Just Another Summer... Or is...

By Monica4242

Like every other teenager, Angelina had plans for the summer that include camps, parties, and beach days with... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 35

218K 3.5K 670
By Monica4242

Chapter 35

Angelina's Point of View:

“Are you ready for our senior year?” Nate said. I was on the phone with him as I was preparing my books for school. Tomorrow, September 27th, is the first day of my senior year.

“Yeah,” I said honestly and felt excited about going to school again “We’re going to have so much fun this year.”

“Agreed,” he replied.

“How about all of you come over and we’ll start writing our bucket list for this year?” I asked.

“That would be awesome!” he said excitedly.

“Great,” I said “I’ll call them now. See you soon.”

I hung up and texted all my friends, telling them to come over. It was a tradition for the six of us to write a bucket list at the beginning of every year. It started since the first year of high school and our bucket lists are becoming more risky and fun every year.

Thirty minutes later, Jack, Greg, Nate, Mia, and Tia were in my T.V room as we discussed out bucket list. I had a white paper on the table in front of me with the words ‘Bucket List’ written at the top.

“We have to prepare a prank for that old Chemistry teacher that teaches seniors. What was his name?” Tia said.

“Mr. George?” I asked amusedly as the picture of the sixty year old teacher flashed in my mind. He was really old and he forgets a lot.

“Yes! Him,” Tia said and we all chuckled. That would be one hell of a prank.

I took the blue pen and started writing.

 “We should all choose a day and skip. We’ll go out of town or something,” Greg suggested. I added that to the list too.

Two hours and a lot of laughing later, we were able to come up with the almost perfect bucket list for our senior year. It had only ten things but we will add stuff as the year starts. Our list looked like that:

1.       Prank (Mr. George)

2.       Skip school and go out of town

3.       Crash a party

4.       Get kicked out of a class we have together

5.       Participate in school play

6.       Have a picnic at school

7.       Throw the biggest party ever

8.       Talk in a British accent all day

9.       Paint on a bathroom stall

10.   Graduate

“Sounds awesome,” Jack said excitedly.

This is going to be one hell of a year I just wish the brothers were here…

I tried my hardest not to think about them but I just couldn’t. It seemed impossible.

“Angelina! Angelina! Angelina!” Nate said over and over again.

“What?” I snapped.

“You zoned out again,” he said, giving me a worried look.

“Sorry,” I mumbled. They all knew what I was thinking about but they didn’t ask because they know there’s nothing to say about it. It had to happen at some point. They had to leave.

“Let’s go out for ice-cream and I’ll drop you off when we’re done,” Nate offered and I nodded.

As usual, Nate and I shared a banana split ice-cream. My friends were able to keep my mind off the brothers and for that I was grateful.

I knew that Mia and Tia were hurting too and I wanted to be there for them just like they are here for me.

My cell phone went off and for a second my heart fluttered, thinking it was the brothers, but it was my dad.

“Hey dad,” I said and all my friends smiled. They were so happy that my dad and I are close again – especially Nate.

“Where are you princess?” he asked. I glanced at my watch and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He wasn’t supposed to be back from work before an hour.

“I’m at the ice-cream shop with my friends,” I replied.

“Oh, okay,” he said “I just got home and I wanted to tell you that we are invited to dinner tonight.”

“Dinner?” I echoed “Where?”

“Just an old friend,” he said casually and I remembered when my mom called. I told him she was an old friend. I thought it was her at first but I quickly shook the thought. He wouldn’t have stayed that calm if mom talked to him.

“Okay,” I replied “I’ll be home soon.”

I hung up and my friends asked questions like any other friends would have done.

“I don’t know,” I replied, shrugging “He said its dinner at an old friend’s house.”

That was all I knew about tonight but I didn’t mind going with my dad. I really like spending time with him. He has changed so much!

An hour later, Nate parked in front of my house.

“Thanks Nate,” I told him and when I reached for the door handle he stopped me.

“You can talk to me, okay?” he said seriously and I nodded. I didn’t want to talk now though.

“Thanks,” I replied, giving him a small smile. I gave him a quick hug and went out of the car.

“I’m home,” I called out and my dad came out of the T.V room.

He gave me a hug and told me to go get dressed. He said I had thirty minutes to get ready.

“Should I wear something casual?” I asked.

“How about you put on a dress?” Dad suggested and I nodded, already knowing which dress I wanted to put on.

I took a quick shower and got dressed. When I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I was tempted to take off the blue bracelet Liam got me because it didn’t go well with the green dress but I remembered his letter and decided to keep it on. I played with the necklace Drew got me as my thoughts drifted back to the summer I spent with them.

“You look beautiful, princess,” Daddy said when I walked downstairs, thirty minutes later.

“Thanks,” I replied, smiling.

“Right on time, I see,” he said, giving me a look of approval and I winked at him.

“Let’s go,” he said and carried the gift he bought for his friend. I walked to his car and waited for him to lock the front door.

“We’re walking,” he told me and I gave him a confused look.

“Why?” I asked.

“They live next door,” dad said amusedly and I got even more confused.

“Since when do we have neighbors?” I asked, glancing at the building right next to ours. It has been empty for a couple of years since its owners moved away.

“Since this morning,” dad replied simply and he started walking. I followed him but I was still confused. I didn’t even notice the people that came here and how does dad even know them?

A familiar looking man opened the front door for us and when he saw me, his face lit up and a smile spread on his lips.

“Angelina,” he said “You’re even prettier than I imagined.”

“Thank you,” I said politely, giving him an awkward smile.

Who is he? Think Angelina, think! I know him from somewhere.

My dad gave him a hug and handed him the gift.

“Thank you,” he said “Come in.”

When I walked in, a woman with a friendly smile spotted me.

“Hello dear,” she said “It’s nice to finally meet you.”

Finally?

Suddenly, I heard three voices scream.

“Angelina!” And then, before I could even process what was happening, I was in the middle of a group hug.

I took in a deep breath when they finally moved away from me.

“What the hell?!” I screamed angrily as I turned around to face these crazy guys.

When my eyes saw the guys in front of me, I froze. That’s not possible. I’m hallucinating. I blinked a few times but they didn’t go away. They were still there, smiling at me.

Okay so I’m dreaming, I finally concluded.

“Aren’t you happy to see us?” Liam pouted.

I opened and closed my mouth three times.

“What?” I finally said and they burst out laughing.

“I was right,” Lee said smugly “You do look good in that dress.”

“The bracelet is better than the dress,” Liam said and they started their usual bickering.

Drew rolled his eyes at them and when he looked at me I started blushing.

He smirked at me and I scowled. I turned around and started walking to the room where my dad was, still confused about what was happening.

I wasn’t able to make it, though.

“Is that how you greet your boyfriend?” Drew whispered in my ear as his arms encircled my waist.

I turned around and looked into his beautiful blue eyes.

“How?” I started asking but he didn’t let me finish my question.

His lips crashed onto mine, making my heart beat loudly in my chest.

“There are other people in the room!” Liam screamed and I immediately pulled away, embarrassed.

“How did you guys move here?” I finally asked.

“Our parents didn’t like how depressed Drew was,” Liam said, smirking at his older brother. Drew’s cheeks turned pink and he punched his brother.

“Shut up, William!” He growled “You were even worse.”

I rolled my eyes at them as they fought. As usual, Lee was the one who explained everything to me.

“My parents met here and they’ve always wanted to come back. When we went back home and they saw how much we loved it here, they decided that it was time to move back so here we are.”

“What about their jobs? And your school? And Drew’s university?” I asked.

“Our parents are bother writers,” Lee said “They can work from any country as long as they have their laptops. William and I are enrolled in your school now and Andrew applied to the university here and he got accepted.”

“When did he do that?” I asked.

“At the beginning of the summer but he didn’t tell you because he wasn’t sure if he was going to stay or not.”

“I-I can’t believe it,” I said, still stunned.

“I can’t either,” Lee answered “But I’m glad we moved here.”

“I’m glad you guys moved here too,” I answered.

“I know,” Drew said smugly and I rolled my eyes at him but a grin was on my face because I knew that I wouldn’t have to be separated from the people I have grown to love.

I got to know their parents that night and I can’t say I didn’t love them. They are awesome and I quickly warmed up to them.

After dinner, we started sharing our summer adventures with our parents and it was like I was reliving each memory.

“We should probably go,” daddy said later that night and I glanced at my watch and saw that it was already 10:45p.m. “We all have an early rise tomorrow.”

We reached the front door but before I could go out, Dan – their father – stopped me.

“Angelina,” he said and I looked up at him “Thank you. You are a wonderful girl.”

I smiled at him and nodded. “You’re boys are pretty awesome too.”

He pulled me into a hug that showed me how thankful he was.

“Go ahead dad,” I told my dad who was still waiting for me “I’ll be right there.”

He nodded, shot Drew a warning look, and started walking back home. I was then alone with Drew who seemed unaffected by my dad’s intimidating look.

“My brothers will be watching you so you better not let any guy at school flirt with you or else I’ll punch him,” Drew said seriously and I scowled at him.

“You should stop acting like that,” I said, crossing my arms over my chest and he narrowed his eyes at me. “You’re always jealous.”

“That’s because I don’t want you to leave me for someone else,” he said and I remembered what he told me when we were camping. I remembered what he said about that girl who cheated on him with his best friend.

“I’m not going to do that,” I said softly and his blue eyes met mine again.

“Promise?” he said quietly.

“Promise,” I answered firmly.

“Don’t look,” he started “But my mom is at the window watching.”

I burst out laughing and tried my hardest not to turn around.

“Let’s show her what she wants to see,” he said huskily before his lips met mine.

“Is that what she wanted to see or what you wanted to do?” I joked when we pulled away.

“Both,” he answered, giving me a half-smile.

I hugged him and then said, “I love you.”

“I know,” he said making me smile “I love you too.”

That night, I slept like a baby, knowing that I have nothing to worry about. I didn’t have to worry about the summer ending nor the brothers leaving because as surreal as it seems, they are now my neighbors.

The next morning, I was excited for my first day of school. I had a lot of reasons. First, it’s my senior year. Second, Lee and Liam are going to be there. Third, I was excited to see Mia and Tia’s reactions when they see that their boyfriends are here.

We decided to surprise them today. They still didn’t know that the brothers are staying here.

I got dressed and ate my breakfast with my dad before I went over to the brothers’ house so that Lee, Liam, and I could walk together to school.

I knocked on the door and a few seconds later, Lee and Liam came out.

“You guys ready?” I asked and they grinned.

“Yeah!” They said together.

Before we could leave, Drew came into view and when he saw me, his smile widened. I ignored him and turned my back to him. I smirked when I heard him protest.

I started walking away and I heard the other two brothers snicker as they followed me.

Suddenly, someone held my backpack and pulled me back. I yelped as I stumbled. Then, he pushed me against the wall next to their door and started tickling me mercilessly.

“No! Stop! Please!” I begged as I tried to push his hands away.

“Apologize,” he ordered and I was able to see his wide smirk even though I was laughing so hard.

“Sorry! Sorry!” I exclaimed and he immediately took his hands off my sides.

I took in a deep breath and let it out slowly.

“Now give me a kiss,” he ordered again and I scowled.

“No,” I said stubbornly.

“Okay,” he replied nonchalantly and he started tickling me again.

“Okay! Okay!” I finally screamed, caving in.

He let go of me and looked at me expectantly. I sighed dramatically and he rolled his eyes at me. I then stood on my tiptoes and kissed him.

“Come on! We want to see out girlfriends too!” Liam shouted, making us pull apart.

“Have a nice day,” Drew said, giving me one last peck.

“Thanks,” I answered “You too.”

I then walked with Lee and Liam to school and we laughed as we anticipated the reactions of the twins. When we got to school, I told the guys to follow me to where my friends and I usually meet in the mornings, next to one of the trees.

“Surprise!” Lee and Liam screamed making all my friends’ attentions snap to them. Mia and Tia stared at them in shock.

“What’s going on?” Nate asked, being the first one to recover.

“We moved here,” Lee said, looking at his girlfriend with so much love it made me want to aww.

“Really?” Mia and Tia said together, disbelief written on their faces.

“Yep,” the brothers replied.

The twins grinned and ran to hug their boyfriends.

I still can’t believe they’re back and now that they are here, this final school year is going to be much better!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here it is! :) They are back! :D

Only the epilogue left!

I posted the prologue of my new story yesterday and it'll be awesome of you guys check it out. If you liked 'Just Another Summer... Or is it?' then you'll like my new story too. Here's the description and you can just open the external link or you can find it on my profile:

The Tables Have Turned:

After having his heart broken by Hailey Tucker, the player, Alex Parker transfers to a new school as far away as possible from her. Two years later, because of one horrible incident, Hailey has to move in with the Walkers. What she didn’t expect was to see Alex at her new school, in her class. But this time, the tabled have turned. Hailey is the quiet girl while Alex is the player.
Whoever said that senior year is an unforgettable year was definitely right.

Happy Birthday to ThisGirlMo and Susannah Bananan(Elliemus's friend)  Have a wonderful year! :)

Next Upload: Thursday or Friday.

Aim for this Chapter: 500 votes.

Have a wonderful day/night everyone! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

411K 9.1K 22
AJ is the quiet shy girl who only has about 3 friends. She knows right from wrong. She doesn't smoke, drink, and is still a virgin if I must add. Ja...
14.8K 253 16
When Sara goes to a party with her best friend she meet Jeremiah. He saves her that's night and it starts from there. (Not that great of a descripti...
23.4K 443 38
Lyric Riley and her brother Joel have lived next door to the 3 cute Turner Brothers for years now. School has broken for summer and Lyric is ready...
9.4K 296 39
Abigail Parker has just finished high school. She has a happy life with her boyfriend, Sam, and best friend, Lindsey. Unfortunately, her parents are...