British Guys Aren't Cute

By UnicornFartGlitter

'Fact: British guys are not cute. Never have been; never will be!' Meet Nora. During the day, she's a crazed... More

British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter One
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Two
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Three
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Four
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Five
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Six
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Seven
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Eight
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Nine
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Ten
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Eleven
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twelve
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Fourteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Fifteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Sixteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Seventeen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Eighteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Nineteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-One
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Two
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Three
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Four
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Six
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Seven
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Eight
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Nine
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-One
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Two
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Three
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Four
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Five
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Six
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Seven
British Guys Aren't Cute - Epilogue

British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Five

33.7K 686 70
By UnicornFartGlitter

'I like the English. They have the most rigid code of immorality in the world,'

Malcolm Bradbury 

Chapter Twenty-five

Post 277:

Ball are stupid; alcohol makes it all better

Milo’s eyes widen as he walked into the room, his heart thumped hard against his rib cage. as his jaw practically dropped to the floor. Nora looked beautiful in her black, floor length dress, the material creating a black pool around her feet. The neck line was plunging, just on the borderline of appropriate. It was like seeing her in his clothes all again, very inappropriate thoughts clouding his mind. 

“Darling, shut your mouth; you’ll catch flies,” Nora winked, her brown hair up in a bun which had taken almost two hours for the hairdresser to make perfect. She was just as affect as Milo was with seeing him in a black suit, Milo in just every day clothes was hot; Milo in a tux was just breathtaking for Nora. A smile erupted on her face as he didn’t reply, clearly not hearing a word she had said. She picked up the front of her dress, trying for the step on it with her high heels, before walking over to Milo and gently pushing his jaw up to shut his mouth. 

His blue eyes fixed on Nora’s green ones, before Milo instantly leaned forward and kissed her lips wildly, wishing inside his head that he could just skip the ball and head straight home with Nora. 

“Somebody likes my dress,” She laughed quietly, pulling out of the kiss.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do with you dressed like that all night long! I’m not going to be able to think about anything else,” Milo admitted, his voice sounding all rough and strained, sending shivers down Nora’s spine. 

“Get in and get out?” Nora suggested, winking a little.

“You bet, babe,” Milo replied, grabbing her hand before practically pulling her out of the room, dragging her down the corridor trying to get the ball done as quick as possible. 

Butterflies filled Nora’s stomach as she began to thank Sean silently in her head for telling her to buy the dress. If all she had to do was sex-up to get out of balls then she would do it every night. 

They stood outside the double doors, waiting impatiently for the king and queen to arrive, Milo’s nails digging painlessly into Nora’s hand, making her wish more and more that they could just leave; or at least find a dark cupboard were they wouldn’t be found. 

“Damn parents,” Milo spoke under his breath. “Can we not just go in without them?” Milo questioned, turning to the guard who slowly shook his head, the guard finding it hard to peel his eyes off Nora. 

“Er... Sorry Prince Markus but you have to wait for the king and queen,” the guard apologized. Milo’s grip tightened around Nora’s hand, making her uncomfortable a little. She realized that he was getting jealous of the guard a little. She chucked a little before rolling her eyes at the concept of male dominance. She stepped forward slightly, before kissing Milo on the lips, his grip on her hand loosing completely as he let go and put the arm around the back of her head, pushing her closer and closer as the couple grew hungry for more, biting on each others lips; each of them trying to figure out an exit strategy. Nora’s arms wrapped around Milo’s waist, pulling him as close as possible, her nails digging into the material of his suit, making him moan at the back of his throat.

“Well this looks cosy,” a voice commented, the tone clearly holding back some laughter. Nora pulled backwards off the kiss, MIlo’s head instantly darting to the right to see his mother with a great big smile on her lips.

“Fuck,” He whispered, not wanting to let go of Nora. Nora blushed, her cheeks resembling a beetroot,  as she realized that she had just been caught making out heavily with her boyfriend by his parents - who were also the king and queen. The queen raised an eyebrow at her son’s language, not bothering to correct him.

“Sorry,” Nora whispered, unwrapping her arms from Milo, Milo slowly doing the same, his hand instantly taking Nora’s once again. 

“No need to apologize dear, it’s just that every-time we try to make-out, our dear sons runs in and tells us how gross it is to see his parents playing tonsil tennis,” The queen relied, staring at Milo the entire time, sending him daggers.

“Well it’s weird!” Milo replied, “Would you like to see grandma and granddad making out?” He questioned, the queen instantly shivering as the mental image popped up in her head.

“God no, their old!” 

“Same for you then!” Milo replied, sticking his tongue out at his mother before turning around. His mother let out a gasp as his father lightly slapped the back of his head, rolling his eyes at his son.

“I am not old! I can still get down like I used to!” the queen replied, her mouth wide open in shock.

“Mum, nobody ‘get’s down’ anymore” Milo replied dryly.

“Sure they do!” the queen replied, still in shock from her son’s words, “Nora - do people still get down?” she questioned furiously, all eyes landing on Nora making her heartbeat double slightly.

“Er... I’m not even sure what ‘getting down’ is,” She admitted. The queen opened her mouth to speak, only to be cut off by fanfare as people got ready to announce their arrival. 

“Introducing Prince Markus and his girlfriend, Nora Flynn,” a posh voice announced, before the double doors in front of the couple opening slowly as they walked into the room, smiles lighting up their faces as music played softly in the background. 

They walked down the stairs, Nora trying once again not to trip over her dress before pausing at the bottom for picture from the photographers. Nora and Milo were quickly moved on, joining the crowd as his parents walked down the steps.

A pair of eyes stared at Nora, watching her float down the stairs, a bright smile on her lips. This was his last chance to get rid of her. 

‘Third times a charm,’ he thought to himself, licking his lips slightly. Revenge was right in front of him, only the tips of his fingers managing to grab it before it slipping out of reach. Nora was the key to getting his revenge, with her out of the way, Milo would be broken; easier to destroy. She had this one change to leave without a fight, to give up and leave; if she didn’t.... well, it wouldn’t be pretty for her. 

“Hey beautiful,” a voice whispered into Nora’s ear, arms wrapping around her waist and pulling her backwards into his warm chest, “Ready to go?” 

Nora grinned, before spinning around to come face to face with her boyfriend. “Already?” 

“I have to meet one last guest and then we can get out of here,” Milo smiled, his blue eyes bright with happiness. 

“Okay, meet you outside in five?” Nora asked, before jumping up slightly and kissing Milo softly and quickly on the lips.

“Make it four,” He replied quickly before unwrapping his arms from her waist and walking off to find the guest. Nora quickly drank what was left in her glass, before passing it to a waiter and making her way quickly out of the ball room and down the hall until she reached the front door, walking into cool darkness of the night.

Nora took a deep breath in, finding it a little overwhelming to come back down to planet earth after walking around a royal ball for almost an hour. She tilted her head up, looking up at the stars twinkling above her head. She couldn’t remember the last time she had seen the sky so clear, it didn’t take long until Nora was lost staring at the sky, just looking up like an idiot. 

All her thoughts seemed to melt away as she looked up at the night sky, trying to remember all the constellations her father had taught her as a child. She quickly looked down from the sky, her mind returning back down to earth. Nora quickly turned around, expecting to only be met by the rest of the gardens, but instead there was somebody standing right behind her. Her heart slammed violently into her rib cage, beating hard in her chest as she came back down to earth with a bump. Her eyes widened in shock as she sucked in a large breath. 

“Jesus! Sorry, Nora, I didn’t mean to scare you!” the person apologized, Nora not being able to make out the person’s face in the darkness. She looked up at the person, her  eyes adjusting to the darkness before shock overwhelmed her once again as she realized who the person was.

“What are you doing here?” She snapped, immediately feeling the impulse to run, her heart beat not slowing down. 

“Nice to see you to, Nora,” Dan replied dryly, rolling his eyes slightly.

“Dan, the last time I saw you, you told me that me getting stabbed was all Milo’s fault!” Nora shouted, anger now taking over. She was getting seriously sick of Dan. He was suppose to be Milo’s brother, and yet every time Nora met Dan, he tried to split them up. 

“Nora, I just wanted to see how you are,” Dan replied, his voice calm, the complete opposite to Nora’s.

“Dan, just go!” Nora said, struggling not to scream at him. She turned around, walking as fast as she could away from him

“Nora, I just want to talk!” Nora turned around, her green eyes wide with Dan’s words, anger pumping through her veins.

“You just want to talk? Every time I talk to you you’re trying to spilt me and Milo up! I’m really getting sick of your game! The last time we met, you told that I never know who to trust; well I know that I defiantly don’t trust you!” Nora shouted, walking back up to Dan. He smirked at her anger, the smirk barely lasting a second before he opened his mouth to speak,

“And you trust him?” He sneered. “The guy who didn’t tell you that he was the prince? The future king of a fucking country? He kept that from you, so what else is he keeping from you then, Nora? Royals, they are just posh politicians - they lie for a living, and you’re stuck in a web of lies, you are just to innocent to see it,” 

Nora opened her mouth to reply, getting ready to tell Dan to go ‘fuck himself’ when he decided to add a bit more in.

“You don’t even trust him to tell him that you love him! You don’t trust him, you just won’t admit it to yourself! I’ve grown up with the lies, my own mother taught me not to even trust my own father, but you, Nora, you just don’t see them,” He added, knowing that his words were making an effect on her. 

Her brain worked overtime, processing his words. Of course she knew Dan was completely off his rocker, of course she knew it was all lies. But was it, Dan knew the royal family better than Nora would - he shared their blood. Was Milo lying to her? Her mother had lied to her father countess times, spinning her own web of lies almost a mile in diameter. Was Milo with somebody else, is that was Dan was meaning - that he was cheating on her? Her brain slowly won the fight over her heart, practically ripping her heart out of her chest and throwing the entire concept of ‘following your heart’ to the wind. 

Her brain was telling her to run. And that’s what she was doing. 

Milo looked around, wondering where the hell Nora was. He had been searching the grounds around the castle for almost ten minutes. He spotted a shadow, standing on the lawn. Slowly, Milo made his way over, a sharp feeling rising in his stomach as he grew closer, recognizing the figure as Dan. 

“Dan?” Milo questioned, “What are you doing here?” 

“I don’t apologies for what I said Milo, it’s the trust and you know it,” Dan replied, a smirk growing on his lips. 

“I don’t really give a shit what you think anymore Dan,” Milo laughed slightly, his expression turning dark. “Have you seen Nora?”

Dan took in a deep breathe, trying to kill the smile that was rising to his lips, “She’s gone, Milo,”

“Gone?” 

“It’s for the best,” Dan replied, “For the both of you,” 

“What do you mean she’s gone? What the fuck are you on about?” Milo questioned, not understanding Dan’s words. 

“She doesn’t want you anymore, Milo. She doesn’t trust you and she doesn’t want this life,” Dan shrugged, almost giddy with excitement as he wonder what his brother reaction would be. A punch that’s what his brothers reaction was. Almost as soon as the words had left Milo’s lips, Milo swung a strong, hard punch at Dan, hitting him square on the face.

“What the fuck did you say?” Milo shouted, hitting him again. Dan just smirked, watching the horror wash over Milo’s features as he realized that Dan had gotten to Nora, that he could have just lost her forever. 

Nora sat in the car, thoughts running riot round her head. Was she doing the right thing? Was she being stupid? Or smart? 

A buzzing noise pulled her out of her train of though, pulling her back down to earth. She opened her black clutch to find her mobile phone ringing. There was no caller ID, but Nora didn’t need it, she recognized the number instantly. 

“Mum?” 

So yeah! Hope you liked it! Song on the side is Daughter's 'Youth' <3 I've not got much to say cause I'm super tired, I'll try and upload Friday, but that's going to be the earlist I can write D: Soo busy! Love you all and thank you to everyone who has read, voted and commented <3 

Oh yeah, the posts at the top will be stopped untill I can think of more things to moan about! Night night!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 4.6K 32
Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple hundred people and she runs into Matt h...
13.4K 182 31
“Making friends is hard, falling in love is harder but falling in love with two wrong persons is astonishing easy. Still I would have preferred my li...
5.8M 57.4K 33
Amy is a focused student and just wants to enjoy a care free senior year. Her family is fiercely over protective and she accepted years ago that boy...
196K 7.6K 35
"Why do you care?" I whispered out. "I worry about you and I have no clue why," he explained honestly which did make my heart sink a little. -_-_-_...