Infelicitous | f. odair

By sleepdeprived

❝Loving you was the most exquisite form of self destruction.❞ [catching fire and so forth] © 2016 sleepdepriv... More

00 | INFELICITOUS
PART I
01 | MASQUERADE
02 | CONFIDANTE
03 | EXEMPLARY
04 | ENDEAVOR
05 | QUELL
06 | ASCENDANCY
07 | DIAPHANOUS
08 | BRAVADO
09 | AVOWAL
10 | AMORE
11 | INFLAME
12 | MIASMATIC
13 | VIRULENT
14 | ASPHYXIATE
15 | GAIETY
16 | PIROUETTE
17 | LANGUISH
18 | DISPOSITION
19 | RIOT
20 | STAR-CROSSED
PART II
21 | THE MOCKINGJAY
22 | THE ENEMY
23 | THE DISTRICT
24 | THE INTERVIEW
25 | THE CONDITIONS
26 | THE DECISION
27 | THE TEAM
28 | THE ARSENAL
29 | THE BEYOND
30 | THE REMAINS
31 | THE RAIN
32 | THE THORNS
33 | THE RESCUE
PART III
34 | CUTS AND BRUISES
35 | SILENCE AND A VISIT
36 | TRIDENT AND BOW
37 | OLD FRIENDS AND DRESSES
38 | PROMISES AND KISSES
40 | UNITS AND NIGHTLOCK
41 | MUTTS AND A SCENARIO
42 | TELEPHONE CALLS AND REVELATIONS
43 | NEW GAMES AND MOCKINGJAYS
44 | PROPOS AND GUNFIRE
45 | AS DARK AS THE OCEAN
46 | KISS ME, KILL ME
47 | DEATH DO US PART
48 | FOLLOW ME IF YOU CAN
49 | WAR TACTICS
50 | THE GIRL ON FIRE
51 | SURVIVOR
52 | WHITE ROSES
53 | HOME
EPILOGUE

39 | HONEYMOON AND A PLAN

16.3K 467 197
By sleepdeprived

39 | HONEYMOON AND A PLAN

An arm was spread across her bare waist, a hand curled against her stomach, seeking warmth from the cold room. Her hair fell in tangles, far from the beautiful style Effie had created hours ago. The room was dark, the bed sheets wrapped around the lower half of their torsos, sending goosebumps to flourish across her skin.

His naked chest pressed firmly into her back, allowing her to feel every dip and curve of his body. She didn't mind it, she didn't mind anything when it involved him, truthfully. She just wanted to soak in the peaceful moment, feeling the soft breaths escaping him flutter against her shoulder, and the overwhelming feeling of finally being someone's last.

She thought back to her Games, the sudden death of her family and the boy she had loved unconditionally until death had them part, and to the abandonment Snow had put her through for years. She felt strong, powerful even, seeing how far she had come. She had done the one thing Snow feared; she had fallen in love. And to many, love was a dangerous and powerful thing that she wielded like a sword.

A small peck of a kiss brushed against the base of her throat, a gentle action that made her shudder involuntarily. Finnick smirked against her. Greyson felt his lips near the shell of her ear. "You should be sleeping, Grey," he murmured, his voice thick from a deep sleep.

Greyson stared at the wall across from them, where their dresser was. On the floor, her gown was crumpled in a heap of white, mixed with his suit jacket and pants. Everything else was strewn across the room, submerged in darkness.

"So should you," she said back, countering him with a tiny smile itching at the corners of her lips.

Finnick rolled her toward him, so she could meet his ocean-green eyes. His hand rested on her back, low enough to make her shiver and her body to lean into his intoxicating touch. He stared at her, trying to decipher what was going on in that head of hers. "What are you thinking about?" He pondered.

Greyson leaned her head on the pillow, gazing up at him. "Everything."

He smiled, noticing the playful glint in her eyes. He ran his hand up her side to gently cup her jaw, brushing his thumb over her cheek endearingly. "That's a lot to think about this late at night," he mused. "How are you?" He asked, his voice carrying a slight weight to it.

Greyson's mind flickered back to the loving caresses, the passionate and rough kisses, the painfully euphoric feeling. She could still feel him, everywhere and all at once in a beautiful, yet raw way. "Fine, I think," Greyson cut herself short, a devious smirk slithering its way into her face, "but you could always help make the pain go away."

It was a blunt suggestion, to Finnick, that had him pinning her against the mattress all over again, adoring the way her laughter turned into sweet music to his ears.

***

She fastened her hair into a low bun, tendrils of hair falling around her face. Her face was clean of makeup, besides a few swipes of mascara and chapstick, if that was even accounted for as makeup. She fixed the crooked and gray long-sleeved shirt she was instructed to wear, along with a pair of loose fitting black pants and boots. She wasn't completely sure why Boggs had come by to give them to her and Finnick, then telling them that they were needed in Central Command. It was all so sudden.

One night, she thought. We got one night together.

"Grey, you okay in there?" Finnick asked through the closed door. She hadn't realized how much time had passed since she had been in the bathroom.

She pulled open the door and gave him a strong smile. "Fine, are you ready to go?"

He nodded, eyeing her with an inquisitive gaze, just before his hand found hers, as it usually seemed to do. "Let's go."

They left the room. Greyson walked down the hall, passing people who were enjoying their early afternoon. Most were at lunch and the children were at school, but the few who they did pass gave them a respectful nod, sending all sorts of feelings to buzz inside of her. It was odd to be seen as a 'leader', knowing that she was the most quiet person she knew. It all had changed from when she barely stepped foot outside of her house, and now she was going to visit the possible future President of Panem.

As they made it to Central Command, the propo team was there and Boggs and a few unfamiliar faces, dressed in similar outfits as Finnick and Greyson. Cressida flashed Greyson an encouraging grin, her ashen blonde hair fastened back out of her face in a sort of complex braid.

Greyson's eyes darted down to Cressida's pocket, where a gun was fastened to her waist. They all had guns. She stiffened immediately, her back going rigid and her blood pounding in her ears like rushing water. Finnick squeezed her hand reassuringly, whispering under his breath, "nobody in this room is going to hurt you," as they approached the center table.

President Coin stood up from her spot at the head of the table, next to her sat Plutarch, who seemed to be overlooking some notes he had taken previously. Coin had cut her hair, Greyson had noticed, and there was something different about her. Greyson couldn't put her finger on it.

"Greyson, Finnick, welcome," she greeted. "You must be very confused as to why we've brought you here, but seeing as we're running out of time to strike the enemy, " Snow, Greyson immediately thought in a withering voice, "and our other Mockingjay and Johanna Mason have escaped with Gale Hawthorne to District Two, Plutarch and I have decided that it would be best if we made our move." Coin paused, letting Plutarch step in.

He cleared his throat, nodding in agreement to Coin. "Yes, um, so far, there are a few troops planted outside the walls of the Capitol, but they haven't managed to penetrate the inside without. . . without casualties. Which," he heaved a useless laugh, a pathetic attempt to deter the tension. "Which is where you come in; all of you."

"You will all be deployed outside the ruins of the Capitol, where camp has been set up already and where Hawthorne, Everdeen, and Mason should be when you arrive. If all goes well within the next few days, we may all be looking at a new Panem and a new future." Coin smiled as if she had already won the war and she was declared President.

Greyson clenched her other hand that wasn't gripped Finnick's into a tight fist. "So what you're saying is that you're sending us to the Capitol to be slaughtered?" Her voice was full of bitterness, shocking some people in the room.

Coin furrowed her brow and forced a condescending look into her face, a mask to hide her true emotions toward Greyson. "Miss Odair, you are our most qualified and experienced mercenary, along with Finnick, Boggs, and Lieutenant Jackson," she listed a handful of the people in the room. "Unless, you'd rather stay here?" She raised a threatening brow.

Greyson's blood boiled. She wanted to let go of Finnick's hand and show Coin just how much she loathed her, but she restrained herself and held Finnick's hand tighter, if that was even possible. "I'm surprised, Madam Coin, that even after all this time you still manage to underestimate me." With that, Greyson left to room, a smirking Finnick following behind his wife who had a sway in her hips.

A/N: damn it's been awhile. also, I'd like to address one thing – WE GOT TO 100K+ READS WTF YOU GUYS ARE INCREDIBLE. I can't believe we've gotten this far, and even though our journey is almost over, I'm glad to have shared it with you all, even to those who will probably not stick around to read my other books ahah (I swear that wasn't self promotion ;)). as you can tell, I've added Johanna to the group bc I thought it made sense considering she deserved to be fighting in the Capitol just as much as the others. I wish they had the left over victors instead of new characters bc we could've had a dream team of victors, but that's just my opinion. btw I promise I'll update soon, finding the script online is hard, but I think I'll get past it ahaha. with that, thank you for reading and leaving your lovely and amazing comments as always! I'll see you soon! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

485K 11.3K 52
"ITS HARD TO WAKE UP FROM A NIGHTMARE IF YOU NEVER REALLY WERE ASLEEP." In which her innocence is stolen and suddenly- Octavia Whether is more cold...
6.6K 192 21
↳ ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 ... 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐌𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐒. ❞ The caverns of her dark soul w...
10.6K 346 10
ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴜɴɢᴇʀ ɢᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴅᴇꜱᴛʀᴏʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜʀᴇꜱᴛ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛꜱ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴇxᴀᴄᴛʟʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴏᴏʀ ᴀʟᴇxɪꜱ ʀɪʙʙᴏɴ. [ꜰɪɴɴɪᴄᴋ ᴏᴅᴀɪʀ x ᴏᴄ] ᴘᴜʙʟɪꜱʜᴇᴅ: 05.0...
3.3K 203 13
━━ 🌿 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖 ❛ In which, they love each other, but neither one can admit it, not even to themselves. ❜ ❪ the hunger games ❫ ❪ catching fire ━...