Wyrda: Father of Dragons (Era...

By Galinor

Eragon Shadeslayer travels to the new Dragon City to train the Dragon Riders. Alagaesia is unstable and soon... More

Chapter 1: To The Unknown
Chapter 2: Du Skulblaka Ramr
Chapter 3: Salador
Chapter 4: Training
Chapter 5: Carvahall
Chapter 6: Hate
Chapter 7: Olympic Games
Chapter 8: Battle of Belatona
Chapter 9: A Shade's Revenge
Chapter 10: Magic Trials
Chapter 11: To Lead an Army
Chapter 12: Myths and Riddles
Chapter 13: Massacre
Chapter 14: Traps
Prisoner of War
Chapter 16: Assassin
Chapter 17: Elven Council
Chapter 18: Battle of Dras Leona
Chapter 19: Alagaesia
Chapter 20: New Arrivals
Chapter 21: Clues
Chapter 22: Oath
Chapter 23: Ilirea
Chapter 24: A Magical Night
Chapter 25: Battle of Ilirea
Chapter 26: Celebration
Chapter 27: A Captured Rider?
Chapter 28: Burning Forest
Chapter 29: Flight
Chapter 30:Under The Stars
Chapter 31: Rescue
Chapter 32: Plans of Victory
Chapter 33: Kidnapping
Chapter 34: Escape
Chapter 35: Red Rider
Chapter 36: Edur Ithindra
Chapter 37: Meeting an Ally
Chapter 38: Siege
Part 39: Clash of Swords
Chapter 40: The Heart of Winter
Chapter 41: The Urgal King
Chapter 42: The Tree of Jingolva
Chapter 43: Secret Mission
Chapter 44:The Sorrows of War
Chapter 45: Peace
Chapter 46: New Leaders Of Alagaesia
Chapter 47: Father of Dragons

Chapter 48: A New Order

1.9K 35 110
By Galinor

            Silence ruled over the city of Du Skulblaka Ramr. Only the sound of the birds chirping and the occasional gust of wind broke it's rule. Smoke rose from a few of the buildings and the few defenders that remained looked on in silence and agony towards the keep's garden, where Saphira Bjartskular and Eragon had been transported. Dragons and riders were guarding them like statues, unmoving.

        Eragon had been healed of his wounds by Arya who had found him laying on the floor. Immediately, Eragon lifted himself and ran towards Saphira, shouting her name in agony. He saw Saphira unconscious, and in a pool of blood. He saw the grievous wound and tears filled his eyes. Her wing had almost been sliced off, and it would take a true miracle to be able to heal it.

"Eragon..." Arya managed to say but Eragon was already examining the wound closely. He was about to make a complicated healing spell and he did not want under any circumstances to make a mistake. He had a determined look on his face as he prepared the spell. In a moment, all his studies about the anatomy of dragons, and healing came to his mind. He searched through his memories one by one, selecting the elements that would help him in creating the spell.

He felt his heart race, his hand trembled from the anxiety. Every minute counted, as Saphira was losing more blood. He opened his mind to the eldunarya and told them of his situation and asked them for advice. Few of the Eldunarya knew anything more than him about healing, but with their contributions the final spell was changed a bit to make it work better.

"We wish you the best of luck Shadeslayer." Umaroth said.

"I thank you for your support, Umaroth." Eragon said anxious to put the pleasantries at an end and begin to heal Saphira.

Eragon began to sing, his voice steady and powerful as he used the power from his own body but also from the eldunarya. Saphira had began to shiver with cold and her pulse had slowed. Bones and muscles and nerves were connected once again, as Eragon began to heal the damage  that had been caused by Tenga's sword and tried to slow the blood loss. He dragged each word of the spell trying to think of the next step, making sure that he had not forgotten any crucial detail. Arya began to sing with him and so did the other riders, aiding him in his healing as they added their strength to his own. He guided the river of energy in his mind, trying to contain it.

Many hours passed when at last, Eragon stopped singing, looking at his work. The wing looked whole again, as if the wound had never existed but it would take time for it to grow strong again, and even if it did, it would be doubtful that Saphira would be able to fly for long distances, especially with his weight on top of her. He looked once again at the sleeping form of his dragon and felt her pulse with his mind. With his hand, he petted Saphira, and looked at the beautiful blue scales, admiring her beauty. The pain in his hand was gone, meaning that Saphira was no longer in pain. She was out of danger finally. He took a deep breath and lowered himself on the ground. As he lied down near his dragon the words of Angela came to his mind and he laughed a bitter laugh.

"You will leave Alagaesia and never return." she had said. If only he had known the reason that would happen before the battle with Tenga. Slowly as he mulled over the words and what they meant, his eyelids closed and for once, he slept as he used to do before his transformation. 

Arya looked at Eragon and Saphira sleeping. He had just sung one of the most complicated healing spells she had heard. She was amazed by the power it took to heal Saphira, as many of the smaller Eldunarya had entirely spent their energy but also at the transformation that Eragon had. He was now wiser and stronger  than he had been after the death of Galbatorix and she loved him with all her heart.

She remained there, looking at Eragon and Saphira, even as Firnen joined her.

****

"Little one, wake up!" Saphira told Eragon the next day, seeming energetic.

"Good Morning Saphira! How are you feeling?" Eragon asked with a smile.

"I'm fine, little one. We did it! We killed Tenga and the war is finally over!." Saphira stated with a loud voice and  a laugh.

Eragon hugged her.

"I'm glad I didn't lose you Saphira." he said.

"Me too little one...Me too." Saphira replied.

Eragon saw Arya as she came towards him with a big smile. Every time he looked at her he was filled with love for her, for the mother of his future child.

"Eragon! I have news." she said as she came running towards him.

"What is it Arya?" Eragon asked with curiosity written on his face.

Arya came closer and whispered something in Eragon's ear.

"I'm going to have twins after all." Arya said excitedly. Eragon laughed, feeling like the luckiest person in the world. 

Saphira roared her approval and flew in the air, but was forced to land a few seconds later. Eragon felt the familiar pain in his hand. He felt a great sadness in his mind, as if Saphira had not understood the gravity of her injury until that moment.

"Let's all go celebrate!" he said determined not to let Saphira mull over her weakness. 

****

Salador heard the commotion and learned the news from Eragon. He was going to be a father.  He smiled, and congratulated him. His mind searched for Alaina, the woman he loved. Time was running out, she would soon fly to Ellesmera and who knew when they would meet again. He found her in a secluded spot, her mind was open to the environment around her, observing the life of the valley. Salador also liked to observe the life around him, as Eragon had taught him. It made him calm and gave him peace from his problems.  Not wanting to disturb Alaina, he sat next to her, aware that she would know his thoughts as he opened his mind to her.

He felt a closeness to her, and his heart started beating fast, as it always did when she was near. He smelled her scent, filling his lungs with it. 

"Salador, it is good to see you." Alaina said finally after a few minutes.

"It's always a pleasure to talk to you Alaina." Salador replied.

"I wanted to discuss something with you..." he said and stopped not knowing how to proceed.

Alaina looked at him, a knowing smile appearing on her face.

"Alaina.... you are the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with, ever since I first saw you I liked you and after all the discussions we have had, and the time we have passed together I am beginning to understand that I do not just like you. My feelings are deeper than that.  I love you Alaina, and I do not know if I can live without you. My heart races when you are near, like a drum in the Dragon Eggs Festival we have every year." he said and laughed loud. After a short pause to gather his thoughts he continued, as he looked at the eyes of the woman he loved.

"When I look in your eyes, I feel like I am looking at all the wisdom of the world. I do everything in my power to make you smile, and happy or gain your approval and be with you.

"I do not want to lose you Alaina. You mean everything to me." he said.

For a few seconds Alaina continued looking at Salador. When he was sure he had made a complete fool of himself Alaina answered.

"I love you too Salador. If only you knew how much." she said and she kissed him. Again and again they kissed, unable to hide their passion for one another.

In the distance Gadaroth roared in triumph, celebrating his rider's love as he flew in the sky, his yellow color radiating like a  second sun.

****

Eragon looked from his keep at the city below him. It had been a few weeks since the attack and the city had been repaired completely. Arya stood besides him as they saw Saphira and Firnen fly in the air. Saphira was doing better, but she was still too weak to fly for a long time. Every now and then he felt a pain in his arm, knowing that it came from Saphira's healed wing.

Three more dragons and riders flew in the distance, and a fourth dragon soon joined them. Felangoud was beginning to open to the world again, which was a good thing for the young dragon, despite his rider's death. Salador and Alaina had been enjoying each other's company. Eragon smiled, happy that they could live their happiness together. Thrain had busied himself with making new swords for the new rider order.

Blodgharm and a few other elves had been sent around Alagaesia with dragon eggs to search for new dragon riders. The order needed to grow and he needed to teach more dragons and riders. It was his responsibility as Lead Rider.

Roran was doing well in Alagaesia. He had managed to stop the rebellions with the help of Alarik and was enjoying his time with Katrina and his children. King Orik was ruling the dwarves without problems, and King Vanir of the elves had made a good start in his rule, by quenching the voices of the separatist elves. He hoped that Alagaesia could heal of its many wounds, and that the different races could live with each other eventually but there were other things that needed his attention, such as exploring the land beyond the Dragon city.

Overall, he felt excited for the future, and for the new dragon order. But most of all he felt thrilled for his opportunity to be a father, the opportunity to raise children of his own, and amazed by the fact that a beautiful and wise woman such as Arya loved him. He looked at her growing belly and a sense of love filled him to the brim.

"I love you so much Arya!" he said and kissed her.

"I love you too Eragon." she said laughing.

Once again they kissed, their lips touching over and over, until they forgot everything and everyone else, two lovers who celebrated their love with a kiss. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 127 14
(Being Edited) What happens when Alexis Rayann Casey gets out of the Army and joins the police academy and gets pulled by Hank Voight to join intelli...
3.7K 76 7
Pinkie pie and rainbow dash both have strong feelings for each other. The were meant, no, MADE for each other. They even want to have a foal! But whe...
140K 4.4K 10
A terrible accident on a mission leaves Steve unable to remember his life after 1945... and leaves him unable to remember YOU. Can you stick around e...
36.5K 1K 46
Crowkit is born into tragedy, his sister dead before she ever had a chance to live and the only cat his mother blames is him. Despite the pain, Crowp...