Surviving the Hunt

By Lynnlie

In 2021, an event has taken place in the gamers' world . . . The Hunt. It is the one and only tournament comp... More

Surviving the Hunt: Preface
Surviving the Hunt: Chapter I - Questions?
Surviving the Hunt: Chapter III - Why Me?!
Long Time No See

Surviving the Hunt: Chapter II - Welcome To . . .

64 2 0
By Lynnlie

Chapter II - Welcome To . . .

For me, waking up on weekdays in the morning isn't that hard with the impending thought of being late and getting detention. Waking up on the weekends, now that is a whole different story, since it's really hard for me to wake up in the early morning. Every time on the weekends I either wake up at eleven or twelve. Long time to be asleep isn't it? Well, for some reason, this Saturday, it was certainly easy for me to wake up. Guess what the reason was? . . . Sean.

My bed was super comfy and soft. I could just lay there all day, but apparently I couldn't. I felt something poking against the side of my right hip which caused me to jolt and roll away to the left side. Again, I felt the poking and I rolled just a little bit more to the left. Apparently, that little bit, was also a bit too much. I ended up rolling out the edge of the bed, my back falling on the hard carpeted floor.

A loud 'umph' came out of my mouth as my back made contact on the floor. By now, I was awake as I could ever be. I sat up from the floor and looked around my room. On the other side of the room was Sean, laughing his head off as he leaned against the cloudy blue walls. While rubbing my back from the pain, I stood up and glared at Sean. He noticed this and stopped laughing abruptly. I sighed, to tired to actually shout at him 'til he cowers in fear, instead I chose to whine.

"Why are you waking me up," I whined in a really high pitched but depressing voice.

"We're going somewhere."Just five minutes ago I thought that I couldn't be anymore awake than I already was, but apparently I was totally wrong.

"What do you mean by 'we're' going somewhere'?" I said, using my hands to put air quotes as I said 'we're'.

He just shrugged as if it was nothing and said, "You'll find out," with a really self-conceited smirk.

"No, I don't want to know or do I even want to go anywhere on a weekend." I walked over to my bed and plopped down on it, half of my body out the edge. It started to feel uncomfotable when my feet started to fall to the prickly, hard carpet, so I just crawled a little more until my body was on the bed entirely. I heard Sean tsk-ing at me, the type of tsk-ing you would do when a little kid hurts themselves while doing something that they weren't suppose.

"Nuh-uh, little sis, we need to leave before eleven and do you know what time it is?" It was obvious from his voice that he was frowning and annoyed.

"Ummm . . . six in the morning," I suggested but it came out more like, "Ummm . . . Sif in da borming."

"Nope, wrong," he poped the 'p' in the 'nope' as he said it, "It's ten, so you need to get up now!" The blanket underneath me was suddenly tugged and I rolled over off the edge, again. Then, I stood up, fuming at my somewhat smart but slow-witted brother, deciding that this was the last straw.

I grabbed the nearest stuff toys that I could find and threw all fo them at him at him one by one with each sentence I finished. Mind I tell you that you would not beleive the amount of plush toys I had. If you piled them up, they would certainly rival a three story house. "What the heck is wrong with you? Can't you see that I just want to sleep!? If you hadn't woken me up I would be already kissing this random hot guy from my dream! But no, you had to go ahead and poke 'til I fell off the bed didn't you!? Are you happy now? 'Cause I'm awake as I can ever be?!" By this time he was backing away to the door as he laughed at my little tantrum.

Finally, he was gone and on the other side of the door, but not without saying, "You'll give in, so If you need me I'll be in the kitchen."

I decided that I should just sleep again, but after ten minutes on the bed, rolling around, and not being able to go back to sleep, I gave up on sleep and went to take a shower. In twenty minutes, I finished taking a bath and dressing up, so I headed into the kitchen. 

"Fine, I give in I'm coming with you to wherever you're going," I said out loud to only find myself alone in the kitchen. "Um, bro, where are you?"

"In the living room," a voice that came from behind me said. I turrned around and walked over to where Sean was. he was watching some show I didn't know.

"So, where are we going anyway?"

"Like I said earlier, you'll find out." I groaned and walked over to the couch that Sean was sitting on, plopped right down on it. I hate the sunspense of waiting for something.

"I thought we needed to leave now, so why are you watching TV."

"Oh yeah, we have to stop over by Drew's place." Drew? Why Drew's? Why are we going to stop by there? Sean stood up from the couch and walked over to the wall where there were hooks on it. On those hooks were keys, house and car keys to be exact. "C'mon, lil sis, we gotta go." Ugh! Right after I just comfortably seated myself on this couch. I lazily stood up and followed him out the door and to his car. 

The drive was really short, since Drew just lived ten minutes away from our place. We walked to the front door, and, as if Drew knew we were there, he was already at the door.

"Welcome to my humble abode!" He bowed and I just rolled my eyes.

We walked in and everyone was there; Flick, Ryan, Evan, and Pierce.  The twins were talking about who was the better gamer. Stupid, just plain stupid. Then there was Flick doing an even more stupid thing. He was putting chips on top of Pierce's hair saying, "Don't move Pierce, I want to see if I can balance chips on top of this spikey head of yours." If you're wondering what Pierce was doing . . . well, Pierce, was just as clam as ever, as if he didn't care what Flick was doing at all. What he was doing was relaxing in the recliner chair while using Drew's laptop.

I walked over to teh sofa that Evan and Ryan were at and sat down. "So . . ." All four of them stopped at what they were doing as if they just noticed I was here. Since Flick lost his concentration the chip on top of Pierces head fell down with a small little crack. Sean and Drew, though, were chtting with each other and their faces looked serious. Hmm . . . I wonder what they're talking about. I suddenly heard Flick crying out to the heavens, "No! No! No!" as he knelt down on the floor. This caused me to divert my attention back to the four. They were staring at me, waiting for my next words. Except for Flick that is. "Do you guys know where we're going?"

"Sean hasn't told you yet?" Ryan spole up. Evan, who was right next to him, was shaking his head from side to side. As he did so, he clicked his tongue in disagreement.

 "Seriously, Ryan? Of course Sean hasn't told her yet. If he did she wouldn't be asking in the first place, duh," Evan remarked while he lightly knocked on Ryan's chest. 

"Well sorry for wondering," Ryan spat back. 

"Okay, c'mon guys, calm the heck down. So, is anyone going to tell me?" I asked. they all looked at each other, even Flick who finally finished say 'No! No! No!' over and over again, and smirks grew across their faces. Oh no, not again. As they opened their mouths the two exact word that I expected they would say came out. 

"You'll see." For about the second or third time today, I groaned  in annoyance. 

"Oh, c'mon, give me a break. Can't you guys at least give a tinsy winsy itsy bitsy hint?"

"You'll see," they all said again simultaneously.

I sighed in defeat. "Fine. Hide it from me, but make sure you watch your backs. I'm coming for you guys," I said as I did that eye to eye thing that indicated 'I'm watching you'.

By this time, Drew and Sean were finished with their serious talk and joind in the little group chat. For the next thirty minutes of so, we just chatted, fooled around, or watched some random show on TV. By the end of those thirty minutes, we left Drew's place and were off to wherever we were going. Like I would know anyway.

An hour passed already and all that I have seen were cars, roads, trees, and grass. Sigh . . . what boring scenery. Then, a few minutes passed and after the long semi-straight drive we finally took a turn to the left. What I saw then was just amazing. 

 We were in the middle of a parking lot, and right in the middle of the parking lot, there was a huge dome! About the size of a football field. There were cars parked all over the place, and at the front of the dome, there were people crowding at the entrance, eager to get in. It's as if there was a big event. Wait a minute . . . a big event . . . wasn't there supposed to be one today? I racked my brain and tried to remember. Bing! It was as if a lightbulb lit up, and I came up with the answer.

"Oh no, this beter not be where I think we are," I said cautiously.

"Well, where do you think we are?" Flick asked.

"Um, you know, that big event."

"Well, you are right little sis," Sean confirmed my thoughts.

"Welcome to . . .  The Hunt." Those four word were the beginning of something so exciting yet so frightening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The game is starting! What will be instore for Shane??? Mwahahahaha. STAY TUNED XD

Comment,

Vote,

&

Fan!

*~Elynn~*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2M 201K 31
After she tragically loses her mother, Cassie turns to street fighting-but she soon learns that the biggest fights happen outside the ring. ...