Being The Moonet

By endaysah

• Book ONE in the Elite series Lily Blue is an Elite, a group of 3 gifted females in the hidden werewolf soci... More

DISCLAIMER
Being The Moonet
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 10

25 5 2
By endaysah

Merritt Patterson as Savannah ;-) ^^

°°°
Chad's P.O.V

"Come on, Hales! Please, talk to me!" I walked Haley down as she continued to give me the silent treatment. And I hated it. I might argue with her a lot but I love her and I hate when we fight.

She moved up the stairs while I pleaded mercilessly. She's been mad at me for 3 days now. And Louis has been avoiding me as well.

"Come on. Don't get your panties in a twist. Talk to me!" Haley stopped at her door, one hand on the knob and the other giving me the finger. She got in her room and slammed the door shut. I braced myself on it.

"Haley, please listen to me. I didn't mean to hurt you guys. I was too uptight and I wasn't sure how to react." For a moment, I waited to see what she would do. Still nothing. So I walked away, my mood darkening.

Until I saw my bright light.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Lily took note of my sad state. I couldn't even ponder on the fact that she just called me babe because of how I was feeling.

"Haley won't talk to me," I sounded like such a whiny kid but whatever.

"Chad, girls usually take longer than guys to get over things. Just give her some time," Lily smiled. She was right. She'll eventually come around. She always does. Come to think of it, over the years of us arguing, she was always the first to talk back to me.

"Ok, babe," I teased her. Her cheeks went pink and I chuckled at that. "I love it when you blush,"

"Shut up," Lily muttered and nudged me in the stomach. "Can't yo-" Lily was cut off by a loud roar of shouts.

"The hell?" I rushed to the nearby window, Lily close behind. Outside there was a huge mob of...

"Rogues." Lily sneered. They were pushing past out guards and warriors, slashing at anyone who passed them.

Lily and I ran downstairs, flying past the other wolves who were frighteningly scurrying to safety. My Dad was running around, barking out orders to the pack warriors. My mom and Lily's mom as well as Silvia, Third Roger's mate, were herding as much women and children as they could into the safe room. Everything was so hectic that an old woman, Cynthia tripped and fell at my feet.

"Oh my God!" Lily flew down to help her. I cursed under my breath and did my best to gently pull Cynthia up. Being old, she was already hurt and whimpering in pain.

"It's okay, Cynthia. You'll be okay." Lily and I got her to her feet and her husband Jack rushed over to help her after thanking us.

Some parents were carrying their children on their backs, or anywhere they could hold them, running away with them to safety.

"Chad!" My Dad called to me from beside Beta Craig and Third Roger. I rushed over with Lily.

"What's going on?" I asked in a completely worried state.

"Rogue attack." Dad answered.

"And we need both of you to help out." Third Roger claimed.

"Now more than likely, they're searching for the Moonet. So they'll raid our pack trying to find her, but we know she's not here. They won't believe us if we told them so we'll have to fight them off." Beta Craig explained. Lily let out a barely audible gulp. There she goes again. Showing signs of fear whenever the word 'Moonet' comes up.

"So you need Lily and I to help in the fight?" I asked. Well, duh.

"Yes." My dad answered in an obvious tone.

"I think I'm gonna stay with the women and children in the safe room." Lily piped up. Wait a minute. Since when did she want to not fight back against an attack? My mind drifted back to the moment before the last rogue attack.

"Rogues," I said bitterly. "Get to the safe room immediately,"

"What? No!" She protested stubbornly. "My future pack is dying out there. I refuse to stay in one place and do nothing!"

And now she's willing to do the complete opposite.

"Are you sure, honey?" Beta Craig asked his daughter. She looked hesitant but nonetheless nodded. We jumped out of our conversation when there were screams alongside the sound of breaking glasses.

"Spread out!" Dad yelled and ran in the direction of the door. I turned to Lily to see that she was already helping people downstairs to the safe room. I turned on my heels and sped off outside.

The dirty rogues were attacking my wolves, fighting with a sort of spark I've never seen before. They're tactics were sharp too. Before I could do anything else I was knocked to the ground with a hard blow. I fell on my arm. Hard. Pain shot up my arm and I yelped at the sudden intensity.

A rogue was stalked over me, a sneer on his ugly face. He shot a hand out but I pushed a foot to his gut, causing him to stumble backwards long enough for me to get up. My arm throbbed and I assumed that it was broken. Dammit.

Using my right arm, I punched him in the face repeatedly until blood flowed out of his mouth and nose. I landed on him a roundhouse kick that knocked him to the ground. He remained motionless.

I ripped off the hem of my shirt and tied it around my neck, elevating my left arm in it. The rogues were still at it. Attacking any wolf in their sight. I spotted Louis to my far right, desperately trying to fight off a rogue that was twice his size.

I limped over, almost getting knocked off my feet because I could only use one hand, and pushed Louis out of the way. The rogue in front of me was as big as a boulder, with a greasy body and raggedy hair. His face was morphed into a scowl and his eyes could almost kill me. He lunged at me, hands in a fist. I side stepped big bird and watched as he stumbled forward. His head whipped to face me and he was ready to attack again.

I decided to let him have at it. To continue throw attacks on me and I'll dodge them, making him get exhausted with making the moves. Then when he tires, I'll claw at him. And that's what I did. He fell to the ground and I could have sworn I felt the ground vibrate. Yeah, that's how big he was. The attack went on for a long time, the pack trying their hardest to win against the rogues.

I started to feel uncomfortable when I felt a pair of eyes on me. Looking around, I met the eyes of another male rogue who was looking at me with repugnance. So you wanna fight, huh? Well then, let's do this. I sped towards him, claws extended and ready to land a punch to his round face. What surprised me was that he held his hands up, like in surrender. I stopped in my tracks. Is this guy willing to die?

"Who are you?" I demanded to know.

"That's not important, Chad Gordon." The man spat. How does he know my name? I've never met the guy before. "What is is that we know about your beloved one and Lionel wants you to know that he's coming for her. Coming for the Moonet." And with that he vanished into thin air. Along with the other rogues that were around.

Lionel? Who the hell is that? 'Coming for the Moonet'? Did they find her? And my beloved one? What is this guy going on about? The remainder of wolves from the pack looked around them in pure confusion.

"That's a wrap, guys. Get inside and help those whom are injured." My words were laced with power and control, but on the inside I was shaking like a scared cat.

I willed myself to help out. I picked up some of the wolves who were in need of help. But doing that was hard because of my arm. Bodies were everywhere, blood was everywhere. My heart flinched in sorrow. Myriad of those limp bodies were from our pack.

Inside, Dad called a meeting. Everyone who could was there, but they were almost all drowned in tears.

Lily spotted me coming through the door and she let out a cry of relief and crashed into my arms. I hugged her back tightly with my right arm and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"Are you okay?" She asked me, tears clouding her eyes. I wiped a stray tear from her cheeks.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a broken arm." I managed to put on a smile. Truth was I actually wasn't. What with the vast amount of our wolves that have died, plus the things that guy said to me. My heart had been beating so fast that I was sure it would've exploded. I wasn't sure if I should tell Lily about what that guy said. It didn't really concern her anyways. Right?

"A broken arm? Oh God. We'll get you to Brian as soon as the Alpha's finished with the meeting." Lily suggested. I nodded in agreement.

"Gather around, everyone!" All heads turned to Dad. "Now, it has been a truly sad attack today and I'm not sure what went on today. We've lost many brilliant people from our pack to those filthy rogues," Sniffles and cries were heard throughout the room. My heart dropped. "We've lost our brothers, our sisters, our elder children, and our mates. We have a lot of souls to grieve but that will not stop us from hitting back against those rogues. Now, we won't have to go around searching for rogues because, honestly, that's a waste of time. What we need to do is to put our defenses up, to protect ourselves with more strength. And I'm not talking about recruiting new, stronger warriors. No, I'm talking about the supernatural. Magic."

The room grew silent to take in all of what Dad just put out there. It was true, our recent defenses were weak. But how do we get magic? I mean, witches aren't always exactly the biggest fans of us werewolves. And I'm not too keen on meeting one after what happened with the whole rejection scandal either.

"So you're talking witches?" Mom asked, her arms folded and her eyebrows creased.

"Exactly. And a strong one too." Dad replied, looking at me. He must've known how I felt about all this.

"But how do we get one to come here?" I asked.

"I think I can help with that." Kara said and walked up to my Dad. "Savannah Xiles, a witch I befriended after I ran away, had said I could call upon her if I needed anything. And I feel now we do. She will help, I'm sure she will."

Dad nodded, although I could read the hesitance in his voice. He wasn't too sure about the idea but I knew he was going to accept. "That's good. Do you mind taking care of that, Kara?"

Kara looked honoured and she stuttered, "Of course, Alpha." She pulled Taylor with her as she headed outside.

"Meanwhile, the rest of us should do our best to comfort those in grief. I'm very sorry for your loss." And with that the meeting ended.

Lily walked over to me. "Well that was...something," She said. I gave her a reassuring smile and attempted to wrap my left arm around her. The jolt of pain that ran up my arm reminded me of my possibly broken arm. I yelped a little.

"Right. Your arm," Lily groaned and moves over to my right side. "Let me take you to Brian now." Lily guided me up the stairs and into the small hospital room.

°°°
Lily's P.O.V.

Brian said that Chad's arm was slightly broken but seeing as he had Alpha Blood he would heal really quickly. I left him there to rest and now I have nothing to do.

There was a brief knock on my door soon followed by Adam walking in. There was mischievous grin on his face.

"Hey, Ily can you take a...ummm...a... walk...yeah a walk with me? Take a walk with me." Adam stuttered. My eyebrows knit together in confusion. He doesn't sound very sure of what he wants to ask me.

"You want me to walk with you?" Adam scratched the back of his neck nervously and replied, "Yeah?" His reply came out more a question. I shrugged and got up to follow him. He smiled when he saw me do so.

I could hear Adam laugh lightly under his breath and I looked at him weirdly, to which he smiled innocently. Adam guided me outside and around to the back of the pack house.

The huge backyard was empty, and sudden feeling washed over me.

"Uhm, is this where you kill me?" I asked out loud to Adam, a smile tugging at my lips. When I got no reply, I turned around. Adam wasn't there. He better not be playing with me. My eyes scanned around furiously, my nerves on edge. Oh goddess, what if aliens took him? I always knew they were real!

"Tag! You're it!" A hand hit me on my back. I whipped around so fast I was surprised that I didn't get a whiplash. Rachael had hit me and was now grinning away. Adam, Louis, Simon, Matthew, Hunter and Haley and stood behind her, smiling with mischief.

"Rachael! What is going on? Why is everyone here?" I asked, throwing my hands up. So aliens didn't kidnap Adam then? Why do I feel disappointed?

"We're going to play tag," Rachael answered blatantly. I gave her a look. We just upheld a rogue attack and now they want to play tag as if nothing happened. I don't get it.

"You've been so worried about this whole thing. First, that rejection thing and now, rogues are planning a war or whatever against your future pack. You've been stressing, Ily. So now, just have fun with us." Matthew explained to me. I bit my lip. I do need to loosen up. But how exactly can I? Rogues are looking for me and probably a witch too if she tried to take me away from my mate. Never in my 17 years of life have I been this frustrated about something. Maybe except the rejection.

I nodded in agreement to play. Mutters of 'yes' rang through the guys. I laughed at how everyone was willing to play a game that was considered to be for kids. Tag was one of my favourite game though. Rachael and I would play it a lot.

"Alright. Well let the games begin!" Adam fist-pumped the air and ran off in a direction. Soon after, everyone followed his actions and sped off in a direction. Realizing I was 'it' I groaned. Werewolf Tag was a bit harder because damn wolves can be fast. Looks like I'll have to cheat this one with the Moonet Mode. Okay, that was corny.

My first target was Haley, since she was the least fast out of everyone. My legs moved incredibly fast as I ran after Haley. Despite her average speed, she got away from my reach a lot because she moved in many different ways. It wasn't until we came onto a closed area that I managed to tap her shoulder.

"You're it, sucker!" Haley stopped, a pout etched on her face. I haven't talked to her that much and I really should seeing as she my mate's sister.

"Man." Haley downed, but she was still smiling. I quickly ran away from Haley before she made me the tagger again.

"I'm coming to get you, peeps." Haley announced in the link. I smiled at that. Not having an idea of where to go, I kind of stumbled around, still keeping out of Haley's way of course.

"Psst. Lily!" A voice somewhere off in the bushes called to me. My eyes found Louis and he waved me over. I broke into a run and landed beside him

"If this is tag then why are we hiding?" I asked incredulously.

"You have a point, you know. But who cares?" Louis smiled. His eyes looked around carefully for a few seconds before turning back to me.

"Hey, Louis?" My voice approached him. He looked at me with raised eyebrows. "Chad's sorry, you know?" I spoke. Louis was silent before saying, "I know." Does that mean he'll forgive him soon? Hopefully.

The next hour raced past in a blur. A fun blur. Hayley eventually found Louis and I, and boy did we run. She got up to Louis and I know that he let her catch up to him. They're too cute. I got caught one more time, so did Simon, Matthew and Hunter. But Adam was the champ. I have no idea how his legs move so fastly.

I finally collapsed on my bed from my tired legs. Not minding, I allowed myself to drift off into a sleep.

There were dead bodies everywhere. Blood too. I was sandwiched in pain between two bodies. I slowly pushed them off of me, the wounds on my arms and leg making it harder. Using all the energy I could muster up, I hauled myself off the floor. The forest trees were splashed with blood and the ground had specks of it on there as well.

Looking around on the ground, I noticed that werewolves lined the ground like crazy, about 95% of them being members of the Black Wolf pack. My parents, Taylor and Kara, Dylan and Amanda, Rachael, the rest of my friends. My heart flinched deeply as I thought of the one person that stole it. Chad.

My ears perked up at the sound of moaning. My heart was already racing, my mind starting to think up the worst scenarios. I slowly walked over to the source and I fell to the floor when I saw Chad lying three, his face bruised up and open wounds all over his body. I craddled him in my chest and kissed him lightly on the forehead.

"Stay with me, Chad. Don't leave me, you can't leave me. I love you." My sobs came out hard. I brushed the dark hair out of his face. His dark brown orbs that I fell in love with looked up at me.

"I lo-lo-ve y-you too." His last words came out shaky as his eyes closed slowly.

"No!" I screamed in sorrow. A huge part of my heart seemingly slipped away. My cries were very much audible. I couldn't believe that I just lost my mate, the one person to love me more than anyone else could. The person who never failed in cheering me up. I closed my eyes as his soul drifted away.

Clap. Clap.

My head whipped behind me and standing a few meters away was a man and a girl.

"Such a heartfelt performance. Would make the perfect ending to a romance movie, don't you think?" The man had a deep voice. Is this guy for real?

My instincts about this guy was no good, as if the evil glint in his eyes wasn't evidence enough. He sported blonde locks that covered his forehead, a deep scar above his left eyebrow. He was actually quite handsome with dark winter eyes and a chiselled jaw. He was dressed in a full suit of black that gave him a professional sort of vibe.

The girl beside him was gorgeous too. She was tall and very model like. Her outfit style was similar to mine. Her straight brown hair fell around her shoulders. She had a certain aura around her. A strong one too.

"Done checking us out?" She smirked and I remained my mouth in a thin line.

The man tsked, causing my attention to fall back to him. "How sad is this." He gestured around him to my fallen loved ones. "It must really tighten your heart, Lily." He said, magically knowing my name. "If only Selene had just given in to me, then none of this would have happened. And what did it cost? Your family." My anger blared. It's his fault my family is all gone, his fault Chad is gone.

Without thinking, I fled towards him, attempting to physically hurt him in someway. Suddenly, I was hit to the floor somehow. I landed on my back with a hard thud, the feeling of a bone crack inside me. How the hell did that happen?

The girl had a defensive stance up, her hands in front of her. I had no idea how she just did that. Unless...

"Yes, I'm a witch. And I would advise you not to mess with me." She spat and stepped back to the man's side who had an amused smile on his face.

"Calm down, Savannah." The guy laid a hand on her shoulder. "She's weaker without that necklace of hers,"

"But Lionel-" Savannah started to say but Lionel cut her off. Lionel. Hmm. Where have I heard that name before? My hands instinctively went to my chest. My necklace was gone! Without it I am pretty weaker and my Moonet powers won't kick in. Where is it? The weird duo must have stolen it.

"Nobody stole your necklace, girl." Savannah rolled her eyes, intimidating me. She turned to Lionel and said, "Can we just kill her and get this over and done with? I have a manicure appointment you know."

Lionel sighed exasperatedly, probably tired of her annoying bickering. I really don't like that really pretty girl.

"Fine." Lionel grunted. I scrambled back on my feet, closing my eyes when my back hit the bark of a tree. The two stalked up to me. Savannah's palm was glowing with a dark blue spark while Lionel held a very sharp-looking dagger with a glowing white substance on it.

It wasn't long before he brought it down hard onto my chest.

I flew up in my bed, my chest heaving rapidly. My breaths were shaky and I felt sweaty. I calmed down a bit when I realized I was in my room.

I have no idea what the dream-more like nightmare -meant. But what I do know is that I have to find out before it happens for real.

To relax myself, I decided on grabbing a snack from the kitchen. Don't get me wrong, I was still traumatized about the whole thing but at least food will cheer me up. I searched the lower cabinet for something and I happily pulled out a packet of Oreos. Then the door bell rang.

Since I was close I cautiously walked to it, a not-so-nice feeling forming in the pit of my gut. I pulled the door open and dropped my Oreos in shock when I saw who stood in front of me.

Savannah, the girl from my dream.

°°°

Cliffhanger... Hmm. Sorry for the slow updates *rolls eyes* but I'm working on it.

Please vote or comment or both. Ty!

[unedited]

-°°°ndasa°°°

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43K 1.1K 51
"I, Caden Knight, Alpha of the Mystic Falls Pack, reject you Lily Rose of Silver Moon Pack! From this day forth I release you from our mate bond". L...
2.2K 23 29
I will switch to other POV throughout the story. Non-traditional ABO, Alpha, Beta, Omega Dynamics. Trigger Warning Explicit smut in details through...
116K 2.6K 20
Luna is part of the Blue Moon pack, sworn enemies of the Black Thorn pack. She has just come of age. It is time for her to find a mate. What happens...
182K 8K 25
Lily doesn't remember her 21st - not after she got absolutely plastered. Still, she can't help but feel like something important happened ... Like...