Dad's Boss

By ambxnc

"But you're my dad's boss, what would happen if he found out?" "Doesn't matter. All that matters is that we'... More

One: A Bad Day To A Good Day
Two: Fancy Seeing You Here
Three: Party Time
Four: A Night To Remember...Or Not
Five: Let's Hang Out
Six: Almost...
Seven: The Interview
Eight: Do I?
Nine: Is It My Fault?
Ten: What Are You Doing Here?
Eleven: Let's Try Again
Twelve: Flash Photography
Thirteen: Bad Luck
Fourteen: Time To Come Out
Fifteen: Crappy Week, Happy Ending
Sixteen: Cafe Q&A
Seventeen: A Bad Date
Eighteen: A Long Day At The Hospital
Nineteen: Finally Leaving
Twenty: It's All Unfolding
Twenty One: It's Finally Out
Twenty Three: The Funeral
Twenty Four: What A Bitch
Twenty Five: A Dinner With A Twist
Twenty Six: An Interview and A Dinner
Twenty Seven: The First Time
Twenty Eight: Forgiveness
Twenty Nine: Epilogue

Twenty Two: Paparazzi and Hospital Trips

135K 4.6K 1.9K
By ambxnc

That night, after Alex and I had finished what we were doing and Alex cleaned himself up, I asked Alex if I could sleep at his house, and he said yes.

So the next morning I opened my eyes, expecting Alex to be there, but I just woke up to an empty bed. Confused, I frowned, wondering where Alex was. However, I didn't bother getting up to find him so I just laid in bed.

I sat in silence, tracing my finger along the stitches on my stomach. It was quite sore after moving around a lot last night. We didn't do anything more than me giving him a hand-job, but grinding on him for most of the night didn't really help my wound feel better.

When I finally gathered the energy, I sat up and got out of bed in just my underwear. I walked over to the mirror and ran a hand through my messy hair in an attempt to neaten it, but it didn't really work. My eyes suddenly widened as I spotted a hickey in the crook of my neck.

To be honest I've had worse on a night out, but I haven't had one for a while so it just shocked me.

After I finished looking at myself in the mirror and sorting out my hair, I made my way downstairs.

I could smell bacon and eggs as I walked down the stairs, and soon enough I was in the kitchen watching Alex cooking breakfast. Such a cliché.

He was shirtless and wearing grey jogging pants. I wish I could wake up to that every morning.

I looked at Alex's neck, spotting the hickey I'd left on it last night. I bit my lip and smiled.

Alex smiled at me as he dished out the food onto two plates. "I was about to come and wake you up, but never mind." He said as I approached the counter island and sat down on a stool.

"I also washed your clothes. Well, I didn't, the maid did but...same thing." Alex told me, grinning as he handed me the plate of food. I thanked him and began eating.

"I've also got to go to the company soon, so I can either drop you off at home or you can stay here and be bored if you like." Alex offered as he sat down opposite me and began to eat his food.

"Actually could you take me with you? I want to drop in and speak to my dad." I asked. Alex nodded as he ate his food.

Once we'd finished eating, Alex gave me my clean clothes and we both got dressed and headed to Alex's company.

We talked for a while as Alex drove, but when we stopped outside the car park building attached to Alex's company building, his eyes widened, as did mine, as we stared at a crowd of paparazzi and reporters.

"Fuck." Alex whispered, frozen in his seat. There was no way we were getting passed them.

We both jumped as Alex's phone began to ring. He pulled it out of his pocket and answered it. I could hear a voice on the other end, but I didn't know what was being said.

"I know, I'm outside right now. I can't get in, you're gonna have to get someone to move them or something." Alex answered. I couldn't hear the other side of the call, but I could make out what the conversation was about.

"Yeah okay, I'll do that instead." Alex then ended the call. He began driving again and made his way around the back of the building.

"I usually get to my garage through the car park building because it's quicker, but that's not a choice so I'm going through the back." Alex explained to me as he drove.

"You have a garage here as well?" I asked, frowning.

"Well there's only room for two of my cars here, whereas there's only eight spots at my house." Alex continued, as if the sentence that just came out of his mouth was completely normal.

"Oh right, so that's only ten cars altogether then? Maybe you should get more." I replied sarcastically.

Alex nodded, "I'm thinking maybe another Audi, or a Lamborghini—you're being sarcastic aren't you?"

I grinned and nodded, "Alex I can't even afford a McDonalds half of the time and you can afford a brand new car even though you already have ten."

Alex laughed and continued to drive, until we were finally at the back of the building and driving down into the underground garage. When we drove in, the whole garage was a beautiful, marble white with a TV hung on the wall. For what? I don't know, but you know you're rich when you have a TV in your garage for no reason.

As we climbed out of the car, I saw another Audi next to us. Alex has way too much money.

Alex and I made our way to the lift and soon after we were in Alex's penthouse. There was a knock on the door at the other side of the room, causing Alex to sigh loudly. He stormed over to the double doors and opened one of them, revealing one of Alex's female employees.

I couldn't hear the conversation from here, but from Alex's expression I could tell he was slightly annoyed. He shut the door once their conversation had ended and walked back over to me.

"What was that about?" I asked him as he sat down at his desk, a frustrated sigh leaving his mouth.

"There's commotion downstairs and people asking questions and reporters and—I can't deal with this, who the hell thought this was a good idea?"

"You, I think." I responded, leaning against Alex's desk as I smiled at him.

Alex sighed again, before standing back up and sitting on the sofa. I stood up from the desk and followed him, before sitting next to him.

"So do they want an interview?" I asked him.

"Of course they do. They're not getting one though, not yet anyway. They can mind their own business while I sort everything out." Alex replied as he grabbed my hand and pulled me into him. He wrapped his arms around me and let out a deep breath, his cheek squishing against mine. I hugged him back and smiled as we just sat there.

"I'm supposed to be doing work." Alex said quietly as we cuddled.

"And I'm supposed to be talking to my dad but neither of us are doing anything about it, so let's just keep it that way." I responded, smiling at Alex.

My phone suddenly began ringing, so I pulled my phone out of my pocket, still snuggled up with Alex.

"Yo, your boyfriend came out gay last night!" Amy's loud voice began.

"I know you numpty, I was there when he did it." I replied, grinning. While I was talking to Amy, Alex pulled away from the hug and told me he was going to start his work. I nodded and smiled as he approached his desk.

"So what's going on? Is he gonna do an interview or something?" Amy asked.

"I'm not sure. I know he doesn't want to right now, but he might."

"Also, you were on the news a couple of hours ago. You're probably on it again. You're like one of the main five stories because nothing that interesting is happening in the world right now." Amy informed me.

My eyes widened as I grabbed Alex's TV remote and told him I wanted to see what they'd done with the interview I did with them.

I looked at the TV, watching as the news presenters finished talking about something, when my name finally came up and they began speaking.

All that really happened was that they showed a photo of the restaurant I'd left that night when I got stabbed, and as they showed the photos and video clips of the crime scene, they retold the story I gave them in their own words. They also added that the guy who stabbed me had not been caught yet, which annoyed me.

After I watched the news I continued talking to Amy, then soon after we hung up and I stood up to go see my dad.

"Can I come back up after I've seen my dad?" I asked as Alex stared at his computer and typed.

"I doubt you'll want to sit and watch me work all day. Is there nothing else you want to do with your day?" Alex asked, still typing away.

"Well, I'm not allowed back to work yet, you're at work, so is my dad, Amy's at college and I don't really want to make my way home alone and spend the rest of the day bored and watching TV." I explained as Alex looked up at me, frowning.

"Are you still scared to go out alone?" Alex asked in a gentle but concerned tone. I looked down at the floor and sighed, then nodded.

"Let's just say me getting stabbed didn't really help with my sleeping pattern and I'm feeling ever so slightly anxious, so yeah, I'm pretty scared." I responded, sighing quietly.

Alex gave me a sympathetic look and stopped typing.

"What do I do? How do I help you?" Alex asked.

I shook my head, "all you can do is just stay by my side really. I'll get over it, trust me. I'll be fine soon."

Alex nodded and gave me a small smile. I smiled back and left his penthouse and made my way to my dad's office. Once I got there, dad's eyes widened.

"Lukas, why are you here?" Dad asked in a concerned tone of voice.

I frowned, "I just came here with Alex and I wanted to speak to you."

"There's reporters and paparazzi everywhere looking for Alex, if they see you with him they're gonna know straight away that you're his boyfriend. And can I ask why the hell a picture of you and Alex kissing was posted on the internet?" Dad asked, his eyebrows raising.

I looked down at the floor. I really didn't want my dad seeing that.

"It's a long story. But that bitch Emily who worked for Alex posted it. Something was going on with them so she did it to get back at him." I explained.

"Emily? Emily Jay? She's like Alex's best business partner and his best friend too, why'd she do that?" Dad asked, a look of shock on his face. I shrugged my shoulders and sighed.

"Also," dad began, a sad look on his face, "invitations have been sent for your mum's funeral. It's tomorrow."

I nodded and sighed quietly, a sad look on my face.

"I'm, uh, gonna go back up to Alex, see you later." I said, before leaving dad's office.

It feels too soon to be saying goodbye to my mum. It just feels as though she's gone on a really long holiday. It doesn't feel like she's dead. Of course, that's going to change tomorrow.

I began making my way back up to Alex, but I felt the need to get myself a drink from the cafe, so I made my way down there first. Obviously walking down there and being around all these people was unnerving, but I got through it.

Once I was at the cafe, I ordered a hot chocolate. Then after I was served, I looked outside the windows at the entrance to see around fifteen people, some paparazzi, some reporters. I knew I was safe, as on the picture that was posted my face was covered, so I just watched a security guard stand there and ensure they didn't come in.

However, my safety was ruined when I saw Emily's face. Her eyes travelled over to me and they widened, before she pointed at me. I couldn't hear what she was saying, but I did see the word 'boyfriend' come out of her big mouth.

Before I knew it, cameras began flashing at me, so I began running. I ran through all the people on the bottom floor and practically threw myself into the lift, feeling my wound stinging. I pressed the button to take me back up to Alex's penthouse, sharp pains now shooting through my stomach. I winced and groaned, pressing my hand down on the pain. It would hopefully stop in a minute.

I got out of the lift and ran through Alex's door, ignoring the woman shouting at me not to go in there as she didn't know who I was. Alex stood up and frowned at me as I ran in, the woman following behind me.

"Lukas what's going on?" Alex asked, frowning in confusion as he rushed towards me.

"Emily's down there...she just...told all the reporters who I am." I told him between heavy breaths.

Alex was about to answer, when he looked down at my stomach, his eyes widening, and I suddenly felt awfully lightheaded.

"Oh my god, Lukas, you're bleeding." Alex pointed out loudly as my brain and my eyes went a little fuzzy and dark, and I felt myself beginning to fall, until his arms wrapped around me and stopped me from falling.

"Lukas, are you alright? Can you hear me?" Alex asked, his voice full of worry. He helped me stand up and kept his arms wrapped around me to hold me up.

I nodded, "yeah I'm fine, I just went a bit dizzy."

"No shit." Alex said quietly.

"Should I call an ambulance?" Asked the woman as she stood at the door.

"No it's fine, I'll drive him, I don't need anymore attention on me or him. If anyone needs me, tell them to wait, unless it's really important then tell them to call me." Alex told her, before helping me to the lift.

We made our way down to his garage and he drove me to the hospital. Once I got there, they let me straight in and told me I'd ripped my stitches.

Yeah, no shit, Sherlock.

They redid my stitches and told me to take it easy. They also told me I could come back in about a week to have the stitches taken out if I'm careful. Apparently another repeat of this won't be good for me.

Alex took me back to his penthouse and told me to lay on the sofa and rest while he continued with some work.

After all of that happened, he only had to stay at the company for another hour to finish some work. So after that, he took my back to my house and stayed with me for a while until my dad came back in the evening. He told my dad what had happened, resulting in my dad turning into a worrying wreck.

That night, I went to bed early as I had to get up early in the morning for my mum's funeral.

-

I'm sooo sorry I took so long to update. My life has been so busy and it's hard to keep up.

thank you so much for reading, leave a vote and comment!

Love you guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 48.4K 64
Jamie is happy with life, he has everything under control and every day is the same, just like he wants it. He is a loner by choice, girlfriends and...
SAFE (mxm) By Anna Nikol

General Fiction

468K 25.6K 80
A handsome man, obsessed with computers, workout and books, clever, well known for his professional expertise, rich and impressive. David is all of t...
278K 10.4K 31
Don't blush. It will just make you look sweeter... Whack! Smack! Slap! Xavier That sound has always made my heart flutter. Especially after a fateful...
26.2K 675 16
Meet Oliver Evans he is 27 years old and just landed a job as secretary to big shot CEO. He hasn't met his new boss yet because he has only exchange...