Warm Hands [Hiroomi x Akihito...

By weebakon

[#1 IN #KYOUKAINOKANATA 8/30/21] [#17 IN #ANIMEFANFIC 5/19/19 :))] [#1 IN #BEYONDTHEBOUNDARY 8/21/21] [#436 I... More

Chapter one: Warm Encounter
Chapter two: Daydreaming
Chapter three: The Walk Home
Chapter four: Get to Know, Then Judge
Chapter five: The Nase House
Chapter six: Soft Cheek
Chapter seven: Troubles and Ice Cream
Chapter eight: Indirect Confession
Chapter nine: A Date and Doubt
Chapter ten: "Glasses Make It Better"
Chapter eleven: Nightmares
Chapter twelve: Titled Words
Chapter twelve.2 [Bonus!]: Halloween
Chapter thirteen: Chilled Hands
Chapter fourteen: Help from a Little Sister
Chapter fifthteen: In Between
Chapter sixteen: A Special Place
Chapter seventeen: Patching Things Up
Chapter eighteen: Love Under the Lights [Christmas Special!]
Chapter eighteen.2: Extended
Chapter nineteen: Reserved Kiss
Chapter twenty: Defend
Chapter twenty-one: Akkey to Akkun
Chapter twenty-two: Half-Knowing
Chapter twenty-three: Uncertain
Chapter twenty-five: What the Future Holds
Chapter twenty-six: Not Feeling Well
Chapter twenty-seven: Half-Yumo and Spirit World Warriors
Chapter twenty-eight: School Without Akihito
Chapter twenty-nine: Awake
Chapter thirty: Fear of Being Alone
Chapter thirty-one: Power
Chapter thirty-two: Spiritual Presence
Chapter thirty-three: Cold Appearance
Chapter thirty-four: Unnoticeable Things
Chapter thirty-five: Swimming in Love
Chapter thirty-six: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter thirty-seven: Losing
Chapter thirty-eight: Expanding
Chapter thirty-nine: Rice Omelet
Chapter forty: No Joke
Chapter forty-one: Thoughts
Chapter forty-two: Warm Satisfaction
Chapter forty-three: Accepted
Chapter forty-four: Yumo
Chapter forty-five: Containment
Chapter forty-six: Running Rage
Chapter forty-seven: Safe Haven
Chapter forty-eight: Risks for the One
(Not a Chapter)
Chapter forty-nine: Time To Finish What Was Started
Chapter fifty: Smiliar Demons
Chapter fifty-one; final: Warm Hands

Chapter twenty-four: Learning and Growing [V-day special!]

466 17 1
By weebakon

Hiroomi Nase

After waking up in a pool of sweat the next morning, I quickly changed clothes and glanced at my calendar. February...I squinted my eyes at the number. The nightmare I had seemed to be affecting my state of mind. Once my eyes focused, I almost fell down from pulling my pants up. It's February 13th?! Tomorrow is Valentine's Day! I pushed all my problems out the window and tried to figure out what to do for Akihito.

•  •  •

Akihito Kanbara

Ever since yesterday, I've been feeling low. I felt our relationship slipping and I didn't like it one bit. I sighed as I thought about what to do for Valentine's Day. I wonder if Hiroomi is going to do something...then I made eye contact with him and smiled shyly.

"Hey, Hiroomi!" I perked up. He glanced up and smirked.

"Hello, Akkey. How are you?" His words came out smoothly and soft. Like always. I took a deep sigh and stood up straight.

"I guess you could say I'm good. How about you?" I smirked. He just giggled and rubbed his nose.

"I'm fine." My face dropped and I moved closer toward him.

"Something wrong?" Please stop slipping. He looked away from me.

"Nothing, just..." his eyes developed a glossy look telling me that he was not fine. Stop running away, I grabbed his hand and waited for him to finish his sentence. He made eye contact with me, finally, and laughed like he was embarrassed.

"Akkey, it's nothing to worry about. It's just...one of my fish died yesterday, that's all." Was that all? A fish? I let go of his hand and looked at my shoes.

"Oh, okay." I then fumbled with my fingers, almost irritated with this...this distance. I tried to bring him back.

"So, are we doing anything tomorrow?" He flinched. His mouth curled up and his eyes closed.

"I guess you'll have to wait and see." There it was, the Hiroomi I fell in love with. The charmer and secretive one. Although, I wish he wasn't always so secretive. I took his hand and kissed the top of it.

"I will wait patiently." I whispered and we walked inside the school for first period.

It was hard to focus because of all the excitement that Hiroomi brought from the mention of celebrating Valentine's Day. Now that I thought about it, it would be the first time I wasn't alone on Valentine's Day.

Tomorrow finally arrived and I practically jumped out of bed. I ran into my kitchen to fix myself a rice omelet before the big day. I halted when a plate was suddenly shoved into my face. A rice omelet with heart shape toppings on it was blocking my vision of the kitchen.

"Happy Valentine's Akkun!!!" My mother had squealed. I groaned, but accepted the omelet anyway.

"Thanks mom." I scuffed. Her face shone with pleasure and happiness. She twirled around and grabbed herself one and sat down next to me on the couch.

"Just like old times, huh?" She said, her voice suddenly calm and collected. I smiled and took a bite out of my omelet. The familiar taste of my mother's cooking gave me a wake up call. I hummed in satisfaction. I missed this.

She watched me out of the corner of her eye and dung into her dish.

"Yep," she responded while popping the P with her lips. I pulled all my attention toward the omelet. It engrossed my entire body and drool started to escape from the corner of my lips.

"You still eat like my little Akkun." I paused from her comment. I wiped the drool from my mouth and blushed a little. She can even embarrass me when no one else is around. I then smiled to myself and put the empty plate down. I turned and hugged her. She wasn't expecting that.

"A-Akkun?"
"Thanks for everything, Mom." I felt her body relax and she hugged me back.

"Anything for you, Akihito." Akihito, it felt like a downgrade, but I left it alone. I kissed the top of her head and headed out the door, grabbing something from the desk.

"Have a good day at school! Tell Hiroomi I said hi!" She shouted after me. I smiled and waved goodbye. Once I stepped outside, I heard a crackling under my feet. I looked down to find a folded piece of paper. I picked it up and opened it to find writing.

"Goodmorning, Akkey. Meet me in the park next to the school before class. -Hiroomi." My heart picked up pace and I ended up smiling like an idiot at the paper. My attention changed to the ground. Rose petals covered the hall and steps. I gladly followed them quickly. Is this Hiroomi's doing? I hoped it was. Maybe we aren't slipping after all.

When I finally found the end of the path, I looked up to see Hiroomi, his back toward me. I smiled widely and trotted toward him.

"Hiro–" my voice faded as I saw another person, talking to him. My smile disappeared as I saw Ayano handing him something heart-shaped. What is this? My fist clenched in frustration. I cleared my throat loudly to grab their attention. Hiroomi whirled around and smiled.

"Akkey!!" He ran over to me, leaving Ayano stunned. He tried to hug me but I waved him off.

"What is going on here?" I asked under my breath. His face was confused.

"Nothing is going on." He said innocently. I could tell he wasn't lying. My fist relaxed and I sighed, a laugh escaping my lips. I scratched my head and smiled.

"Sorry, I guess I really am the jealous type." I laughed nervously. Hiroomi smirked and continued to hug me, connecting his lips with mine. His lips felt like they were touching my entire body, trapping me against his figure with his slender arms. This is the man I fell in love with, this is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. We are not slipping. We are just growing. I didn't want his lips to leave me. We slowly departed and I flashed my eyes at Ayano, who was awkwardly looking away. She smiled weakly and bowed. She ran away, with the heart-shaped gift still in her hands. Hm. It was her fault for falling in love with someone who was taken. She put it upon herself. I did feel sorry for her, but I wasn't going to give him up.

He turned after hearing her run away.

"Well," he said almost sad, but not quite.

"We're finally alone." He grinned. I wasn't expecting that so I was caught blushing a little. I then giggled and hugged him again. He poked my stomach, making me jump away.

"Hey, what was that for–?" I complained. His hand reached into his pocket and took out a long box and a piece of paper. My smiled widened. He got me something. I lurched forward, smiling like a kid on Christmas.

"This is for you, Happy Valentine's Day!" He handed me the gifts. I opened the letter first, reading every word.

"Dear Akkey,
Spending time with you is truly amazing. Every moment of everyday, I think about you and how extraordinary you are. I hope we spend every Valentine's Day with each other from now on.
I love you,
Hiroomi~"

My eyes filled with tears of happiness. This was the most precious letter I've ever received. It only made me wonder even more about what could be hiding inside the box.

"Open it." He shone. I slowly opened it. My eyes shimmered and my body filled with joy. Beautiful rims and shining glass stared back at me as I picked them out and opened the rims. He got me glasses! I found it ironic yet pleasing that he thought about my obsession for glasses. I then hugged him tightly and whispered in his ear.

"You're the best. I love you, too." I then stealthy grabbed the gift for Hiroomi out of my back pocket. I stepped back and held it behind me.

"I got you something, too." He waited for my hands to reveal themselves. I smiled and handed the gift to him. It wasn't wrapped or in a box, or more like I couldn't. His face lit up and he put his hand to his heart. His smile was weak and his eyes filled with unnecessary tears.

"Since your fish died, I got you another one." He took the plastic bag full of water and lifted it up to his face. The fish was yellow and blue, beautifully shaped and stressfully swimming in his small cage.

"A...Akkey...I-I don't know what to say." I couldn't comprehend why the fish meant so much to him, but I wanted to fill the void for him. I wanted to be the one who filled it. He covered his face from my view and sniffled.

"Th-thank you, Akkey. You mean so much to me." For some reason, he was crying. I hugged him gently and patted his back.

"Hiroomi, why–?" I stopped myself. I didn't want to understand, I just wanted to let him know that I would always be here if he needed me.

"Thank you so much." His voice choked. His reaction almost made me cry. I thought I was dating a man, I joked in my head. I smiled and nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck.

"Anything for you. Happy Valentine's Day, Hiroomi. I love you." He sniffled and rubbed his face.

"I love you, too, Akkey."

A/n: AWE AWE AWEEEE.
Happy early V-day everyone!

Next update: February 17th

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

714K 43.5K 108
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
5.3K 137 5
"Congratulations on your wedding my lord!" Thoma congratulated them trying his best to smile. Ayato and his bride smiled and thank him when he gave t...
650K 14.6K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.1M 49.9K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC