The 150th Hunger Games

By lilyHungerGames

No one will know what twist awaits the tributes of the 150th hunger games this year until they enter the aren... More

The 150th Hunger Games

Chapter 2

56 1 0
By lilyHungerGames

Sky Harbour's POV

District 4

The words ring in my ears as I'm stood frozen, unable to move. I can hear the scream of River as she dies and then, I hear my sister. She screams at me that she did the right thing and I'm stood here doing nothing!

'No!' I scream running forward and clawing at the peacekeepers holding me away from her!

'River!' My words are turning into sobs as I carry on fighting the peacekeepers whilst they try to drag me away.

What are you waiting for?

I can't do it, I'm too weak. Too cowardly.

Volunteer, she needs you to do this for her.

'I volunteer as tribute!' I call, giving in to the voices whispering at my soul about how stupid and cowardly I am. River runs forward and cries, I then realise how I should have volunteered in a heartbeat. Not by giving in to the voices in my head.

'River, I'm going to be alright' I say, hugging her until we are dragged apart.

'I love you' I whisper silently, for I doubt that mother could bring herself to say goodbye.

I'm guided towards the creaking old steps to the stage and Martina offers me her hand. I feebly accept it and clasp my small hand with her fairly long fingers.

I might be imagining it, but I can feel vibrations coming from her hand.. Could she be shaking? Why would she be shaking? It's Summer here in four and I doubt she would be scared for me..?

'E-excellent, um... For the boys!'

My eyes widen as I stare at her in shock, her voice just faltered. I think I was wrong about her.

'Jay Sailboat'

Then the floor hits me in the face and the world goes black.

Darkness.

That's all can see, but I can hear much more than just the sound of my breathing.

I can hear sounds indicating that I'm on a train, which wo- JAY!

My eyes snap open in fear and I let out a yelp as I tumble off the end of the bed.

Hurridly, I rush towards the door. My shaking fingers fumble with the lock before prising the door open. I'm still in my reaping outfit but I don't care because I need answers more than anything right now!

I probably look mad, because I can feel that my hair is wild and my eyes are wide in fear but I keep running. I'm so concentrated on getting to Jay I don't notice the door swing open and suddenly, I'm sent flying backwards.

I scramble backwards away from whoever pushed me back but I when I see that it's Jay, it's like nothing matters any more.

'Oh my god!' He gasps and pulls me to my feet, wrapping me in a hug.

'Jay, it's happening again and I never got to say goodbye!!' I sob, I'm shaking violently but it isn't because of cool air from the hallway.

Jay cups my face with his hands and desperately try's to calm me down but I only see his mouth moving and no words coming out.

My eyes scan around in fear and I let out a high pitched scream as somebody injects something into my arm and the room shifts once more and the last faces I see are Jay and a man who could be some kind of doctor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.8K 2K 194
"In a world of pirates and adventure, meet Ryo, a half mink-half human with a tragic past. After losing his parents, Ryo was taken in and trained by...
27.4K 5.5K 34
سالی دوای ئەوەی هەلی دووەمی پێدەدرێت و دەگەڕێتەوە ژیان بڕیاردەدات هەرگیز نەکەوێتەوە خۆشەویستی تایهیۆنگەوە ،..سەرکەوێت بەسەر ئەوکەسانەی ئازاریان داوە...
64.2K 3.3K 93
What if it wasn't Japan that teleported to another world, but the superpower country on Earth, America's Cold War rival that in our OTL is collapsed...
66.2K 1.5K 76
A student from the Paldea region took an interest in traveling to other regions to learn new things.