Alone in Marriage

By EtySukaisih

There stood the most gorgeous man in Erica Ferguston's eyes, her groom, Arnold Binder. But, her world crushed... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Final Chapter
After Ending

Chapter Twenty

36.1K 1K 53
By EtySukaisih

Dedicated to mahgadahling

Thanks for proofreading this chapter.
You are a big help.

********

Cameron Biston

A forbidden name that he hadn't uttered for years. Her betrayal had changed him into a cold -hearted person. He was glad her name didn't cause any lingering warmth, but an ice cold heart instead. That meant he had finally moved on, and he had to thank Erica for that.

"What do you want to do with her?" Arthur asked calmly. Since Arnold said her name like that, that meant he didn't feel anything except full hatred toward that woman. She maybe had hurt him deeply, but he had finally let go of his heart knob.

"Where is she now?" Arnold sat back and turned his eyes to Erica.

"We had captured and confined her in one of the warehouses. Alex said it's up to you to hand her over to the police or take care of her using your own way."

"You know? I thought I would want to kill her immediately, but I don't feel like that at all. Just watch her for a while, let's talk again after Erica has woken up." he brought Erica hand to his face.

Arthur watched him with a smile in his face. Maybe this was a blessing in disguise, thought he never wished this to happen. His twin baby brother finally embraced life with an open mind. Now, they just need Erica to wake up. He didn't want to imagine what would happen if two days later she still hadn't opened her eyes. With Arnold's temperament, he was afraid that a heavy price would have to be paid.

Since Arnold had wanted to focus on Erica at the moment, he left the VIP room and headed home.

******

Three days went by and the day they were waiting for had come. From the morning every member of the Binders had been in Erica's hospital ward. But the reality disappointed them. Until long after passed dinner time, she still hadn't opened her eyes.

"Let's go home for today! Maybe I miscalculated." Alfred spoke up after they had been waiting until nine o'clock.

"Yes, you all should go home and rest. I will wait here and if she wake up at midnight I will inform you." Arnold tried to hide his disappointment and assured his family.

"I guess that's the only way. But, you better inform us immediately once she wakes up, young man! Or you will have a hell to pay for." Martha stood up and pointed at Arnold.

"Yes, Mum! I promise you!"

"Good!" she said and left with Andrew hand in hand. The other also followed suit. Arthur patted Arnold's shoulder on his way out.

Arnold settled back on the chair and held Erica's hand. It was hard to stay positive when the most important person in his life was in life and death situation. If only he could take her place, that bullet was for him after all. He looked at her with a sad expression, he would be lying if he said he wasn't hoping she would wake up today like the other, so he was actually very disappointed.

He suddenly felt a squeeze in his hand. His eyes shot to Erica and he saw her eyelids moved. He held his breath and finally let it out when she opened her eyes.

"Erica!" he called out to her softly. "What a timing you have! Everyone just left moment ago. I almost thought you enjoy been sleeping beauty and won't wake up for a long time." he added with a smile.

Erica tried to speak, but no voice came out.

"Here, have some water first! Your throat must be dried without water for three days." he put the straw in her mouth. He raised the headrest to make it easier for her to drink.

Erica drank the water but her eyes never left him. After she had enough, she tried to use her right hand to move the straw away, but the pain made her cry out.

Arnold immediately put down the glass and went to check on her. "Are you okay? I will call the nurse!" but before he could take another step, Erica's voice stop her.

"No! It's okay." it was said softly, but he still heard it and he turned his attention back to her. His clenched his hand to hold back from screaming in anger at himself. How much it hurt him seen her in pain. If only he had prepared an precaution when Cameron Biston came back. He was too preoccupied by his own thought and past depression to be aware that she was up to no good. If only he kept track of her action, maybe all of this won't happen and Erica won't have to suffer like this. If only she didn't protect him and let him take the bullet, he would prefer that. The target was only him after all.

"Arnold?" Erica's voice snapped him out of his thought.

He cleared his throat and asked, "Beside the pain at your right shoulder, did your feel any pain some where else?"

She didn't answered his question and just stared his face in silence.

He rubbed his cheeks, "Is there something on my face?"

"Are you fine?" she finally asked after staring at him until he felt awkward.

"The shooter left after one shot. We already found him, though. We had also caught the master mind." He was relieved, she was finally saying something after staring at him for so long, that he blunted out about that.

Her eyes went wide with disbelieve, "You did? Who is it?"

Arnold realized his mistake, rather than trying to brush it off, he chose to be honest but still, this talk had to be pushed off till she had recovered completely, "We will talk about this after you had fully recovered."

"Am I not allow to know who try to hurt my husband?" she was upset.

Arnold was silent by that question. They both stared at each other. After a while, he sighed and said, "It's Cameron Biston."

She gasped in surprise. Of all the name she had, that name was the last one on her mind, "B-bbut, why?" she was shocked.

He shrugged, "Apparently she would rather kill me than let any other woman have me, that's what Arthur told me."

"Arthur told you?" she repeated.

He nodded.

"That's means you didn't question her yourself?"

"I have to be here and no where else. Other things have to wait till you are fine." he exclaimed.

She looked at him in bewilderment. Tears started to gather in her eyes, her emotions were a mess. She was confused, with her understanding of him, there was no way he would let other take care on things that endangered him directly. What's happened during the time she was out of it? Why was he treating her like this? Like she was the most important thing in his life.

Arnold saw the tears on her eyes. Her body was still recovering, it's not good to strain herself like this. So, he tried to persuade her to drop this subject, "Look! Let's postponed this talk. I don't want you to stress yourself like this when you haven't recovered."

Erica looked up at the ceiling to prevent the tears from leaking out. After taking a deep breath, she asked again, "What do you intended to do to her?"

"Erica!" Arnold tried again. But it looked like Erica was hell bent in getting the answer.

"Have you punished her? Is she dead already?"

"Erica!" he narrowed his eyes and spoke in a threatening tone. He had to stop this conversation. He wouldn't let her be upset when her body was still weak.

She finally looked at him in the eyes, "Did you hand her over to the police? Or you actually let her go?"

His eyes widened, "No, of course not! She hurt you, there is no way I will let her go that easily." he exclaimed.

"But the real target is you! Since they didn't succeed, there is no need for any exaggerate punishment. Just keep them in check to guarantee your safety."

He scowled at her, "Yes, they missed me. But they got you, and that was worse. I would rather take the bullet than see you lying on this bed struggling between life and death."

"Arnold!" she was speechless.

He took a deep breath to calm himself. He didn't want to talk to her like this. They really need to talk about something else, but not right now. "If you really want to know," he paused and stared at her before he continued, "No, I haven't decided anything yet. I have to make sure you are okay before I could think of anything else."

"Why?"

"Huh?" He didn't get what that single word question meant.

"Why does my well-being come first?" she knew, she was being foolish again but she just couldn't help it. She had to know where she stood in his heart.

Arnold was silent. Yes, he had accepted the fact that he loved her and he was willing to confess his eternal love to her. But he also knew that he had a lot to prove before he could do so. Would it do any better if he said it now.

Erica was disappointed. She dropped her head and stared at her hands. Clearly, his feeling for her hadn't changed. He reacted like this just because she was his responsibility, to show his gratitude. But, how to explain about the way he was looking at her. It was so clear that it freaked her out. Was it her hallucination again. She didn't know what to think anymore. She massaged her forehead.

"Erica!" he called out softly. "You have just wake up after been unconscious for three days, you shouldn't strain yourself like this. We will postpone this talk, we will talk when it was fine for you to be emotional. Right now is not the right time."

She nodded.

"I will go out to make some calls. I have promised the other I will call them once you wake up."

"But, it's already so late. They must be resting. Why don't you wait until morning?"

"I wish I could. But I would just face their rage if I postpone it until morning. They will have a nice sleep once I tell them. Believe me! I will call a nurse to watch you." with that remark, he left the room.

Erica was too late to argue with him. When she want to open her mouth to speak, he had already left. She sighed.

What is different about him? He didn't look any different, but somehow he felt different to her. What is it? Where is it?

She had no idea what had happened, what had changed in him. She was confused. She really need someone to explain things to her, but the only one who could do it was him and she wasn't ready to have heart to heart talk when her emotion was in a mess, especially she had been ready to divorce. What she should do now. She really had no idea at all. She had to wait. This wasn't the right time to make any decision. Once everything had settled down, they would talk thoroughly.

######

Author's Note!!!

I didn't have any right picture for this chapter, so I just left it as plain as it is.

Anyway, I will stop the story here for now. It felt sad to finish it quickly, so I will drag it some more, but not much. Hopefully, I could finish it this year.

#######

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 12.8K 17
My re-take on ArShi's remarriage. Arnav and Khushi were going to get married again in front of the whole family. On the day of marriage Dadi disclos...
30K 2K 23
Abhinav was dejected After he witnessed Akshara hugging Abhimanyu in the hospital. Abhinav was insecured as he felt like he was gonna lose his world...
24K 578 44
Sometimes love will make you bloom. Sometimes it will torn you apart. Some stories will make in history. Some will make someone history. ____________...
749K 35K 57
"Will, you ever move on, forget him?" Her friend asked. "He is my breath and I will forget him when I forget to breathe." She answered with a smile o...