

"I'm sorry, sir, I had some work at the admin block, that's why I'm late," with a little hesitation and worry, Arvika uttered looking here and there not wanting to match her eyes with his spectacled one as it reminded her of someone very special associated with her past. 

'Did she just unrecognize me?' Dev concluded, having a blank look on his face which appeared as a tough one for her like a strict professor. For the first time after five years, he finally got to hear her melodious voice for which his ears had always craved for but she had just downright turned on her incognito mode, not recognizing him and thinking of him as her professor. Wow, what a great start of his 'One-sided love story part 2' where the female protagonist didn't even remember the hero. Wow, clap everyone for his luckiest day! 

Her ignorance hurt him, maybe he had definitely changed extraordinarily in the last five years, that's why she couldn't even recognize him. His rimless yet stylish spectacles, the stubbly-full cheeks of his, then his muscular body which had transformed so much as compared to his past sixteen-year-old self where he had no specs over his eyes, with light stubble on his cheeks and a lean yet fit body just like most of the teenagers of his age kids had that time. But her rejection to recognize him had pinched him so hard right at his heart but somewhere he knew that it was so right that she didn't recognize him. So, it was forty percent wrong and sixty percent right, right? Dev was busy doing silly arithmetics. 

Seeing her after five years was no less than a miracle, but he couldn't even hug her, she'd freak out again. He couldn't even disclose his identity as she'd leave the class immediately. He couldn't do anything with her. How helpless he was to even show his pure, raw love to her that was already dripping from his eyes for her that she wasn't able to see as her eyes were busy in scanning the classroom, trying to locate her friend amid hundreds of others. 

She was in front of him after five years, but he couldn't even touch her, how unlucky he and his love was! 

"Come in," with his deep yet sensuous voice, he finally ordered in his gruff tone, not wanting to frighten the kid anymore with his strict demeanor and moved aside to let her in, to face the audience of more than two-hundred attendees whose eyes were already fixed on her which made her more nervous and palpitated her already hammering heart. 

"Thank you, sir," with a quick 'thank you' to the supposed-professor of hers, she walked inside and scanned the entire big hall until her eyes landed on her best friend Kavya who was sitting on the first row only, staring at her with excited and happy eyes of hers. Arvika was just going towards the desk when her feet tripped but before she could flip back on the floor, a hand came to her rescue, protecting her from kissing the ground. 

"Easy lady," Prateek smiled at her clumsiness and she could only give an awkward smile to him. Unknown to them, other pair of eyes were already shooting bullets at him, particularly Pratik's right hand with which he had held Arvika's waist, how dare he touch what was his.

Why such things happened with me only, she pondered with her head lowered and sat beside Kavya, getting riled up again with another encounter with a man who was giving her more-than needed smiles. 

"Finally, you came," Kavya whispered the moment Arvika settled herself beside her. 

"Yeah, the work is done, finally," she too murmured back in a low tone completely unaware about the pair of eyes that were gazing at her, lovingly. The interaction session had been supposedly stopped as except for these two best friends, everyone was silent, giving them the chance to murmur as Dev had signaled them with his hands unknown to them, as he wanted his love to talk everything she wanted to discuss with her best friend with her cute animated actions. How cute she looked doing that, Dev had a slight smile playing on his lips, loving the way her lips were moving so adorably. 

Unknown to them, Arvika and Kavya were immersed in their animated talks, when Kavya suddenly looked up and saw everyone was looking at her and her best friend only, some with amused eyes and some with glares, as haters exist everywhere. 

"By the way, is he our 'Electronics' lecturer? Because it's already ten, time for our second lecture," Arvika murmured in a soft tone, taking out the particular notebook for this subject and some pens while her friend was busy in giving awkward smiles to the president who had crossed his hands across his chest, giving a sight-worthy view of his ripped biceps to the swooning girls. 

'Although she had turned to an adult she still had the exuberance of youth,' Dev mused, trying to stop the big grin that wanted to take over his lips from so long seeing the activities of his still baby-like, Arvika who was too adorable and loving for his eyes. She still hadn't changed a bit, she was still his same Arvika who was just so innocent and beautiful. 

"Arvika, shut up, everyone is looking at us, sssh," finally Kavya alerted her friend in a very low voice and then Arvika brought her eyes up and looked at the front where she could see a lot of guys as well as girls who looked too young for being a teacher and too older for being a fresher. When did they come, she hadn't noticed them! So, they were not the lecturers, who were they then she questioned Kavya with her eyes who whispered 'seniors' in her answer and Arvika's mouth turned agape at that. So, that man wasn't a lecturer, she pondered looking at Dev in sheer confusion and uncertainty. 

"So, are you two done now?" Risha, one of the senior executive member glowered at both the best friend duo, not liking even an ounce of interest that her 'assumed' boyfriend was showering on the latecomer girl. 

"Risha, watch your tongue, they may be juniors but they also deserve respect," Dev glowered back at her, hating the way she just talked with his love, how dare she. With time, his voice had gotten hoarse and deeper, giving one more reason to Arvika to not recognize him. 

"Okay sorry," the sorry didn't feel like a sorry but a warning to both the poor girls who were the reason behind her 'supposed' boyfriend's anger on her. 

"So, Miss latecomer, stand up," Dev came near the desk where Arvika was sitting and with a constant eye-contact, he commanded her with a smirk playing on his lips. Two can play the game if she couldn't recognize him, then let be it, he could play with her too. 

Arvika stood up, not liking the way the things had turned to. 

"Introduce yourself, and don't consider it as your punishment, it's just that you caught everyone's attention, so the introduction must start from you only, what say guys?" how perfectly his lips were moving, other girls could only notice that but all Arvika could notice was the playful smug look that he was having on his face. The class hooted at the end at Dev's question, giving all the burden on Arvika to start her introduction. 

Nervously, she stood up, looking at the number of people present there which made her heart hammer in anticipation and fear! She hated public speaking, for sure!

"Hey guys.." before she could continue the introduction with her little stammering voice standing on her seat, Dev stopped her abruptly. He had too many plans for her, how sweet he was!

"No, no, please come here in the center and Prateek, give her a mike man, she should be audible to the whole class," Dev coyed smoothly, enjoying all the faces that Arvika was busy in making. After years he was seeing her and she didn't even recognize him, well she deserved a sweet punishment for that and he wasn't ready to back out anytime soon and neither was she! Arvika could see how playful and naughty this person was who was getting on her nerves now. 

"Hey guys, I am Arvika Arya. I am basically from Varanasi but for studying purposes I have lived in a few of the best cities in India. I chose ECE because I was always fascinated by the working behind the scenes of a computer and other gadgets. Given a chance, I'd try to do something good for our college and our nation too," with a very polite & professional tone, Arvika ended, giving Dev a challenging look which spoke out in loud 'I DID IT'. 

"That's splendid, but we want to know more, right guys?" the seniors hooted back at Dev's remark, making Arvika puzzledly look at Dev who was giving her a mischievous smile.

"Well, the game is very simple. Guys come in front, yeah, so as you can see all the guys over here, which one you liked the most?" and Dev whistled, he whistled while other girls were already dying to play this sexy-sounding game with him. 

"Sorry sir, but I don't judge people based on their looks, may I go now?" Dev's playful question had somehow angered her and she wanted nothing but to smack his head with the thick encyclopedia that was gifted by Kavya on her sixteenth birthday. 

"Okay, okay, here's another game for you, what's your hobby?" Dev was smiling widely, being confirmed she hadn't changed, not even a bit. She still was a tigress, his wild tigress, only his. 

"I love singing and painting," Arvika replied, her eyes scanning the whole classroom where some students were ogling over her like they had seen a girl for the first time while the girls were busy in throwing daggers at her as she was the potential enemy of them as their recent crush was too involved with her, which was riling them up.

"Okay, so, you've to do a dare then Arvika. You've to sing a song for us all, a romantic song," the dare had left her lip-tied, she hadn't expected this, no, how could she sing in front of all these strangers whom she was meeting for the very first time, how could she!

"But.." her no reluctance and unwillingness were heard as the other seniors too started manipulating and convincing her along with the hooting of her name by other students.

Why they all were behind her, she mused looking at the faces of her supposed classmates with a little irritation, not liking how they were teaming up with the seniors! Cheaters! 

"Yes, please sing, we're excited," Prateek too came near her, and tried to convince her using his charisma. 

"Is it compulsory to sing a romantic song?" she asked looking at Dev who had already settled himself on the third row, sitting beside the freshers. He was right in front of her, so calculatingly he had chosen this seat to see her singing. 

"You can sing any song," Dev answered and asked the students and the seniors to clap for her, to raise her spirits. 

Arvika sighed and a playful smile came on her lips as well. Two can play the game, Mr. President!

"This one is for you only, Mr. President. I am dedicating this song to you, especially," Arvika's voice was dripping with honey, she hadn't sounded this sweet ever! 

And here she already started with her melodious voice.

"Pagal Yeh Pagal Woh,
Pagal Kar de Jahan Bhi Ye Jaye,
Dekho karta Hai Kaisa Deewana Sabko (oh shin chan)
Mera Naam hi Shin Chan Hai,
Mein Shararat Se Bhara,
Badi Mushkil Mein Padi
Meri Family Nohara!
C'mon Baby C'mon Baby.....!!

Before she could've even ended her song all the students including the seniors were laughing at the song which she had so dedicatedly dedicated to their President who was completely flabbergasted and awestruck, not knowing what to say on this!

He never knew his girl was this playful!

"Guys, it was the best, really," a friend of Dev shouted out loud, laughing hilariously. 

"Guys, I think our Arvika is the winner of this interaction session, so, please give her a huge round of applause. So, guys we'll meet tomorrow again as we have to go immediately to our professors. President, Madhav sir has messaged," Rahul, the third-year senior informed and dishearteningly Dev had to leave along with the other seniors.  

"You sang well," before exiting the room, he complimented his love who already had a mischievous smile on her face! She roasted the president, how savage! 

"Wow, man you're so great and funny Boo, I didn't know that," Kavya too complimented her best friend while Arvika too had smiled a real smile after many years. 

****

"Sakshi, how many times I've told you not to touch my things!" Dev bellowed at his sister who had taken out a velvety box from his wardrobe that he had hidden so perfectly behind the clothes yet his detective sister found that. 

"I was just searching it casually, Bhaiya," Sakshi surrendered her hands, looking perpexedly at her brother who was so enraged right now. 

"Go away from here," he snatched the velvety box from her hands and ordered her in a harsh tone, not liking the way she had intruded inside his private pieces of stuff. With tears rolling down her eyes, Sakshi sprinted towards her room. 

"You don't know how precious this is to me and for my love. This is the earrings I had bought for Arvika and only she can touch it," Dev mumbled to himself, touching the beautiful, intricately designed diamond studs that he had bought for his love from his first earnings. His eyes were already glossy, reminiscing the events of today. How easily she hadn't even tried to recognize.

That much was his worth in her eyes that she couldn't even recognize him! 

One-sided love is very painful, one side always loves more and he's the only one who suffers more too. 

****

"I don't like Tuesday's menu, man," Kavya complained, sitting beside Arvika who was enjoying the meal, unlike her friend. It was their dinner time now, and almost all the girls had gathered in the mess for savouring their food. 

"This is good, what's wrong in it?" Arvika asked her back, chewing the cottage cheese with her premolar teeth. 

"I want some chicken biryani or something," Kavya was playing with her food, not liking the cottage cheese curry and wheat loaves of bread that tasted so bland on her tastebuds. While Arvika was a pure-vegetarian, Kavya was a big-time non-vegetarian, pole apart.

"Eat it, it's tasty," Arvika somehow convinced her friend, using her motherly tone on her. 

"You're my mother, another mother, really," Kavya whined in a cute tone, eating her food which made Arvika grin at her amusedly. 

"Hey, hey guys, I finally got the President's name from Neha mam," a girl suddenly came out of nowhere and started shouting in joy, getting the attention of all other girls who too stopped eating their food and looked at her in anticipation, dying to know the name of the handsome man who had stolen at least hundreds of heart already. 

 While Arvika had no interest in that, she remained seated whereas other girls had already surrounded the 'news reporter' girl along with Kavya as she too had grown fond of that spectacular specimen of a man, who was no less than a walking dream of millions of girls who had for once dreamt about a handsome Prince charming with a great heart and a great personality.

"So, his name is...." the news reporter girl was already creating a lot of suspense now, making other girls annoyed at her. 

"His name is Dev Kapoor and he's the son of Kamaljit Kapoor, who's the owner of India's biggest mobile manufacturing company," the news reporter girl finally ended while the other girls immediately started sending him 'follow request' on Instagram as well as on Facebook along with other social media platforms, smiling in glee & excitement. 

Except for a single girl who was busy coughing out loudly after hearing the name!

~**•°•**~

4000 words, phew!

Guys, first of all, thank you so much for your beautiful messages, comments, emails! There is so many of them, I really cannot thank each one of you personally, but here I am thanking you all, once again! 

Secondly, please vote and comment!

Thirdly, why don't you guys make my 1.58K followers reach 2K? Why, why why? 

Like Carryminati says, "Follow" button dab jaana chaiye chaahe apna takiya fenk-kar maaro, ya apna bottle ya kuch bhi! Follow, vote ho jaana chahiye, bass!!!

And I didn't want to make you all cry, you deserve smiles and laugh, not cries! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 1.1K 31
I love you, Alara! My love for you knows no bounds-I would sacrifice everything for you!! ...
153K 8.9K 64
"Look what I have become in your love! Every time you are around me it makes me go crazy ! I can't even think of a future that you won't be a part of...
31.6K 3.3K 26
A tale so magical yet cruel, that tangles two distant hearts together against their will; Still the doubts of their pasts are overshadowed by the sp...
115K 1.2K 10
He is Mr Handsome and the one who can conquer anyone in the business world. He has a past which no one knows. And that made him lose hope in love and...