Be Your Everything

By wallxflowxer

He tangled his hand in the tips of my hair and rested his chin on the top of my head, "You don't always have... More

Chapter One: Moody
Chapter Two: Family
Chapter Three: Goody Two Shoes
Chapter Four: Tutors
Chapter Six: The Boogy Man
Chapter Seven: I Know a Cute Couple When I See One
Chapter Eight: A Bit of Heart Break
Chapter Nine: Three-Pointers & Rambling
Chapter Ten: Detention? Ugh.
Chapter Eleven: Stuck In The Storm
Chapter Twelve: Perfect
Chapter Thirteen: Snow & Ice
Chapter Fourteen: Everlasting Smiles
Chapter Fifteen: Mickey D's at Midnight
Chapter Sixteen: Being Helpful
Chapter Seventeen: Bruises
Chapter Eighteen: So Many Kisses
Chapter Nineteen: Again
Chapter Twenty: Just Not A Good Day
Chapter Twenty-One: Surprise Surprise
Chapter Twenty-Two: Prom?
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dazed and Red-Faced
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Night
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Day
Chapter Twenty-Six: After
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Alive, Barely
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Always There
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Rules Were Made To Be Broken
Chapter Thirty: Anxious
Chapter Thirty-One: What Am I Going To Do?
Chapter Thirty-Two: Love You, 'Night.
Chapter Thirty-Three: Bad Luck
Chapter Thirty-Four: A Long Night
Chapter Thirty-Five: Chimichanga!
Chapter Thirty-Six: Home Sweet Home
Epilogue: My Everything
He Stole My Bandana (So I Stole His Heart) Preview!
Surprise: Please Read!

Chapter Five: Concerned

13.8K 389 79
By wallxflowxer

Chapter Five:

Concerned

_________________________

Sophia's POV

I trudged into school the next day, my glasses still on my face. Mom hasn't really had a chance to get me more contacts. If I decide to not wear my stupid glasses, then I'll be blind. Literally. I can't see like four feet in front of me.

I walked to my locker, tossing everything inside hastily and pulling out my books for Mrs. Foster's class. I loved her class; I also had some business to handle with Cameron in it. It would be better for me to ask him in that class so Mrs. Foster knows we're getting something done.

When I walked into the class, I saw Cameron was here early. That was a little strange considering Adam, his best friend, wasn't even here yet. I thought back to yesterday when he didn't want anyone hearing me talk about tutoring him and decided it'd be best to ask him about it now. Besides, wouldn't want Danielle seeing me around him...

I approached Cameron as he sat in his seat, daydreaming by the looks of it. I chuckled at his dazed face and was about to smack him out of it, but decided against it since I wasn't here to make enemies. "Cameron?" I snapped my fingers in front of his face and laugh when he almost choked on his own spit.

"Huh? What?" He asked me. He almost seemed mad at me for breaking me from his little dream. I chuckled, pulling an empty seat away from a nearby desk and sitting backwards on it, facing him, Aww, did I ruin your dream?" I let my lower lip hang out as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to study tonight. Like... at the library?" I said, after thinking of where we could go. Cameron simply shrugged his shoulders and leaned back in his seat, placing his hands behind his head.
"I need an answer now unless you want your friends to hear our conversation." I warned. If he was gooing to play this game with me, I was going to give it all right back. He sat up quickly when the bell rang, his eyes darting to me as if telling me to leave.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me when we can study, Pretty Boy." I crossed my arms and rose my eyebrow, staring at him. He glared at me mumbling something like "You're so stubborn." I rolled my eyes and didn't move when Adam showed up beside me. I realized I had taken his seat. Not making an attempt to move, Cameron went into almost panic mode and stood up, nearing me an dbending down so he could whisper something in my ear, "Meet me at the library after school."

I smiled triumphantly and stood up, scooting Adam's chair back to his seat. I walked to mine and watched as the rest of the class filed in.

*

I waltzed into the library and nodded to the librarian. I come here often, so I know her name and she knows mine. I found a round table at the back of the building, a few other students doing research or school work. Seeing that Cameron wasn't here yet, I reached into my bag and pulled out the book I had been reading.

Almost an hour passed and Cameron still wasn't here. He said we were meeting here, right? Yes, of course he did. I know he did. I was growing frustrated now as I stood up and shoved the book in my bag. I had finished it and now I was going to grab another before Cameron got here. If he comes.

I walked around the shelf, browsing all the old books. They seemed to be covered in dust from lack of being touched or read. It's a shame all these amazing books were just sitting here, collecting dust, when there was a bunch of people at the high school that would read them. OK, I take that back. They wouldn't. But, I would.

The front doors to the library slammed shut and I heard footsteps approching where I was. I turned to go and see who it was but ended up running into someone. That someone was sweaty and smelled like... Well, sweat. I scrunched my nose and looked up to meet Cameron's gaze. He had a faint smile on his lips from my expression. I swiftly stepped aside and made my way back over to my seat without a word to him.

"I'm sorry I was late, Soph." He said as he carelessly tossed his bag ontot he seat beside his. I was annoyed right now and not in the mood to deal with his sudden up-beat mood. I made myself comfortable in my seat.

"Don't call me Soph," I began. "And where have you been?" I asked, gesturing to his attire. He smiled at me, "Basketball practice." I guess basketball made him happy? Oh, wait, I bet it was some girl. Don't be so Naive, Sophia. The little voice inside my head nagged. I mentally rolled my eyes at it and jerked my english book out of my backpack.

Cameron mimicked my actions. He sat his book beside mine before letting his gaze fall onto the book that I had pulled out of the shelf befor erunning into him. He had a satified look on his face as he examined the cover.

"Do you like reading?" He asked suddenly. I had lost all the venom building up in me, "Yeah. I love it." No eye contact was needed as I flipped through the pages of my english book in attempt to find teh right one. For some reason, I've never been able to hold a grudge. Maybe it was because I witnessed what it was almost like to lose someone so clsoe to you. I don't know, but my heart was to big for that nonsense.

"That's cool." Cameron commented lowly. I realized he was in a mucsle shirt, obviously showing off his strong biceps. His hair was in every direction possible and his green eyes were shining in the light from above his head. When he looked up at me, a smirk played on his pink lips, "Like what you see?" I scoffed, shaking my head dismissively.

I gave him instructions on what page to go to and that he was reading first. Cameron seemed like he didn't want to read. He slowly flipped through the pages as he looked for the right one. I huffed, slightly annoyed by how he was acting suddenly.

"Cameron?" I asked. My voice was calm and collected as if talking to someone who didn't understand what was going on. He glanced up at me with a worried expression before he yawned. If it was possible to look cute while yawning, he did it.

"Sophia?" He mocked my voice. I rolled my eyes and stared at his book until he found the right page.

I read the first line myself, "I had decided to take my dog for a walk this afternoon..." Mrs. Foster never usually assigns us anything in these books because, obviously, they're childish. For the sake of tutoring, she made me take one and assigned me this story. Apparently it will help us get used to each other. Her words, not mine.

"I decided to take my bog for a walk-" Cameron began. I instantly sat up and looked at the sentence once more. That's not what it says. He must've said dog wrong on purpose.

"Cameron, don't be stupid." I scolded, "I have other things to do tonight, to." His eyes hardened at my words and I was taken aback. Why was he seeming so mad now all of a sudden? He looked back down at his book. I watched as his mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water, finding the words to say. Except they were right in front of him. His cheeks looked like they were tinted a light shade of red. I at forward and put my book down with my hands on top of it.

"What's wrong?" I asked him slowly, genuinely concerned. He glanced up at me for a quick second before shutting his book.

"I'm just going to go home. I'm tired from practice and can't focus. Can we re-schedule?" He asked impatienlty. Confused, I stood up and gathered my things. I tucked a piece of my brown locks behind my ear to get it out of my face before looking at Cameron.

"How about I text you?" I was proud of myself. I was being professional about this whole thing. But, you have to remember that I'm used to talking. I always involve myself with stuff at school.

Cameron pulled his phone out of pocket and tapped away until he handed it to me. I swiftly texted my number into his phone and handed it back to him. A slight smile crossed onto his face but was quickly replaced by a smirk.

"You actually have to text me, too. I need to know when we can meet up." I told him sternly as we walked side by side towards the exit. I remembered I still had to check my book out, so I stopped walking. Cameron waved bye and walked away.

As soon as Shay, the librarian, was done checking out my book, I made my outside and back to my house. Mom and Dad and were probably at home with Matt wondering where I was. It wasn't really surprising for me to be away from home, though. I used to be at basketball practice every night and now it's always something like pepp club or honors society. Honestly, that stuff was exhausting.

I entered the house to see the kitchen and living room light was on. Dad and Matt must be in there watching one of the games on TV. I dropped everything in my hands on the floor and took off to my room, eager to lay down. I was completely tired.

Ignoring the calls I got from my mother, I crept into the bathroom and stripped off my clothes. I hopped in the shower and took a hot, relaxing one. Afterwards, I dried myself and put on a pair of shorts along with a baggy t-shirt that used to be my dad's. He didn't care when I took an old shirt of his. I found it to be much more comfortable.

I heard feet patting up the steps and finally caught a glimpse of Matt running past my door towards his. I chuckled and grabbed my laptop and sat it on my desk, turning it on and opening Google Chrome. I had a few questions about what went on today.

Matt flew into my room and I turned around just in time to catch him in my arms. I squeezed him so tight that he began to yelp.

"You're squeezing the poop outta me!" I chuckled at his choice of words and lifted his frail body onto my leg. My eyelids were heavy so I needed to hurry him out of here.

"Have a good day?" I asked him. He nodded his head eagerly before jumping off me and running towards the door. He swiftly turned to me a blew me a kiss before charging down the stairs again.

I turned back to my laptop and typed in, "A disorder that makes it hard to read," before pressing enter. I scrolled down through the suggestions and realized that most of them said Dyslexia. Cameron? Dyslexia? nah. He was probably just tired and couldn't concentrate. He would have told me, right? I did search 'Disorder' but that was only to see what it could've been. I have severe doubts that it's dyslexia.

Or am I wrong?

____________________

Vote/Comment/Fan!

I follow back :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 5.4K 36
《UNDER A MAJOR EDITING》 Sophia Miami lives loving herself as a bisexual, but never found herself in relationship. She forgotten everything about he...
45.9K 654 31
Alice- Alice is one of the most shy girls in her high school. When a popular boy named Kendall meets her for the first time, they both find love at f...
40.9K 1K 37
|| NOT EDITED SO DONT EVEN COMMENT ABOUT THE MISTAKE I MADE THIS A FEW YEARS AGO || Three year old Sophia has gone through quite a lot. Being abused...
13.4K 727 47
Trying to escape her home life in order to save her little brother, Skylar must decide between keeping secrets or saving herself. With the help of Be...