For the Love of Magic

By Rosewood7

"We have a new student in our class today," he announces. I see Jaz's face light up at the prospect of being... More

Wizards Warlocks and Witches
Dominico Redwind: Friend or Fiend?
Marco Polo: Magic Edition
Fighting Warlocks for Dummies
Jack Always Seemed So Happy When He Came Out Of The Box!
Now I see his point....being in the dark sucks!
From the hospital bed to the crypt
Metal bars and Magic cars
What Idiot Doesn't Like Disney Songs?
100% Chance of Hugs and Tales
Kindergarten life decisions and Glittery Games
A day accompanied by Dominico Redwind and a lot of head pain
Scary Yoda Mode: On
One big reason to not get caught up in politics
Faye and Ryan, Presenting YOU with YOUR Daily Dose of Weirdness
The Warlock
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.
That's it. I HATE psychopathic wizards. ESPECIALLY when they're out to get me.
Double Trouble With a Shot of Sugar
How To Spend A Snow Day for Dummies
Christmas and the Chaos that Goes With it
Shakespeare in real life sucks
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
That Jobberknowl Romeo's Plan
Not exactly happily ever after.... but it works
Epilogue
Epilogue II
EXTRA CHAPTERS!

Pink, Luck, Rainbow-Barfing Butterflies, Dates, and other Abnormalities

1.1K 65 17
By Rosewood7

Hey guys! What's up? I'M UPDATING EARLY! Why? Oh, I had to take a little trip to the ER and am off school for two days. Yeah. I got a really dizzy and then went temporarily blind and at the same time contracted strep throat. Fun. On the upside I'm updating! Yeah... Oh, this chapter is dedicated to a very special person who gave her older sister back the computer and I promised to dedicate this chapter to her. So that is the reason why this chapter exists at all. READ THIS SO WE CAN ALL GET TO THE BIG ACTION CHAPTERS AFTER THIS!!! <3 vote comment and follow!

Magically yours,

Rosewood7

***********************************************************************************************/

​"FAYELEIA ANASTACIA LIGHTCASTER!" I hear a yell from down the hall as I open my locker at the beginning of the day. It's not even first period! I can't have made anyone mad yet. I haven't killed anyone... I haven't put whipped cream on anyone's hand.... What's their problem?

​"What did I do this-" I turn around and see Dominico, looking about to murder to me... and dressed head to toe in a bubblegum shade of pink. I take in his appearance for a long second. Then I rub my eyes. The pink's not going away. I break down laughing. I hold the door of my locker for support as tears start falling from my eyes.

​"You're going to pay for this," he growls at me. I gasp for air.

​"As flattered as I am that you think that this master plan was mine, it wasn't." I admit to him. "But I want to congratulate whoever did this because..." I trail off as I start to laugh again.

​"Wait- it wasn't you?" he asks, astounded.

​"No! I was going to do this to you one April Fool's Day. Someone must have stolen my idea. Darn," I say, regaining my composure and grabbing my books.

​It's our second week back from break and so far there's no sign of P. Dominico and I have been getting together every day, trying to figure out his name but so far all we have is P_ _ _ _ _ _. Not very much progress if you ask me.

​"Who else would do this?" Dominico asks. I shrug.

​"Besides myself, Alec, Rose, Izabella, the twins, Ryan, Jaz... who wouldn't do this?" I say. I notice people staring and pointing as they pass by us. Wow, people can actually see us today!

​"Hey, wouldn't this be the best day to use your Ignore-Me stuff?" I ask him. He grits his teeth, glaring at me.

​"I can't," he says.

​"Why not?" I ask, confused.

​"You know how there are all those studies on how color affects your mood?" he asks.

​"Change the subject, why don't you?" I ask sarcastically.

​"I wasn't. The colors warlocks are wearing is influential on their magic. If I was wearing all blue then I could just make people calm or think that I'm calm or sad or an emotion linked with the color I'm wearing," he explains.

​"What's pink?" I ask.

​"Questioning, flirtatious, annoying and giddy," he mumbles.

​"So why do you always wear black?"

​"Black is a mixture of every color so it's everything. Warlocks can use their magic to influence any emotion when they're wearing black," he explains. OOOOOoooooohhh.

​"So you're not Goth?" I ask him. He looks at me questioningly,

​"You seriously thought that I've only been wearing black by choice this whole time? I do like black and all but that doesn't mean I would never wear any other color if I had the choice!" he says.

​"Oops. Come on, Pinkie. This little Warlock Social Studies lesson is going to make us late for our actual Social Studies lesson," I say, shutting my locker and pulling him down the hall. Jaz spots us and walks with us, after taking a picture of Dominico on her phone as she is cracking up. Dominico deletes it but luckily she sent it to me first. People laugh and take pictures of Dominico, probably posting them on mass social media sites, the whole way down the hallway. Jaz and I aren't much help, we just try our best to stay out of the pictures and not to laugh... we fail at both.

​Dominico makes an attempt halfway through our social studies lesson to shut everyone up but when he does everyone's hands shoot up in the air with a question for the teacher, me included. The bell rings and Dominico is swarmed by a crowd of laughing students. To my surprise a guy comes up to me.

​"Hey, I are you new?" he asks me. He has brown hair like my own and green eyes. He's about 6'0". I've seen him around before but I've never heard his name.

​"Umm..." Awkward, "no. I've lived here my whole life," I say. He looks confused.

​"Oh. I just moved here this year. I don't recall ever seeing you before," he says. Well, with my warlock friend's ignore-me spell encompassing me since the second month of school, seeing me is a difficult task sometimes.

​"Hmm... invisibility. I've always wanted a superpower," I say with a smile to him. He laughs and holds out a hand.

​"I'm Damion," he says.

​"Faye," I say, shaking his hand.

​"Could I walk you to your next class?" he asks. I smile at him.

​"Sure." I say lamely. "See you in fourth, Jaz!" I call to her before leaving. She waves and I see Dominico send me an ice glare. Probably for ditching him with the crowds of taunting students. He has Rosaline and Jaz, he'll be fine. I talk with Damion all the way to my next period before saying goodbye. We don't have any other classes near each other so he promises to look for me at lunch.

​I approach Rosaline after second period, after all our schedules are identical. Haha. Very funny, counseling office. You crack me up. She gives me a disgusted look when she sees me.

​"Um...hi," I say, freaking out under her glare. She gives me the I-can-see-into-your-soul feeling with those black eyes. She starts to walk away so I just blurt out my question. "Were you the one who died Dominico's clothes?" She stops to glare at me again.

​"And what if I was?" she growls.

​"Uh, I was just going to say good job. It's hilarious. But, yeah, um... bye!" I say, quickly gathering my books.

​"You're really scared of me, aren't you?" she asks, smiling a little but not cruelly.

​"No," I shake my head. "I'm not very good at telling people's feelings but I know when I'm not wanted. I hate that feeling." I tell her. "And I like my blood in my veins," I add as an afterthought. She actually laughs.

​"I'm not going to suck your blood," she assures me. I let out a loud breath of relief. Vampires actually don't drink people's blood often. They only need blood at all because of the sugar in it. Some vampires used to drink animal blood but when they realized that it was way easier to just eat pure sugar, they altered their diets gradually to the one and only Pixie Stix. They claim that they have more of a variety of flavors and work just as well as human blood.

"Is that really all you were worried about?" she asks me, confused. I shake my head.

"No, I mean- I didn't want you to hate me and it's pretty obvious that you do. I just don't really feel like making you hate me worse or anything. I'm not trying to take Dominico away from you or anything you know. You've been his friend forever. You two will always be close. We're just friends," I tell her honestly. Her eyes soften a bit.

"I know. It is kind of weird though, seeing him with other people. He really has only ever hung out with Alec and me. Oh, and sorry for copying your idea. Lady Fairchild told me your thoughts while you were in the maze," she apologizes I wave it off.

"I just wanted to see him humiliated, being the good friend I am. You pulled it off perfectly," I say with a smile.

"He hasn't figured out it was me yet, has he?" she asks. I shake my head.

"No, I think he's a little 'dusty in the attic' if you know what I mean," I say. She laughs and we both hurry to our class before we're both late. Wow, I just got through a civil discussion with Rosaline. THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!!! I find myself smiling in class, a feat that I rarely do. Today must be my lucky day.

First, Rosaline pranked Dominico who is now wearing all pink, then I got noticed by a nice guy and THEN I had a civil conversation with Rosaline! It's a day of miracles!

Damion calls to me before I enter the lunch room and I wait up for him, smiling before we both start small talking. He walks me up to the cafeteria doors before I hear an angry voice behind me.

"HEY FREAK!" We both turn around along with almost everyone else standing in the premise. Why do we all answer to that name? Oh yeah, because Vance Fredrick is yelling it. His gaze is concentrated right on me. "Where have you been hiding you little freak?" Vance asks as he comes up to me.

"No where, I've been here this whole time. You were just too stupid to look past your own nose," I shoot back at him. Damion looks nervous next to me, shifting from foot to foot uneasily. Vance's face fills with furry.

"No I wasn't you little liar!" was his genius response.

"Stop calling me little. One, I'm almost as tall as you. Two, it's rude. The expression is 'vertically challenged'. And three, no matter what I am at least I'm not as pathetic as a quivering idiot like you," I reply.

"OOOHHH!!!" s sound from throughout the small crowd. Damion looks totally terrified to be standing in the presence of the King of Rockyglenn High. I notice him try to inch away from me. Coward! I don't stop him.

"You're going to pay for that!" One of Vance's cronies yell at me, raising up his fists.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" I hear a voice call. Dominico pushes through the crowd to stand by my side. Vance and his buddies start laughing.

"Or what, Pinkie?" Vance asks. "You'll girl-ify us to death?" More laughter.

"You're so clever," I snap sarcastically at Vance. "I know two seven year olds and if I said they were as smart as you, I'd be insulting them. You just have a lot of puppy dogs following you around and you think you're so amazing." His cronies faces turn beat red.

"Now you're going to get it!" a particularly big one yells, rushing towards me from behind and taking me by surprise as his fist slams into my ribs causing a sickening crack. I fall into Dominico who swiftly catches me, keeping me from falling.

"HEY YOU-" Dominico is about to lunge forward at the guy before a strong pair of arms grab both of us.

"Hey, Dominico, my man! Faye! You're here too! Cool, yo Vance I'm going to just steal away my two friends here real fast! See you later bro!" he calls, dragging us away from the crowd.

"Alec! What are you doing!" Dominico roars.

"Thanks, Alec," I mumble.

"I'm saving you two from getting your faces beaten in! And you're welcome," he says, responding to both of us. He lets go of our arms once we're safely away from the crowd.

"Ugh! It was such a good day until that loon showed up," I grumble in frustration.

"Speak for yourself," Dominico groans. "This is why I always wear black." Oh. So it was Dominico keeping Vance Fredrick from beating the pulp out of me this whole time... wait didn't he hate me for a long while in Vance's furry fest? He's been protecting me for this whole time?

I realize that Alec is leading us down to the nurse's office. Smart vampire. "How does your rib feel?" Alec asks me.

"It's fine," I reply. Alec looks up at Dominico for a second.

"She won't admit it until she's lying on her death bed," Dominico explains.

"NOT TRUE!" I argue loudly.

"Remember when-"

"Whoa now, no need to bring out evidence or anything fancy now," I cut him off. He shakes his head at me.

"You're impossible, Faye." he says. I shake my head.

"No just improbable." We reach the nurses office and Alec volunteers to go inform our friends that we're not dead. Dominico stays with me as the nurse surveys my wound which I 'got from falling into a desk.' She buys the lie so she's obviously either really stupid or she really doesn't care. In the end I just have a slight crack, nothing major. She recommends icing it and then goes off to deal with a student who is obviously trying to get out of his next class.

"You shouldn't have provoked him," Dominico says, sitting in the chair next to my cot.

"I know. He just annoys me so much. I don't like people who think they can just walk all over everyone else," I say. He nods.

"I didn't say I didn't understand why you did," he assures me. "But it's not healthy to pick fights with large groups when you're by yourself." he says.

"I wasn't by myself," I say stubbornly.

"I came at the end," he says.

"I was actually walking with someone before too. He left though when Vance's cronies started getting restless," I explain.

"He left you by yourself? That jerk!" Dominico exclaims, annoyed. I shrug.

"Oh well. I'll add him to the long list," I say, closing my eyes, not caring too much. I just met him, so I'm not going to be upset over him.

"FAYE YOU IDIOT!" I hear Jaz's yell. My eyes pop open just as Jaz crushes me and my cracked bone in a killer hug. Dominico freaks out about my injury, quickly getting her off of me and explaining that I'm injured. He makes it seem so much worse than it actually is.

"I'm fine," I assure Jaz and the rest of my friends who have all followed her into the room. Ryan shakes his head at me.

"You did this on purpose to get out of the movie tonight didn't you?" he asks.

"What are you- OH YEAH! Oops, was that today?" I ask. Melissa and Jaz were dragging me, Ryan and Will to a cheesy chick flick movie. I don't want to go because it's a chick flick and I feel like I'm intruding on their group date since they were planning asking Izabella and James to go to. Although Alec, Rosaline and Dominico were also going to be invited, I was told. When my brain focuses back on the nurse's office setting I'm in, I see Jaz in the process of inviting everybody. Izabella signs up right away although Will seems to share me and the rest of the guys' view of the movie genre.

"I'VE BEEN WANTING TO SEE THAT MOVIE!" Rosaline exclaims with an amazing amount of excitement. She quickly accepts. Alec accepts too but more cool and collected than Rose.

"Do I have to go?" I complain and gesture to my rib, "Look! I'm wounded! And dying!" Ryan and Jaz shoot me hard looks to shut me up. "How about I go for the pizza and then go see that new alien movie instead? Just for the movie part! We can't even talk in the theatre anyway!" I argue. Melissa huffs.

"Fine," she concedes. "BUT ONLY if you dress up just a LITTLE bit tonight. Meaning you have to change clothes and..."

"Do makeup and use a brush...yeah I get it. Thank you!" I exclaim.

"Wait are you talking about that 'XX Quarantined' movie?" Dominico asks. I nod. "That looks so good! Mind if I come?" he asks. I point to our lovely group of friends.

"You have to get their permission. It's scary asking them for anything," I mockingly warn him. Before Dominico can even ask, Alec answers.

"Only if you get all your homework done and eat your vegetables and promise to start brushing your teeth..." he says in a high pitched voice. All of us, including Dominico, start cracking up.

"So where to and what time?" Izabella asks Jaz.

"7:00 at Pizza Paradise," Jaz tells her. "We'll go to the movie from there."

The nurse comes back into the room and shoos away everyone except for Dominico (because he claims to have a KILLING headache) and tells them to get to class. Dominico and I get the rest of the day off, lounging in Nurse Parc's office and talking about other alien movies. He's much more relaxed now than he was before.

"Did you talk to Rose today?" he asks before the last bell rings. I nod.

"Yeah, why?" I ask.

"She said some...odd stuff today that she wouldn't usually say. And she wasn't trying to use laser vision on you," he notes.

"Yeah. She promised she'd never suck my blood," I say with a triumphant smile. He laughs.

"That would be bad. I would never have the satisfaction of seeing your girlie blush!" I feel one of the said girlie blushes creep into my cheeks.

"Shut up," I growl at him. He throws his head back and laughs full heartedly. I hear the bell ring and Dominico stands up, leaving me behind.

"See you tonight!" he says, still chuckling.

"Yeah, hope you can find something less FLIRTATIOUS to wear!" I call, referencing his warlock color chart. Now it's his turn to blush.

"Shut up, witch," he says, angrily.

"Anything for you, warlock," I say with a mocking smile, striding confidently past him with a wink. He shakes his head with a laugh.

******************************************************************************************

I show up at Pizza Paradise at 6:58 and I see Mrs. Redwind's minivan being driven by Izabella with Alec, Rosaline and Dominico in tow. We're the last ones there and Jaz had already called for a table.

"Hey," I say to the group getting out of the van before walking with them inside.

"Faye! You look great!" Izabella squeals, jumping out and giving me a hug.

"I was worried that they wouldn't let me see the other movie if I didn't dress up," I admit. I'm not overly dressed up, I just have on a pair of black skinny jeans with thin black boots, a green long sleeved shirt with a small white lace vest over top. I don't have on much makeup at all but I actually straightened my hair and pinned it away from my face with bobby pins. Just for an added touch I wore the necklace Dominico gave me with a rose quartz heart on it.

"Well you are approved," Izabella announces, leading all of us inside. As soon as we enter, Gil Bill calls us over to the table with everyone else. Like Izabella, Jaz and Melissa both approve of my outfit, allowing me to go to the alien movie. Gosh, its like having 4 moms. I sit down in between Dominico and Ryan at the table, everyone starts talking to their girl/boyfriend except for Dominico, Alec, Rosaline and me. The downsides of being single.

"So, how are you?" I ask Dominico, breaking the slightly awkward silence between us. He smiles.

"Great. Especially because I thought I'd be going to the alien movie alone. You look really nice," he compliments me. I feel myself blush slightly and he raises an eyebrow at my blush.

"There's the girlie blush I know and-"

"You have an even more girlie blush Dominico so shut it," I shoot at him. He's not wearing pink anymore but he's not wearing all black either. He has black jeans with a blue shirt and a black hoodie.

"I do not have a girlie blush," he deadpans

"Oh please, you light up like Rudolf's nose," I scoff. As if on cue, his face turns red. I quickly whip my phone out and snap a picture of his face. "Tell me THAT is not a super girlie blush," I say, showing him the picture.

"No fair!" he argues.

"No fair what? Did I inject your cheeks with extra blood or something?" I ask him.

"Yes," he childishly responds.

"You're impossible," I groan. He smiles brightly at me.

"No, just improbable," he replies. Ugh! He's using my own words against me. A waiter comes over and takes our pizza order. A while later the pizza comes and we all start to scarf it down.

"Crap! We only have 10 minutes before the movie!" Jaz exclaims.

"Movie time... I think I forgot about that part," I mumble. I hope it's not sold out or anything.

"I figured," Dominico says and hands me a ticket for a show starting in 40 minutes and getting out a half hour after the others'.

"You're a lifesaver! I'll pay you back," I say, reaching for my small wallet. Dominico gently takes my wrist to stop me.

"Don't worry about it," he says. I shake my head.

"You seriously don't have to pay for my ticket," I argue.

"I know. My pleasure. It's fine," he assures me. I hesitate before conceding.

"Well thank you," I say shyly. He smiles.

"Anything for you," he says with a flirtatious wink. I laugh.

"Hey! That's my job!" Alec complains.

"Don't worry, Alec. You will always be the guy I think of when I hear cheesy flirting," I say.

"HA!" Alec yells in Dominico's face. Dominico just shakes his head,

"Don't you need to be leaving now?" he asks.

"WE'RE LATE!" Jaz and Rosaline wail. Dominico and I wave at them as they drag everyone out of the restaurant, leaving us alone.

"Run like the wind, Bull's Eye," I hear Dominico mutter under his breath as he watches them run and leave. I can't help but start laughing. Did he just quote Toy Story?

"It was a good movie!" he argues.

"I'm not disagreeing," I say, when I finish laughing. "I just never thought I hear you quote it."

"I'm full of surprises," he says with a shrug. I smile.

"I know! You're not wearing all black by choice!" I enthuse. "Blue's a good color on you.''

"Thanks, I like your eyes green. It reminds me of when we met." I laugh and shake my head.

"I can't believe you actually bought that washing machine lie," I say. He sighs.

"It was so obvious in hindsight," he says. I nod.

"It really was," I agree.

"You say that like you don't miss super obvious things ALL. THE. TIME." Dominico says.

"What do you mean?" I ask. He smiles and I know I've proven his point. "Is it the other girl you have a crush on?" I ask. He shakes his head.

"I never said I had a crush on another girl," Dominico says. My mouth falls open wordlessly.

"Yes you did!" I exclaim after regaining my voice. He shakes his head.

"I just said I had a crush on a girl," he says.

"Same difference," I say. He shakes his head.

"Nope," he says. I decide to drop it.

"So what do you want to do for the next half hour?" I ask him.

"What do you want to be real that isn't?" he asks out of nowhere.

"Talking turtles with rainbow shells that can fly, why?" I ask.

"Favorite football team?"

"Michigan Wolverines," I say automatically.

"Acoustic or electric songs?"

"Acoustic."

"Kangaroos or Koala Bears?"

"Koala Bears. Why are you asking these questions?" I ask. He shrugs.

"Because I wanted to know. Any questions for me?" he asks.

"Team Edward or Team Jacob?" I ask. He stares at me blankly.

"What did you just ask me?"

"Are you on Team Edward or Team Jacob. Don't act like you don't know where it's from. I'm sure you've seen Twilight," I say. Dominico huffs.

"Team Jacob," he responds. I laugh. "Would you rather date Vance Fredrick or Jabba the Hut?" he asks. I wrinkle my nose.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but, probably Vance Fredrick," I say, disgusted. Dominico laughs at my expression.

"Ultimate personality question of all: Chocolate or vanilla?" I ask.

"Chocolate!" he answers. I take his hand and shake it.

"Congratulations. You passed." We go on like that for a while before he asks me,

"Would you rather be on time or late for a movie?"

"On time, obviously."

"Then we OBVIOUSLY need to leave now," he says. I check my phone for the time and jump out of my seat and we both leave the paid bill and race to Ol' Rusty. We get to the theatre with only five minutes to spare. Dominico screams the lyrics to '1985' the whole way there, causing me to laugh hysterically at his awful singing voice. We skip the popcorn, having just ate, and hurry into the theatre that is COMPLETELY empty.

"Huh. And I was worried about it selling out," I state to the empty seats.

"Well, pick a seat," Dominico says, gesturing to our abundance of options. I choose two seats in the center of the theatre on the row just behind the metal bar. It makes a good foot rest. The lights dim and the movie starts.

"I guess we don't have to worry about disrupting anyone," Dominico states as the opening scene shows.

"This feels so weird," I say, looking at all the seats. An alien pops out onto the screen suddenly with a loud crescendo of music and both of us jump and I accidentally let a small squeak escape my lips. Dominico laughs.

"Shut up. You jumped too," I grumble.

"You have the cutest scream!" he exclaims. I feel my cheeks burn red.

"That wasn't my scream," I mumble. We lean back and watch the movie in almost silence except our constant,

"You idiot! Don't go in there! It's behind you! NO!" I'm totally entranced in the film. A woman is in a room surrounded by dark crates and you can hear the alien slithering around, invisible. The music gets louder and louder. Suddenly I see a clawed hand appear ON MY SHOULDER. I scream.

"ALIEN! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!" Dominico rolls on the ground, laughing with one of his hands still wearing the slimy plastic clawed glove.

"You-your face was priceless!" he exclaims.

"You jerk! How long have you had that with you?" I growl at him. He takes off the glove and tucks it into a pocket on the inside of his hoodie.

"All night," he gloats. I feel my face glowing red with anger and embarrassment. "Come on, that was a good prank," he says.

"No." I deadpan.

"Take a joke," he says with a smile, quoting me. I sigh.

"FINE! But don't do that again," I warn him.

"Uhhhh...." he considers my warning.

"Dominico," I say with a lethal glare.

"On one condition," he says with a smile.

"What?"

"I get to choose where we go after this," he says. I shrug.

"Sure. But I have to be home by 11," I compromise. He nods.

"It shouldn't take long," he promises. We watch the rest of the movie with little commentary. I BERATING THAT MOVIE 5 STARS!

"That was so good!" I exclaim as we leave the theatre. Dominico smiles at my elated expression. "So where are we going now?" I ask him. He smiles and refuses to tell me, racing to the driver's side of Rusty. His motorcycle is at my house now since he couldn't drive it home after Jaz's party and since Jaz's house is close to mine and she wasn't allowed to keep in her garage, she dropped it off by my place one day.

Dominico drives over to the mall. Almost everything is closed by now but he doesn't seem to care. He parks the truck and leads me through the deserted mall. I see Rodger's Book Stop. Awww... this is where I beat him up! Memories. I follow him up onto the roof and he extends his hand to help me up. I smile at him and accept it. I notice a small lunchbox on the otherend of the roof. Dominico leads me over to it, the smile staying on his face the entire time.

"You seem awfully excited tonight," I note.

"I guess I'm excited to get my bike back later," he says with a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"Oh, and here I thought you liked being with me. My mistake," I say with mock offense. He smiles,

"Eh, that MIGHT be part of it," he says. He pulls two ice cream cones out of the lunchbox.

"You really planned this out, didn't you?" I ask with a smile. He doesn't reply but hands me a chocolate ice cream cone and walks to the edge of the roof. I sit down next to him and see he's smiling more.

"You never told me how you didn't actually die that day," he reminds me. "I mean, I did push you off a roof." I shake my head.

"I purposely fell back. You would have been able to catch me if I'd been in any actual danger," I tell him and tell him how I positioned the bag and used the wind to fake my death.

"You scared the living daylight out of me," he says honestly.

"That was the point. I wasn't actually trying to beat you up, you know. I just wanted to scare you straight."

"Well you did one heck of a job." he says. I smile.

"Thank you. If you ever need to freak anyone out, call me," I reply. He laughs.

"I'll remember that." We talk aimlessly as we finish the ice cream and make our way off the roof and to Rusty. It's 10:50 so we decide to get going. I'm laughing as I get into the car and Dominico jokes lightheartedly.We pull up to my house and I help him get his motorcycle out of my garage.

"Faye?"

"Hmm?" Dominico shifts from foot to foot, uneasily. His hands are jammed nervously in his pockets and his cheeks begin to flower with a rosy color, still visible in the dark night air.

"Would you consider that- um- was that, um, a d-date?" My heart begins pounding so hard against my chest, I'm positive that he can hear it. I do my best to keep from anxiously squirming around or shrieking at the possibility.

"Why?" I ask him, nervously. My voice didn't crack! Haha! I was sure I'd sound like a constipated elf but today's obviously my lucky day. Dominico grins at me and I clench my fist behind my back to keep from screaming or passing out. That would be embarrassing. It's just Dominico. It's just Dominico. It's just...Oh my gosh, it's Dominico. NOOOO!!! I sound like one of the stupid fan girls who swoon over him in the hallways. Ignore me right now.

"Because if it was a date then it would have been the best date ever, if not, it would be just another day with you." A day with me is equal to the best date ever for him? He's trying to make me pass out. Or give me heart failure. That has to be it. No one can make me freak out this much without trying. I can't help myself. I smile at him.

"You choose," I tell him. Dominico's smile widens and I feel mine doing the same.

"Faye, this was the best date ever." He whispers to me even though there's no one else around. My heart practically explodes and the butterflies in my stomach start barfing rainbows.

"Yeah, it really was," I reply, breathlessly. Dominico takes his hands out of his jacket pockets and gently takes mine and pulls me closer to him. Oh gosh. I'm going into freakin' cardiac arrest now. He looks as nervous as I am as he steps closer, closing the inches between us. I look up into his silver eyes which somehow give me the most comfortable feeling in the world. Dominico slowly leans over me and my whole body starts pulsing with energy and heat. He hasn't even done anything yet and I'm going into a shock coma! This dating stuff is medically dangerous!

"I feel like I can never tell how you're feeling. Faye, what are you thinking about?" Dominico asks me quietly.

"Did you know that butterflies can puke rainbows?" I whisper in reply. Dominico's sincere expression is broken when he starts laughing. I feel my face heating up. "I'm guessing that was the wrong thing to say," I mutter to myself as Dominico starts to shed tears of laughter. Dominico bends over laughing before he catches his breath and is able to stand again.

"No," he says. "That was the perfect thing to say." He leans over me and kisses me. All the puking butterflies start practicing their summersaults. My eyes go wide in shock at first before they slowly close and I begin to kiss him back. Dominico's hands gently hold my waist as he lightly pulls me closer. I feel myself wrap my arms around his neck without thinking about it. He turns his head to the side and deepens the kiss. Time warps or somehow a perception-sucking wormhole opens up around us and I can't tell if we kiss for a couple seconds or a couple hours. All I can focus on is Dominico holding me gently against him and how his lips press passionately against mine. We gently pull apart, both out of breath and smiling like total idiots.

"Goodnight, Faye." He whispers to me. "Beware of puke rainbows." I laugh.

"Goodnight Dominico," I respond quietly. "Beware of Scary Yodas, Soul-reaping Doras and Godzilla."

"Godzilla?"

"You should always beware of Godzilla," I tell him. I smile at his befuddled expression before kissing his cheek and running up the lawn to my door.

"Only you, Faye," Dominico says with an elated grin. "Only you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 1.2K 39
For the past five years, I've loved him from afar. He became my awakening. My escape. Being the daughter of a serial killer has never been unicorns a...
131K 3.1K 8
Hi!!! My name is Oswin Christina Potter. Yup, you heard right. I'm the twin of the famous James Potter. I have brown hair and bright blue eyes. Howev...
2.3M 126K 36
I'd Like to think I was a good person, before it all began. I didn't cheat on tests, or steal. But throughout my entire life, I was treated if I wer...
92 35 16
Jayson is just an average sarcastic teenage boy with an average life... okay, let's be real, Jayson is everything but average, he has things that oth...