The Outlaw (Now on Radish)

By JaneKiley713

Abigail lived in her sister's shadow all of her life. She had to live up to her only sister's expectations. S... More

NOW ON RADISH
NOTICE
The Outlaw
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue
Recent Events

Chapter 10

701 30 0
By JaneKiley713

I stared at the string on my finger as Helen helped me dress. Most of my things were already packed in trunks, which were being loaded onto the family carriage. Albert and Daniel's things were sent to the Summer House nearly a week ago. Victor had been there for two and a half weeks. I was supposed to leave for him on Saturday, but my health had not quite recovered. I was anxious to see him again, since we would be married once I set foot in the house.

"Abby, you are shaking." Helen murmured as she laced up my special corset.

"My apologies." I murmured, playing with the string on my finger. We were to leave once the sun had set. That was two hours from now. I would be married by midnight, and a properly married woman by morning. My nerves were the least of my problems.

"Victor is very excited, I am sure. You know he cannot wait to make a proper woman out of you." Helen assured me, hugging me around the middle. "And then we shall be sisters."

"I am looking forward to being your sister, Helen. I hope one day Albert shall make you a proper woman." I teased, placing my hands over hers.

"All I ask of you is to give me one niece or nephew in the future." She said.

"I will try," I murmured, placing one hand on my stomach. Helen kissed my cheek before taking my dress and slipping it over my head. She buttoned the back of it quickly, then stood beside me with a smile.

"You must be the most beautiful bride in all of history." She murmured, taking my hand. I smiled and kissed her cheek, keeping her hand in mine.

"You are too kind." I whispered. My father knocked on my door before entering. Helen and I turned to face him, and my father smiled at me.

"Are you ready, my love?" He asked, crossing the room to face us. "Yes, Papa, we are ready." Papa took my hand and placed it on his arm, leading us to the main foyer. Albert and Daniel were waiting for us, and my twin's face lit up at the sight of Helen. I smiled faintly as Albert took her hand and escorted her down the stairs. Mama awaited us at the bottom of the stairs, accompanied by Katrina and the rest of our family. One by one, they said their good-byes. Katrina embraced me last, squeezing me tightly.

"I love you, Abby." She whispered in my ear. "Remember, whatever happens tonight happens on your consent. If he loves you, he will yield to that. Do not be afraid to say 'no' if you are not ready."

"Thank you, Kat." I whispered. "I will write you when I can." She kissed my cheek softly, keeping her tears at bay.

"Be happy, my darling sister." She said, making me promise this.

"I will," I promised her as Daniel's arm went around my waist.

"Time to go, Abby." He said in my ear. I let Daniel escort me to the carriage, and I settled in next to Helen. She watched as Albert and Daniel mounted their horses and led the way to the Summer House. Mama and Papa were quiet for the hours we spent jostling in the carriage. Helen paid no mind to it, but I knew why they were so quiet. I was getting married. This was a feat none of us imagined possible. And once Victor's name was cleared, presumably, we would leave my parent's home. Helen took my hand in hers, keeping me grounded as we grew closer and closer to the house.

"Abigail, breathe. Everything will be perfect." She whispered to me. "Now rest, because tonight you may not be able to." I stared at her with my eyes wide.

"Helen!" I exclaimed in a whisper. "Hold your tongue."

"What? It is the truth." She said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes as I rested my head on her shoulder. I must have dozed off, since I awoke to the carriage stopping. Helen squeezed my hand before letting it go. "We are here, sister." She murmured in my ear. I smiled at Helen as the door opened. Mama and Papa exited first, shaking hands with Victor and one of Papa's associates. Helen exited next, being helped by Albert. I watched as Victor moved past Papa, reaching his sister and kissing her cheek. I moved to exit the carriage and Victor was there in a flash. His hands were on my waist, lifting me into the air and spinning me around.

"Victor!" I exclaimed, wrapping my arms around his neck. He lowered me enough to press his lips to mine. "Oh, how I missed you!"

"You were always in my heart, Abigail." He murmured, wrapping an arm around my waist. We walked towards my family, smiling happily at each other. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach as I saw my mother. Her eyes were already wet with tears, and a few even slipped down her cheeks.

"Oh, my baby!" She exclaimed, rushing towards Victor and me. Her deceivingly thin arms pulled us into a bone crushing hug, kissing the two of us repeatedly. "Promise me you will take great care of her, Victor. Or I will not allow this marriage to continue."

"I promise that as long as Abigail will have me, I shall cherish her as if she were a princess." He vowed, kissing my head. "I will take care of her as long as I live."

"Thank you, Victor." Mama said, taking our hands. "Come now, the priest will not wait forever." Mama led the way to the inside of the house, our entire family trailing behind her. Victor stopped me at the door of the front parlor room, taking my left hand and kissing it gently.

"I shall see you in a few moments, Lady Goddard." He murmured with a smirk. I watched as he slipped into the room, my brothers standing behind him. Papa stood beside me and offered me his arm.

"Promise me you'll always need me, Abby?" He whispered, pressing a kiss to my temple. "Of course I will, Papa. I am your baby girl." I said softly.

"Come, that young man is waiting for you." He said, escorting me down the make-shift aisle. Helen stood across from her brother, a grin on her face as she watched me walk down the aisle. Papa stopped in front of Victor, a neutral look upon his face. He took our hands and put them together, giving my fiancée a stern look before moving next to Mama. I could not focus on what our priest was saying. All I could focus on was Victor. It was like there was a white noise around us, and I could only hear him speak.

"Abby," Helen murmured, nudging me with her hand. I looked at her open hand, a sliver band in the center of it. I took the ring and slid it onto Victor's finger, reciting what the priest said. Victor repeated the motion, sliding the matching silver band onto my left finger. He untied the string as the priest continued, only pausing for us to say 'I do.' Victor pulled me to him as the priest made his final remarks, kissing me thoroughly. I pulled away as my family began to clap, making me blush. Victor held me close, his fingers intertwined with my hair.

"Come, let us eat before the happy couple hides away from the world." Papa exclaimed, moving towards the dining room. Victor held me in his arms, keeping us back from our family for just a moment more. Victor tilted my head up and kissed me again, his lips just barely touching mine.

"I love you, Mrs. Gray." He said against my lips. "And I will fight to be with you to the ends of the earth."

"Say it again?" I asked, curling my fingers into his neck. "Victor, please?"

"I love you, Mrs. Abigail Gray." He said, kissing me again. He pulled away, smiling wide at me. He took my hand and led me into the dining room, pulling me into his seat. "You are not leaving my side for the next three days, Abigail." He murmured in my ear.

Dinner could not have ended sooner. My family began teasing Albert and Helen throughout dinner, telling them that they would be next to marry. Perhaps they were right. But for now, I wanted my brother and my friend to enjoy courtship, for mine was cut too short.

"Darling, you are overthinking." He murmured in my ear, pressing a kiss to the space behind it. I turned my head towards Victors, placing my hand upon his cheek. Victor breathed out, placing one arm under my knees and the other behind my back. He stood quickly, bowing his head to my family.

"Excuse us, please. We shall see you at breakfast, tomorrow!" Victor exclaimed, rushing for the stairs. I giggled as my husband rushed up the stairs, stumbling into his room. He kicked the door closed behind him and set me on my feet. Victor knotted his fingers in my hair, drawing our faces closer together. I moved my hands to his chest, toying with the buttons on his vest. With his free hand, Victor trapped my hand to his chest with a small smile.

"We don't have to do this tonight, Abigail. I can wait if you don't feel ready." He said, pressing a kiss to my forehead. I curled my fingers into the fabric of his vest, pulling him closer to me.

"Victor, I trust you." I murmured, pressing a kiss to his hand. "I love you, darling. I want to be your wife every way possible." Victor sighed and rested his forehead against mine.

"What if I hurt you? What if your back seizes? What if—" I pressed my lips to his, silencing him effectively.

"I know you've thought a lot about this, but I trust you. Whatever happens, we can handle. We won't know what will happen unless we try." I said, pulling Victor closer to me. I kissed him again, this time unbuttoning his vest. I reached for his cravat, then his dress shirt, pushing all the garments away to reveal his toned torso. I pressed a kiss over his heart and smiled, running my hands down his sides. I moved to remove his trousers, but Victor stopped me. He lifted me into his arms and I wrapped my legs around his waist. Victor smiled lopsidedly at me as he walked to his bed—our bed. Victor set me on my feet and turned my around to face the bed.

"I love you," He murmured as he unbuttoned my dress. I smiled as I turned to look at him. For he was my future.

*

*

*

"Get back here!" Victor exclaimed, reaching for my waist. I swatted his hands away as I reached for my robe. Victor grabbed my waist and pulled me onto his lap, kissing my neck gently. "We only have hours left before I go back to the lawyer." I turned around to straddle his lap, biting my lip slightly.

"As tempting as that sounds, we must eat. We haven't seen our family in two days!" I exclaimed, threading my fingers through his hair. Victor smirked and kissed me, drawing me closer to him. "Victor, stop distracting me!" I mumbled against his lips. His hands wandered down to the hem of my nightgown, playing with the hemline. My hands gripped his naked shoulders and I smiled.

"Victor," I whispered, pressing closer to him. "Let us join my family for supper. I do not want to keep them long." Victor groaned, placing his head in the crook of my neck.

"I'll make it worth your wildest dreams, my love." I whispered in his ear. "Help me dress, please? I'll need you to button the back of my dress." I got up from his lap and moved to the end of the bed, where my dress from days earlier was strewn. I stepped into the dress and pulled it up my body, watching as my husband slowly left the bed. Victor made quick work of buttoning the back of my dress, then opened his own trunk and took a new shirt out. He dressed quickly then took my hand, kissing my wedding ring.

"Did you know that was my mother's ring?" He asked as we walked out of the room. "Helen was given these by our mother. She told her; 'Give these to your brother when he's found the woman he cannot live without.' I thought she was ridiculous, but then I found you, and my world was set right side up."

"They must have had a happy marriage." I commented, tightening my hand around his. "They did, for the time that they were together was the happiest I had ever seen them." He pressed another kiss to my hand with a devious smile.

"We will be even happier, Abigail. I'll go to the ends of the earth to make sure of it." He murmured. We stopped before the main staircase, giving me the opportunity to raise myself up and kiss him quickly.

"I would rather you found 'not guilty' and live, if that's alright with you." I murmured. Victor lifted me into his arms and began walking down the staircase, his eyes boring into mine with every step.

"We're trying so hard to make that come true, love. He has more resources, false evidence, more money than we do. I don't even have the syringe used to inject Matthew. I lose hope every time I enter that study." He confessed as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"We'll fight this together, Victor. I won't let his pride take you from me." I vowed, taking his hand in mine.

"For better or for worse." Victor mused, leading me to the dining room.

*

*

*

*

*

Hello Lovlies!

Next update for The outlaw will be TBD since I haven't updated on Radish in forever. Speaking of Radish, updates on both Wattpad and Radish will be really spaced out because I am juggling class, homework and sports. I will try and update as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

DoctorWho 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1M 238K 106
They are married, but not a couple. . . They are Husband and Wife, but complete strangers. . . What will happen when their worlds collide together? ...
98.3K 4.1K 15
He saved her from drowning... Who will save her from him... Matthew Weldrick must marry and produce an heir. Giving up being a rake will be...
25.1K 1.2K 20
Katrina Goddard, oldest daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Suffolk. Her crimson hair and brown eyes enchant the many suitors of England, making her...
38.5K 1.1K 15
The faint glow of the moon glisten through the drapes over his tanned skin, daring me to awaken all the forbidden desires I kept buried in my thought...