Unexpected (Avi Kaplan)

Oleh MyDay1998

Why is it that good girls always seem to fall for bad guys. They know they'll end up getting hurt, but they d... Lebih Banyak

Before He Cheats
Behind These Hazel Eyes
Black Horse and a Cherry Tree
Titanium
Somewhere I Belong
The Last Night
Fallin' For You
Crush
NOT AN UPDATE
Haunted
Confident
Gives You Hell
Sweet Dreams
Brave
Never Again
Apologize
Lean On Me
Sing
I Will Wait
Broken
Fix You
I'll Stand By You
Here's To Never Growing Up
Born For This
Ref
Happy
Bust A Move
Good To Be Alive
Rock Show (Part 2)
Oath
Safe & Sound
My Heart Is Broken
Run To You
Dirty Laundry

Rock Show (Part 1)

261 4 1
Oleh MyDay1998

Ivy's POV

I woke up to the sound of music blaring from the tv and immediately stuffed my head underneath the pillow in an attempt to block out the sound, but to no avail. Groaning in frustration, I sat up and roughly ran a hand through my hair to quickly tame the lion's mane I knew was on my head. Squinting a bit until my eyes adjusted to the lights, I frowned, catching sight of someone holding a Starbucks cup in front of my face.

I hesitated before taking it and looked up at Scott to see a grin on his face. "Wake up sleepy head. You have ten minutes to get dressed 'cause we have sound check and everything." I stared blankly at the blonde and reluctantly rolled out of bed, setting the cup on the table.

Without a word, I walked over to my things and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and one of Avi's shirts. Dragging myself into the bathroom, I changed and washed my face, throwing my hair up in a messy ponytail as I took in my appearance. I was clearly tired, but I was excited, too. Everything was so new and I couldn't wait to see how everything went.

Walking out, I sat on the bed and slipped on a pair of socks and sneakers, eyeing the bottle of pills cautiously. I picked it up and read over the warnings and directions before opening it and pouring two in my hand. I closed it and set it back down as I stood up and grabbed a bottle of water. Downing the two pills quickly, I held the water close to me as I grabbed my phone. "Let's go."

"Hold up missy. What were those?"

I closed my eyes at Mitch's question and let out a small sigh. I didn't want to tell him, mainly because I didn't want to deal with his questionnaire, but against my better judgement, I did. "Birth control."

I peeked though my lashes at him to see the dumbfounded look on his face. "When were you planning on telling me you were getting some?"

"Oh my god. I wasn't because it's none of your business."

"I think I have a right to know."

"Would it make you feel better if I told you that before yesterday, I spent a month terrified that I couldn't even have kid so I'm happy to be taking them?"

That seemed to shut him up. I let out a small sigh and shook my head. "If you really want to know, I'll tell you later. I'm just not feeling it right now after you woke me up," I said and placed a hand on his shoulder with a reassuring smile.

He nodded and picked up my cup, handing it to me. "I didn't pay five bucks for this for nothing though," he said with a small laugh.

"Thanks." I grabbed my room key and followed the other four out. "Where's Kirstie?"

"Already in the lobby with Esther," Kevin told me as we entered the elevator. On the way down, I closed my eyes and aimlessly leaned against Avi's chest as I wrapped my arms around him lazily. The deep rumble that came from his chest as he chuckled made me smile as I peeked up at him curiously.

"Carry me?" I asked when the elevator dinged as we reached the first floor. I was a bit surprised when he nodded and knelt down just enough for me to hop on.

"Hold on," he said quietly as he stood back up and began walking, hooking his arms underneath my knees. I wrapped my arms around his neck, though I was careful not to choke him as I rested my head against his upper back and closed my eyes sleepily.

"It's about time. I was starting to wonder if you guys were coming," I heard Esther say and smiled slightly as she started acting like Mama Bear.

"Sorry. Sleepy head over there didn't want to get up," Scott said and even though my eyes were closed, I could feel his blue eyes on me. "Apparently, she still doesn't want to."

"Give her time. She's not used to getting up only to go and be productive," Kevin said. I chuckled lightly at his defense, mainly because it was true. "Well, at least she's still awake."

"Barely," I mumbled, deciding not to open my eyes. "Don't we have somewhere to be?" I asked a bit louder than I had before.

"Yes we do," Esther said just as we began moving. I only opened my eyes once we got to the car so I could get in. I was stuck between Mitch and Kevin, mainly because Kirstie called shot gun and I was the smallest person besides her. I stared blankly out the windshield as we maneuvered through traffic, listening silently to the conversation, but not paying much attention. All I knew was it was about clothes.

Once we got to the venue, we piled out of the car and made our way inside and immediately began exploring the entire area. It was huge, that was for sure. Then something dawned on me. "You didn't bring your guitar did you Avi?" I asked as I stopped and turned towards him.

A look of shock passed over his face as he realized he didn't have it. "Go find your dressing room, I'll talk to Esther and get it sorted out. Promise," he said and quickly kissed my forehead. I let out a nervous breath and turned, starting to look around to find my dressing room.

Avi's POV

I  should get at least a B for acting skills. As soon as Ivy turned back around, I darted into an empty room, peeking around the corner as I watched her. Sure, I didn't have my guitar, but I really didn't care. As soon as she was at a safe distance, I began following him, unable to keep the smile off my face.

It didn't take her long to find the dressing room she shared with Kirstie. She opened the door and stopped. I took the opportunity to walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her waist, keeping behind her. "You really think I'd forget your birthday?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah considering I forgot until now," she said, and I broke out into a laugh. "Is that mine?"

"It's as much yours as your clothes are," I said, gently pushing her into the room.

"You left yours on purpose." I shrugged my shoulders as I let her go and watched her walk up to the guitar sitting on a stand in the middle of the room.

"I knew you needed one so I got you one."

"The designs-"

"I have a friend that's really good at art. I had her do it." She turned and looked at me, and I could easily see tears in her eyes from where I was standing. I opened my mouth to say something, but she caught me off guard when she launched herself at me and hugged me, knocking me out of the room.

"Really? You two can't wait?" I laughed a bit and glanced over at Kirstie as she approached us.

"I'm pretty sure this is just a 'thank you' hug," I said, motioning to the room. She peered in and looked back at me in confusion. "I got it for her for her birthday," I clarified. Kirstie nodded with a small smirk and turned, jogging away. I couldn't help but wonder exactly what she was up to.

I peeled Ivy off me and set her down, placing my hands on her shoulders. "Why don't you grab it and meet me on stage. We've got sound check." I leaned down and kissed her briefly before walking off, heading to the stage.

Only a few minutes later, I felt a tiny set of arms wrap around and and I laughed a bit as I turned around.

"Here, these are yours," Esther said as she approached, handing Ivy a small black box. She took it and opened it up, her eyes lighting up as she pulled out her ear monitors with a treble clef and bass clef forming a heart.

"I remembered seeing the same symbol on a necklace in your apartment so I told Esther. I hope it's okay. Not too personal," I said with a small frown. Instead of saying anything, her entire face dulled as she walked over to the edge of the stage and sat down with her feet hanging off the edge.

Esther gave me an apologetic look and I walked over and sat next to Ivy. "I can have them changed by next show," I said softly. It was only then that I realized she was in tears. It's not that serious is it?

"No no...it's just..." she trailed off, wiping her eyes as she looked down at the box. "That necklace you were talking about, my mom gave it to me," she finally said as she met my eyes. "It was her favorite symbol. I just never wear it because I'm terrified of messing it up." She paused, taking in a shaky breath. "Don't get me wrong, the guitar is great and everything, but this means more to me than that," she said, motioning to he tiny box.

I smiled a bit and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her close as I rested my chin on top of her head. "You know she's gonna be with you tonight." All I could do was hope those words were enough for her.

"Hey Ivy. Ready for your sound check?" Esther asked from across the stage. She stood up and wiped her eyes once more as she carefully put the monitors in and set up the box with a bit of my help. She walked backstage for a moment and returned with her guitar in hand, taking a seat on a stool. She took a moment to adjust the height of the microphone, and myself and the others took the time to grab a seat in front of the stage to watch.

She pulled a pick out of her pocket, taking another minute to tune the guitar and soon, she was playing and singing, captivating all of us instantly.

"She's watching the taxi driver, he pulls away
She's been locked up inside her apartment a hundred days
She says, "Yeah, he's still coming, just a little bit late
He got stuck at the laundromat washing his cape"
She's just watching the clouds roll by and they spell her name like Lois Lane
And she smiles, oh the way she smiles

She's talking to angels, counting the stars

Making a wish on a passing car
She's dancing with strangers, falling apart
Waiting for Superman to pick her up
In his arms yeah, in his arms yeah
Waiting for Superman

She's out on the corner trying to catch a glimpse
Nothing's making sense
She's been chasing an answer
A sign lost in the abyss, this Metropolis
She says "Yeah, he's still coming, just a little bit late"
He got stuck at the Five and Dime saving the day"
She says "If life was a movie, then it wouldn't end like this"
Left without a kiss
Still, she smiles, oh the way she smiles, yeah

She's talking to angels, she's counting the stars
Making a wish on a passing car
She's dancing with strangers, she's falling apart
Waiting for Superman to pick her up

In his arms yeah, in his arms yeah
She's waiting for Superman

To lift her up and take her anywhere
Show her love and climbing through the air
Save her now, before it's too late tonight
Oh like the speed of light
And she smiles

She's talking to angels, she's counting the stars
Making a wish on a passing car
She's dancing with strangers, she's falling apart
Waiting for Superman to pick her up
In his arms yeah, oh in his arms yeah
She's waiting for Superman

To lift her up and take her anywhere
Show her love and climbing through the air
Save her now before it's too late tonight
She's waiting for Superman"

"I think the mic works," Mitch said before sniffling a bit.

"If you cry every time she sings, you're going to a mental hospital," Kirstie said with a smile, her eyes moving to the brunette.

"I'm not apologizing." 

"She's got nothing to worry about. They're gonna love her," Scott said, standing up and starting a roar of applause for so few people.

A/N: Part one of this chapter is up! Part two shall come tomorrow even if it kills me!

~*~*~Ash~*~*~

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

3.7K 116 27
Heartache. Trauma. Love. Music. It seems to be a common factor in both Ivy Summers' and Avi Kaplan's lives. It tore them apart completely, but can it...
34.7K 1.9K 26
〝 we both left the men's bathroom and i sat down. "you're something, kirstie," avi said as he sat down next to me. "is that a good or a bad thing?" i...
24.9K 707 35
"I really really love you, and I don't think I will ever be able to stop saying that. Just so you know." "Well, I really really love you, and I think...
62.5K 2.8K 21
While taking his baby cousin to the circus, Scott falls under the spell of odd ringleader Mitch. After obsessing over the other man for months, Scott...