Drop of Magic (Malec)

By thespilledpoet

And in that moment I realize I feel no regret. This is one moment I never want to leave, but also one I'll ne... More

Taken Interest
Not Irrelevant
Perfect Moments
Pancakes and Honesty
Old Wounds and Alcohol Don't Mix
Hangovers Suck
Partners?
Controlled Alcohol Makes Dates Better
Movie Nights and Moving
Shopping Can Be Fun
Mario Kart and Max
For Us
Becoming a Lightwood
Good News and Bad News
Two Months
Falling, Hard
I Love You
Drop of Magic (Epilogue)
(Author's Note)
Bonus Chapter (1) Elevator Stays and Rainy Days
Bonus Chapter (2) Not The Wedding You Were Expecting
Bonus Chapter (3) Pack My Bags
Bonus Chapter (4) Our Magic
Bonus Chapter (5) Little One
Bonus Chapter (6) Mess ups and Make ups
Bonus Chapter (7) Starting Over
Bonus Chapter (8) First Halloween
Bonus Chapter (9) Lucky
Bonus Chapter (10) It's Christmas!

Blissful Mornings

4.3K 192 32
By thespilledpoet

Magnus POV 

      Kissing Alec is like free falling. I can't feel the chair beneath me or the table beside me. I can't feel anything save for his smooth hand on my jaw, working its way back into my hair, or his other hand intertwined with mine. I taste the wine and chocolate on his soft lips, feel the way we meld together so intimately in this simple moment. Time becomes meaningless, everything leading up to this moment is irrelevant and I pray we stay like this forever. I've always been sure to keep control over my life, and in this simple touch, I throw it all away, giving myself over to him completely, trusting him to understand how much this means. Too soon, he pulls away, keeping me close enough so I can rest our foreheads together. We share more smooth, heated kisses in the soft candlelight, savouring the little sounds that escape our lips, the brushes of fingertips underneath the hems of shirts and the feeling of absolute bliss. He blinks open his eyes, languid and hazy, meeting my gaze.  Normally, Alexander is a tense person, always on edge, but in this moment, I can feel no tension. His body is relaxed, angled closely to me, our legs tangled between us. Slowly, he cards his elegant hands through my hair, his warm eyes roaming over my kiss-swollen lips and flushed cheeks. All I can hear is our gentle breathing, the air between us warm and buzzing. 

"Magnus," his voice is gentle and washes over me, smooth and rich as velvet. I hum in response, moving my hand up to caress his jaw, letting it rest on the side of his neck. He doesn't respond, leaning down so his lips catch the underside of my chin, trailing lightly down my neck as far as he can, dipping softly under the collar of my shirt before making his way back up, pressing a warm kiss to my lips. I respond instantly, every part of me aware of only him. When he pulls away, there's a sweet smile on his lips. I smile back crookedly, a small upturn of my lips as I brush them along his jawline. 

"Alexander, stay tonight?" He nods slowly, his cheek brushing mine. I can feel him tense up a bit and I smooth my hand down his back, passing between his shoulder blades and running along his side soothingly. "Just to be together. I don't...want to push anything between us. I've never felt like this towards anyone before, as new as this is to you, I can assure you I'm just as far out of my comfort zone." He relaxes under my touch and comforting words, grazing his lips past mine before we stand. It's getting late, and I have no problem dressing down to share a bed with Alec. 

Alex POV 

      When Magnus opens the double doors to his bedroom, I'm not surprised by the decor. The room is large with many windows on the right wall. The bed is against the far wall with a high headboard and a soft canopy of gold that hangs down from it. The duvet is gold and brown with many white, brown and gold pillows piled behind its neat tuck. The room itself is nothing short of amazing. Its hardwood floors are deep and rich and a lush teal area rug is settled beneath the bed, peeking out from it. There's a door that leads to what I'm assuming is a walk in closet, and another to an en suite bathroom. A large flat screen is placed on a mahogany stand several feet from the end of the bed, a cabinet against the wall next to us displaying hundreds of movies. There's a sound system in the corner, a cream coloured couch near it and a bookcase overflowing with volumes. Magnus wanders over to one of the doors, opening it and showing me I was right. His walk-in closet is larger than my entire bedroom at the apartment. He turns to look at me before beckoning me to follow him. I do, stepping into the closet behind him as he sifts through some clothes. 

"Would you like something to sleep in, Alec?" I lean on the doorframe and watch him idly. 

"No thank you," I smirk at him as he turns, catching him off guard, I'm sure. He bites his lip before nodding and sliding his clothes off, tossing them in a hamper in the corner. 

"You can put yours in there, too, and borrow a suit or something of mine tomorrow." I nod and strip down to my black boxers, a little slower than necessary, letting Magnus soak me in a little. I can feel his eyes raking over me and I smirk, back to him as I lob the clothes into the hamper. I turn back to him, pushing my hair back and watching with satisfaction as he audibly gulps. Smirking more, I walk passed him, turning around to watch him follow me to bed. The bed is even more comfortable than the one in the guest room, and I nearly moan at how luxurious this all is. Magnus tugs back the duvet, sliding onto the silken sheets and arranging a few pillows in the center of the bed for us. With a content sigh, I lay down, rolling onto my side to face him. He smiles softly and claps once, the lights turning off around us. In the dark, I can only hear his breathing and feel his warmth, a little too far away. As if reading my mind, he slides a warm hand around my waist, palm resting perfectly in the dip in my lower back as he pulls me closer. With my head tucked comfortably beneath his chin, listening to the mingled sounds of our hearts beating and our gentle breathing, I'm lulled into a perfect sleep, wondering where in the heavens Magnus has been all my life. 

      I wake up to an alarm that isn't mine, groaning and throwing an arm over my eyes, tugging the pillow around my head to cover my ears from the noise. I hear some shuffling and a thump beside me as what I assume is the alarm clock topples to the floor. In the new silence, I hear the rustling of sheets as Magnus sits up beside me. The weight in the bed begins to shift but I stop him with a firm arm around the waist. 

"Not yet, come back to bed with me." My voice is thick with sleep, an octave lower than normal and gravelly. I feel a shiver run through Magnus, but he complies, rolling back onto the bed and snuggling against my chest. I smile and press a gentle kiss to his forehead, nuzzling into his mop of black hair, falling all over the place without any product in to hold it. His body is warm and bows to mine perfectly, curving to touch all the hollows and empty spaces. I revel in the sleepy warmth for a moment before sighing and nudging him. 

"Okay, work is calling, we should get up." He groans and I chuckle softly, brushing his soft hair back from his face, carding my fingers through it. He blinks up at me sleepily, and I find myself forgetting about work, about life outside of this bed in general. I could spend forever dissecting every little piece of Magnus, from his slight stubble in the mornings to the way his soft hair falls gracefully into his eyes, the slight glow his gorgeous eyes hold, and the stunning beauty of the unique shade of them. I could stare into his eyes forever, I think, and never run out of things to love. With a heavy sigh, he sits up, my arm still around his waist, our legs tangled blissfully together beneath the silken sheets. I smile at him, eyes grazing over his frame in the pale morning light. Magnus is a sight to behold, this I'm learning, and I find that mornings could be a lot more enjoyable if they're spent like this. With a sigh of my own, I sit up, stretching my arms high above my head. I can feel his eyes roaming over me, and for once I'm not so insecure. Magnus has a way of making me feel at home in my own skin which is all new to me. 

"Alright, I'm going to go hop in the shower in the guest room. Can I borrow some clothes?" He nods and slides out of bed, bare feet padding along the floor to his closet. I watch as I slowly drag myself out of bed, glancing at the overturned alarm clock on the floor. It's only 6, we still have a few hours before we need to head to the office. Magnus returns with an ash gray suit and navy dress shirt. 

"Slightly more toned down than I'd like to see you in, but something you'd prefer I suppose." He grins and I roll my eyes, yet I'm unable to keep the smile off of my face. He sets the suit down on the chair near the bed and walks over to me, sliding his arms around my waist, nuzzling his nose into the hollow beneath my ear, making me shiver. His voice ignites every single nerve ending I have, causing a brilliant fire to burn through my veins.

"You sure you don't want to just join me in the shower? It's plenty big for two..." His voice borders on a growl and I can feel my willpower melting away. With a soft groan, I dip my head down to catch his lips, forgetting that morning breath exists and reveling in this new feeling we can share. His teeth graze my bottom lip and I sigh, pulling away gently, cupping his cheek in my palm. 

"You're nearly irresistible, Bane. Nearly." I turn him around swiftly by the hips, smirking at the little gasp that emerges. "Now go on and shower. I'll meet you downstairs for coffee." I mark my point with a quick tap to his behind, and with a bark of a laugh, he winks over his shoulder and bounces into the bathroom. Once I'm showered, I wrap a towel around my waist and sling another one over my shoulders to catch the stray drops of water from my hair and head back into Magnus' room where I've left my suit. I can hear him singing along loudly to some song I've never heard in the shower and it brings a small laugh out of me. Grabbing the suit, I go to turn and head back to the guest room when he emerges in a small puff of steam, towel around his own waist. Hungrily, I roam my eyes over him, biting my lower lip a bit. His cheeks are rosy and I can't tell if it's from the shower or this situation. 

"Could you make it any harder to keep my hands to myself, Alexander?" He chides playfully, crossing his arms and letting the towel hang dangerously low on his sharp hips. 

"I could sure try." I nearly choke out, my throat thick. He smirks and walks over, placing his hot, damp hands on my chest and leaning up to capture my lips. I don't back away, basking in the moment, winding my arms around his glistening torso and sliding my hands down the dip of his back. He sighs contently when he pulls back enough to look me in the eyes. I can't help but wonder if this is where I'm meant to be waking up in the mornings, right here, with Magnus Bane wrapped around me. 

"I could get used to mornings like these, Alec." His voice is soft and sincere, and I feel a hot blush rise to my own cheeks. 

"So could I, Bane." 

      We arrive to work on time, sporting two coffees from the cafe down the street and broad smiles on our faces. Tessa smiles at us befoe cocking an eyebrow at Magnus, who just laughs lightheartedly at her. 

"Good morning, Magnus, Alec. Did the two of you grab breakfast?" I glance at Magnus, unsure how to respond. 

"You could say that. I figured I should get to know my new business partner." She laughs lightly, but the sound is vivid, almost like the first streak of sunlight through the clouds. I feel the corners of my own lips turn up at his comment, casting him a sideways glance and shaking my head softly as we make our way to the elevator. He presses both of our floors and hums along to the all-too-cheery elevator music on our way up. His suit today is a striking blue with a black shirt beneath, no tie. I also sport no tie, considering he didn't give me one this morning, but the fit of the suit is just about right, despite the difference in our stature. I brush a cotton fluff off the cuff of the ash gray jacket and throw him what I hope is a dashing smile when the elevators open to my floor. He returns it, his own smile open and proud as his hand brushes the back of my arm. 

"I'll be down for coffee in a few hours. Try and last that long." I laugh softly at his confidence, though knowing he's spot on. I'm finding it desperately hard to stay away from Magnus, and I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. The desk in the lobby that sat empty yesterday is filled with a head of long wavy hair. The man lifts his head when I walk in and I smile a bit at him, unsure who he is. 

"Hello, Mr. Lightwood. My name is Meliorn. I'm your new assistant." I nod and he gets back to work as I head into my office. I don't really need an assistant, but I shrug it off and shrug out of my suit jacket, hanging it on the hook by the wall. The papers I'd left on my desk yesterday seem to be taunting me, so setting my cup of coffee down, I crack my knuckles and get to work. 

      Coffee break doesn't come soon enough. I hold out, fiddling with numbers and thinking about Magnus until Meliorn knocks on the door. "Come in," I call softly, setting my pen down and looking up at the door as it opens. 

"Mr. Bane is here for you." I nod and thank him, watching as Magnus enters the room in a flourish, perching himself on the edge of my desk. It takes all I have in me not to kiss him right there, but I settle for smoothing my hand over his knee and resting it there. He smiles in response, placing his hand over my own and intertwining our fingers. 

"So what do you think of him? I figured we'd give him a shot, but if you dislike him-" I shake my head with a smile. 

"Meliorn is fine, Magnus, thank you. I have a proposal for you." He raises a brow and tilts his head minutely to the side. The small gesture makes my heartbeat falter slightly. "Simon, a friend of mine, has been bugging to meet you. I worked with him back at Du Morte." Magnus nods and I take that as an invitation to continue. "He invited the two of us over to his place. My siblings will be there, too." At this moment, as I'm about to ask him, I realize how little time Magnus has for trivial things like watching movies. I think about how stupid I'll sound inviting him and how he'll agree as to not make me feel totally idiotic. "They're just going to watch movies, I'll just tell him we can't make it, sorry for-" Magnus laughs gently and caresses my cheek with his free hand. I find myself leaning into the touch, the comfort he exudes that seems to calm every single part of me. 

"I'd love to. It's been ages since I've just hung out. It'll be fun." I exhale the breath I was unaware I was holding and he leans down to brush his soft lips along my cheek. He smiles like coffee, sunlight, slightly floral and a scent that's just all his own. It's like his own brand of cologne and I can't get enough. "Should we grab dinner on our way there?" I think for a second before biting my lip nervously and looking at him. 

"Well if you can handle take out pizza..." He chuckles and nods. 

"Pizza's good." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.9K 2.3K 58
Alec starts a relationship with Magnus Bane the High Warlock of Brooklyn after the unlikely but fateful night when he is dragged to a party by his si...
20.7K 871 18
"Who could ever learn to love a beast?" --- Prince Magnus wasn't exactly grateful of the life that he lived. He was selfish and vain, unappreciative...
80.3K 3.4K 51
[COMPLETED] In a rush I was no longer in the cold and rainy street but in someone else's apartment. Confused, I looked around me and saw two men in f...
41.2K 791 16
___________________________ "Why are you here?" ". . . I don't know." ___________________________ [IN THE EDITING PROCESS] Echo Lightwood is a girl w...