Broken Pieces

By Discov3r

Seth Woods is your typical 18 year old trying to make his Senior year of high school count. Seth is moody, po... More

Broken Pieces
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Authors note
Chapter 31
Epilogue

Chapter 28

31.6K 1.1K 70
By Discov3r

After talking to Lacey for some time about the whole dilemma last night, everything turned back to normal. I just have to remind Keith that next time we go out drinking he needs to bring me to his place, not mine. I do not need a repeat of last night. Last night does not need to happen again, that was a bad mistake and a mistake I am not making twice. 

“So how are you and Lacey?” Shay asks as I walk up to Keith, Ryan, and Emilee. Lacey had stayed at home today with Lily because Lily isn’t feeling good. Lacey told me she wouldn’t feel comfortable yet leaving just Lily with my mom so my mom agreed to let Lacey stay home today. I wasn’t comfortable leaving Lacey home alone with my mom and Lily, but that’s what Lacey was comfortable with so I had to deal with it.

“We’re good, everything’s good. You and Keith?” I ask Shay. Shay nods. “We’re good, had a little bump in the road but we’re back to the normal us.” Shay explains.

“That’s good, give me the word and I’ll kick his ass.” I say with a smirk and Shay laughs. 

“Okay, sounds good to me.” 

The bell rings for first period and everyone starts to leave the yard and head into the building, including me. After skipping school for a couple days it actually feels good to be back at school. 

I get home and slam the front door shut, letting everyone know that Emilee and I were now home. Emilee stomps up the stairs and I hear her bedroom door slam shut, I roll my eyes. Ryan and Emilee were fighting in the car on our way home, yelling at each other about how Ryan never takes her out on dates. It was stupid if you ask me.

I turn to face Ryan who was standing beside me, staring where Emilee once stood. "Talk to her and take her out on a date tonight." I mumble then shuffle up the stairs to find Lacey and Lily in the kitchen. I smile when Lacey sets her eyes on me, "How you feeling?" I ask Lily when I take the seat next to her.

Lily shrugs. "Lacey's making me some soup." I chuckle at Lily who looks like she's ready to pass out.

"Seth?" Lacey wonders and I look over at her, waiting for her to continue. "I was thinking about visiting my dad tomorrow." I nod. "Yeah, I'll call tonight to set an appointment. You have therapy though, so how about I make the appointment to see your dad after therapy?" I request. Lacey's small smile suddenly vanishes and her face pales. I stand up and walk over to Lacey, embracing her in my open arms.

I knew she didn't therapy, why is the million dollar question. Therapy is supposed to be helping her, right? So why was she so reluctant to go? Even just the word therapy brings her down and she shuts everyone out, going into her own little place.

"Lacey." I whisper when I press my forehead against her warm neck. "I'm always up for me going in with you, if you want that."

Lacey leans her cheek against my cheek and wraps her arms around my torso. "I don't want to go Seth." She begs. "Please don't make me go."

I wanted to tell Lacey that everything was going to be okay and that she's going to get better with the help she needs but I couldn't. I couldn't say anything, I couldn't move, I couldn't do anything. There was nothing I could do no matter how many times I tried to reassure Lacey, she wouldn't listen. There was no point, she didn't want to go and that was it but she is still going to go, she needs support. More support then she already has.

Before I could open my mouth and say something to Lacey, something drops and makes a crashing noise. Lacey stiffens in my brace and I stand up straight, seeing Lily staring at me with wide eyes. Her already pale face was now even paler; her small body was frozen in place. She didn't move, not even a blink as we stared at each other. Lacey was the first person to move. Lacey stepped out of my reach and ran over to Lily, protecting her. My stomach sank when Lacey said the words I never wanted to hear, "I'll take the beating."

Everything seemed to be spinning and all I could concentrate on was my heartbeat that seemed to be beating out of control. My stomach was uneasy and my hands were shaking. Did I hear Lacey right? Am I hearing things?

What the hell was going on?

"Oops, did something spill?" My eyes dart to my Mom who was staring at the floor. Her smile fades when she looks up and meets my eyes, then looks at Lily and Lacey. None of us moved or said anything as we just stared at each other. It was silent, not a single sound was heard.

My Mom was staring at the two sisters who looked defeated; I was staring at my Mom who kept moving her eyebrows up and down. Something she did when she didn't want to cry, she figured out what had happened. While my Mom was putting all the pieces together, I was trying hard not to fall apart when Lacey's words kept repeating in my head. I'll take the beating, is that what Lacey said to her Mom?

Did Lacey always take Lily's beating? Did Lacey get double the hits? Everything still seemed to be spinning and I felt uneasy. This wasn't okay none of this was okay.

I could never in a million years lay a finger on Lily or Lacey and to have her say those words hurt then anything. It hurt because I know Lacey thought I would hurt them both I would beat them both. All because of a mistake, a mistake that everyone has made. Did Lacey actually think I would hurt them? Did she think I would beat them?

My legs suddenly felt heavy as I fell to the floor, my legs giving out. My knees land on the floor with a loud thud and I can only stare at the counter top with a racing heart. There were tears in my eyes that I had to blink away; it was my turn to be the strong one. I had to take the role now; I needed to be the strong one but could I?

Taking a deep breath, I stood up and faced my Mom. "Mom want to take Lily upstairs? Bring her up to your room and put some cartoons on, I'll bring her soup up after I clean up." I somehow found my voice and it came out calmer than expected but I was glad. My Mom nodded and then walked over to Lily, taking her in her arms and the two disappeared upstairs. I turn around and grab a couple paper towels then walk over to the spilled cup of milk on the floor. Lacey doesn't move so I pick her up and place her on the island. I bend down and start picking up the glass and milk.

Lacey stayed quiet while I cleaned everything up, I would glance up at her every once in awhile and she just stared down at me with a blank expression on her face. I wish I could read her mind to just know what she was thinking.

But that was impossible, just like Lacey sometimes.

After dinner I walk into my room, Lacey following close behind me.

"I called, we can go anytime after 3," I say to Lacey as I drop on my bed, staring at the black screen of my TV. I feel the bed dip and Lacey wraps her hand around mine.

"Seth, I'm sorry about earlier today," Lacey, whispers, I just continue to stare at nothing.

"It's fine, Lacey. Let's just... Let's just not talk about it, okay?" I murmur.

Lacey twines our fingers together and she sighs, I feel her breath on my shoulder and she kisses my neck. Her fingers untwine from mine and she gets off my bed. I watch as her figure disappears into my bathroom, I hear my medicine cabinet open and I stand up, walking to my bathroom. I lean against the door frame and stuff my hands in my jean pockets while I watch Lacey take her medication.

"Seth, you know I hate when you watch me taking my medicine," Lacey comments as she quickly glances at me then takes a drink of her water. "Seth, stop." I ignore Lacey's protests as I continue to lean against the door frame and study her.

Since she's been living with us, she's started to look more alive. The bags under her eyes have disappeared, the gashes on her face have healed and leave only small scars, she's not the same pale color and her brown locks have gotten longer and fuller. She looks even more beautiful then before.

"Seth?" I blink and give my attention to Lacey who was walking over to me. "You sometimes talk in your sleep." Lacey suddenly says and I let out a laugh. Lacey smiles and laughs herself, "I'm serious though!" She defends, I roll my eyes and bend down a little and grab Lacey's legs, bringing her over my shoulder. I walk over to my bed and drop her, she giggles when she lands on my bed. "You say the weirdest things too." Lacey continues. I roll my eyes but crack a smile; I jump on my bed, and roll over taking Lacey with me. I wrap my arms around her waist and press my forehead against hers. My jaw clenches when we stare at each other in silence. My eyes flicker from her stormy eyes to her plump lips.

"I love you Lacey Hartford Mitchell," I whisper all of a sudden.

Lacey grins and closes her eyes. "Say it again."

"I love you Lacey Hartford Mitchell," I repeat.

"Seth?" I nod, "One more time."

"I love you Lacey Hartford Mitchell."

Lacey flickers her eyes open and shows me her real smile. "I love you too Seth Jace Woods," She mutters.

Without warning I lean closer to Lacey and hover my lips over hers. Lacey's eyes close and I press my lips against hers. Lacey moves her lip, which surprises me, and I move myself so I'm hovering over her. I rest my elbows beside her and continue to deepen the kiss. I tickle Lacey's side and she giggles into my mouth, I take the opportunity to slip my tongue into her mouth. Lacey gasps but allows my tongue to explore her mouth.

Lacey surprises me by wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling me closer to her. My heart was beating fast, the kiss and her hands seemed to occupy my thoughts forever, and all I could control was my breathing. I had to keep reminding myself to breathe and keep breathing but when I breathed in the scent of vanilla, I was lost.

I had kissed many girls in my past, but none of those kisses compared to this one. Maybe because I was in love with this girl or maybe because she has me whipped, but whatever it was. I was addicted and needed more.

I needed more of her.

My lips reluctantly left Lacey's as I trailed my lips down her jaw and down to her neck. The room suddenly felt ten degrees hotter and the room felt too small. My head was spinning and my body was aching. We'd never gone this far, not in the 2 months we've been dating. Sure we had a couple pecks here and there but that was nothing compared to this. I didn't want this moment to disappear.

But, of course every good moment had to end.

A knock on my door made me roll off Lacey, sitting up and against my headboard.

"Seth? Mom's taking Lily to the store with her. The two of them are getting medicine for her and more soup. I'm leaving with Ryan and Dad will be home soon." Emilee yells from the other side of the door.

I try to calm my voice. "O-Okay," I stutter and mentally slap myself.

"Bye!" Emilee hollers and I hear the steps creak. I sigh and close my eyes, a smile spreading across my face. 

"Warn a girl next time, sheesh." Lacey mumbles next to me and I can't help but laugh. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 3.8K 11
UNDER CONSTRUCTION! ๐“๐–๐ˆ๐‹๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“ Undead thoughts don't exist but she wasn't quite undead. ๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ž๐ง๐ž ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐‡๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐‘๐ž๐ž๐ ๐’...
Fight Me By Bri

Teen Fiction

3.5M 114K 43
Jessica Westlake is unknown, while Black Lightning is a famous underground street fighter. What most don't know is that they are the same person. Af...
25.8K 815 32
COMPLETEโœ”๏ธ "I'm wondering how many years you still have to be here. You've already been here quite a while Gather. Such a shame for a pretty girl lik...
26.1K 697 36
Erika Heart always thought that she was going to save herself and wait to find love until she wasn't in school. But could that all change when she me...