The Rogue's Mate

By CeCeAnnT

Alpha's aren't all that. Trust me. More

The Rogue's Mate
Eyes Of A Killer.
Always.
Playing With Fire.
True Or False.
Actions Speak Louder Than Words.
Purgative.
Painting & Plotting.
Blackmail At It's Best.
Trouble On The Horizon.
Somebody I Used To Know.
Expect The Unexpected.
Ricochet.
Mind Over Matter.
The Devil In Disguise.
Wide Awake.
Dancing With Danger.
Portraying Innocence.
Kiss Me Slowly.
Speak.
She Will Be Loved.
If I Die Young.
Misery Loves Company.
Seven Nation Army.
The A Team.
Love & Be Loved.
Forgive & Forget.
The Truth.
In The End.
Rogues on the Run - The sequel is up!

Party Gone Wrong.

111K 2.5K 311
By CeCeAnnT

 This chapter is kinda be jumping Povs. Sorry for that. Enjoy.

                                I stand before the mirror, smoothing out my blouse and frowning when the girl before me mimics the gesture.

I hate it, I think miserably, I hate this stupid outfit.

I desperately try to tug the shirt down to cover my stomach, but it doesn't budge. Instead it bounces back to where It was before, showing off a uncomfortable amount of skin.

The jeans I have are no better. They're unbearably tight and I feel as if I sit down, they'll bust open. I figured at this stage when I put on the jeans, it couldn't get more worse.

I was wrong.

The shoes were four inch heels. The first time I walked in them and tested them out, I doubled over, landing on my face.

Anna wasn't the least bit concerned for my well being, instead she said, "Great, now how am I gonna be able to conceal that red mark on your face? And damn it, let me do your hair!"

I had agreed to let her dress me reluctantly. I regretted it now majorly as I examined myself.

"I can't wear this," I tell Anna, "I look like a slut."

She laughs from behind me and places her hands on my shoulders, "You look perfect." She argues, she smiles for a second before her eyes fall to my braid. "I can't believe you wouldn't let me do your hair."

"We've gone over this." I grumble and move away from her, I go to snatch up my leather jacket when Anna grabs it and takes it out of my reach.

"You are not wearing this hideous thing," She says. "You won't let me do your hair, fine, but I'm gonna control what you wear."

I glare at her and reach forward, snagging it quickly before she can wrench it back. "I already look horrible enough. I'm gonna wear my damn jacket whether you like it or not."

Anna begins to fuss how I never let her do anything, and I do my best to block at her. Which I succeed when my mind starts to wander to other subjects.

Liam is the main one.

I can't help but wonder where he's at right now. If he's thinking of me. Is that creepy to think that? Maybe.

But I can't help it. He just consumes every ounce of my thoughts. And the more I try to reject him, the worse it gets.

I hadn't been able to focus much on things since I talked to him yesterday. That same night I had dreams of him. That same look that played on his face when I told him I didn't want to talk to him plays over and over in my mind.

When I went to school Friday, he wasn't there.

Was it because of me that he didn't come? Was it because I told him I wanted nothing to do with him?

A small part of me was thankful that he had gone. So he wouldn't have to see me wrapped up in another dude's arms, but another part of me mourned not having him close. Not being able to at least look at him.

But then again, I'm not sure Id hold up quite as well as I did  if he gave me that same look he did yesterday.

And it wasn't only Liam I was worrying about.

It was Adam too. He hadn't spoken to me, sure, he went to school but he didn't even put on a show for everyone like he had been doing the whole week. He had ignored me. And honestly, I didn't care one bit that I had pissed him off.

Had I pissed him off? I had no clue. I didn't know about anything anymore these days.

Maybe he's just trying to digest what I said to him the other day, I think meekly. He was probably perplexed about what I said about him looking like his father.

I didn't even know where it came from that line. Maybe because it was so much on my conscious that I finally said it.

I didn't regret telling him the truth, I just wish I would have picked my words a little more carefully. I mean, what if he went crying to his daddy that I had stepped out of line?

I could just imagine Alpha Beckett giving him a sly smile, promising he'd take care of it. I'd probably see Liam in a coffin the next day, no doubt.

Then Anna would be next.

How could Alpha Beckett be so cruel? So cruel to have to force me into mating with his son. Why did he want me so bad to mate with Adam? I'm sure there were plenty of other girls who would have been a much better, and less complicated, choice.

I would think any girl in the pack would jump to be with Adam.

And I honestly didn't understand why. What was so amazing about Adam Beckett that I couldn't see, but everyone else could? Was it his looks? His personality? The power he will hold in the future?

I wasn't sure. But they were all clearly blind to worship him. He was just like his father, wasn't he?

Of course. He had to know that his father was going to black mail me before he did it. I remember the look he gave me before I walked into my house. He knew.

He knew and he hadn't tried to stop it. That just lead me to believe that Adam was no better then his father.

I use to think that was crazy. That they were never alike because the Adam I use to know, was the most kindest boy you could have ever met.

Maybe he was just confused on what to do, I think. And quickly ask myself why I'm trying to justify his reasoning. Maybe because I was still hoping the ghost of my old childhood friend was still there. That he was still the boy who picked flowers for me, the same boy who was loud and care free, the same boy who thought it was funny to throw water balloons at adults.

But he wasn't that child anymore. And I surely wasn't the girl I use to be. I'm different. We're different. And it sucked.

Then again, you can't stay a child forever. And clearly you can't stay friends forever.

Anna brought me out of my never ending thoughts a few minutes later, informing me Adam was outside waiting.

I was slightly shocked that he had shown up, but instead of voicing that, I followed her out the door and loaded into the car.

Adam and I didn't even bother looking at one another.

I looked at the window the whole time, wondering what the night had in store for me.

Clearly, it wasn't going to be good.

Liam's POV (A/N: The long awaited look into the mind of Liam. Dun dun dunn! Okay. I'm gonna shut up now. Enjoy. :P)

                              Standing in front of the booming and pulsing house, I question what the fuck I'm doing here. Why had I convinced myself to come to a party where a bunch of drunk and horny teenagers would be at? You could say parties weren't my scene. Mostly because I didn't want to stumble into a local pack of sort and start a riot. But there wasn't another pack here besides Ronnie. And well, now the Purgatory pack.

The Purgatory pack.

What happens if they were in this house right now? It's silly, I know, but I can't help but scan the whole front yard, wondering if they're gonna jump out at any fucking minute and come at me. It wouldn't be a shock, that's for sure.

Why would I care if they were here anyway? It's just the Purgatory pack. I had taken them down more then once. There was no reason to worry. But I was.

Not for me, but for Ronnie.

She had a bad run in with them, and I'm sure they were out for her blood. They were always up for holding grudges. And I knew the extent of it since I was one of the people they held a grudge against till this day.

I shake my head, almost as if to rid myself from the tantalizing thoughts. Instead, I let my mind wonder to Ronnie.

She hasn't arrived here yet. And I haven't seen her since Thursday. When she had told me she wanted nothing to do with me or such.

Honestly, I did not believe any of it.  We both knew she didn't have the strength to push me away.

Maybe she was just trying to scare me off. I wasn't sure. But whatever it was, it had to with Adam. And his pack.

I had heard all of how they wanted Ronnie to mate with him. I hadn't meant to, but when I went to go see her, I stumbled across them talking and stayed a little longer then I should have to listen.

It was Adam and his father that were talking quietly. Adam was saying how Ronnie was being reluctant to it all. His father told him he would take care of it.

And I figured he had, since Ronnie was more then ever determined to make me back off. But it's not like I am.

I meant what I said when I told her I was going to claim what was rightfully mine, which was Ronnie. Adam Beckett certainly wasn't going to have her, I wouldn't allow it.

I'd stop it all before he had the chance to mate her. He wasn't even hers to have, anyway. She was mine. My mate.

Adam just clearly needed to get that through his head. But maybe after I beat some sense into him, he'd understand to back the fuck off.

If he didn't.. well, I had killed. I could surely kill him off just as easily with no regret. I was already a wanted man. It's not like I had nothing to lose.

Well, maybe Ronnie. It was her pack. I'm sure if I actually killed Adam they'd come after to her. Kill her.

The thought makes me chest tighten in pain. It was weird how I now had to think about savoring someone's life then my own.

I couldn't be selfish anymore.

I had to think about her. How my actions effected her well being. But It's not like anyway knew we were mates. Only Adam, his father, and Ronnie herself knew we were mates.

The whole universe would know if I decided to kill Adam, though. And the thought isn't that repulsive as I'd like it to be.

I wasn't ashamed Ronnie was my mate, no, it was about her safety. Ronnie was frail, though she would never admit it, she would never be to protect herself. They'd kill her easily.

That's why I had to protect her. In more ways then one. It was time to stop playing stupid and think over my options. My actions.

If something happened to her, I don't know what the hell I'd do... That's a lie. I'd know what I'd do exactly. Kill every person who had hurt her. Pick them off one by one and enjoy doing it.

Maybe even laugh when they begged me for mercy. Was it sick that I thought of that? Perhaps. But I wouldn't have to kill anyone. Because I'd keep Ronnie perfectly safe and sound.

No one would ever hurt her.

A guy bumps into me, making me snap back into reality. "Watch where you're standing, asshole." He spat, he attempts to shove me but fails. I don't even jolt.

The kid cowers once he realizes I'm a lot taller. And I'm packing a lot more muscle then him. I give him a intense glare. He doesn't even give me time to say something back. He scampers into the house, glancing over his shoulder, as if thinking I would be chasing him.

I wait till he disappears from my vision before I start up the steps of the house. People stumble in front of me, chucking up whatever they previously had in their stomach.

I frown when I enter the house and I'm greeted by the stench of alcohol and sex.

I can only guess why when I glance to the dance floor and see a mass of people grinding, kissing, and swallowing down loads of vodka.

One girl even makes a attempt to drag me out into the chaos, but I shake her off and make my way into the kitchen.

I don't bother touching any drinks of sorts. I'm afraid I'll get roofied if I did.

For a while, I hang around. People come over and try to converse with me, but I usually just shrug them off. I wasn't here to chat and get drunk. I was here for one reason, and that was Ronnie. But after thirty minutes of waiting, I question going home.

Why would Ronnie even come to a place like this? She didn't exactly fool me for the kind of girl that loved to come out and go to parties.

I'm not even sure if Ronnie's ever even picked up a drink. I doubt it.

But since she's apparently "dating" Adam, he'd force her to come. And maybe even her human friend Anna, would force her to come to the party.

I lean against the door frame that gives me a direct view to the door way, for a while I watch kids come in and out, before I start to really contemplate leaving.

I could always see Ronnie at school, and for the project.

I collect myself and I'm ready to go when I catch a familiar scent. I know immediatly who it is when a shiver ripples up my skin.

My eyes drift throught the sea of kids till I come to the door and see Adam, standing right in front of Ronnie.

He seems to do the same thing as me. He scans the room till his eyes land on me. His face turns hard then and I give him the same look right back.

He turns around and whispers something along the lines of, "Avoid Liam tonight, Ronnie."

Avoid me? How could she avoid me when I was her mate?

I clench my fits involuntarily at my side. I restrain myself from going over there and yanking her away from him, and I probably would if it weren't for all the human teenagers around here.

Surely I'd cause a massive fight if I did do that.

I watch as Adam steps out from in front of her, finally. I'm almost happy and over joyed to see her, but when I see what she's wearing, I only frown.

I mean, what the hell was she doing wearing that barely fitting top? And those jeans? And those.. heels? When had Ronnie ever worn heels?

I clenched my fists harder, feeling my nails dig into my skin and draw blood. Was Adam making her change? Was he making her become a different person she surely wasn't?

Maybe I was jumping the gun, but I couldn't help but assume the worse. She even seemed uncomfortable in her own skin.

She twiddled her usual braid, (The only thing that seemed like her tonight) and looked around. She looked so innocent and out of place, I almost wanted to grab her and take her out of this place.

She seemed to notice me since she glanced at me and her lips parted, in surprise? I wasn't sure. But I had the biggest urge to press my lips right to her smooth and soft ones.

I remembered the almost kiss that happened not too long ago. I got goosebumps from just remembering how her fingers felt running over my skin.

Especially over my scar.

I reach up and run my own fingers over it, rubbing it. She seems to notice I'm thinking of the day we almost kissed while working on the back drops, since her cheeks turn red and her blue eyes widen.

I smirk at her and she quickly averts her eyes to her friend, Anna.

Anna eagerly tugs on Ronnie's hand and whispers, "Look! It's Liam!"

"I can see that," Ronnie replies, her voice low and cold. Ronnie tugs her hand from her grasp and goes to dash away when of course, Adam just has to stop her.

"Where are you going?" He asks, and before Ronnie can say anything, he quickly shakes his head. "It doesn't matter. Let's go dance, okay?"

He doesn't even give her a choice. Instead he tugs her into the crowd of people and guides her in front of him.

Ronnie seems like a fish out of water as she scans the crowd of people, trying to mimic their motion. But she fails quickly. Adam doesn't really seem to care. All he does is pull her unbelievably closer and stare at me the whole time, just saying, she's mine now.

Like hell she was.

Before I register what I'm doing, I'm making my way through the sea of people and grabbing Ronnie, pulling her to my front while I glower at Adam.

Ronnie stares at me in horror, "What are you doing?" She asks hoarsely.

"Getting you away from this jackass." I mutter lowly to her and grip he hand in mine, tugging her away from Adam. He calls after her but Ronnie doesn't make any attempt to pull away from me and go back to him.

She lets me guide her out of chaotic crowd and out of the house.

But I don't even stop when we're out of sight. I pull her away further away from the booming house and hand her my leather jacket along the way when a guy whistles at her.

Ronnie has to convince me to calm down because I was incredibly tempted to go after that fucking guy and pound his face in for looking at my girl.

I was so damn tired of guys going after her. That's why I intended to get the memo out that Ronnie wasn't for anyone's touching but my own.

And I also intended to get to the bottom of why Ronnie was with Adam. She obviously didn't like him with the looks she was giving him the other day.

I stop once we reach a empty park and I command her to take a seat. She obeys reluctantly and collapses onto the bench, tugging my jacket closer to her.

I don't bother with chit chat. I get straight to the point and say, "What are you doing with him?"

She doesn't need to question me to know who I'm talking about. "I'm his girlfriend. That's why I'm with him."

"Don't say that," I growl out unintentionally. I can't bare thinking about Ronnie with Adam. And being his.. girlfriend.

She scuffs, "Don't say what? The truth?"

"But that's not the truth," I argue. "You don't even like him. I can see that everytime you look at him."

"I don't need to justify myself to you. Or really justify why I'm with someone." She says and crosses her arms over her chest definitely.

"Yes you do," I say, "I'm your mate. The only person you should be with is me." I hate to make myself out to be a possessive ass, but I couldn't help it. It'd only been two weeks and I was tired of seeing Adam and other guys hanging around her.

She doesn't reply. All she does is stare at the ground, probably unsure of how to reply to that. I fall down next to her and groan, running a hand through my hair. "What is going on? What's happening? Are they forcing you to date him? Did they do something to you? Tell me." My words come out in a slur, and I don't mean for them to, but I just want to get to the bottom of this shit and find out what the fuck is going on.

"No," Her voice is hoarse and dry. "They didn't. I'm dating him because I like him. Why can't you just accept that?"

For a minute, I believe her before I glance at her and as corny as this is gonna sound, but when I looked into her eyes I knew it was a bluff. Ronnie did not like Adam. We were bound to one another, it was impossible to have stronger feelings for someone that wasn't your mate. "I don't believe that for a minute. I know when you're lying."

She stands and glares at me. "I don't need to sit here and listen to this bull.  This was a stupid idea anyway," She mutters the last part to herself, "Why the hell would I even go to a party?"

"Because that douche Adam made you come?" I prompt. Ronnie sighs and begins to walk in the opposite direction of the house.

I fall behind her, though she tells me many times to get lost.

We go the long way into the woods and Ronnie even attempts to out run me many times, but fails when she realizes I'm not easy to shake off. I catch her everytime.

It's when we're only feet away from her house that she whirls around, "Get lost, Liam!"

"I will if you tell me why you're with Adam. The real reason."

Ronnie huffs and widly flails her arms around, "Because I don't like you! Because I don't want you! Did you ever think of that or are are you so big headed that you don't realize that not every girl wants you?"

It's my turn to go silent and stare at her. I'm actually kinda shell shocked. Ronnie's says some rude things, but this seems to hit home the most when an unfamiliar pain attacks my heart.

And here I thought I didn't have a heart.

"That's what I thought," She hisses cruelly. "Now I'm leaving. And don't follow me, idiot."

And with that, she stomps off. Leaving me bewildered.

Ronnie's POV.

I feel guilty. Incredibly freaking guilty.

It's been an hour since I told Liam off and stormed home. Anna had made many failed attempts to call me, even Adam, but I never answered. And I didn't want to.

This night had been horrible. All it consisted of was fighting. Even on the ride over to the party it was non stop arguing. Mostly with Anna.

She demanded to know why I wasn't happy and all that stuff.

I never answered her.

I just wanted to be left alone in peace. I wanted people to stop questioning my actions. Mostly, I wanted people to stop trying to control my life.

Though I felt guilt I told Liam off, It needed to be done to trail him off. Though something unsettling nestled itself into the bottom of my stomach. I knew nothing good could come out of it and I knew Liam was more furious then ever. And I didn't know who with. Me or Adam.

Probably Adam.

And another thing I knew was that Liam wasn't going to lay off because of my words. No way. He was too much of persistent basterd to give up.

Plus, the way he acted tonight was.. a whole new side to him. I wasn't sure if I liked his possessive side or hated it.

One thing I was sure I hated was Alpha Beckett.

I fell asleep that night just thinking over my harsh words before. Faintly I could hear his soft mummers through our connection telling me he was going to win me over.

Somehow and someway.

-------------------

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I hope you liked it. And liked the fact you got to see a little bit into the mind of the mysterious Liam Farley.

I really didn't want to give too much away with him. Because I'm saving his real past to be revealed later on.

And I hate to ask, but could I maybe get 100 votes and perhaps 40 comments? Is that a lot to ask? I dunno, lol.

Anywho, make sure to comment, vote, and fan.

Until next time.

- CeCe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

854K 27.1K 34
Whisper Rayne is not a happy camper and neither is her wolf. She has to move to California with her family because they want her to have new opportun...
9K 242 32
The names Veronica. I am a newly eighteen year since I just turned eighteen. I accidentally crossed my packs border into moonstruck pack. I mean, I d...
97K 2.8K 38
Jared is a successful Alpha that is also the town's police chief. He not only keeps his pack safe but he also likes to protect the humans in his terr...
42.9K 926 31
Not your average girl*wink* Not you average boy *wink wink* Note-if u have problems comment I'm sure we can fix them