Leavin [Jesse McCartney fanfi...

By BigDreams91

Robin is best friends with Jesse McCartney and they've been best friends since they were in diapers. Just rec... More

Cold Night {1}
The Beach {2}
A Day In The Sun {3}
Love Revealed {4}
Confrontation {5}
Only One {6}
Together {7}
Confront {8}
Goodbye {9}

Date/Leavin {10}

1.4K 35 12
By BigDreams91

One week later

I was sitting in my house. The bathroom had seen better days. Mitch's girlfriend, Natalie, was over. She was always so cool.

She was like this big sister I never had.

I was sitting on the toilet while she messed with my hair.

"Natalie please, you are pulling my hair. Soon I won't have any left and it will be your entire fault."

She just chuckled. Natalie was a quiet person most of the time. She could do wonders with hair and make-up though, the girl had a gift.

I could hear footsteps coming closer to the bathroom. The door creaked open and standing in the door way was Mitch.

He was grinning at me.

"Oh stop smiling Mitchy. She's your girlfriend so you can get every bit as much of the torture that I have in mind for her. Trust me you will be begging for me to stop."

His smile turned into a smirk. I just huffed and rolled my eyes.

My mind began to wonder about what Jesse was up to right now. The boy was probably going nuts about what to wear.

He wanted this night to be special in so many ways. I was the luckiest girl on the planet to have a guy like him.

One that cared about what we did, who wanted to make sure I was having as much fun or more fun than he was.

He only seemed to care about my feelings and not his own. This meant I was constantly worrying about him and his feelings. I remember the day he asked me on this date.

The sky was so blue. The wind was cool and blowing calmly. I was breathing in the good day.

Jesse and I were sitting in a swing on his porch. I had my head resting on his shoulder while reading my book. I was at peace with the world.

Jesse was holding one of my hands and softly rubbing his thumb across my knuckles. His mind seemed far away though and I couldn't quite figure out why.

My thoughts didn't linger there for long. I peeked from my book toward his eyes. His eyes were starring right me.

His eyes were piercing mine, as if seeing to my very soul. I couldn't quite grasp the love inside them.

"Robin," he began.

I blinked out of the trance his eyes held me in.

"Yes, Jesse?"

He smiled but it was nervous. It still amazed me how he got so nervous around me still. I couldn't understand it. I guess I could in a way.

I got nervous around him, which is the reason why I never spoke my feelings earlier in our friendship.

We were always so close and so outspoken with each other but now that had changed. We got nervous around each other.

I never thought it was a bad thing though. I liked the butterflies I got in my stomach just thinking about him.

"Well I wanted to know..." he trailed off.

I rubbed my fingers over the top of his hand encouragingly. His lips curved into a smile and he brought my hand to his lips. His lips felt so soft on my skin.

He pressed a small kiss on the top of my hand. Then his eyes stared at my own. He looked confident now, more than I had ever seen him.

I figured it was because of the chill bumps I got when he kissed my hand.

"Robin, will you go on a date with me this Saturday?"

A grin came over my lips. I couldn't speak; suddenly nerves had taken their place in my system.

I nodded my head and then whispered, "Yes, of course."

He smiled widely. He leaned down toward my lips. His lips were so incredibly soft. He didn't try to stick his tongue in my mouth.

It was a simple kiss, filled with so much love.

That day had been so much more than I could have imagined. Jesse was so sweet. We were still best friends, so we still goofed around like little kids.

I was brought out of my day dream by Natalie.

"Well I think for the most part your hair is done."

I heard commotion downstairs and my younger brother Zach talking. My eyebrows knitted together, I was confused. Who could he have been talking to?

I heard running footsteps coming down the hall. The door banged against the wall and Zach was standing there.

"Mom and Dad are home."

My eyes widen. I didn't think they would be home yet. I was happy and excited though.

"Mom is coming upstairs now. She wants to talk to you."

I couldn't help but gulp. Did she know anything about Jesse and I? Did she even know about our date tonight?

Zach ran back out of the room. Natalie was putting the final touches on my hair. I could hear heels clicking on the floor as mom made her way to the bathroom.

The door slowly creaked open. I looked up at her. I had missed her so much. I had wanted her here to tell her everything. To have that mother, daughter talk about what has happened.

She smiled so brightly at me. I stared into her green eyes, which held so much motherly love and care inside. She walked in some more and her eyes trailed to my hair.

"Oh Natalie dear you have done such a wonderful job. Her hair is gorgeous."

I smiled. Natalie finally finished with my hair and then turned me toward the mirror.

It was done all neatly in a bun on the top of my head. There were small braids hanging down from it. I was grinning from ear to ear.

I turned around and gave Natalie the biggest hug. She almost fell from the force. She returned the hug and then stepped back.

She began getting her things out of the bathroom. I looked over at mom and she was waving me toward her.

I walked toward her and she began walking out of the room. I followed her curious about what she was up to. She walked in her and dad's room.

She pointed toward her bed as she walked toward her dresser. I took a seat being careful of my blue dress. Mom began rummaging through her jewelry.

"Your grandmother had given me these hair pins for the first date your father I had. She was going on and on about how we were this beautiful couple.

She thought I was so radiant but these pins made it even better. So as the generation hand down of these clips I give them to you.

So you can wear them tonight on your date. Then when you have your own daughter you can hand them down to her at the right moment."

She turned around and walked toward the bed. She sat down right beside me and opened her hand. Sitting in her hand were two hair clips. The clip itself was silver and there was light blue diamond or crystal flowers. It was so beautiful. I wanted to cry but I knew that it would ruin my make-up.

"Mom, how will I know when the time is right? For my daughter to have this."

I looked at my mom to see tears coming down her cheeks.

"Well Robin, honey, you will just know. I knew a long time ago when you and Jesse were just little kids that you were perfect for each other.

I remember when you would play together and all the other boys thought you had cooties. Jesse didn't care about that. He beat up any boy that hurt you because you were his friend.

You were special because you were his. His mom would call me sometimes late at night because Jesse had a bad dream that something had happened to you.

I had to calm him down a few times over the phone so he would go back to sleep. Sometimes it got so bad that I had to wake you earlier than normal.

He would be on speaker phone and he could hear your voice. He would know you were okay then with your grumpiness in the mornings."

I chuckled. I had no idea Jesse cared for me back then in that way.

"Well your grandma also thought I should start a new hand down. Something that we could start, she gave me this necklace that my father had given her. She said to hand it down to you when you found that love worth wild."

She placed the necklace around my neck before I even got a glance at it. Then she took the pins from my hands and then placed them in my hair.

"Now look in the mirror."

I took a deep breath. I stood to my feet and walked over to her mirror connected to her dresser.

I saw myself, beauty and everything. I was wearing a blue dress that tied around my neck to stay up. I had dark blue rose type earrings. My own blue and gold peace bracelet was on my wrist.

Sitting around my neck was this most beautiful necklace. It was a heart shaped blue diamond. It had little crystals on the side. I couldn't believe my mom was giving me all this stuff to wear.

"It looks so beautiful. How did you know about all this anyway mom?"

I looked at her in the mirror. She was giving me a smirk.

"I have my ways."

I just rolled my eyes and replied, "Mitch."

Out of the corner of my eye I saw her nod her head.

Suddenly the doorbell downstairs rang. The nerves had returned once again.

I felt so sick but I knew that this was a good thing. Nerves wouldn't be this bad if it wasn't. Mom pulled me away from the mirror.

The door suddenly came opened. Natalie was running in the room. She was holding a white sweater and sandal type shoes.

"Hurry put this on now."

Quickly I stuffed my feet in the shoes and my arms in the sweater. I turned around giving mom and Natalie time to look me over.

Mom was smiling and replied, "Oh my you look so beautiful."

I heard the door open and my father and Mitch urging Jesse in the house.

My heart was beating even faster now. I thought it was beating too fast and any minute I would pass out.

"Just relax Robin. Jesse loves you so much, so don't worry about it."

Natalie was giving me thumbs up. I took a deep breath and walked around them. I could hear mom and Natalie behind me as I made my way out of the room.

I approached the stairs and I could hear Mitch and Dad talking to Jesse. I was suddenly so embarrassed about my father and brother. This was Jesse for crying out loud, he would never hurt me in a million years.

Mom must have felt my discomfort so she put a hand on my shoulder and walked down the stairs first.

"I will get them away from Jesse. The two are just trying to give him a hard time."

I smiled, grateful for my mom. Her heels clicked on the stairs as she made her way down them. I couldn't completely hear them but then I heard my mom's voice.

"Okay Robin you can come down now. I got the two bullies away from your date."

I chuckled and released the breath I had been holding. Natalie was walking behind me, I guess to make sure I didn't slip in the shoes. The sandals were awfully slippery as I made my way down stairs.

I found Mitch, Zach, my dad, my mom, and Jesse all standing in the foyer. My eyes zoned in on Jesse though.

I took in his appearance.

He was wearing average clothes. He was wearing a pair black jeans with sandals on his feet. His shirt was this light blue that looked like it was something you wear to the beach.

It was kind of hot outside so I could imagine that he wanted to wear light clothing.

I watched his eyes look me up and down. It wasn't in a perverted way though. It was more in a loving way, like he was just trying to see what I was wearing.

His eye returned to my face and he gave me a smile.

I stepped off the last step on the stairs. I heard Natalie walk around me toward Mitch. I gave Mitch a smile, I was thankful for him telling mom.

I looked toward my mom. She and dad were standing side by side. Their hands intertwined at their sides.

My parents love was something I always envied. They were still as much in love as they had been when they were just dating. I wanted something like that but I knew sometimes it only comes once.

Jesse was my happily ever after, I hope. I loved him so much that I couldn't even think of losing him.

Jesse walked toward me and took my hand. He brought it up to his lips and kissed it. My cheeks inflamed, my family was standing right behind us.

"You look beautiful."

My cheeks were so red by this point. I could hear my mom's giggles behind me and my father clearing his throat.

"Well I hope the two of you have a great time," said my mom.

Jesse held my hand in his. I looked at my family. Natalie and Mitch were standing next to each other, Mitch hold her close. My parent's hands were still intertwined but now Zach was standing in between them.

Zach was showing thumbs up and grinning from ear to ear.

I kind of figured it was a good time as any to go ahead and leave.

"Mom, Jesse and I are going to good ahead and leave."

"Oh sure honey have a great time."

Jesse decided to be the gentleman he always is, "I will have her home by 9:30 tonight."

My father being the over protective nut had to have the last word, "You better."

***

He took us to a restaurant first. The main part of the building was made of tan colored brick and there were windows a couple feet apart.

He opened the door for me and held my hand as we walked inside.

The hostess was an older blonde woman around my mom's age. She looked nice but I couldn't really tell.

"Welcome to 'The Hub,' a place where beach and a romantic restaurant meet. Do you have a reservation?"

I peeked over at Jesse. He was smiling at the woman.

"Yes under McCartney."

I watched the woman drag her polished fingernail down the book. Her eyes scanned every name until her finger stopped.

"Oh yes. Here it is. One non-smoking table, outside."

Jesse nodded. The woman grabbed two menus and then told us to follow her.

We walked outside on the beach area. There were small beach type tables on sand. Each table had a small candle to give some dim lighting.

We sat down at a table close to the water. There was a gate around the seating area. We could feel the spray of the ocean.

Jesse pulled out my seat and I sat down. He took the seat beside me instead of across from me.

"Your waitress will be with you shortly."

She walked off. Jesse held my hand and was rubbing circles in my palm. I smiled at him. I was in paradise.

"I hope you like this place. I mean I made reservations way before I asked you. I kind of had to because this restaurant only lets you in with reservation."

I leaned over and pressed my lips to his cheek. He smiled at me and then his eyes looked away from me.

"Hi my name is Randal and I'll be your sever tonight. What can I get you to drink?"

I looked over at Jesse and he waved me to go first. I looked at the waitress. It was indeed a male and he was smirking at me.

"I'll have a Dr. Pepper."

His smirk widened.

"Sure thing, beautiful."

Jesse suddenly stiffened. I knew we weren't going to be staying here.

"I'll have a diet Pepsi."

The guy then decided to walk off. He was such a flirt.

I turned toward Jesse. He looked upset. I rubbed my thumb over his knuckles.

"Jesse how about we just leave and get some burgers?"

He looked at me but his expression was disappointed.

"I made these reservations for us though."

"Well Jesse I don't like the fact that our server is obviously flirting with me."

He sighed and took hold of my hand. He dropped a five on the table and pulled me up. We walked out of the restaurant toward his car.

We hopped in the car. He cranked the car and back out of the parking lot. We cruised down the road until he came to Arby's.

I smiled widely. He pulled into the drive through and ordered four roast beef sandwiches.

Jesse drove the car toward the beach now. I held the back of food as we pulled into the parking lot next to the beach. He cut the engine and then stepped out. He walked around to my door and opened it for me.

I took a hold of his hand and he pulled me from the car. He grabbed the bag from my hand. He held up a hand showing one finger.

He was telling me to give him a minute. He walked around to the back of the car. I heard him pop the trunk and then move stuff around.

Finally he closed the trunk and he came around. He was holding a blanket and something else but he was hiding it. He grinned and then waved a finger for me to follow him.

We walked along the beach until he stopped. He gave me the bag and then spread out the blanket. I saw the other thing he had gotten from the trunk. It was a light brown guitar. He sat the instrument on the blanket and then grabbed my hands. He pulled me toward the blanket and then he sat down as well.

He dropped the food from the bag onto the blanket. We opened our food and took a bite.

"So how is the date so far?"

I could tell he was worried that this wasn't turning out the way he envisioned it.

"Perfect. Matt never did stuff like this. He wouldn't have even left that restaurant, he would have told the guy off. I love this, just being here with you on the beach. This is my perfect date."

He was grinning.

"Good."

He sounded like a ton had been removed from his shoulders.

We sat in peace and quiet while we finished eating. Afterward, I was stuffed. The food had hit the spot so well. I leaned down to my shoes and then kicked them off. I laid down on the blanket and stared at the sky.

Jesse leaned back on the blanket and then I cuddled with him I laid my head on his chest and wrapped my arm around his torso.

He brought his arms around me and held me to him. I grinned. This was absolutely perfect, nothing could ruin my happiness.

His fingers came to my chin and then pulled my head up. He looked in my eyes and then his lips were on mine.

He kissed me with so much passion. His lips pecked at first and then his tongue brushed against my bottom lip.

I opened welcoming in his tongue. He rubbed against my tongue causing me to release a moan. I felt his hand on my sides rubbing up and down. He was slowly trying to get me to relax. I was relaxed though.

Jesse wouldn't hurt me though. He would never make me do something I never wanted to do. He pulled away from me and then stared into my eyes.

Now I was on my back with him on his side. He was just staring at me with so much love and attention.

He said, "I love you."

I grinned and answered, "I love you too."

We chuckled at each other. He then sat up and then grabbed the guitar. He stood to his feet and then found a log close by. He drugged the log closer to us and then sat down.

"Well this is a song I wrote for us; something that is, one hundred percent, our song. No one else can even claim it."

Hey baby girl, I've been watchin' you all day

Man that thing you got behind you is amazin'

You make me wanna take you out and let it rain

I know you got a man but this is what you should say

Why don't you tell him that I'm leavin', never lookin' back again

You found somebody who does it better than he can

No more makin' you cry, no more them gray skies

Girl, we flyin' on the G5, G5

And we're leavin' never lookin' back again

So call your shawty and tell him you found a new man

The one that's so so fly, the one that keep you high

Have you singin' all night night night

(Oh, oh, oh) Yeah (Oh, oh, oh)

Man she gon' be singin' (Oh, oh, oh)

She gon' be singin' like, oh oh oh (Oh, oh, oh)

Now if I talk it girl, you know that I'ma walk it out

Man I'll put my money money where my mouth is

'Cause you the baddest little thing that I've ever seen

So I'ma ask you one time if you got a man

Why don't you tell him that I'm leavin', never lookin' back again

You found somebody who does it better than he can

No more makin' you cry, no more them gray skies

Girl, we flyin' on the G5, G5

And we're leavin', never lookin' back again

So call your shawty and tell him you found a new man

The one that's so so fly, the one that keep you high

Have you singin' all night night night

(Oh, oh, oh) (Oh, oh, oh)

Man she gon' be singin' (Oh, oh, oh)

She gon' be singin', uh, she gon' be singin' (Oh, oh, oh)

She gon' be singin', girl, you gon' be singin'

Don't stress, don't stress, don't stress

Just tell him to the left left left

Don't stress, don't stress, don't stress

'Cause we gone and we gone and we gone

No stress, no stress, no stress

Girl, you deserve nothing but the best

No stress, no stress, no stress

Girl, you need to tell him

I'm leavin', never lookin' back again

You found somebody who does it better than he can

No more makin' you cry, no more them gray skies

Girl, we flyin' on the G5 G5

And we're leavin', never lookin back again

So call your shawty and tell him you found a new man

The one who's so so fly, the one that keep you high

Have you singin' all night night night night night

(Oh, oh, oh) (Oh, oh, oh)

Man she gon' be singin', oh (Oh, oh, oh)

Singin' all night, night, night, night (Oh, oh, oh)

(Oh, oh, oh) (Oh, oh, oh) Man she gon' be singin' (Oh, oh, oh)

She gon' be singin', uh, she gon' be singin' (Oh, oh, oh)

She gon' be singin', girl, you gon' be singin'

He was right it was our song. No one could take it from us. I knew we would have some bumps here and there but I didn't want to worry about that. I was just soaking up the moment and our time together. We were perfect for each other and nothing was going to take us away from each other, at least I hope.

_________________________________________________________________

There's a sequel already posted. This is the start of a short series of books.

#1 Leavin (Completed)

#2 Runnin (Completed)

#3 How Do You Sleep? (Coming Soon)

#4 Back Together (Coming soon)

Well here is her outfit for the date:

Robin: http://www.polyvore.com/leavin_first_outfit/set?id=10355289

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 486 19
When Ashley finally meets her best friend Rydel's family they become fast friends. Best friends tell each other everything, right? Wrong. She has a s...
396K 28.5K 61
Featured in wattpad India under Romance. *** An Indian girl travelled to New York with a dream to pursue her higher education, but what she didn't e...
1.9K 124 31
I'm battling with myself. I have been going through a lot. I have been getting hurt more often and caught myself crying, and losing people. Everythin...
50.6K 1K 21
Meet Celine Heartt: The 18 year old with a terrible past, secrets to hide and trust issues. Due to a bad relationship with her family, she can only t...