Natural Affinity

By CrowR1

Fredrick Jones is an ordinary teenager. He doesn't go outside much, but when he does it's usually to relieve... More

The Tablet
I'm Surrounded by Animals!
A Place to Stay
Questions
Publicity
Reputation
Out with a Husky
Shadows
Unrest
Last Straw
Weird Raccoon
Heart
Overload
One Step Closer
Wallbuilding
Encouragement
Fear
Decisions
Countdown
Journey's End
Epilogue
NEW STORY!

Underground

2.8K 46 27
By CrowR1

Fred POV

I never knew how big Bovington is until I made my way downtown.

Astonishingly, nobody paid any attention to me despite the controversy I was causing. I still kept myself hidden, just in case someone didn't like me very well. I may not know what I'll do after I leave this town, but it's better than being ridiculed. When I finally made it, though I instantly felt overwhelmed.

The first time I ventured here was with Jack when he was told to take care of me. Granted I was in the car, I barely paid any attention to the buildings. Same could be said for my day out with Hector, as I was having so much fun it didn't matter to me. Although, I did enjoy the view from some of the taller ones.

However, this was dusk. This is a time where the world of civility is replaced by something totally different. The buildings were darkened with small dots of light appearing here and there, nothing but shadows against the moonlight. Some of the smaller shops were still open, probably hoping to get some extra customers. The creepiest part of it by far is what happens at this time: crimes and practices that are best kept out of the public eye. It scared me, but I had to work through it.

I'm now in an alleyway in between two smaller buildings, probably apartment complexes. I'm not too deep in, which would explain the lack of towering skyscrapers. Still, I could see some in the distance, their lights acting as beacons. I'm starting to regret this a little, for more reasons than one. Other than the obvious, I could get caught by someone against me, then what? Furthermore, what would I do about food without money?

Who could I turn to? Lex and Hector are obvious outs, but what about Joana and Zyon? The fox might help in some way, but the coyote made me hesitant. He didn't seem to like me based on how he stared at me while I talked with his wife. Maybe he thinks differently now... Then again, I don't know where they live. Dammit! If I was really gonna go through this, I should've planned it out more.

Maybe I shouldn't do this. There are so many faults that I'd be dead within a week. What the hell was I thinking? I should've just wade it out like Jack suggested. I can't live on my own without someone to protect me. I'm a human in a world of animals- intelligent animals that have their own society! They could kill me so easily that it'd probably mean nothing! I can't do this on my own..I'm so pathetic that I can't even go through with running away. I have to go back...

"Hey!"

I froze at that, unaware that I wasn't alone in the passage. The voice sounded rough, and not the good kind. I turned back slowly, only seeing darkness ahead. I heard footsteps from there, soon taking the shape of something bipedal. I couldn't tell what it was until it came closer to me, which I recognized as a male fox.

Needless to say, he looked very shady. A trench coat covering most of his body, paws in his pockets. I could only see his disheveled orange fur on his muzzle and around his bare feet. He had greenish eyes that just stared at me in a creepy way. My heart was pounding and yelling for me to run, but my feet were frozen to the ground.

"You're that..human everyone's talking about.", he said in that same voice.

"Y-yeah...", damn my stuttering!

He gained an eerie smirk as he came closer, "What's wrong? I just wanna talk."

My legs finally willed themselves to move but in a random direction. I don't care, that fox just screamed bad news! My vision was constantly shifting, lights and colors whipping past me like I was flying through space. I could hear voices calling out, but I ignored them, wanting to just go back to Jack's house and rip up that stupid letter!

I'm lost, scared, and being pursued by a shady fox. My bag's over my shoulder and pounding against my back. Again, I don't care, I just need to get away from that guy. I looked around, finding another alley not too far ahead. I instantly dashed towards it, making my way in and venturing deeper into darkness.

Unfortunately, that darkness would cause my downfall- literally.

I couldn't see where I was going, so I failed to see something sticking out of the ground. I tripped pretty badly and tumbled to the ground, my bag landing somewhere. I tried getting up, but my ankle screamed at me to stop. Pulling out my phone and turning on the flashlight, I could see my bag in front of me- along with a dead end. I can't run, and even if I can crawl he'll find me instantly. I looked around, finding a dumpster to the side. Getting my bag, I stumbled to the side of it and stayed quiet. The space was really tight, but I could care less. It wasn't long until I heard footsteps and that voice.

"I know you're here.", his tone was aggressive now, "Just come out and make it easy..."

His footsteps were getting closer now. I'm cornered, he's gonna find me! I'm such an idiot, why the hell did I even do this?! I shut my eyes tight as tears threatened to fall. He was probably going to kill me. I was going to die in a world that was completely unknown to me until weeks ago! I guess the worst part is that everyone will think I ran away to some faraway place- not to mention my parents.

For some reason, the footsteps stopped. I heard low voices, followed by what sounded like shuffling. I didn't open my eyes, but I still listened in. It seemed like the fox was fighting someone- and losing, by the sounds of his grunts. Suddenly, I heard another sound, like a breeze blowing. It only lasted a second, so I wasn't sure if it was real. After that, I heard another grunt followed by a loud thud. Seems like the fight is over, but I'm not taking any chances. I heard footsteps again, causing me to shrink further into my hiding spot. Soon enough, they were in front of me. I prayed to whatever deity watched over this world that I wouldn't be seen.

"Are you alright?"

Hello, deity that watches over the furry world? You now have a hater.

Knowing that I had no way out and any attempt to run would end in tremendous pain, I opened my eyes. To my surprise, it was a raccoon- a blue one. I didn't know furries could have colors like that, so it was kind of shocking. He looked pretty tall, at least from my curled up position. He had the traditional "bandit's mask" that all raccoons have, but the contrasting gray was replaced by a darkish blue. His eyes were a gentle orange, like a rising sun. Despite all of that, I was scared. Even though his species aren't exactly fierce, he's still older and stronger than me. Adding to that is the fact that I'm still vulnerable right now with nowhere to run! I shuddered uncontrollably at this.

~~*~~

??? POV

I really feel sorry for him right now. When I saw that fox chasing him from the window of a local diner, I knew it meant trouble. I kept myself far away from them, despite everyone else turning heads at them when they passed. Soon enough, I met the fox in an alleyway. He had a knife, but I made quick work of him. After that, the next problem was the human. I could smell him, so I knew he was here.

When I found him near a dumpster, I instantly knew what he was doing. He had a small bag held close to him, couple that with him being alone and you'd get a clear picture of his intentions. When I spoke to him, he looked shocked to see me, not that I didn't expect it. I'd be shocked too if I were to see a blue raccoon. Now he's shaking..great.

I knelt down to his height and stroked his head, "Hey, it's alright."

He seemed to relax at that, not shaking anymore but still tense. I wanted to show him that I meant no harm, but at the same time, I had to get him out of here. There's no telling what kind of ruckus that little chase caused. As gently as possible, I tried to pull him out from his hidey-hole. I say "tried" because halfway through he yelped and I froze.

Looking at him, he seemed to have a pained expression. Noticing that I was worried, he motioned towards his leg, which seemed injured- specifically his ankle. I can easily carry him, but half his body's still wedged between the dumpster and the wall. If I pull him out, he'll be in really bad pain. I might as well warn him before I do it.

"I'm gonna pull you out, but it's gonna hurt. Okay?", I asked to which he nodded reluctantly.

I gave him a few seconds to ready himself before swiftly yanking the rest of him out. He was about to scream in distress, but I put a paw over his mouth to muffle it. Looking at him now, he had tears in his eyes and his breaths were shaky. He actually looks kind of cute, curled up in my arms like this. After slinging his bag onto one arm, I adjusted my grip to make sure he was comfortable. One arm was around his back and the other was at his knees, being careful about the ankle. He still looked scared, staring at me with wide eyes. I knew he was my target, but I just couldn't hurt him. He looked so innocent and adorable! I tightened my grip and gently rocked him, whispering to his ear.

"It's alright. I'm not gonna hurt you, you can trust me..."

It seemed like my close contact was making him uncomfortable, as he started shaking and trying to break free.

"Shh..it's okay, just relax~.", I cooed as I rubbed his back, "I'll keep you safe."

I always have ways of sedating targets, whether that be force or feigned intimacy. Strangely, it actually worked with him. He's limp in my arms and even cuddling to my chest! Wow, I could just keep him with me forever if I wanted to. However, that would lead to many complications that could ultimately involve me. Right now, I have an alien creature in my arms that needs to be hidden.

To my surprise, nobody else was in the alley. I would've expected at least one other furry, but none were around besides the unconscious fox. I guess they had better things to do, but I don't care. I stepped back and looked up, scaling the building in front of me. Not too high, thankfully. I bent down and focused, jumping really high and landing on the roof. I'm surprised I can still jump so high with the extra weight on me, but I guess the kid's lighter than he looks.

Whatever, time to get him out of here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 4.5K 24
One day while visiting Japan, you decide to boot up one of your favorite games ever, Dragonball Fighterz..........If only you chose to do LITERALLY a...
307K 18.4K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
78.3K 2K 30
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
6.6K 311 34
RECONSTRUCTED! Following the events of the wedding, Noah and company are thrown right back into the chaos as they discover that the Third Eye is runn...