A Very Unlikely Tale // Loki

By Written_at_Wrandom

Loki, after helping Thor fight against the Dark Elves, is thrown back into his cell. However, peace on Asga... More

Intro: you're gonna get confused if you skip
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue.
Outro: announcements and future plans
Hello Again

Chapter 3

7.1K 396 50
By Written_at_Wrandom

   {edited}

   I force myself out of tale of Sleeping Beauty and cast a sideways glance at the little clock on my nightstand.  Forty-five minutes seem to have passed in the span of a second.

Somewhat reluctantly, I get up from my comfortable position and open a drawer of my small vanity.  Inside, the tiny shears shine just as much as they did when I bought them.  I run my fingers along the delicate designs as I make my way down the hall, grabbing a cup of water and a cloth before I reach my destination.

Raising my knuckles in the air, I give the door a few sharp knocks. "Loki?" I call, "If you're decent knock twice."

As I wait for a response, I hear a bit of shuffling behind the door. 

Shortly, I hear two quick raps on what I assume is the headboard of the bed.

Suddenly feeling quite nervous, I take a reassuring breath and push open the door.  He's sitting on his bed rubbing a wash rag gingerly over the painful looking stitches. I notice he had changed into a pair of John's old dress pants, but still dons the same shirt he arrived in.

I mentally slap myself when I remember the obstruction of his shackles.

He does not look at me, even when I move to where I'm standing right in front of him. 

"Hey, Loki?" I say timidly.

Nothing.

"....Loki?"  I ask a little louder.

Not even a glance.

I chuckle a little as he blocks me out. He's going to learn very quickly that messing around is not a good idea.

I clear my throat, "I can see you're busy. I was going to do you a favor but if you're going to ignore me regardless then I suppose there's no point," I pause, snipping the scissors in my hand for emphasis. At the sound, his head snaps up and he looks at me incredulously. 

I smirk at the god and begin to make my way back out of his room, "I'll just leave you alone."

The moment I take a step, however, he catches my arm and a muffled, almost strangled noise escapes from his sealed lips. In that instant, as he spins me around to face him, I feel an overwhelming amount of pity for him. I know I can not show it. He doesn't want pity. I wouldn't either.

Instead, I roll my eyes and meet his, "It's gonna be awfully boring if I'm stuck with you for any amount of time and you can't say anything-" I break off, remembering something, "Loki, would you kindly let go of my arm?"

At the request, he drops my elbow, his brow furrowing as I continue, "There's a phrase here on Earth. 'Silence is Golden.' Well, let me tell you that I've been here long enough to know that's not necessarily true." I grin at the confused Loki, "Something tells me you agree."

I gesture back to the bed, "So is there any way you want to do this? Sitting down, laying down, standing, whatever makes it easier." I look at him expectantly.

His head tilts in a what-are-you-talking-about kind of way and I realize I should clarify.

"Oh! Stitches. Sorry."

With a slight shake of the head, he sits down on the side of the bed, gesturing to the spot next to him. I sit down, and he turns to face me.  Reaching for the cup, I dampen the rag and begin to try and soften the blood that had crusted around the thread.  When it is clear that I have done what I can in that area, I reach for the scissors.

I cup his chin in my free hand to keep his head steady and begin to work the tiny shears through the tight stitching between his lips.  As I cut the last thread, Loki tries to move his jaw.

"Not yet.  I'm sure it's gotta feel great to be free of it and all, but I still have to get the thread out of there.  I'm sorry.  Just a little longer."

He nods a little.

"Deep breath. This is gonna hurt."

He rolls his eyes at me, imitating my actions earlier.

I glare at him for a split second before I start the painstaking process of removing the thread, wincing when he does, but not apologizing. 

Finally, I pull out the last thread and Loki lets out an audible sigh of relief. 

With nothing left to do, I begin to feel a little uncomfortable, "Can you clean up by yourself?"

He takes the rag and water from me.

As he starts to collect the tiny pieces of thread, I remember that this man hasn't eaten in who-knows-when, " Oh! My room is two doors down on the right.  Knock when you're ready for something to eat." 

He nods at me and I see him glancing around the room, as if he's just now noticing he's inside a living treehouse.

I grin at him, "I hope you like green, Loki. There's a lot of it here."

As I reach for the door, ready to get back to my book, I hear,

"I like green."

I smile in spite of myself.

"I like green too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.5K 2.3K 20
"Loki could just let her die here and now. His problems would be solved and he could go back to his usual ways. But then he would forever be left wit...
40.2K 886 11
Life as the Princess of Asgard can be quite challenging, especially when you are expected to behave ladylike.But Tyara has never been the one for suc...
330K 8.8K 37
[EXPLICIT] If you are a fan of the Avengers movies and/or Norse lore, I'm sure you will find a fairly awesome story between all the smut. He put a...
43.5K 1.6K 11
LOKI X READER - A SLOW-BURN ROMANCE & DARK FANTASY CHARACTER-DRIVEN STORY - COMPLETED You and your family are unexpectedly invited to a celebratory f...