Invisible (A Hunter Hayes Fan...

By TravyBearNLT

Scarlett Wilson has always been the "invisible" girl in school. Many people know her as "the weird quiet girl... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen - The End

Chapter Three

773 29 5
By TravyBearNLT

Video is of Hunter singing "I Want Crazy" with Danielle Bradberry

Also a picture of Hunter chilling on Scarlett's bed playing guitar

~COPYRIGHT 2014~

Before they knew it, they had arrived at Scarlett's college. They sat in his car in front of the door not looking at one another, wringing their hands together nervously.

"It was great seeing you again, Scarlett," Hunter finally spoke up. "Keep up with the singing, you're very talented."

"Thanks Hunter. It means a lot," she smiled, unbuckling herself.

She opened the door and got out, staring at him for a moment, almost willing him to stay longer. She finally shook her head and shut the door behind her, walking to the dorm door. She paused before opening the door, looking back at Hunter.

Just do it already! The voice inside her head was screaming.

She ran back to the car, knocking on his driver side window. He rolled it down.

"Do you want to come up and play guitar for a bit? I mean, if you have time that is," she said.

"No, I'd love to!" he exclaimed, unbuckling himself. Then he stopped and looked back up at her. "Wait, how are you going to get me in there without people recognizing me?"

"Do you have any extra clothes or hoodies?"

He nodded and motioned towards the trunk.

"Then come on! I have a plan!"

He popped the trunk and jumped out of the car. Scarlett was already rifling through bags in the back. She threw a couple of things at him and then slammed the trunk closed.

"Plan sneak Hunter Hayes into the dorms is now in action," she said, before taking the items in his hand and beginning to help him dress.

They laughed the entire time he bundled up. By time they were through, he looked to be about 50 pounds heavier with all the clothing he had on. The hood of the final jacket was covering his head and he was wearing glasses.

"Aren't people going to be suspicious because I'm wearing sunglasses at night?" he wondered.

"Nope, because you're my blind cousin that I need to lead you," she said.

He laughed. "It's like you've planned this for months."

"Nope, I'm just a natural genius. Now, let's go. Grab onto my shoulder. Don't forget to act like you're blind."

"Act like I'm blind? How does one do that?"

She rolled her eyes. "Just go with the flow," she said.

He placed his hand on her shoulder and let her 'guide' him. They went slowly, as if he really was a blind man being led. He watched as she led him to an elevator. Good choice. Going up the stairs like this would be way too difficult.

A few seconds passed and they reached her floor. She grabbed his hand and ran down the empty hallway. She whipped out a key and opened up a door. They stumbled through, laughing like idiots.

"Scarlett?" a feminine voice asked, her voice clearly up an octave. Scarlett turned to face her roommate. "Who is this? And why did that security guard take you out of the venue? Will you please tell me what's going on?"

"You're never going to believe me, Jackie," she insisted.

"Try me," she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Okay, well, last time I went to a Hunter Hayes concert, I met him and he told me that he wanted to see me again so that I could show him my singing skills. That was when I was home in Connecticut. He expected me to be there a couple of days ago, but I was up here and today he saw me from the stage and had his security guard come get me so he could see me."

Jackie was quiet for a moment and then burst out laughing. "Oh...my...god! That's...so...funny!" she spit out between laughs. Then she stopped. "No, seriously, what happened? And who in the hell is this weirdo?"

"That's what happened, I'm telling the truth," Scarlett said. "And it's not very nice to insult celebrities."

"Celebrities? This guy is a celebrity?" She burst into another fit of giggles.

Scarlett put her mouth next to Hunter's ear and told him to take off his little disguise. When he did, Jackie went quiet.

"Hunter Hayes?" she shrieked.

"Shhh!" Hunter and Scarlett screamed at the same time.

Jackie's hands flew to her mouth to cover it. "Sorry!" she whisper yelled. "But seriously?"

"Yep. He's here to hang out for a bit."

"Uh...okay? Hi Hunter, I'm Jackie, Scarlett's roommate. I'm sorry about calling you a weirdo, because you're really not. In fact-" she started to ramble but Hunter cut her off.

"It's fine. If I were you, I wouldn't have believed it either," Hunter responded. "But it's nice to meet you."

Scarlett went over to her closet and pulled out her guitar. She sat down on her bed and tapped the place beside her, telling Hunter to sit down. He did. She began to strum her guitar to his song "I Want Crazy".

"You really like that song, don't you?" he teased.

"You have no idea," Jackie commented.

"What?" Scarlett questioned.

"You've been playing and listening to that song since the school year began. You haven't really played anything else except his new song."

She blushed and began strumming her guitar again, not responding to Jackie.

"Aww, did I embarrass you?" Jackie asked, her voice an octave higher. "How cute!"

"Shut up Jackie!"

Hunter laughed. "You two are too funny."

"It's a love hate relationship," Scarlett responded, still strumming her guitar.

Hunter just sat there and listened to her play his song beautifully. When she was done, she looked up at him smiling.

"That was pretty good, but let me teach you some more specific notes," he said.

He took her guitar from her and played some notes. Then he handed it back to her. She attempted to copy him, but made a few mistakes. He helped her by grabbing her hands and helping her strum. They were laughing by time she had successfully completed it.

"Now that you've got it down, how about you play and I sing?" he suggested.

"Or we could do a little rendition of your performance with Danielle Bradberry and I can sing with you," she said.

"Sounds good to me!"

She started to strum and he began to sing. They sang together, smiling at one another and making faces, trying not to laugh. When they finished, they both cracked up.

"You almost made me screw up!" she complained, pushing him playfully.

"Hey, you had it coming," he said. "Do you want to learn 'Invisible'?"

"I would love to."

"Alright, well-" He started but was cut off by his phone ringing.

He picked it up and yelling could be heard on the other line. He winced and held it away from his ear, looking at the wrist that wasn't holding his phone. His eyes widened when he saw the time. It was nearly 5 o'clock already. He needed to leave for the next show soon.

"Alright, I'll be back," he said before hanging up.

He got up from Scarlett's bed and faced her.

"Management is a bit mad that I snuck out and they want me back. I need to get going for the next concert," he said.

"Alright, I'll walk you down," she said, getting up and putting her guitar away. "Get your disguise back on."

"It was nice to meet you Jackie!" Hunter called as they walked out of the room after he had dressed up.

The walk to his car was too fast for Scarlett's liking. She didn't want to be selfish, but she didn't want him to go. They were having such a good time.

"I really had fun today, Scarlett," Hunter said, leaning against his door.

"I did too. Thanks for bringing me back to see you," she replied.

"It was my pleasure," he smiled. "Here, let me give you my number so we can text or something. Next time I come out, I want to hang again."

She nodded and handed him her phone. He quickly put his number in and gave it back. They just stared at one another until he opened his arms and grabbed her, pulling her into a hug. To the both of them it felt as if they hadn't just met. It felt as if they'd been friends for years.

The wind blew as they pulled away, causing Scarlett's hair to fall in front of her eyes. Hunter instinctively pushed it behind her ear and looked her in the eyes. Before they both knew what was happening, their lips had joined, their eyes closing. Once Scarlett realized what was going on, she pulled away frantically, touching her fingers to her lips. Her wide eyes were on Hunter who was grinning. He kissed her cheek and whispered in her ear, "I can't wait to see you again," before getting in his car and driving off, leaving Scarlett there in shock.

~COPYRIGHT 2014~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 60 12
"Your not affraid?" He asks gently. His tone is shocked. "Not really! Just come out! Quit messing with me! Who are you?" I ask in hope that he'll an...
11.4K 649 59
If I could go back, I would run away. If I could retrace my steps, I would change my course. If I could make you understand, I would tell you my se...
57.1K 1.9K 36
Tia Evans has had enough. She escapes her abusive parents, and goes to Nashville, to be a country artist, where she meets Hunter Hayes. It's an immed...
15.1K 434 28
I couldn't stop staring at the new guy sitting in the back of the room. He seemed mysterious, almost like he was hiding something. His ice-blue eyes...