The Girl in the Box (Doctor W...

Por D0ntEvenBlink

The Gemstone was sent to Earth when Gallifrey was falling. Her love, the Doctor, sent her to the 20th century... Mais

The Girl in the Box (Doctor Who)
New Earth
New Earth Part Two
Kidnapped by the Daleks
Dalek Babysitters
Army of Ghosts
Doomsday
The Runaway Bride
The Runaway Bride Part Two
Nightmares
The Smiths and Jones
The Smiths and Jones Part Two
The Spurious Resort
Date Night Gone Wrong
A/N New Stories!
Martha's Turn in the TARDIS
The End of the Gemstone

The Maddening Mist

6.7K 199 202
Por D0ntEvenBlink

~~~~ The Gemstone's POV ~~~~

I turned around to check up on the couple behind us when I saw the fog creeping up on them, trying to snatch the couple and invade their minds. I had never known the Forcuse Nerada to be intentionally violent, especially when they had enough resources to keep them content, someone was controlling them.

"Keep away from the fog," I warned the couple as they stared at the mist with more wonder than I would like. They slowly outstretched their hands towards the vapor, and before I could yank them out of their trance, they let the Forcuse Nerada dance on their palms and ambush their minds.

"Run," was all the Doctor did to snap me back into action, taking his arm from around my shoulder and grabbing my hand frantically. We sprinted into the TARDIS and slammed the doors, sliding down them together with heavy sighs.

"It's a shame," I moaned over the deaths of the couple we had saved moments ago, only leading them to their deaths.

"They had touched the fog long before we had gotten to them, that's why they were drawn to it," the Doctor tried comforting me by pointing out they were already dead. It didn't make me feel less guilty, but I wiped my emotions away and attempted to think of a plan.

"Cross blowing up anything off of your list," the Doctor reminded me and fiddled with my hand subconsciously.

"Light the upper atmosphere on fire, starving the Forcuse Nerada of condensation," I proposed and stared at our hands.

"Brilliant, but the humans moving in will be a big feast after a long fast for them. They'd live off of the pollution," the Doctor shot down my idea.

"Wait, Forcuse Nerada aren't hostile creatures, so someone's been controlling them. How about we find that someone and kindly ask them to stop, then accidentally blow them up or something," I smirked and skipped to the console, dropping the Doctor's hand from mine so I could work on scanning the life forms on Millew.

"Sounds like a plan," the Doctor rushed to help me with the scanner.

"Looks like there's someone underground, human. Fancy paying them a visit?" I started punching in the coordinates and balancing levers while holding down buttons. "Be a dear and help, would you?" I groaned as I stretched my hand across the console for a different button.

"No, I'm quite content," the Doctor stared at me with a mischievous smirk.

"Oi, eyes front," I scolded him and pushed the final button with my foot. "You could've helped," I whined and flicked the back of his head as punishment.

"I was preoccupied," he rubbed his head, careful not to mess up his hair.

"Not the time, Doctor," I laughed and opened the TARDIS doors a bit, peering out of them for any immediate danger. All was clear, we were in a seemingly empty cave.

"Knock knock," the Doctor murmured as he stepped out of the doorway.

"Who's there?" a booming voice reverberated throughout the cave.

"The Doctor and Gemstone," I answered, not liking the idea of playing with the voice.

"The Doctor and Gemstone who?" the voice played along with the game we weren't intent on playing.

"You see, that's the thing. You don't know who we are. Not yet, you don't. But when you do, you'll regret not knowing. Because the Gemstone and I, we'll stop you," the Doctor interrupted the joke and pulled me out of the TARDIS.

"I don't get it," the voice answered in a bemused tone.

"Okay, tell us your plan," I pleaded, hoping the voice would fall for it.

"So you're the Doctor and Gemstone, here to stop me," the voice cackled before it revealed its body. A rather tall man stepped our of the shadows, with a calculating grin. He had a caveman aura to him, with a long and unruly beard and black curly hair trailing down his back as if he hadn't cut it for years.

"Oh yes, so tell us your plan and we'll just blow up this planet once the Shadow Proclamation has enough evidence," the Doctor stepped towards the man, amplifying his confidence enough to be noticeable to the man.

I paid closer attention to the cavern, its dark walls being illuminated by the shred of light from the northern sun. I could see a large mass of equipment behind the man, the buttons starting to shine different colors of light as the machine powered on slowly. So slow it suggested it was solar power, but no panels were visible on the machine. That means that it's draining the suns of something, possibly the main gas built by the heat of the suns, helium. He's taking the helium from the suns, using it for some benefit.

"Think of the light in the situation. It's like your head is full of light air. Not like you'd be able to get away with anything, like draining the suns, with us around. You'd need a good defense system, also. Though I'm kind of foggy today, so who knows," I emphasized certain words, hoping the Doctor would get the message I was attempting to send.

"Oh, very clever," the Doctor whispered in my ear, trying not to let the praise echo throughout the dark cave.

"You think you're going to stop me, but I have many willing buyers, I'd give my life for this job. I won't be able to count the credits I'll get from this transaction," the man bragged, buying our act of being overly-confident, thick humans.

"How much credits?" I tried to flirt with the man, twirling my hair around my finger and making my lips curl up a bit.

"Millions," the man faltered, letting me strut towards him, and I took off my jacket to add effect. I glanced at the Doctor staring at me hungrily, now I've got two men around my finger, excellent. I was right in front of the man, and I succeeded at touching his cheek without grimacing.

"Why do your buyers need that much helium?" I asked the man in my best sexy tone, failing miserably, but still talking the man into spilling his guts.

"The new drug, it's called Aspen. It lets a person go into a dream state, lets them get away from life for a little bit. It's made of mostly helium, and in high demand," the man purred. He started eyeing me up, making me feel uncomfortable. He reached a hand out to wrap around me, making me back away and break my cover of a gold digger. I yanked my hand away from him and punched his grimy nose as hard as I could, snapping it with a loud crunch. I ran back to the Doctor, still staring at me with adoration, and yanked him to the TARDIS doors.

"Thank you, for your help," I grinned at the man nursing his broken nose gingerly. I threw the Doctor my jacket before pushing open the doors to the TARDIS and dragging him in.

"What was that?" the Doctor yelled, more angry now than confused.

"It's called getting information," I flicked his shoulder with a playful smirk.

"You just flirted with an evil criminal that's draining suns for money," the Doctor shouted, still fuming.

"Your hair's a lot better," I joked and sat in the jump seat, awaiting his lecture.

"It is, isn't it?" he sighed and sat next to me, stretching his legs out on top of the console like it was a coffee table.

"Most definitely," I agreed and kissed his cheek. He smiled at me, indicating he wasn't cross anymore, and I leaned against him.

"Plan?" the Doctor asked me, knowing that I had one.

"The drug seems harmless, but how they're getting the helium for it isn't. I say we stop this guy, then continue our date," I sighed happily, content at the moment.

"Got a plan for that?" the Doctor groaned as I got up from the jump seat and started to pull up the monitor for the footage outside of the TARDIS.

"Spontaneity is key," I watched the man as he walked around our little box with a puzzled expression. He finally reached the front of the TARDIS and contemplated on what to do, before he knocked on the doors.

"Why's he knocking?" the Doctor pulled out his glasses and inspected the screen with me.

"He's polite, unlike you," I grinned maniacally before skipping to the doors. We've got no plan, no backup, and no weapons, but I knew we'd sort it all out. I opened the doors just enough for me to slip out of the TARDIS and into the cave, not enough for the man to see the console room with a blushing Doctor inside.

"Hello, Gem," the man gave me a pet name, one only the Doctor was allowed to used.

"Don't call me that," I snapped. I felt like punching the man again before I saw the blood dripping down his face and felt satisfied enough with his broken nose.

"Fine by me, the name's Jim, by the way," Jim held out his hand for me to shake, but I ignored it and sprinted towards the machine that was draining the helium.

"You do realize this is going to burn up all of the suns, don't you?" I asked as I fumbled around the controls, but I din't wait for an answer. "Oh, so you do, but you don't care. It's always about the money, not about the innocent people you've killed with your little defense system," I accused Jim as I searched frantically for an off switch or something in the mess of buttons and levers.

Before I could move out of the way, a force field of electric light surrounded me. It was a trap, a bad one, a dome with electrical currents coursing through it to prevent me from escaping alive. I was forced to sit to avoid being electrocuted, though I really wanted to strangle Jim.

"I've got your little girlfriend, Doctor," Jim yelled in a sing-song tone. "She's rather pretty, I think I'll keep her to myself," he mused with a dirty grin.

"I'd kill myself first," I moaned and fiddled with my sonic ring to find a setting that would break me out of my prison. Not setting 666N.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are," Jim mocked the Doctor. The TARDIS doors opened with a creak as the Doctor stepped out, furious with Jim.

"You're so thick, Jim," the Doctor faked a warm smile, but it turned into a frown when he saw me fiddling with my sonic. Not setting 478G.

"In what way, Doctor?" Jim asked, clearly intrigued by the Doctor's accusation. Yes! Setting 221B worked and the force field disappeared.

"You underestimated us," the Doctor answered simply. I crept up behind Jim and jumped on him, tackling him to the ground. The Doctor rushed to the controls as I sat on Jim to hold him down, ignoring the sinister looks he gave me.

"Need help, dear?" I asked without moving my eyes from Jim.

"Nope, just disabled his reign on his little army, they'll be angry with him," the Doctor and I shared a knowing look on what he meant by angry. "There, no longer taking helium from the sun," the Doctor smiled at me before throwing me a pair of handcuffs.

"Do you just carry these around?" I asked him, bewildered, as I handcuffed Jim's hands together.

"No, I just grabbed them before I came out," he assured me, still staring at the controls.

"So, now we've got to break those controls fast and get out of here," I assessed the situation as the fog entered the mouth of the dark cave.

"Would you do the honours?" the Doctor gestured to the machine Jim had used.

"Would I?" I grinned like a kid in a candy shop, more like the last Time Lady when given the chance to break things. I kicked off a metal part attached to the machine and used it to break down the rest of it, deeming it all unusable.

The fog was getting closer, hungry for revenge on the man that controlled them for years and years. We were letting them have it.

"Better go, then," the Doctor grabbed my hand as we nearly skipped back inside of the TARDIS. He flew her while I grabbed a blanket, knowing he was taking us back to our date like he'd promised.

We exited the TARDIS, we'd arrived where we had first landed. I put down the blanket where we'd danced before we heard the screams.

I sat down on the soft, blue blanket and looked up towards the sky. The suns were setting, leaving the white sky a canvas of colors. The rays of light mixed into oranges and reds, creating the beauty of a sunset, but four times better.

The Doctor started towards the spot I left for him on the blanket, but he must've found a small rock, because he came crashing down. I jumped up and caught him, thanking my reflexes for the nice catch. Both metaphorically and literally.

"Aren't I supposed to be the one catching you?" The Doctor smiled and got back on his feet.

"A little too cliche, dear," I laughed and laid back down on the blanket. The Doctor stretched out next to me, curling his arm around my waist.

"We were a little harsh, weren't we?" the Doctor sighed heavily.

"Most definitely, and I can't say he deserved it," I grumbled into his shoulder, immediately letting the guilt take over. "But that couple, they didn't deserve it either," I whined to the universe.

"I know," the Doctor tightened his grip to hold me closer, a gesture I was more than happy with. "For now, let's just enjoy our first date shall we?"

We laid together, watching the sunset fade into dusk and turn the sky into a black canvas dotted with sparkling stars and planets.

"It's gorgeous," I ruined the comfortable silence of the night.

"So are you," the Doctor stared at me, more intently then the stars.

"I'll allow the one cliche moment, but from now on, we are a completely out-of-the-ordinary couple that does nothing normal," I sighed happily and turned on my side to stare at him.

He leaned in to kiss me, confirming he agreed with not being the cheesy romance couple, or at least not too much.

~~~~~~

It had been at least a few hours of the Doctor and I pointing at the stars and planets, telling each other their stories. The Doctor would tell me of his adventures there, while I would be able to tell him about the history, current events, environments, and all about the life forms on the planet. I was always the one that payed attention while we went to school on Gallifrey.

We laughed at the odd cultures of the planets, and all of the silly little adventures the Doctor had been on in his little blue box. He told me of some of his adventures with Rose, like when he save Queen Victoria from a werewolf, which told me that he was slowly healing.

After a lot of stories, and kissing, my eyes drooped down and begged me for sleep. I obeyed, and dragged the Doctor to our bedroom, not even bothering to change into a sleepwear.

I practically jumped under the covers and pulled them up to my cheeks, warming up in the soft sheets. I let the Doctor wrap his arms around my waist again, and smiled in content.

"Goodnight, Doctor," I murmured into my pillow.

"Goodnight, my Gemstone," he whispered into my hair. "Tomorrow awaits," he loosened his grip ever so slightly as he fell asleep.

Tomorrow awaits, and I was thinking of visiting a hospital to investigate some plasma coils.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

169K 4.3K 24
#6 in #tenthdoctor She escaped the Time War. She stole a TARDIS and ran. She left everything behind. Her family, her friends, and her soulmate. She...
24K 423 47
*SEQUEL NOW OUT* Thought to have perished in the Great Time War, The Historian now resides on Earth with her closest friend, Henry, whom she rescued...
156K 5.3K 24
"I'm The Reader, I'm the last Time Lady from the planet of Gallifrey, I have travelled for over 1000 years, And I'm the words on the page you're to s...
2.2K 135 16
He is just a man with a box. A man with a terrible past. The one who has saved so many from a terrible fate now needs saving himself. Who will save t...