Lights (2013)

By twinkleharryy

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY READ THE REVISED VERSION OF THIS BOOK! Blair Price struggles with a lo... More

You asked for it!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
62
63
61
Epilogue
New Story Announcement
Big Announcement! And Tess is back!

45

117K 3.3K 926
By twinkleharryy

I direct Harry to Dr. Stone's office (which is conveniently located across town--note the sarcasm) and we arrive barely on time.
I tug Harry into the waiting room, smiling at Sally. "We're back," I say to her.

"Great! I'll intercom Dr. Stone. He should be out shortly." She smiles at me. "Blair," she says as we turn around to sit down. "You look really lovely today."

I blush. "Thanks, Sally."

She winks at me and Harry and I take our seats in the waiting room. Harry bounces his leg up and down with impatience. I put my hand on his thigh. "Calm down," I say. "You're fine."

He sighs. "This therapy shit really stresses me out," he says.

"I know, it stressed me out too."

He looks at me. "Really?"

I nod. "Oh, yeah. My father used to have to drag me here."

He smiles. "That actually makes me feel a little bit better."

I laugh a bit. "Why?"

He shrugs. "Nothing seems to stress you out."

"Except for you," I say and he laughs, leaning over and kissing my temple gently.

Dr. Stone soon emerges from his office, a smile spreading across his face when he sees us. "Well, if it isn't the dynamic duo."
I laugh lightly. If he only knew just how dynamically we fight.

"Nice to see you, Dr. Stone," I say.

"You too, Blair." He turns to Harry. "You now have the opportunity to have Blair sit in on the session. Is that something you would want?"

Harry looks at me. "No," he says, surprising us both.

"Alright," Dr. Stone says, clapping his hands together. "Let's get started, then."

I sit back down in my seat. Last time, Harry had practically begged Dr. Stone to let me sit in on the session. Now he doesn't want me to? I shake off the thought and focus on my new phone.
I decide to call Liam to pass the time.

"Hi, Blair," he says when he answers. "How are you?"

"I'm great," I say. "You?"

"At work."

"Yikes. Are the kids still there?"

"Unfortunately. They fly out at the end of the month."

"Is Shawn making you watch them?"

"Yep."

"It's weird how he has us watch them...they're teenagers, you know?"

"I was thinking exactly the same thing. When I was their age, my parents didn't hire babysitters for me."

"Exactly!" Liam and I share a laugh.

"So, what are you up to?" Liam asks.

Should I tell him? "Not much...just...at home." Harry would surely murder me if I told anyone about his insomnia.

"Lucky you."

I laugh. "I guess so."

"Well, I'd better go. No talking on the job, remember?"

I laugh lightly. "How could I forget. Talk to you soon, Liam."

"Shit!"

I snap my head up to where Sally is. She looks utterly frazzled, her head in her hands. I get up from my seat and walk over to her desk.

"Everything alright?" I ask her.

"I just got a call from my son's school," she says. "Apparently, he put a tack on the teacher's chair."

"Wow, that's horrible," I say.

"I know," she says. "I don't get off until six, and my babysitter just bagged on me. I just don't know what to do!" She throws her hands in the air. "The principle is telling me I have to come in to the school to talk with him, but he doesn't seem to understand that I'm a
working woman!"

I wonder what it's like to be so busy all the time like Sally is. "I wish I could help you," I say to her.

Sally smiles at me. "You're such a sweet girl, Blair," she says, patting my hand. "Thanks for caring."

I laugh. "No problem. Is there anything I can do?"

"Got any aspirin?"

We both laugh. "I wish," I say. "Sometimes Harry gives me headaches."

Sally cocks her head at me. "You two seem really good together," she muses.

I shrug. "We drive each other insane," I tell her. "We fight constantly."

"About what?"

"The absolute dumbest things in the world."

Sally purses her lips. "That's not entirely a bad thing," she says.

"How?"

She shrugs. "As long as you always work things out in the end."

I nod. "I guess." I sigh and look at the clock. It's three forty.

"Time passes really slowly here," I say.

Sally snorts. "Oh, honey, how do you think I feel?"

I laugh lightly. "I can't imagine."

Sally and I continue to chat until I catch sight of Harry's chocolate curls emerging from Dr. Stone's office. I turn and smile.

"How did it go?" I ask them.

Dr. Stone exhales. "Alright," he says. "Blair, a word, if you don't mind."

Harry avoids my gaze.

I nod and follow Dr. Stone to his office, the door shutting abruptly behind me.

"Is...is everything okay?" I ask him.

"Harry is proving to be resistant," Dr. Stone sighs. "Now, I know I can be a little forward at times with the questions I ask, and my work doesn't please everybody. But he entered here with a completely closed mind. Even worse than the first time, if I do say."

I fold my hands in my lap. "Resistant?"

"It's as if he has something to hide," Dr. Stone says. "And he doesn't want a soul finding out."

"What do you mean?"

"All the typical signs are there. This isn't about insomnia anymore, I'm afraid. Harry seems to--in a short week--evolved into a world
class liar."

"Over what?"

"I can't quite tell," he says. "He won't let me into his mind. I've just been able to skim the surface."

"Do you think this is a problem?" I ask.

Dr. Stone tilts his head a bit, contemplating. "No," he says finally. "Not yet. But listen to what he says from now on; listen carefully. He's guilty about something, I don't know what."

I swallow hard. "This is a little unsettling," I say honestly.

"Of course it is, I imagine so," Dr. Stone says. "Blair, if I were you, I wouldn't worry too much. I've given him some tips on how to clear his mind before he sleeps, beginning steps to the end of his insomniac ways. If those don't help, I'll prescribe some medication."
Dr. Stone stands. "His behavior is peculiar, no doubt. But don't worry. Just keep your eyes open."
I nod and shake his hand.

"Thank you," I say. "You've given me a lot to think about."

I silently drive Harry's car back to his place. I see my own car parked out front. Harry hasn't tried to talk to me at all. I can't get over Dr. Stone's words.

It's as if he has something to hide. And he doesn't want a soul finding out.

I glance at Harry. He looks out the window calmly.

We get out of the car and I walk him inside. I open the fridge and pull out an empty milk carton, pursing my lips at Harry.

"Sorry." He shrugs.

I recycle the carton and walk over to Harry. "Are you alright?" I ask him softly.

His head snaps up. "Why?"

I lace my arms around his neck gently. "I'm just wondering," I say. "In general."

He sighs. "I'm fine," he mumbles, his large hands gliding around my waist.

"How...how did the session go?" I ask. "Really?"

He looks away. "I'm really starting to hate this son of a bitch doctor."

I giggle. "You're supposed to," I say. "I hated him for a long time, too. I thought, 'who the fuck is this guy and why do I have to speak to him about my mother?'"

Harry cracks a smile.

"Harry, I want you to know that you can tell me anything," I say to him. "I'm always here to listen."

Harry smiles for real now, his dimples showing. He wraps his arms around me tighter and kisses my forehead. "I love you," he whispers to me.

I nod and nuzzle into his chest, inhaling his smell.

"Will you stay the night?" He asks quietly.

I shake my head.

"Why?"

"I'm just not up for it," I say.

"You're already here," he says. "You can borrow my clothes, you have a toothbrush--"

"Didn't Dr. Stone tell you what to do before bed to relax you so you'd sleep?"

He looks away. "Yeah, but..."

"But?"

"I still like waking up next to you," he mumbles, blushing.

I can't help it. I smile, kissing his lips. "I like waking up next to you, too."

"So you'll stay?" He asks hopefully. When I look up at him, I see the old Harry. The one that would beg me to stay up until one in the
morning watching scary movies. The one that would dare me to walk barefoot for an entire day and would end up lending me his shoes at the end of the day. The Harry I feel in love with.

I beam up at him. "Alright," I cave. Harry smiles widely, taking my hand and tugging me upstairs. I laugh at how eager he is.
I suddenly feel like we're kids again, without a care in the world. I smile as Harry throws me pajamas and pulls me into bed, his strong arms wrapping around me.

"Have you started Hush, Hush?" I ask him once we turn the lights out.

He shakes his head. "Not yet. I'm working on Matched at the moment." He smirks. "Cassia seems like a bit of a bitch."

My jaw drops. "Cassia is so relatable," I say. "She's an incredibly well written character."

"Yeah, but she's with that square Xander. What could she possibly see in him? He's a fucking bore."

I laugh. "They were best friends their whole lives," I say quietly.

Harry's eyes dilate. "They live in a fucking perfect society. How could you live like that?"

"That's the catch."

He looks at me. "The catch."

"You'll get there," I tell him. We stare at each other for a few moments. "I love it when we talk like this," I say quietly.

"Like what?"

"About books...how you are actually enjoying the selections I've made for you." I smirk.

Harry flushes. "I am not enjoying them."

"The way you curse about them makes you seem pretty into them--"

"I curse about everything," Harry points out, smirking.

"I can't argue with that," I say, rolling my eyes.

Harry wraps his arms tighter around me.

I nuzzle into his chest and sigh.

Harry runs his fingers over the exposed skin on my arm, making goosebumps rise. I shiver and he smirks.

"We should go up and see my mother," he says. "She doesn't know about us yet."

"Really?" I ask. "She doesn't know we're..."

He shakes his head. "I was thinking maybe the same time we drive up to the uni for your orientation next week we could pay mum, Robin and Gemma a visit."

I look at him. "We drive to the uni?"

"Yeah...I figured I'd accompany you...unless you don't want me to."

I shake my head furiously. "No, no," I say. "I'm just a little surprised."

He grins. "Why?"

I shrug. "I don't know. I thought you were against education of any form."

Harry laughs. "I guess the downside is being stuck in a car with you for three hours."

I groan. "Stuck with me? I'm stuck with you and your potty mouth."

Harry grins and kisses my cheek. "Yes you fucking are, motherf--"

"Save it, save it!" I laugh, putting my hand over his mouth, then quickly pulling it away, remembering how he slobbered on my hand last time.

Harry's eyes shine as he kisses me sweetly, pulling me so our bodies touch and our legs intertwine. "I love you," he says against my lips.
"I love you, too," I reply. "Now go to sleep. I know you need it."

He sighs and turns me over so that his front is to my back. He brushes my hair out of my face and over my shoulder, planting a kiss on the newly exposed skin.

I exhale in a deep breath and shut my eyes.

author's note:

alright so we've been very busy with school as of late. we will try to update more frequently! we love you all and thank you for reading

-lauren and tess

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 3.4K 37
Elle Parks. At a young age, she experienced a car accident, losing your parents ain't that easy. She was put on the orphanage, waiting everyday for j...
230K 5.7K 48
Best friends since they were kids, Ella is devastated when Harry leaves. Despite their promises of keeping in touch she never hears from him again. B...
20.1K 879 39
What if seeing each other again changed everything? -Sequel to Broken-
234K 8.1K 40
Harry Styles is broken, but his strength never ceases. He's been through hell the past three months and everything is going to change once he sees hi...