The Teacher's Pet

By AngelBlueDawn

Despite the schools strict teacher/student policy Alex Reynolds can't help being drawn to his student, Belle... More

Chapter One.
chapter two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter 22.
Chapter Twenty Three.
Chapter twenty four.
Chapter Twenty Five.
Chapter Twenty Six.
Chapter Twenty Seven.
Chapter Twenty Eight.
epilogue
Stay Tuned

Chapter twenty nine.

15.1K 509 41
By AngelBlueDawn

If the photo works it's of Belle.

Wednesday.............................................

Belle's hands shook as he stepped out of the limo and into the large parking lot outside the prison that Alex was in. His father had contacted her and agreed to let her see his son, even sending a car. As badly as she wanted to see him she was scared.

"Are you sure about this?" Jade asked from behind her.

"Yeah...I'm sure."

"Okay, if it gets to be too much....just say the word and we'll leave."

"Thanks, Jade."

"You're welcome."

Together the pair entered the large, cold building and Belle hung back while Jade spoke to the man behind the desk. He had her sign papers and then finally they were escorted down a long hall way. Bell stuck close to her stepmother, fearful of almost everything in the building from the convicts to the guards.

They walked into a long hallway, the side to Belles left mostly glass with phones, there were men seated in orange jumpsuits on the other side some already talking to their loved ones others waiting. When she passed one of the men lunged for the glass with a bark and she jumped, wincing away.

The Alex came into view sitting on the other side of the glass, his hair uncombed, wearing an orange jumpsuit and sporting a black eye. She collapsed into the chair and with shaky hands lifted the phone to her ear.

"Hey baby," He said softly.

The damn broke and she busted into sobs, pressing her hand against the glass. Jade reached out and lay a hand on her shoulder. Alex frowned but didn't say anything else, her fingers slowly curling into her palm and sliding down the glass to the table she was now laying her head on.

"Don't cry baby, please.....don't cry." He said softly.

"I'm sorry....I'm sorry." She choked out.

"No, don't be sorry."

"I am."

"Look at me, Belle.....look at me."

Slowly choking back tears she raised her head to look up at him, he'd slid closer to the glass his eyes the most vibrant blue she'd ever seen.

"This....is not your fault."

"I've brought you nothing but trouble, I should have stayed away from you. I should have known that I couldn't......couldn't have this one thing."

"Belle....you have me, okay? No matter what happens you have me....I'm yours. I will always be yours." He promised.

"Now, stop crying....talk to me, I...I need you to talk to me." He said gently.

"Okay.....how...what happened to your eye?" She asked, taking a shaky breath.

"Oh...this....it's uh...word got out about....me and you, the general population....doesn't take kindly to uhm.... Statutory rapists."

"You never raped me," She said.

"I know but.....you're under eighteen and I'm over twenty one so......it doesn't matter, I'm fine. How are you holding up?"

"I miss you," She said softly.

"I miss you too."

"I'll testify...I will. I'll tell them that you never forced yourself on me, I'll tell them about my dad I'll tell them everything." She promised.

"No."

"What do you mean no?"

"I mean.....you're not going to testify. I already made a plea....I....I plead guilty."

"Why? Why would you do that?! Alex....you're innocent."

"No I'm not....I had an affair with my student and I murdered a man." He said with a heavy sigh.

"I wanted you, I love you. You never forced yourself on me....I..."

"I could have waited until you were eighteen Belle....I could have but I didn't. I knew the risk," He interrupted her.

"Please.....please let me help you. I love you," She said as tears built in her eyes.

"I know.....but...it's better this way, trust me."

"How long?" She asked, her lower lip trembling with held back tears.

"How long what?"

"How long will you be in here?"

"I don't know, I haven't had my trial yet but....probably a very long time."

"I'll wait for you, I don't care how long it takes. I'll wait." She promised.

"No, don't do that. Don't wait for me baby....live your life."

"How!? How am I supposed to go on knowing you're in here? That I put you in here!" She cried.

"You didn't, okay?"

She shook her head, looking away she took a deep breath. She couldn't think straight when she was looking at him, she couldn't breathe when she thought of how long it'd be until she could see him again.

"Belle....let me talk to Jade. I need to discuss some things with her."

She glanced at him and then wiping her eyes reluctantly handed Jade the phone, she could hear what Alex was saying but he was speaking quickly and Jade glanced at her a few times then would nod in agreement. It was obvious they were discussing Belle. After a few long minutes Jade handed the phone back to Belle, she took a deep breath and forced herself to face him.

"I don't have much more time," He said gently.

"I don't want to lose you."

"It's going to be okay Belle, I know you're scared but...it's going to be okay."

"Promise me this isn't the end of us, promise me that somehow we'll make it work....please."

"I can't do that baby, you know that."

She bit her lower lip to keep in from trembling she'd cried enough today and her tears weren't going to help him. Moving she pressed her hand against the glass, this time he copied the action pressing his palm to hers.

"Belle listen to me, I don't have much longer. If I never get out of here, if I never get to touch another human being again...it's okay....because for once I did something right, for once I'm not ashamed of who I am. That's because of you."

"Alex...."She started to cry, couldn't help it.

"I'm going to miss you," He admitted, tears building in his own eyes.

"Time is up!" A loud voice called.

Belle winced but didn't hang up her phone and neither did Alex, he stood still holding the phone to his ear.

"Belle.....I..."

"Let's go!" A guard grabbed his arm pulling him away from the window.

Alex had no choice but to drop the phone as he was dragged away, Belle jumping from her seat before she could think about it she was running. She ran along the glass window on her side as far as she physically could before a wall stopped her and she could no longer see Alex.

Belle was only half aware of Jade embracing her from behind and holding her close as she watched Alex disappear.

"Come on, it's okay. It's okay." Jade soothed.

"They're hurting him Jade, they....they..."

"Shhh, not here. Come on."

Gently Jade led her out of the room they were in and slowly out of the building. Belle climbed into the waiting limousine her hysteria only rising to a fever pitch that turned into a panic attic.

"Belle, hey...calm down, Belle." Jade was talking to her but she barely notice.

"I....I.....c...I can't......breathe," She gasped.

"Head between your knees, come on."

Jade slid closer pushing Belle forward until she was leaning towards the floor, taking deep breaths.

"Breathe, deep breaths."

"I....I....I put him in there, Jade."

"No, no you didn't."

"Yes I did! His life is over because of me."

"Nobody's life is over Belle, It's going to be okay."

"You don't know that."

"I do, Alex...told me some things. He's made arrangements for you," Jade said gently.

"What kind of arrangements?"

"You'll get a full tuition to any school you pick, more money than you'll ever need to survive the rest of your life.....as long as....."She trailed off.

"As long as what?"

"As long as....he doesn't contact you again."

"No."

"I'm sorry Belle, it's what he wanted."

"No! No! No!"

Belle started to cry the days of stress, the years of pain, the months of secrets all brimming to the surface along with the knowledge that she'd seen Alex for the last time. She cried angry, hot tears that refused to stop, she cried until her throat ached and her head throbbed and all the while Jade held her, spoke softly to her and tried to keep her calm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 36 35
"We shouldn't be doing this?" I yelled at him, unaware of how close we were. "Why? Why shouldn't we?" He said, sliding his fingers into my already we...
277K 8K 34
*Completed* From the time they were young, Alice Owens and Sam Canter have been attached at the hip. As they grow up and mature, they develop feeling...
12.6M 366K 65
★★★TOP 5 WATTPAD ROMANCE NOVEL (reached #5)!★★★ When Sera's new art teacher mistakes her for a model and demands that she strip naked, sparks start t...
Sweet Like Honey By z0mbies

Mystery / Thriller

207K 14.9K 17
Isaac Walker didn't expect his quietest student to become so infatuated with him, and he's not sure how to handle it when he learns of her innocent l...