(Shadamy) Ebony Rose

By WannabeEmPad

Amy has been in love with certain blue hedgehog since she was 12, and when he finally grows the courage to te... More

Should've seen it
Re-thinking
Wasted
Home Starbucks
Start of Change
Back Again
Not a date
Ooze the walls
Something to Say
Just happened
It was an inconvenience
Beach
Rain
Capture the Flag
Something New
Ark
Revealed
Sacrifice
Encore
(Update)
Warm Greeting
How Cruel
Commemoration Ball (Part 1)

Unexpected behavior on a peculiar day

2.6K 72 13
By WannabeEmPad

A/N: I swear I still write this ':D. I just have been swamped with the end of year exams and now IT'S SUMMER soooo~ I'm gonna try and post more :D (i reread my story bc it's been that long since i've written and i forgot some stuff, rip my life, and i just wanna say lmao sorry )

3rd POV

Amy's been in love with Sonic for most of her life, if she's being honest. She never cared if he ran away, or declined all her offers, just his presence made her day. What she didn't realize until last night, was that she had finally, after so long, gotten over Sonic. It was a shock to her. How can such a burden disappear so suddenly? But she got thinking. Amy didn't just stop having feelings for Sonic immediately after the bash, but rather it'd been a gradual effect over the past few months. 

Talking to Rouge over the phone may have not been Amy's best choice this morning, but she needed to tell.

"I told you!" Rouge sings across the line. "What happened after you kissed him? Why did you even kiss him? Where is Shadow how? What are you going to do-"

"Jesus Christ! Rouge, slow down." Amy laughs. She rubs her temple and continues. "He was just surprised. His face was shocked, but then he went back to normal and chaos controlled back to his house. I don't know why I kissed Shadow, but I think it was more of a 'thank you' than a 'i like you' sort of gesture."

"Amy-"

"I've already told you everything! Plus, it wasn't a big deal, it was small." She interrupts Rouge, smiling when she hears a huff through the phone.

"Alright. But answer this: will it be weird?" 

Was it going to be weird, Amy thinks. Slightly panicking, she rests a hand on her lips. If she made it weird between them, their trio was going to split or just be awkward. Did she just potentially ruin their friendship? Kisses weren't that big of a deal... right?

"I... Oh my god, what if i made it weird?" Amy chokes.

"Now now, Shadow's a pretty chill hedgehog, i'm pretty sure he wouldn't let it get weird." Rouge reassures. Taking a moment to collect her thoughts, Amy fills the silence.

"You're right."

"As always."

Amy snickers, "Are we heading out today? Maybe stop by that one ice cream place again? I'd kill for some strawberries right now."  She really had been craving strawberries, but Amy wanted to drop the subject. If she thought about it too much, she'd overthink it and most probably panic.

Rouge's voice echoes out of the phone in Amy's hand, a human's phone, but it's efficient. The Mobians and Humans over the years have adapted to one another, since their worlds couldn't seem to part (They've tried going back to Mobius, but certain events led to a shared world between the two species; Mobius is still accessible). The bat coos, "Please! I've been stuck in GUN headquarters for about five hours, doing absolutely nothing, while miss-priss of an agent discusses political issues with the President. I have no use being here."

"That sucks," Amy says. She almost asks where Shadow was, but bites her tongue. "So you coming here or are we meeting at the Ice cream place?"

"You can go on ahead, honey. I have about five minutes until I'm excused." Rouge grunts, and Amy can visualize her rubbing her hands against her temples in boredom. 

Getting ready to head out, Amy grabs her necessities and walks out the door. The irony of the situation weighed on her shoulders, and Amy smiles; it was not a fond smile. She wore her classic red dress that day, a feeling of the moment, and each step on the pavement leading into the city reminded her of her past. The years she was young and wore the dress often. The years her, Sonic, Tails, Cream, and some others would walk on the same path just to get a scoop of ice cream. Just like she was now.

What would make the situation even more ironic would be if Eggman were to appear; his blotchy noise and radiant voice presented alongside his swarm of enemies. He was something, that's for sure. In GUN, Amy didn't see him as much. Not that this news surprised her, the Freedom Fighters were always meeting the problem head first, while GUN was undercover work.

. . .

The Ice cream parlor was more busy than usual, so Amy waits on the sidewalk next to the entrance for her friend. Was it supposed to be busy? It's a Tuesday afternoon, if Amy was correct, so why is today special?

"Amy!" A voice calls. Amy looks up to see Rouge. She smiles.

"Hey!"

"Woah, it's slammed today, what gives?" The bat frowns, half hugging Amy before taking a hold of her forearm and dragging her to the crowded entrance. She turns around quickly, "You look really nice today, by the way."

Amy flushes, "Thanks, you too." Rouge pushes past the people near the door, and once they're inside can hear chatter between groups of people. There are whispers, cries, and even laughs; must be someone famous. At least that what Amy thinks.

Finally shoving an arm out of her way, Amy sees past the swarm of people and catches a glimpse of something blue.

It was blue.

She excuses herself behind Rouge, the bat finally makes it to the front of the batch and Amy takes a deep breath in. 

This day was... something. Quite the handful actually, because of course out of all days, out of all the days that Amy decides to go get icecream with her friend and to wear her little-red dress, Sonic, Cream, and Tails were sitting in a booth with three milkshakes in their hands. 

Amy stays behind her friend when the group notices them. Tails is the first to speak (Which would've been more reassuring if he didn't look pissed).

"Hello." He sneers. Amy feels her skin crawl. 

"Why hello to you, too." Rouge slips her hand into Amy's for both reassurance and for intimidation. "Isn't it a surprise we stumbled across each other?" 

"Yeah, it is." Sonic says, taking a sip from his milkshake, but his concentration wasn't focused on the bat; it was on Amy. Specifically her dress.

And oh- how that made her want to hide away in the crowds because he didn't know the bigger meaning to such an old dress. It was worn for him. Given to her from him. There's a story to the dress Amy was wearing in the ice cream parlor and Sonic only new part of it. 

His gaze doesn't linger for long, and then he's looking at the pink hedgehog with a smirk, "Hey, Ames."

Amy swallows and gives them a weak smile, the knot in her throat causing her at a loss of words. The hand gripping hers tightens.

"Well, Sweethearts, it was nice catching up be we're just here to get some ice and head out." It was as if Rouge could read her mind. Rouge kept her nicest smile on, but really wanted to bare fangs because Sonic was openly flirting with Amy. He had some guts doing that in front of her. But the situation was awkward anyway. Rouge and Amy hastily leave where they were standing and order their icecreams; after a ten minute wait. 

Today didn't feel right. First, Amy's dress felt haunted. Second, the atmosphere of the day was just off; a buzz that left the fur on her back on end. So now, she was waiting for the worst. Bad always came in threes. Amy's now waiting for the third.

. . .

An hour later, Rouge gets a phone call.

"The bat's here." She says, winking at Amy who just rolls her eyes playfully. Wondering who called her friend, Amy watches Rouge's face frown slightly. "Yeah, okay, we'll be there in ten. Yup, we'll see you there sweetheart." She pauses and glances at Amy before ending the call, "Bye Shadow."

"Why'd Shadow call?" Amy asks, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Did you know Silver the Hedgehog and Blaze the Cat?" The bat gingerly takes a hold of Amy's arm to get them walking to their (Amy's) unknown destination.

"I met them once or twice, why?"

"Apparently Eggman's decided to capture them. They're locked up on one of his bases and Shadow called to tell us we need to go get them. G.U.N forces will be there too since it's one of his bigger bases." Turning her head to face Rouge, Amy frowns as well.

"He hasn't captured anyone in awhile. I wonder why he chose those two." They continue walking down the stone path beneath them; both listing reasons why Blaze and Silver were the lucky two mobians to get caught. It could be because both hold certain abilities other mobians can't; like Blaze being able to harness fire. Maybe they went to the base first and just got stuck. "Ya, that's Silver for you, always the clumsy one." They both laugh.

When Rouge and Amy make it to the Bat's house, which by the way was gorgeous, Shadow was standing at the door with his red emerald in a hand. The house was a simple house, but decorated with many flowers and the brick had patches of vines growing. Amy's been to Rouge's place a number of times, and it never seizes to amaze her.

Amy's gut twists when she sees Shadow, her recent thoughts making an appearance again. What if she made it awkward? Oh god- it was and it's all her fault.

"Hey shades." Rouge steps up and rests a hand on his exposed arm that he held out for them. Shadow wasn't wearing any of Dr. Robotnik's vests- just like Rouge told him not to. Coming up to Shadow, Amy looks for any signs of proof she made it awkward, but his face is unreadable as always. She hesitantly places her hand on his arm and before she can look at him again her surroundings grow bright.

"Chaos Control!"

The base was located on another island (what was up with Eggman putting all his stuff on islands?). The three of them were sitting in a helicopter with some agents and Rouge's other partner Topaz. Also known to Amy as a little miss-priss. Amy's hands are holding onto the rim of her seat tightly. She never got used to helicopter rides. She wasn't allowed to stand, which made the rides worse. Standing always seemed to help. Back when she rode on Tails' plane, she'd stand on the top and let the air run through her quills. Now, she's shaking and quite frankly- timid.

Amy feels her knuckles turn white underneath her gloves when the helicopter hits a small bump. She stares down at the floor while Topaz talks to them.

"From our scanning, the two mobians should be somewhere on the third floor under. Rouge, we also need you to hack into the system to find any new information."

"Alright." She says. Amy takes a shaky breath in, trying to calm herself. Every helicopter ride was like this, and someone was always holding onto her for reassurance. No one was this time, so she had to suck it up and stop being such a baby.

The helicopter shifts and Amy feels herself stiffen. She holds her breath.

A hand lands on top of hers, and she squints her eyes harder in relief. Peeking to her side, she stares at Shadow who was looking towards Topaz; who was still informing them of what to do once they chaos controlled down to the base. 

It wasn't weird. Amy feels a whole new kind of relief at the thought that her and Shadow's friendship wasn't ruined because of her maybe slip-up. She can feel herself calm down beneath his grip. 

Amy opens her eyes in what felt like forever (the helicopter ride felt like forever) and watches Topaz gesture wildly with her hands as she explains herself.

"We're almost there so you three get ready." Rouge stands up first and spins around to help Amy up. She mentally smirks because she didn't miss the hand that was atop of Amy's. Rouge holds onto the pink hedgehog when Shadow holds out his arm for them to take once more. Both grab on.

. . .

Shadow was able to get them in the second floor of the base, and the three keep a close eye for any guards. That is, except for Rouge. 

She smiles and hastily slips her hand into Amy's. Amy turns around with an amused look on her face. Shrugging, Rouge bats her eyes, "I didn't know we were holding hands, so I thought i'd invite myself to the party." Amy's cheeks flush, and Rouge hangs her head back to see if Shadow would react. He didn't. No surprise, so Rouge just had to up the ante.

She swings their arms, humming quietly as Amy's face continues to flush. Amy shakes her head.

"Oh my god, Rouge stop." She laughs, and Rouge smiles brightly.

"Why? Is it distracting?"

"Focus." Shadow says, leaning over the corner to check if they were clear. Turns out the staircase leading to the third floor was to their right.

"I found them." Shadow says through the coms. The three had split up to find Blaze and Silver faster. 

Rouge's voice chimes in, "I'm at one of Eggman's tech-rooms downloading his files. I'll be there in a sec."

"I'm on my way." Amy says lastly.

Silver and Blaze were in some sort of container that looked very similar to a glass box. It couldn't be glass though, because Blaze could've gotten them out sooner and Silver could've shattered it with his telekinesis.

"Hey, Shadow!" Silver calls, slapping his hands on the surface. "I didn't know you were coming." Chaos controlling into their cell, he grunts.

"Why are you two here?" He asks, and quickly teleports them out. Blaze and Silver dust themselves off. 

"Why don't you tell him Silver?" Blaze says, malice in her words. Silver sheepishly laughs.

"I just... I heard rumors there was a new piece of technology here and I wanted to get it... before it was put into any use." He rambles, rubbing the back of his head. The two start bickering and Shadow hears a voice in his com.

"It's the bat," Rouge says suavely, "And this bat has drained all information from the base. We're good to go, I'll be there in no time."

"Any word from Amy? She's supposed to be here by now." Shadow sees Rouge fly into the room they were in and Rouge's brows pinch in concern.

"She's not here?" Waving slightly at Blaze and Silver, Rouge presses a finger to her com, "Amy? Sweetheart? Are you there? If you are, please hurry up." They all share worried glances.

Shadow and Rouge's eyes widen when a distressed yelp is heard.

"I'm going after her." Shadow says.

"Go! I'll keep watch of these two" Shadow zips out, a red streak barely noticeable by the time Rouge yells, "Keep me updated!"

Gliding down the halls, his ears perk at the sound of a smash. He stops at a door to see a giant robot picking up a large piece of metal and chucking it at Amy. She smashes it back at the robot with her hammer, but it wasn't strong enough and the robot was able to walk bast and grab her body in his fist. She cries in pain as it's fist clenches. 

Acting fast, Shadow runs to the robot and punches it's leg. It bends and crumbles under the pressure and the robot falls; releasing it's grip on the pink hedgehog for Shadow to catch. She's barely conscious, arms and assumably her ribs are bruised from the grip. Before the robot can regain its composure, Shadow's teleported back to Rouge.

She gasps, "What the hell happened?" The mobians huddle together, and Shadow holds his emerald as best he can with Amy in his arms. Rouge waves at Silver and Blaze to rest a hand on Shadow, and they all hastily disappear out of the base.

. . .

Amy's POV

My hands run through my sheets, and I exhale. I was in my room this time, the distinct smell of vanilla emitting off my pillowcase. Opening my eyes, i see my blinds are closed, but it's bright outside. What was the time? I feel a presence in the room, and I turn my to find two bright eyes staring back at me. 

I try to lift myself, but a sharp pain has me gasping. I groan, "Why am i so sore?" My voice was raspy, as if i hadn't been awake in a while. Slightly panicking, I turn to Shadow again, who hasn't said a peep. Suddenly, images of yesterday flood my memory and I groan again. I fall back into my pillow and cover my eyes with my hands.

"Sorry." I rasp out, feeling my throat ache. I messed up, and Shadow had to save me (which he shouldn't of had to do if it weren't for me). My arms are sore, not to mention my ribs feel worse every time i breathe in. I can feel the bandages wrapped around my limbs.

"No, I'm sorry." 

I snap my head towards Shadow, whose stare is intense as if in deep thought. In my peripheral vision, I see the white bandages on my arms.

"For what? Saving me?" I ask, and his eyes meet mine.

"If I'd acted sooner, you wouldn't be hurt." He says, and I can't help but want to cover my face again.

"But you got me out. I could be worse... Thank you." I try again to lift myself, and I unconsciously whimper as I position myself. Shadow gets up and grabs onto my wrists lightly.

"Stop moving, you're injured." He says, and I sigh, staring down at his gloved hands near my ungloved ones. What would it feel like if both our gloves were off?

"Did i black out?" I ask after a second of silence. Shadow lets go of my wrists and sits down again.

"You were on and off. When you got crushed, it didn't break any ribs but it definitely bruised most of them."

I look down at my chest, that was wrapped similar to my arms. I wasn't wearing any clothes, but it wasn't a big deal either; mobians didn't usually wear human clothes anyway. I sink down into my sheets tiredly.

"Sorry." I say again in a whisper. 

"Stop saying that." Shadow whispers back. I feel my eyelids grow heavy, and before i fall asleep I feel soft lips peck the top of my head.

It wasn't weird.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 876 20
Sega company hosts a ball at their head quarters! All the characters gather for a fun time, music and food, and friends from all over! But two hedgeh...
138K 3.2K 18
Amy Rose has grown tired of chasing Sonic and decides to stop pursuing him. She never notices that Sonic had been in love with her the entire time, a...
91 1 2
While on Vacation with her friends, Thanks to Shadow, Amy has a one-night stand with Sonic that she quickly regrets, but as the months go by, somethi...
89 1 1
When Amy follows Sonic into the woods for her only to see him with another girl. feeling heartbroken she tries to get over him by hanging out with hi...