Sinclaire Academy: Half Bloods

By YouNique09

"Another school year starts in Sinclaire Academy, do you dare to enter again?" - I suggest you read Sinclaire... More

Sinclaire Academy: Half Bloods
Welcome to Society by e.h
Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome to Society, Bitch
Chapter Two: Fireproof
Chapter Three: The girl with violet eyes
Chapter Four: Get close, but don't get burned
Chapter Five: Sweetest Downfall
Chapter Six: Bown down to the Queen
Chapter Seven: Stormborn
Chapter Eight: Curious little thing
Chapter Nine: Wandering girls
Chapter Ten: Riddles
Chapter Eleven: Reality Bites
Chapter Twelve: The game of push and pull
Chapter Thirteen: Silver lining
Chapter Fourteen: Add fuel to the fire
Chapter Fifteen: Likewise
Chapter Sixteen: Unexpected Moment
Chapter Seventeen: Salted Wound
Chapter Eighteen: Look beyond
Chapter Nineteen: Ability Phase
Chapter Twenty: Traveler
Chapter Twenty-one: Change and unanswered questions
Chapter Twenty-two: Follow her lead
Chapter Twenty-three: Feel the wind
Chapter Twenty-four: Little Ezra's defeat
Chapter Twenty-five: Burn
Chapter Twenty-six: You tell me
Chapter Twenty-seven: Love
Chapter Twenty-eight: An arrow through the heart
Chapter Twenty-nine: Act of selfishness
Chapter Thirty: Fragile little Flame
Chapter Thirty-one: Highly Unlikely
Chapter Thirty-two: What goes around, comes around
Chapter Thirty-three: Pieces of a puzzle
Chapter Thirty-four: Change of disposition
Chapter Thirty-five: Too curious
Chapter Thirty-six: Four Parts
Chapter Thirty-seven: Safe zone
Chapter Thirty-eight: Crashing from the high
Chapter Thirty-nine: What am I?
Chapter Forty: True form
Chapter Forty-one: The Key
Chapter Forty-two: Broken again
Chapter Forty-three: Between how it is and how it should be
Chapter Forty-four: Between who you are and who you could be
Chapter Forty-five: Alpha
Chapter Forty-six: I'll tell you mine, you tell me yours
Chapter Forty-seven: Just like that
Chapter Forty-eight: Burning Bridges
Chapter Forty-nine: The Light
Chapter Fifty: Click
Chapter Fifty-one: Maybe I do
Chapter Fifty-two: Guardian Angel
Chapter Fifty-three: No going back
Chapter Fifty-four: The lesser of two evils
Chapter Fifty-five: Low hanging vultures
Chapter Fifty-six: Change of fate
Chapter Fifty-seven: Turning Point
Chapter Fifty-nine: Free fall
Chapter Sixty: Point of no return
Chapter Sixty-one: The Beginning
Chapter Sixty-two: The End
Epilogue

Chapter Fifty-eight: Chosen

64.5K 1.7K 357
By YouNique09

Hey dudes. Yeah I know, what took me so long to update? School. Even when I have free time I couldn't bring myself to write. But I felt so bad na two months na pala akong walang update kaya I decided to post the only pov I finished for this chap. Flame and Zeus' pov will be on the next one okay? I can't write it pa. I hope this is enough :)

For teasers and info about the third book please join the Sinclaire Academy facebook group. The link is on my profile! Just scroll through the wall to read my posts! xx

Chapter Fifty-nine: Chosen

- Athena Adrianne -

    "You're not suppose to be here," someone breathe down Aiane's neck making her shiver. Despite of the loud music and blinding neon strobe lights going around the room, she heard him loud and clear.

"It's the last hurrah. Kuya Ash let me come," Aiane whispered back. "Just for tonight."

It was their last day before holiday break. Asher Woodsen was the one who threw the last hurrah before parting ways. Everyone student who were stressed before and after exams and practicals were present. Aiane was sure only a handful of students ditched. Only a few could turn down an Asher Woodsen party.

The theme this year is Neon punk. Everyone was excited about it but not Aiane. She just threw in the only neon she owned and paired it with sneakers. She can't channel her inner punk (If there even is any) so she left it at that. No one seemed to mind but she caught some surprised stares when she entered.

Aiane knew why.

Hindi naman sa hindi siya pwede sa mga social night. Ayaw lang talaga ng Kuya niyang na e-expose siya sa mga ganito. Zeus reasoned, "You're the only girl. You need to be protected." And no one wanted to go against him. Kaya napansin rin niya ang uncomfortable stares and gasps dahil akala siguro ng mga ito she went here on her own free will just to piss off her brother.

Nag paalam pa kaya siya para maka attend lang sa party na ito. This is the second party she's allowed to join apart from Welcome night.

Zeus didn't want her to attend because the school allowed alcohol at these kind of parties which went well with Asher so there were coolers and kegs everywhere. Yep, there were some people making out in the corner. Grinding bodies on the dance floor. Slutty outfits that the school wouldn't approve of. There were a couple of shirtless guys too (Surely seniors) that were manning the kegs.

Aiane grimaced at the sight of it all. She's not that innocent but she can't see herself doing those kind of stuff. Zeus had nothing to worry about. She won't be affected by peer pressure.

"Zeus agreed?" Enzo leaned in more, she felt his breath on her ear now.

His hand snaked around her waist and pulled her closer.

"He doesn't know I'm here." Aiane admitted. Hindi siya nag paalam sa Kuya niya dahil bago pa man niya simulan mag salita tungkol sa party he will flatly say "No". Zeus took her home today after class, bumalik lang siya just to attend.

"And why did you go against his decision?" Enzo drawled the question so slowly it made Aiane tense.

What's he on about? Doesn't he want her here? She came because of him. She was hoping they get to spend some time together and talk about their task even if they already discussed it over one afternoon. She doesn't mind talking about it all over again.

Was she being needy? Dahil isang hapon lang sila nagkausap ni Enzo this whole week? Kahit sa lunch kasi silent treatment silang lahat sa isa't isa (except for Zeus who had other agendas) pagkatapos kumain they'd rush to the library or somewhere peaceful to catch up with their reviewers and field trainings.

That's what Aiane had done anyway. She barely made it out alive sa practicals.

She kind of missed Enzo's comforting presence. His 'Hi' and 'Hellos' weren't enough for her anymore. And she was all over that 'He kissed a girl' thing. She chose not to dwell on that anymore para hindi siya ma down.

"I was hoping to talk to you," Aiane sighed, slumping her shoulders in defeat. She can't lie to him with him this close. She can't even think straight right now.

Enzo's hand put pressure on her waist then turned her to face. He was grinning. "Mission accomplished. You got me."

Aiane summoned all her will power. She blinked at him, shocked by his smile but then eased up. She smiled back at him. Mission accomplished indeed.

She took that time to give him a once over.

He was wearing a neon blue sleeveless top that clung to his skin like wet tissue (surely giving the girls here a feast) and jeans. He wore a simple diamon earring on his right ear and he probably ran his hand through his hair so many times because of how messy it was. It completed the look though. Enzo screamed punk bad boy all the way.

Aiane let out a low whistle. "You came just to break hearts huh?"

"You know breaking hearts is my sole purpose in life"

Aiane shook her head and laughed.

Enzo looked down at her too then leaned in with a mischievous glint in his eyes. Aiane waited for him to say something but he didn't. He just kept staring.

Of course the appropriate reaction followed. She blushed.

Sa lapit ni Enzo sa kanya siguradong kita nito kung paano mamula ang pisngi niya.

"This is what you were waiting for huh?" She grumbled, looking away.

Enzo returned to his previous position with a satisfied grin. "You know it."

"Didn't I tell to stop hitting on my sister?"

Both of their eyes turned to a glowering Zeus.

Enzo sighed before answering, "I'm not the only one as of this moment"

Aiane was caught off guard by her big brother's sudden appearance and she was still because of Enzo's answer. What did he mean by 'I'm not the only one'?

Zeus cursed before turning to her. "Aiane why are you here?"

She lowered her head dahil halatang inis ang Kuya niya. "Kuya Ash said I could come"

"That doesn't mean you do," Zeus exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. "Asher is nuts. He doesn't care who gets corrupted in his party. You're smart enough to know that.  I don't want you to be exposed to this kind of stuff-"

"Dude come on lay off. She just wants to go out," Enzo said.

Zeus rolled his eyes. "What would you do if Lizzy or Gigi were here?" he shot back.

That was the moment Aiane decided to speak. "I'm not a kid! Stop treating me like one!"

Arguing with her brother tonight was not part of the agenda but she knew it couldn't be avoided. And he was really starting to piss her off. The whole stress and pressure were still in her system and she wouldn't mind laying it all on her brother.

Enzo's jaw hardened. It's clear that he didn't like Zeus' comment. "I'll take care of her just lay off, man"

Zeus doesn't look convinced.

"I promise. I won't let her out of my sight. I'll even drive her home"

Aiane turned to her brother. And by that one stare Zeus answered her question.

"I have somewhere to be"

"That's why he's all pissy. You stalled him." Enzo added which earned a glare from Zeus.

Enzo doesn't seemed fazed so he added again, "He's got a date"

Zeus sighed, finally caving in. "Keep your word, Heath. You know what will happen if you don't."

Enzo saluted him back with his middle finger.

Zeus ignored it and kissed Aiane's forehead. "Don't drink and stick to him. I'll see you at home."

After that he strolled off.

The crowd automatically parted to give him way then congested again after he went through.

Aiane shook her head.

Even with the drunken minds of humans and the intoxicated minds of vampires, they still know if a Sinclaire is around. Giving way for Zeus was an automatic reaction.

"Come on let's go somewhere less crowded."

In order to get to 'somewhere less crowded' they have to squeeze pass through the 'crowded'. Students parted for them of course but one guy bumped into Aiane then a hurridly "Oops. Whoa. Sorry little Sinclaire" followed. She doesn't appreciate being bumped into and she so does not like being called 'Little Sinclaire'.

Enzo was the one to steady her and shot the guy a look that was enough for him to run away before Aiane can even yell back that she is not 'Little'.

Enzo lead her to the other side of the room where there's a lounge with less people. When Aiane surveyed the area napansin niyang puro nasa grade lang nila Enzo ang andito. It's like lowerclass men weren't allowed. Maybe she's right dahil may napansin siyang ibang students who were looking longingly at the area, some other seniors shot her a look. It dawned to her that this area was for the upperclass men who were part of the 'in' crowd. The Academy's social royals.

Aiane was going to the leather couches but Enzo pulled her to a marble counter close to the pool table where Flame was sitting while watching Asher play.

"Hello" She greeted them with a smile but the way her accent slipped made Enzo snort as he took a seat on one of the high stools in front of her.

"You drunk?" Enzo asked. Flame doesn't let her accent slip. Ever.

"Just a few. Asher wouldn't leave me alone if I didn't," she spoke in a naturally perfect english accent that made Aiane felt different for some reason. Siguro dahil hindi siya sanay.

"Hello two of my fave half bloods!" A grinning Asher slipped beside Flame, resting both of his hands on the counter with his chest on full display.

Aiane resisted the urge to ask why he wasn't wearing a shirt. It did not make her uncomfortable but she was weirded out with the words scribbled on his skin. There were a lot of words scribbled on his skin and it was everywhere.

The words COME AT ME, BRO! were writted in bold on his chest while the words I can make your girl scream louder were written below. And she can see a phone number written on his wrist for sure was written by a girl using a glitter gray sharpie. The other words were too foul for Aiane to read even in her mind. She's going to cleanse her mouth with holy water if she reads it out loud.

He's got a chain hanging on his jeans and a neon yellow green plain handkerchief was tied on one of his belt loops. She doesn't understand how that was punk but Ash seem to pull it off.

"You hate me," Enzo interjected.

"Please, dear cousin, don't remind me."

Flame raised her brow. "I thought your little quarrel was over?"

"It's not," the two answered in unision.

Aiane still doesn't know what that was about pero hindi naman mukhang magsusuntukan ang dalawa so she was better off not knowing.

"Anyway," Asher sighed before sporting a grin again. "Shots?"

"No, thank you."

"Not for you, silly. Zeus will skin me alive if I let one drop of alcohol in your drink," he let out a maniacal laugh because they all know Zeus would totally do that. "So how 'bout it dear cousin? Interested in Bloody Mary a la Ash?"

"If it won't make me throw up then sure"

"How 'bout you, little red?"

"I think I'm good, wanker. Thanks."

"I'll take that as a 'Yes!'. Be back in a giffy!"

"Asher Lars!" Flame holler before groaning. "I have to be somewhere tomorrow. I don't want to be hungover!"

"Oh, you're here," a smirking Ezra materialized on the stool beside Aiane as soon as Flame's voice died. "Bet you gave your brother a heart attack. Tell me you did."

"Pissed him off," Enzo answered his twin.

"Thank you," Ezra smiled greatfully then a smirk took over again. "Serves him right. I can't hang out with Seige because he's been snagging her all week," she rolled her eyes. "I know they're like a thing now but whatever. At least share the girl. She won't have any friends if he keeps being all possessive like that."

"Maybe Seige doesn't want more friends," Enzo said in a low voice.

"She has us," Aiane added.

Ezra snorted. "Zeus is possessive."

"Zeus has always been possesive," Flame sighed. "Let him be, Ez. He's happy. They're both happy."

Aiane couldn't help but smile. "I haven't seen Seige so radiant since the day I met her."

With Ezra's expression, mukhang ayaw pa nitong bitawan ang pagiging possessive ni Zeus with his new girl. She shrugged then turned to Flame. "You're the one to speak Miss don't talk to me when I'm studying. You've been on edge the whole week."

"Practicals killed me," Flame deadpanned.

Ezra raised her eyebrows. "I heard you nearly killed your instructor"

"Saan mo narinig 'yon?"

There was a dangerous hint in Flame's voice that made Aiane tense.

"You're someone in this school Flame. People will talk about you."

Aiane felt the temperature drop. Chills suddenly went up her spine.

"Ez, stop it. Leave her alone." Enzo probably felt it too.

"Whatever. Enz, you're my ride home. Don't forget."

Aiane casted a look to Flame and found her still frowning. Whatever Ezra said surely pissed her off. But Aiane had heard about that rumor.

Flame's practical exams were done in private kaya walang may alam kung ano ang totoo. But everyone knew her practical exam was more important than theirs. Her scores determines her future in Sinclaire Academy - If she gets to stay or not.

"What was that all about?" Asher suddenly appeared carrying a tray of shot glasses filled with red liquid and ones with different colors and a tall glass of juice.

"Nothing," Flame clipped with a tight smile. "Just Ezra being Ezra."

Asher grimaced. "That's not good. Bitch level 10 tonight?"

"Shut it." Enzo snapped which made Aiane jump in her seat.

Asher shrugged and laid the tray in front of Enzo. "Here it is cousin. Knock yourself out!" Then he placed a tall glass of juice in front of Aiane with a wink. "Four seasons juice because pineapple is so overrated. Hope you like the umbrella!"

She did and she's going go keep it. It will be the souvenir/reminder of her first official SA social night.

Enzo however didn't say a thing, he just grabbed a shot and downed it in one gulp.

"You don't have a future in bartending." He said with a grimace, slamming the glass back down.

She glanced at the shot he took.
The glasses filled with the same liquid doesn't look like tomato juice at all. She smelled a hint of blood in them. Why hadn't she noticed it?

"I'll take that as a complinent." Ash winked.

"Ash let's dance!"

"I thought you wouldn't ask. Let's make this night as alive as your hair, little red!" Asher grabbed Flame by the waist and yelled "TURN IT UP!" as he ran to the dancefloor.

A pair of hands clamped itself on Aiane's ears to muffle the music but she swore the ground shook.

"Thanks" Binitawan na siya ni Enzo kahit malakas parin ang tugtog. Maybe he covered her ears para hindi siya magulat. He went back to his shots, sunod sunod nitong inubos ang mga iyon na para bang tubig lang.

Aiane's lips parted a bit while staring at him. She knew vampires don't get drunk but the effects of alcohol still kicks in, only for a few minutes or a few hours max but by the end of the night they will be back in the right state of mind. And the effects doesn't hit a vampire that hard compared to humans.

"He's just worried about you you know"

Aiane blinked at the sound of his voice. She was too distracted by his fast alcohol intake at hindi niya napasing nagsasalita na pala ito.

"Zeus," Enzo said and repeated. "He's just looking out for you."

"I know," she frowned. Of course she understood her brother's sentiments. Minsan lang kasi talaga...

"Kung sinabi sa'yo ni Ash na bawal ka, pupunta ka parin ba?" He asked that as soon as he gulped down another shot.

"Yes..." Ginawa lang naman niyang excuse yung pag payag ni Asher. Kahit na hindi pa siya pinayagan pupunta parin siya. Besides wala naman talagang naka lista sa itenirary niya ngayon and their parents are out, Blake's at their grandparents, so she'd rather spend her time with her extended family for the mean time.

"I don't want you here either."

Her breath hitched upon hearing his words but when she noticed his eased expression, unti unti ring lumuwag ang kanyang pag hinga.

Or was she reading him wrong?

If he doesn't want her here then why did he take her under his wing tonight? Why did he defend her then? And why the hell is he smirking?

"But I'm glad you came."

Aiane took a sip of her juice, diverting her eyes somewhere else. She can feel her cheeks warming up again. Damn him.

Damn him and his smirk.

Damn that sinful lips of his.

Those lips that was pressed to another girl's just last -

Stop thinking about it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!

Aiane wanted to hit herself with the little umbrella Asher gave.

Athena Adrianne you're such a girl.

"Want another glass?"

Tsaka lang niya napansin na paubos na pala ng iniinom niya. She downed the glass in one long sip.

"Hindi na." Itinulak niya palayo ang baso. The scene in the corners of the room are bad enough, ayaw na niyang makita pa kung ano ang posibleng gawing ng mga intoxicated creatures na ito sa restroom.

The juice is her first drink and last for the night.

She drummed her cold fingers on the hard granite counter instead to keep herself busy. "About Ar-"

"Whatever you want to talk about, we can't talk about it here." His eyes met hers. "You know the rule."

He leaned in to whisper in her ear. "Eyes and ears everywhere."

"Okay then," Aiane lowered her head, dejected.

But then Enzo's hand grabbed hers in mid drum and said, "Come here."

He then lifted her up on the counted to sit in front of him. The tray filled with bloody mary shots were only empty glasses now. He finished all of it already? They haven't been for half an hour!

"What are you-"

Enzo answered her with a soft hush to shut her up. His palms lay on the side of her legs when he looked up at her.

Enzo's eyes were hooded, glazes by something Aiane can't recognize.

"Shhh..." His finger drifted to his red lips.

Enzo slowly lowered his head towards her leg.

Aiane's eyes buldge out of its sockets in alarm because she knew what's coming.

And she was right.

Packing tape. Enzo did the move on her.

Holy hell.

Aiane looked down at his head laying comfortable over his right arm that was on her legs. His left hand was grasping hers - tightly.

This was the move. This was the move she saw Enzo did to Gianna and Ezra that surprisingly made her jealous. Hindi niya alam kung bakit ganon ang naging epekto ng simpleng move ni Enzo sa kanya noon. She almost forgot about this.

But she remembered how she felt when she him do this to another girl.

It was so intimate that she can't bare to see him do this to anyone else.

And now he did it to her.

Oh dear Luna.

Enzo adjusted his head and sighed.

A few moments later, she can hear his steady breathing. He's sleeping...

He's sleeping off the after effects of the alcohol. How he managed to doze off with the loud music was beyond her but packing tape he's sleeping on her!!!

Aiane kept her breaths steady for him. As much as she wanted to scream right now, she doesn't want to ruin his peace. Instead, she smiled after letting out a calm and deep breath.

For once she never imagined he'd do this. Kahit na nung naging close na sila...

Enzo took her by suprise tonight. Thinking of the way he handled her the moment she stepped through the doors made her feel butterflies inside.

Using her free hand, she slowly ran it over his soft hair.

He stirred and made a sound. Binitawan nito ang isa pa niyang kamay and guided it towards his hair then he sighed again, dozing off as fast as he woke.

Aiane leisurely took her time to make him comfortable. Completely aware of the eyes locked on her - on them.

She paid no attention to it and focused on Enzo with three words repeating inside her head.

He chose me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

951K 8.2K 5
HUTSOM SEQUEL Do not read this book if you haven't read Harrison University: The School of Monster.. (SLOW UPDATE) Date started: June 2017 Date end...
3.7M 174K 69
Her name is Cindy Gonzales and this is her journey to Music Academy.
16.9K 1.2K 23
Consists of three young paranormal experts, the Paranormal Club of St. Chesterino State University has to solve different paranormal cases as part of...
2M 69.1K 51
A school where different kinds of vampires such as pure bloods, noble vampires and hybrids study and train to be a true vampire. It all started with...