Nerds | incomplete

By sammybammy124

Nerd. [nurd] noun, slang. 1. a person considered to be socially awkward, boring, unstylish, etc. 2... More

a/n:
1. photosynthesis
3. light
4. pH scale

2. sine pi/two

277 28 27
By sammybammy124

Renuki couldn't believe that her maid didn't wake her up on time. Even her mother didn't bother to wake her up. On a school day! Also, her phone had died somewhere in the middle of the night so her alarm didn't wake her up too, not that it ever did.

She was so late. So terribly late. She hadn't even had time to put on her makeup. That's how late she was. Cursing everyone in the world she tried to at least line her eyes in the car but it was probably one of the hardest things to do after chemistry practical. By the time she reached school, she was still a mess.

'Ma'am we are here.'

'Yes, I know!' Renuki said, as she wore her eyeliner and lip gloss.

Abruptly the car door opened.

'Renuki....' Her friend shouted but the voice slowly faded away as she took in her appearance.

'What happened?' Avantika asked.

'Got up late.' Renuki grumbled as she got out of her car.

'Did you even put the foundation!' Avantika inquired.

'No! Gosh what would happen if I didn't put make up for just one day aney?!' Renuki shouted, frustrated at everything that has happened since morning.

But she shouldn't have asked that question because Avantika just stared at Renuki wide eyed.

'I....uh...I meant am really annoyed right now. I didn't really mean it.' Renuki tried to convince Avantika but it didn't seem like it was going anywhere.

'I'll see you later.' Avantika said coldly before slamming the door.

Renuki stared at the door.

'Geez what was her problem anyways.' She muttered under her breath before getting out of the vehicle.

She had a few minutes before her homeroom class started so she decided to put her time to good use.

She took her emergency make up kit from her locker and went to the staircase that leads to the basement. She didn't risk going to the washroom because she didn't want to be ridiculed and she wasn't ready to meet Avantika as of yet.

She took her compact powder and looking at the tiny mirror she worked her magic. She was peacefully wearing her makeup until Kevan came along.

'Hey girl, is your sine pi over two because I think you're the one.' Kevan winked at her.

Renuki groaned, pausing from putting on her eyeliner.

'You again!'

'Yes me.' He leans against the banister, crossing his arms over his chest.

Renuki rolled her eyes before continuing to line her eyes, trying her best to ignore the smirking nerd in front of her. But she felt uncomfortable in his presence so much so that she could not concentrate on winging her eyeliner. After much struggle she finally managed to finish applying her makeup.

Now she could concentrate on the nerd.

'What do you want?'

'Nothing.'

'Then what are you doing here?'

He yawned and stretched, taking his own cool time to reply.

'Just thought you might need the company.'

Renuki rolled her eyes.

'I don't need company from people like you.' She snapped at him before packing her makeup bag.

He stood up straight after hearing her comment.

'What do you mean by people like me?'

'Uh...you know,' she looked him up and down, 'you are not really meant to be with people like us.'

Kevan rolled his eyes and scoffed.

'Seriously Renuki you divide people by looks '

'Well not only looks. Money and reputation counts as well.'

Kevan had a look of disgust on his face. Was she really this materialistic? He had assumed that she just loved clothes but it seemed that she was far more Barbie-ish than he thought. God what was it with these type of people?

'What about intelligence and good character?'

She shrugged,

'Yeah maybe.'

He scoffed at her.

'You're unbelievable.'

She flipped her hair and said,

'Of course I am.' before leaving to class.

Kevan shook his head at her stupidity and left to his homeroom class.

After the register had been marked and the necessary reminders of the payment of fees had been said, the students of year thirteen were dismissed to their first lesson of the day. And surprisingly Renuki found herself wondering about Kevan at that time.

Like why would he even talk to her suddenly and use a math related pickup line on her?! Out of all the pickup lines he could use he had to use a line that was related to mathematics! A subject that she didn't even take!

But just to understand what he had said she did use a calculator to find out the humour in that line.

Sine pi/2 was sine 90 which was equal to one and so what he said was true and weirdly enough funny to her. She almost laughed out loud because of that but caught herself just in time. God that idiot.

Shaking her head at his lameness she made her way to biology where she found herself looking for the aforementioned idiot. She didn't know why but she had guessed that maybe Kevan is telling nerdy puns to her on purpose like that day during Biology, the pun about photosynthesis.

That day was the first proper interaction they ever had. She doesn't really remember much about him before that except for the fact that he was a senator, a prefect, won so many awards including 'star of year' award for five consecutive years. So the reason to talk to her and tell her those puns were either to annoy her or the most obvious reason, he liked her. That was a little bit of a disgusting thought but she knew that they couldn't help themselves. She is one of the most popular girls after all.

'Renuki??? !'

She looked away from the whiteboard which had drawings of the plant cell to her biology teacher who had an annoyed look on his face.

Renuki stood up, smiling apologetically. When Kevan saw her standing up, he was shocked. He expected her to be snobby and act like a spoiled brat but instead she actually stood up and apologized for day dreaming. As Kevan looked at her through the corner of his eyes he realized that maybe there is something underneath all that glamour that still makes her human.

👓

'Maala! Maala!' Renuki shouted out her maid's name as soon as she entered her home.

Maala came running from the kitchen to tend to her mistress.

'Yes, miss Renuki. What is the matter?'

'You do know that Dada is having a dinner tonight right.' Renuki spoke as she climbed up the stairs.

'Yes, Miss Renuki.' The maid replied as she followed the lady.

'And you do know that it is a grand dinner where most of Dada's major business associates and clients would be coming right?' Renuki continued to speak while entering her huge room.

'Yes miss.' Maala continued to nod her head as she followed the young girl into her room.

'Then why did I just see Dasiru driver take my dress, the very dress that I planned to where, for this dinner that we were talking about?' She turned around to face Maala, putting her hands on her hips.

Maala knew that she was going to get scolded just by looking at her mistress's face.

'For what Maala? Answer me now!'

'For dry cleaning.' Maala squeaked.

'For dry cleaning huh,' Renuki sneered, 'You gave my dress for dry cleaning just a few hours before the dinner?' She asked slowly.

Maala nodded, looking quite scared now.

'And what do you think I am going to wear now?'

'That dress which we gave for dry cleaning miss.' Maala stuttered.

'If I do not get this dress before six I will cut your salary.' Renuki shouted at Maala before gesturing her to leave the room.

Maala bowed her head slightly before rushing off to inform the driver to give Miss Renuki's precious dress for express dry cleaning and to get the dress before six because she was sure that miss Renuki would have their heads before cutting off their salary.

Renuki let out a huge sigh before settling on her couch. Out of all the days that she had asked Maala to send her dress for dry cleaning, she had to do it today.

Taking out her phone from the pocket she checked her social media. Of course she had to snap her sad story so making a face with a bunny filter and captioned it saying how life sucked. After going through her friends snaps she went to the washroom to freshen up.

After her wash, she applied her moisturizing creams. Wearing just a simple cotton t shirt and shorts she flopped on her bed and switched on her MacBook to do her homework.

'Renuki miss. Get up. Renuki miss.' Maala shook the girl who had fallen asleep on her laptop.

Renuki groaned and rubbed her eyes as she got up.

'What is it Maala?' The girl asked, her voice still thick with sleep.

'It's almost six o'clock miss.'

'So?'

'Er...the dinner party....' Maala trailed off as she saw her mistress's eyes widen.

'Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!' She swore as she tumbled out of her bed to get ready.

'Urgh Maala why didn't you wake me up earlier?'

'Sorry miss. Didn't know that you were sleeping-'

'Why Maala? Why?' Renuki wailed as she ran to her washroom.

'- and I just came to check on you now.'

'Oh God.' Renuki shut her bathroom door and stripped off her clothes.

During her hot shower while slathering her moisturizing body wash was only when she remembered her dress. Her beautiful and sophisticated dark green dress. Frustrated that her maid had to give the dress today, she searched through her mind wondering what other dress she had to wear. Not really coming up with anything she angrily wiped herself and wore her undergarments and her robe.

Opening her closet door, she went through the fancy gowns section of it. But she could find nothing that was as perfect as the green dress that she had chosen last week for tonight's dinner. Frustrated she slammed the door shut and proceeded to the dresser to start on her make up.

She started off with a primer, concealer and foundation as her base. And just as she was contemplating on the colour of her eyeshadow Maala called her.

'Renuki miss.'

Renuki turned around and found her dream come true for there was Maala holding her gorgeous green dress, grinning at her.

Squealing she took the dress and twirled around with it exclaiming,

'Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much Maala!'

Maala smiled and asked her to hurry up and get dressed before leaving the room. Grinning, Renuki wore her dress happily before continuing to apply her makeup.

She first used the highlighter and bronzer for her face, highlighting and sharpening her features with the brushes. After that she decided to do her eyes. Since her dress was a dark green she chose to go for a dark look with her eyes. Basically, doing the smoky eye by blending a dark gold and bronze eyeshadow and the winging her eyeliner. She dabbed the edges of her liner to give it a smoky look. She then lined her eyes with a dark kajal and applied mascara to her lashes.

'I think I need to get new supplies.' Renuki thought to herself as she saw her short brow pencil. After filling in her brows she then applied a light red matte lipstick to complete her look. After posing with different faces at the mirror, she was finally satisfied with her look.

'And now for the hair!' She giggled loudly before rummaging through her drawers to find her curler. She scrolled through her phone and clicked on her 'Taylor Swift' playlist which consisted of every Swift song ever released and then started to curl her hair. Her long jet black hair was one of her favourite features about her and now with the added dark blue highlights, which was only properly visible in the sun, she loved it even more. Singing louder than ever to 'Picture to Burn' she made big curls to her hair. Once she was done she used bobby pins to pin up her hair into an updo. She wore a dark green flower hair pin on her hair and a long pair of silver earrings. She also wore a matching silver bracelet.

She looked beautiful. She snapped a few pictures and uploaded some online before leaving the room. Everyone knew that the daughter of Gunasekera has arrived when they hear the click clack of her stilettos. She smiles at the crowd before joining her mother and father where they were mingling with the guests. And this party seemed to be the biggest one yet that her parents had hosted and as she smiled at everyone and answered their questions she wondered if anyone here really cared for their family. Or were all here just to suck it up to her father. She always wondered the same thing.

'Renuki dear.' Her mother called her.

'Yes mama.'

'This is Mrs.......'

Renuki sighed as her mother introduced her to yet another woman who was very prominent in the business field.

Tonight was going to be a long night.

👓

i know i know too much detail on the make up and all but i have to say that this whole look for Renuki was created by my friends i.e the A/L science nerds (as i like to call them) because i was in school wheni was writing this chappie and I didn't have Youtube or Google and so they helped me out. Sooo thanjooberrymush guyyyssss

oso I do not know much about make up and all of that stuff so if you guys know about it and could help this poor author out by suggesting some looks for Renuki. It could be casual or dressy. Anything is fine. it can be either make up or clothes or hair or all of it. oh do mention what scene it would be suitable to use it for as well. if you guys want to that is.

so yeah

vote

comment

share

add it to your reading list

take care pi

till next time

=)❤sammy

p.s. dedicated to sab because of her recent obsession to math pick up lines :'D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

BLUE BLOOD By ec

Teen Fiction

362K 13.7K 63
Anybody who is a somebody knows that the blue-blooded heirs of Queens Erlington Academy keep secrets. Never fall in love with a blue blood or you'll...
121K 9.3K 11
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
40.9K 1.1K 70
Harry Potter x female reader °。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。 Cedric Diggory has a younger sister named Y/n and she's starting her fourth year at Hogwarts. H...
1.7M 63.3K 59
As future king, Prince Thomas is set to hold his selection in order to find a wife. 20 girls from the Commonwealth are chosen to compete for his hear...