Blind (A Kingdom Hearts/Final...

By xXlivelaughlove

[Name] is the daughter of a horrible drunken bastard, a.k.a Luxord [Surname]. She suffers from his abuse dail... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7

Chapter 6

3.2K 125 48
By xXlivelaughlove

Special thanks to TwistedXSymphony for creating an awesome OC to be used in my story and also for giving me so much positive feedback (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Six: The Camera Game

You were glad that you had memorized the way to the garden.

It was literally the first destination on your list of places to remember the way to, and the path had only taken you about half an hour to take to heart. Most people would've wanted to know the way to the cafeteria or common area, but you wanted to know the way to the garden that Riku took you to yesterday.

After staying a few more minutes with Ventus, you made your way to the garden. You were thankful that no one had come looking for you and just left you to be alone, because that meant you could relax without having to actually speak to people and listen to them talk.

You really enjoyed the company of your new friends and all, but you enjoyed your solitude better.

Solitude was just what you were used to.

You kicked off your slippers then held them in one hand as you pushed the glass door open. You stepped onto the stone pathway that led you to the fountain, smiling softly at the feeling of the rough rocks underneath your feet and dirt going between your toes.

You followed the path, twirling around every so often and loving the way your hair billowed in the wind. When you reached the fountain you held your free hand out, the cold water splashing against your skin.

You hummed a nameless tune as you shook your hand off and walked around the fountain, a slight bounce in your step. You tentatively poked one foot out on the ground in front of you, almost immediately pulling it back as your toes were greeted by several blades of grass. Laughing softly to yourself, you took a full step out onto the grassy field, curling your toes so you could feel the dirt underneath the blades that were slightly damp from the morning dew.

The sun beat down on your face as you spread your arms and grinned up at the sky, eyes closed.

Just the simple act of closing your eyes caused all your senses to heighten, and you suddenly felt each minuscule clumps of dirt that clung to your toes. The birds' songs each stood out against each other's, and you whistled a tune of your own. You could smell roses, orchids, lavenders, and other flowers you couldn't even begin to name.

For a split second time stood still, and you froze in this trance, feeling nothing but pure ecstasy.

Happiness was something foreign to you, but at this moment, you were sure you had found it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Directions to the common area, please," you told the lady at the front desk.

"Sweetie, it's going to be quite a walk. Do you want me to get a nurse to guide you there?"

You bit your lip. "Um, no thank you. You see, I'm trying to teach myself how to get around on my own."

"Dear, if I'm not mistaken, this is only your third day here. So don't hurt that pretty little head of yours by worrying about being independent. It'll all come to you naturally in due time." You felt her place a warm hand on top of yours, and you sighed.

"I suppose you're right. So... I guess I'll have to take you up on that offer of having a nurse take me."

"Okay, then," she chirped. "Oh! You know Demyx, right? Doctor V's son?"

"Yes."

"I'll have him over in just a second. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day, Miss [Surname]!"

"You too, Miss... uh..." You struggled to find her name.

"Call me Saki, dear. Oh, here comes Demyx. Bye now!"

~~

"You have a habit of running away when you're uncomfortable, don't you?" Though his tone was lighthearted, you couldn't help but tense up at his observation.

You forced a smile. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Not to be a prick or anything," Demyx said cautiously. "But it's just something that I noticed."

You yourself knew that he was stating the truth. You've always run away from undesirable situations, taking the easy way out and avoiding the situation so that you wouldn't have to be burdened with the work of making a decision.

"... It's just the simplest thing to do, you know?" You muttered. "And it's also what I've been doing my whole life, so trying to escape is pretty much my default action. I know it's cowardly, but... I've never learned how to fight back or stand my ground."

Demyx briefly let go of your wrist to rub your shoulder reassuringly. "It's not cowardly, [Name]. It's actually a rather reasonable tactic. And you really don't need to fight back or be strong here- I mean, we're in a trauma ward, for Christ's sake. Just do what you feel is right, and we'll support you. Really, I meant nothing of it."

You smiled as you felt his hand make its way back to your wrist. "Thanks, Dem."

"Always. And we're actually having a karaoke session in the common area right now, but it's up to you to participate. Would you like to?" Demyx changed the subject with ease as you rounded a corner.

"Sure," you said, grinning. You haven't sang in forever. "Just make sure to pick songs that I know, please."

He laughed and ruffled your hair with his other hand. "Of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Vanitas, don't break the machine!" Sora yelled.

"The damn thing gave me a 75!" Van barked back, and you cringed as you heard a loud crack resonate through the air. "Is my singing only worth a C? Huh? Huh?"

"You better calm your tits, Vanitas," Leon warned. "Or else you'll get us banned from visiting. So sit your ass down, and here's a glass of water and a lid so you can shut the full cup."

Vanitas laughed humorlessly as you heard a thump on the cushion beside you. "You're so funny, Leon. And wow, that's the most I've ever heard you speak in over a year!"

"You're exaggerating as always," Leon muttered. "Someone disassemble the god damn karaoke machine and put it away before he breaks it."

"But I didn't even get to sing Bohemian Rhapsody!" Axel whined. "The whole 'is this real life, or is this fantasy' shit is so deep that I'm drowning!"

"Dear, I love you and all but..." Steph paused and took in a deep breath. "Your singing sounds like a dying whale."

"That was such an original insult," Axel mumbled. "If you really loved me, you would've tried harder."

"Axel, don't question my love." Stephanie's voice was stern and commanding unlike her usual sweet and light hearted tone, and that shocked you.

"Yes, my sweet," Axel grumbled in defeat.

"Wow," you said, chuckling nervously. "I'm not sure if I should be laughing or just sitting here in awe."

"It's alright to laugh, [Name]," Kairi said. "Everyone knows it's funny."

"Yeah," Ryann agreed. "Why not try and be happy while we're all just trapped here in this blindingly white prison?" She paused, and then chuckled. "Sorry, [Name] and Riku. I didn't mean it that way."

"Oh, come on, Ry," Demyx said, laughing. "You know you like this place just as much as the rest of us do."

"Don't be so sure of yourself," she muttered in response.

"So since Vanitas can't handle getting a bad score for his singing," Riku said,"Why don't we just play something more... I don't know, calming?"

"Monopoly!" Sora piped, and you laughed.

"Are you kidding me? Van would probably stab one of us to death with one of the player pieces."

"[Name]'s right," you heard Cloud say. "So what do you guys want to do now? Please suggest something that won't use items that Vanitas could potentially hurt us with."

"Flappy bird!"

"No, Sora!" Was everyone's unanimous reply.

"Paranoia," Vanitas murmured.

"Hell no!" You said, waving a hand in front of your face. "I'm blind, remember?"

"Well then, Princess," Vanitas said, scoffing. "What do you have in mind?"

"... Truth or dare?" You said halfheartedly while smiling softly and shrugging your shoulders. "I don't know! I've never hung out with friends like this before since I was twelve."

"Hey, let's play the camera game!" Kairi suggested.

"But I hate pictures," Ryann whined.

"Plus, [Name] and I are blind," Riku stated. "And we both have it so bad that we can't detect light."

You stiffened. "How did you know that?" You whispered to him since he was sitting right beside you.

"The nurses told me some of the information that was on your file so I could help you better," he whispered back. "For example, I know your bra size is a-"

"So," you said, interrupting Riku so you didn't have to hear him reveal your bra size. "What's the camera game?"

"Think of it as speed dating, but instead of asking questions, you take selfies!" Everyone groaned at Sora's explanation.

"That was horrible, Sora," Roxas chided. "So [Name], basically everyone takes their phone or camera and takes a selfie of themselves when the timer goes off and the flash is activated, and then they pass their phones to the person on their left. The game ends when everyone gets their device back. Got it?"

"I'd love to play, but Riku's right." You sighed, and Riku pat your shoulder. "I wouldn't know when to smile for the camera since my light detection is simply nonexistent."

"We could turn the sound on for one of the cameras or phones so you two can hear the countdown," Kairi offered. "It's a really fun game, so no worries. Afterwards we can take turns describing the pictures to you both."

"You sure?" Riku asked. "We could just play truth or dare like [Name] suggested."

"Oh come on, Ku," Demyx said. "Let's play the camera game, please?"

"Don't I get a-" Vanitas started.

"Nope!" Ryann chimed. "Come on, then. Let's go find some cameras and phones."

~~

Beep, beep, beep

You smiled as you heard the click of the the shutter, then passed the camera to Riku.

"Two more!" Sora called out.

Beep, beep, beep

You stuck your tongue out while scrunching your eyes closed, attempting to make a silly face.

"Last one!"

Beep, beep, bee-

"OH MY GOD, AXEL!"

"WHAT? WHAT HAPPENED?"

"KAIRI WHAT'S ON YOUR-"

"OH MY FUCKING GOD!"

The whoosh of the shutter was heard through all of the commotion and you realized that instead of smiling at the camera, you stupidly turned your head towards the yelling and tried to "get a look" at what was happening.

"WE TOTALLY TRICKED YOU!" Kairi, Ryann, Sora, and Axel all shouted, laughing.

"C'mon, lets take a look at all the pictures," Riku said, grabbing your arm.

You rolled your eyes. "Yeah, because we can totally see them."

"Mental images, [Name]," he said, and you could hear the smile in his voice. "Mental images."

You laughed. "That's true. It'd probably be easier for you, though, since my imagination is lacking."

You felt him ruffle your hair. "Don't worry about it."

"Gather round, children," Kairi purred. "Everyone take a camera or phone- but not your own."

"Sheesh," you heard Roxas mumble. "You sound like a creepy pedophile version of Mary Poppins."

"And we're not all children," Cloud and Leon said in unison.

"Whatever! Alright, pick your poison." 

You felt someone on your right tap your shoulder and place a camera in your hand. It's Cloud's voice that you hear when they tell you that they'll be the one to describe the pictures for you, and you smile. 

Maybe this was a pretty good idea after all.

~~

"This one is of Riku," Cloud said. "He's actually wearing a really bright smile that shows off his pearly whites, and his turquoise eyes are shining. His silver hair's a bit of a mess, though, and you can tell that he didn't brush it this morning."

"Hey!" Riku said indignantly. "I didn't have time to. I woke up late for my therapy session with Nams. I felt so bad that I sped out of my room after brushing my teeth."

"Excuses, excuses," you teased, tsking and shoving him playfully. "As a man, you must always look presentable. And that's why your breath stank this morning."

"But I don't wanna be a man. I just turned 18 a few months ago."

"You're still old compared to me."

"Okay, getting off track here, aren't we?" Cloud tapped the back of your head lightly and you grimaced, your hands flying up to "shield" your head. When he put pressure on that spot, a sharp pain suddenly spread from the top of your head to your toes. 

"Don't touch me," you said, your voice unintentionally airy. "That hurt."

"Are you okay?" Cloud's voice was laced with concern, and he pulled you close to him. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you, I swear I tapped you softly."

Your breathing began to even out and you tried to relax. Your head still throbbed, but it hurt a lot less than before. "I'm fine. The pain's almost all gone."

"[Name]?" Surprisingly it was Vanitas' voice. "What happened? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine." You tried to smile, but that just made the throbbing increase. Nevertheless you kept the small smile plastered onto your face, wanting to keep him from worrying.

"Do we need to get Doctor Aerith?" It was Kairi who spoke up this time.

"No no no," you said. "I'm completely fine. I'm sure it's just because I hit my head on the wall earlier while I was dragging Rikks to the garden. Don't worry about it."

"… Alright." There was a bit of hesitancy in his voice, but he let it go. You heard his footsteps reside to the other side of the room, and Cloud tapped your shoulder, regaining your attention.

"And this next one is of Vanitas."

That piqued your interest. He and Leon were the only ones who hadn't given you a description of their physical attributes at the time of your first meeting, so you were curious as to what Van looked like.

You liked his voice, you really did. It was gruff and sarcastic, but it made your heart pound whenever you heard it. It wasn't too high-pitched like Sora's, or mature and quite eargasmic like Riku's, and that made you enjoy listening to it even more.

"Describe him well, please," you told Cloud. "He and Leon are the only ones I don't at least have a basic idea in my head about what they look like."

"Well, you know what Sora looks like, right?"

You shrugged. "I know what he looked like when he was twelve."

Cloud chuckled. "He really hasn't changed at all, so don't worry. The only difference is that his hair is turning lighter. Not as light as Rox and Ven's or mine, but um… what would be a good simile? It looks like the color of coffee with four creams."

You blinked. "Cloud, the last time I had my sight was when I was twelve. I don't know what coffee looks like; the only thing Luxord drank was beer."

"I'm sorry, [Name]." Cloud rubbed your shoulder. "But anyway, Vanitas is Sora's twin, so he looks almost exactly like him. The only differences are their heights and hair and eye color. Van has black hair and amber eyes that contrast Sora's blue ones."

"Ah, I see." You nodded. "So what's he doing in the picture?"

There was a short pause. "Nothing. He's not smiling, but not exactly scowling, either. It's kind of weird. It feels like he's staring into my soul."

You laughed. "It's not that bad, is it?"

"Trust me," you heard Leon say. "It is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"… Do you have to go?" You clung to Sora, taking in his warmth and breathing in his scent. It hadn't changed since you were little; he still smelled like hot chocolate with a hint of vanilla, and that brought a smile to your face.

He wrapped his arms around you- that's funny, you didn't remember him being so strong –and you heard him sigh. "We'll be back soon, [Name], I promise."

You exhaled deeply and released your hold on him. "Alright. I trust you."

"I guess we'll be taking our leave, then," you heard Vanitas say while he pat your head. "Bye bye, Overlord. Don't miss me too much."

You hugged him abruptly, catching him off guard. "Don't order me around," you mumbled into his shirt.

He slowly rubbed your back and your grip around his torso tightened. "Yes, Your Highness," he replied.

"Don't get into too much trouble, alright, Rox?" Cloud said. "I don't want mom to worry any more than she does now. And [Name], it was wonderful seeing you again. I hope everything goes well for you."

"I can only wish you the same," you said back to him, then added, "say hi to your mom for me. I know it's been quite some time since I last talked to her, and I miss her."

"Oh shit!" Sora exclaimed, and you heard a loud smack that you assumed was someone being slapped. "My mom baked cookies and butter mochi for you guys and we totally forgot to bring them!"

"The blame is on you," Vanitas snickered. "They were your responsibility."

"But Van," Sora whined. "I was too busy-"

"Busy my ass." It was Leon who spoke up this time. "You were in the car before any of us were, and we repeatedly asked you if you had anything. You dismissed us with a wave of your hand; you were too engrossed in that stupid Flappy Bird game."

"It's not stupid! I got to 27 when you just had to distract me!"

"My high score's a 59," Kairi snickered. "Sora, stop arguing with your brothers and just apologize."

"Alright…" Sora muttered in defeat. "I'm sorry. And I hope you all get well soon."

"It's all good," you reassured him. "And thank you. Please don't break your promise about visiting again soon."

~*~ Alistair's Dark Corner ~*~

I'm so sorry this took so long!! I was on break when I was writing the first few chapters, and was able to upload every two days or so, but now that I'm back in school, I barely have any free time.

Hopefully the next chapter won't take as long, but thank you so much for all the positive feedback!

Oh, and don't miss Cloud, Leon, Vanitas and Sora too much. They'll be back sooner than you expect it.

Vote/Comment/Follow/Eat some cookie butter :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 164 24
(Book 4) After a year of sleeping and getting her memories back, Hikari continues her journey with Sora, Donald and Goofy to search for Riku and King...
7.3K 300 35
Created by me, in my journal originally, but I'm changing a few things. One day, Aine, a college student, is left alone in the house and suddenly a s...
41.3K 1.4K 30
In your past home you were abused, depressed, anorexic, you self harmed... Everything was going to hell after your mother passed away. You didn't thi...
13.2K 362 43
A girl wakes up on a distant shore...with no memory of who she is or was before the moment she opens her eyes to the sky. The only thing is, in a uni...