The Wolf Baby

De Kayy_B

**THIS IS A SAMPLE, PLEASE DO NOT READ IT IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET TRIGGERED BY THE FACT THAT IT IS A SAMPLE... Mais

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Three

664K 16.6K 1.6K
De Kayy_B

 *Not Edited*

Chapter Three

“W-What?” I stuttered in shock. Did I hear her correctly? She actually found him?

Leah beamed at me and sat down on my bed. “I found your baby daddy! You’re welcome.”

I opened my mouth to say something but no sound came out. She found him. She actually found him.

“How?” I managed to croak out after a minute of silence.

“It’s a long story. I went back to the hotel and managed to convince the guy at the reception to give me the info.”

“How?” I repeated, still feeling stunned.

“Trust me you do not want to know.” She answered, shuddering a little.

“What did you do?” I eyed her warily. Leah always does reckless things without thinking about the consequences. She’s spontaneous and adventurous which isn’t a bad thing but it does often get her in trouble.

“Nothing illegal so you can stop staring at me like that.”

I waited for her to continue and tell me how she finally convinced the receptionist to give Gabriel’s details but instead she took my laptop from my lap and pressed the paper she was holding into my hand.

With trembling fingers I turned the paper over and looked at what was written.

Gabriel Drakos.

Underneath his name was a mobile number. My finger traced the paper as my mind became a tangled mess of thoughts. My heart sped up as I thought of what I had to do next. I didn’t want to do this now, this was the part I was dreading since I knew I was pregnant.

“Call him.” Leah’s voice interrupted my thoughts, I looked up at her before my eyes drifted back to the paper I was holding.

“Now?” I asked, a huge part of me was hoping she would say no.

“Yeah now.” Leah passed me my phone and gave me a nod of encouragement.

I began to breathe heavily as I unlocked my phone and went on the keypad. This is it. I took a deep breath and exhaled sharply before I began dialling his number.

My heart began to pound rapidly as the line connected and began to ring. My whole body trembled slightly as my nervousness began increase by the second. I waited anxiously for him to pick up and after eight rings it went to voicemail.

“It's gone to voicemail.” I mumbled as the woman’s voice on the automated answering system filled my ears. I couldn’t help but feel slightly relieved that he didn’t pick up.

“Leave a message!” Leah hissed just as I was about to end the call.

I placed the phone near my ear again just in time for the beep. “Er, erm h-hi.” I spluttered into the phone suddenly not knowing what to say.

I looked at Leah in panic. “It’s Nina, erm we met a couple of months ago at Liquids.” I stopped and Leah gestured with her hand to carry on. “I was erm, hoping I could speak to you about something, it’s important. So, er, call me back, bye!”

As soon as I hung up I let out a sigh of relief and ran my hands through my hair. That had to have been the most nerve-wracking thing I’ve ever done, my heart was still pounding like crazy.

“Oh god.” I sighed, leaning into my pillow I glanced at Leah and shook my head. I closed my eyes and let out another sigh.

Now we wait.

@=#~=~#=@

It has been two days since I left Gabriel that message and he hasn't got back to me. I kept thinking he ignored the message and didn’t want to call me back or that wasn’t his number. I know I probably should have tried calling him again but I was scared to make that call again. I would wait a couple more days and if he didn’t call back then I would try again.

I glanced at my phone to check to see if he had maybe called or left a message while I was in my seminar but I had no messages or missed calls from him. I locked my phone and unzipped my bag, I put my phone in my bag without paying any attention to my surroundings causing me to bump into something.

A pair of hands shot out to keep me from falling. I looked up and began to apologise to the person when I saw who it was.

“Careful.” Josh muttered, still holding onto me.

I pulled away from him and started to walk away without a word when he grabbed my wrist.

“Nina, wait.”

I spun around and looked into his dark blue eyes. “What?”

“I miss you.” He whispered making my heart tighten a little. No matter how much I disliked him right now I couldn’t lie and say I didn’t miss him too. 

“I have to go.” I murmured as my eyes began to water. I tried to move past him but he blocked my way.

“Nina, please. I made a mistake, a stupid mistake. Give me another chance.” He pleaded, his eyes burning into mine.

If I wasn’t pregnant I might have considered it but now there was no way I could date him while carrying someone else’s child. It would never work out, I doubt Josh would be willing to take care of and be responsible for a child. He hated kids, he wouldn’t be able to look after his own never mind someone else’s.

“It’s too late.” I told him truthfully, looking away from him as his face crumpled. Even though he hurt me, I didn’t want to hurt him.

“It’s not too late, I can fix this. I’ll do anything.”

“I’m sorry.” I whispered before running past him, tears running down my cheeks.

I ran out of the building and straight towards the parking lot where Leah was waiting. It was a little past 8pm so there wasn’t that many cars in the campus car park. I found the car easily and lunged for the door startling Leah who was on the driver’s Leah texting.

She immediately unlocked and I got into the car without a word.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Leah inquired softly, concern colouring her voice.

“I saw Josh.” I simply told her wiping the tears from my cheeks.

Leah looked at me sympathetically but didn’t say another word and for that I was extremely grateful. I didn’t want to talk about it right now. We drove back in silence and walked into the house.

“Want to talk about it?” Leah asked as I took of my jacket.

I shook my head and she mouthed okay before going into the living room. I headed straight for my bedroom, tossed my bag on the bed and walked to the bathroom.

After taking a quick shower I felt a lot more relaxed and calm. I put on my pyjamas and strolled into the kitchen. I heated up the left over pasta from yesterday before joining Leah in the living room.

“You feeling better?” Leah asked giving me a small smile.

I shook my head and help up my phone, showing her the missed calls from him. “He keeps calling and texting me. I don’t know what to do.”

“There’s nothing else you can do. He’ll stop once he knows you’re being serious.”

“I hope so.” I didn’t want to deal with this now, especially with everything else that’s going on.

As I began to scoff down the pasta my phone suddenly began to ring. I groaned loudly, I knew who was calling and I didn’t want to talk to him right now.

I grabbed the phone and froze as I read the name that flashed on the screen.

Gabriel Drakos.

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Thank you to everyone who read, commented and voted on the previous two chapters, I really appreciate it :)

Thank you for reading

-Kay x

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

127K 7K 17
A Lycan can not shift forms while pregnant. The danger in doing so is too high. Emma is locked in a cell. Her mate is dead. Her captors want her pup...
10.8M 427K 54
Moira King had been cheated on, stabbed in the back, and broken beyond repair --be it her father, her best friend, or her boyfriend; she's had enough...
16.5K 1K 62
"Your hair looks like night but your eyes shine like day. You are a walking contrast. Who exactly are you?" ***** It is sa...
970K 35.5K 51
Hands, touch. That's all I felt. Everywhere. A burning sensation was all I could focus on, it was overwhelming. But I didn't want it to stop. I don'...