Because You're Mine

By itsshewhowrites

Completed (11.12.17) --------------- It hurts, really, to not have a lasting happiness in your life. Somethi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (Valentine's Day Special: Part 1)
Chapter 32 (Valentine's Day Special: part 2)
Chapter 33 (Valentine's Day Special: part 3)
Chapter 34 (Valentine's Day Special: part 4)
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Acknowledgements

Chapter 35

60 8 0
By itsshewhowrites

Two weeks later

Finally, I'm home. Carrying five bags of grocery all by myself is too much work. I pull out the keys from my pocket and insert it into the door lock.

Why won't the key go inside the lock?

Maybe if I try again in different ways, it could work. I've been told that pulling the handle and opening the lock is helpful, and if that doesn't work, then pressing the key hard into the lock will help.

Or maybe not.

God, this never happened! Not with this key that is. I think I should try again...

Nope. Not working.

I guess the only way in is to call Austin.

Austin: Hey Princess.
Jasmine: No time for 'princess'. Just get here as soon as possible.
Austin: Problem?
Jasmine: No, I'm just calling you from outside our apartment room because I plan on camping out here.
Austin: Jeez, sorry. What's the deal though?
Jasmine: The keys wouldn't go in the door lock. This never happens, and I don't know what to do.
Austin: Did you try multiple times?
Jasmine: Yes, no luck.
Austin: Did you call anyone else?
Jasmine: No, you're the first.
Austin: Great. Be ready in ten.
Jasmine: Why ten? It's only four fifty- *sighs* never mind.
Austin: Told you so.
Jasmine: Where are we going?
Austin: First I help open your door, then we make sure everything works fine so we try the same thing about a few times. Then, you and I go surfing.
Jasmine: I have to study online.
Austin: Who gives a shit about school?
Jasmine: I do!
Austin: And that doesn't matter. You're coming with me, final decision.
Jasmine: Austin I-
Austin: I don't care. We're going surfing.
Jasmine: Okay, fine. Can I at least change?
Austin: It should only take between five to ten minutes.
Jasmine: I don't take hours.
Austin: Hell yeah you do.
Jasmine: Did you leave your gang area or no?
Austin: I'm pulling into the parking lot.
Jasmine: Well aren't you a sweetheart?
Austin: I have to be for my girl.
Jasmine: *chuckles* I love you for that.
Austin: Right back at you.
Jasmine: Thanks.
Austin: Alright, I'm coming up, so I'll hang up now, okay?
Jasmine: Yeah.

In a few minutes, I see Austin walking out of the elevator and towards me. He then engulfs me into me a tight bear hug.

"I missed you." He says.

"Can I breathe?" I mumble. Austin then pulls off the hug, but still holding me.

"Now, let go of me," I demand.

"Error 401. Invalid demand." He smirks as he pulls me closer.

"Looks like I called you for nothing," I say. "Who's going to open my door so that I can get changed?"

"Right." Austin lets me go and obnoxiously opens the lock with the key. It takes a few minutes, but he opens the lock in a matter of tries.

"All you need to do was press it hard and twist it around. Then, grab the handle, pull it while unlocking your door." Austin smiles.

I give Austin a quick kiss on the cheek before heading inside. "You're welcome," Austin says as he enters the house and shuts the door from behind.

*

"It's been twenty minutes and you're still not ready?" I hear Austin shout.

"Shut that mouth of yours," I growl as I hurriedly walk out of the bedroom and set the bag which contained my and Austin's beach supplies down and put on my flip flops. 

I look at Austin who's smiling and looking at me from head to toe. He says, "Gorgeous as always."

"You're not looking bad yourself," I grin. "Washed your face and fixed your hair?"

"Looking good, right?" He says as his hands tousle his hair. I chuckle and nod.

Austin gestures his hand pointing outside, and I laugh a little as I walk out followed by him.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I ask forming a smirk.

"Homemade burgers and fries tonight?" He says, his eyes glowing with the hope that I say yes.

"Definitely." I nod.

"We're still going to watch The Conjuring," Austin added.

"Fine." I groan. "But the food menu is what I'm loving."

"Yeah, I you." Austin forms a smile on his handsome face.

"I love me, and you too," I say and we both laugh. The minute we got out of the elevator, my phone rang. I look to see mom calling. We go into the lobby and I take my call.

"Hey, mom." I greeted. "Why all of a sudden? What?! I thought he- I told dad not to get that excited over the promotion. Where's he now? Are you kidding me? Mom, you know how the procedure goes. I don't have enough, though. Yeah, I'll take the first flight back home. Okay, bye. Take care."

This is way too much to handle. Dad new about it, but still he got too excited.

Now I have to go back. It's only been two weeks in Adelaide and I have to head back with someone. I know that Austin won't be able to because there are some serious issues going on in his gang, and he needs to be here.

But, who do go I with?

"Everything okay?" Austin asks worriedly.

"Unfortunately, no," I replied, disappointed. "Dad's heart condition got worse. He got too excited with his promotion at work that he fainted and now he's in the hospital. Dad's heart is actually growing and it's not normal. Doctors have to say that dad needs a heart transplant. The worse thing is that the down payment is too much and without it, dad's name won't be put on the donors' list."

"Oh, my. I bet you have to go there then." Austin said.

"I do. I must take the next flight. But, I need someone to come with me."

"I'm sorry, but you know I can't come. If I could, then I'd take the chance to come with you, but that stupid Vole is causing issues." Austin disappointingly says.

My eyes become watery and soon enough tears start cascading down my cheeks. I wipe them away before Austin notices. He looks at me and notices my red puffy eyes.

"Princess, don't cry." Austin wipes my tears away with his thumb pulls me in for a hug. I cry silently in his chest as he soothes my back. I pull off of the hug and wipe away the tears once again.

"I'll call Chris. He'll go with you." Austin pulls out his phone and dials a number. "Chris, I need you at my apartment as soon as possible. Yeah, okay."

"Let's go." Austin gently says as he takes the bag in my hand and leads me back to upstairs.

After we get there, he sits me down and hands me a glass of water before going into the bedroom and brings two of my suitcases out in the living room. They were half unpacked because it had only been two weeks here.

Just then, the doorbell rings. Austin gets up and opens the door to see Chris with his two suitcases.

How did he know?

"My mom told me everything," Chris states coldly. "I booked our flight also. We should get going."

I nod and all three of us make our way to the parking lot and to Austin's car. We quickly drive to the airport and finish our procedures in less than three hours.

Our flight was to take off in thirty minutes, so we were saying our goodbyes before leaving.

"Take care of her and try to keep her happy in this situation," Austin says as he and Chris hug. Austin then faces me, takes my face in his warm hands and kisses my forehead.

"Don't worry. Everything will go fine." Austin gently says and I nod before burying my head in his chest. He wraps his arms around me and pulls of closer, also rubbing my back.

I didn't want to leave him at the moment. This was where I belonged; my home. I had no other choice but to go without him, even though I didn't want to.

Sometimes, you just have to compromise with situations and leave your loved one behind for a matter of time.

Yeah, I had Chris. He's a great friend and we get along with each other pretty well. But, Austin's my boyfriend and best friend. I don't want anybody else other than him with me.

He's the one who makes me feel better in unfortunate circumstances. He's the one who makes me smile and laugh when I'm upset. He's the one who doesn't say much, but instead just hugs me to let me know that he's there for me, even though he can't make things better, which is all I need. He's the one who's always been there for me through the thickest of times.

He's the one I love. I'm lucky that I have my best friend, my boyfriend and true love all in one.

Austin pulls of the hug a bit too soon, but still holds me in his arms and caressing my cheek with his thumb.

"I wish you could come," I say as I looked down. He gently grabbed my chin and made eye contact with my watery eyes.

"You'll survive without me." He said forming a small smile, which makes me chuckle a little, also forming a smile.

"I love you." I softly spoke.

"I love you more." He slightly smirks.

"Don't get started on that." I roll my eyes while smiling and Austin chuckles. For some weird reason, I glance over at Chris, who doesn't seem happy of what his eyes are observing currently. He looks as if he's uncomfortable with something.

"We should get going, Jasmine," Chris suggests.

"Yeah." I pull out of Austin embrace but he grabs onto me and makes me face him. I look at him in confusion before he gently brushes his lips on mine. I kiss him back and pull off the kiss and smile before leaving.

"Bye!" Chris and I wave to Austin.

--------------------------------

Liked this chapter? If yes, then I consider you clicking that star button! If no, no problem. But, if you like, you can continue reading and watch how the story changes, and maybe, just maybe you'll reconsider on not voting;)

Thanks for reading! Point out any mistakes and feel free to comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

J + J By Miss_Durst

Teen Fiction

795 56 47
COMPLETE Two lovers. Deeply in love with each other. Will they confess their undieing love for each other or not? Jose, Jesse's older brother, soon...
2M 53.6K 53
[COMPLETED] Autumn Cross is now in 12th grade at her new school, Willington High, with only one goal in mind: passing the 12th grade and going to a g...
1.7K 40 21
You know the moment when you fall in love with a special someone. You expect high expectations and expect nothing to ever go wrong. We'll that's the...
497K 17.6K 37
BOOK 1 C O M P L E T E D U N D E R E D I T I N G I quickly ran into a random room and locked the door behind me. Breathing heavy Sweating Scared "...