When You Walked In

Bởi tea_bag_

Sarcastic, clumsy 19 year old Ava Dawson moves to California to start afresh from her past only to be intertw... Xem Thêm

Authors note
ONE| "I'M FREE!"
TWO| "I'm alive!"
THREE| "I'm Rhys"
FOUR| "A SpongeBob bra?"
Five|"That's her!"
SIX| "How's my baby?"
SEVEN| "It's your mess,"
EIGHT| "You lost the ring?"
NINE| "Are you on the menu?"
TEN| "It's written in bold"
ELEVEN| "You monster,"
TWELVE| "Thank you, Kai,"
THIRTEEN| "You liar!"
FOURTEEN| "Areyoumarried?"
SIXTEEN| "I'm gonna kill him,"
SEVENTEEN| "WHYYYYYY!!!!!!"
EIGHTEEN| "Bob, got it,"
NINETEEN| "Are we there yet?"
TWENTY| "Thank you, Ava,"
TWENTY I| "Look you're on tv!"
TWENTY II| "Probably a gold digger,"
TWENTY III| "The ice cream machines broken!"
TWENTY IV| "Please help me,"
TWENTY V| "What did you do?"
TWENTY VI| "Okay human squasher,"
TWENTY VII| "Congratulations Kaison!"
TWENTY VIII|"I love you more,"
Q&A!!!!
SEQUEL?
SEQUEL
NEW BOOK!
The Scars Series

FIFTEEN| "No sweatpants this time,"

45.2K 1.6K 254
Bởi tea_bag_

Ava

I was never a 'dress' girl, therefore I only owned one holy dress that was gifted to me by my mother before she was possessed by the demon she calls her husband.

It was a simple off-the-shoulder navy blue dress that reaches up to my knee at the front and a little longer at the back.

Neither was I ever a 'heel' girl, I lived my life in trainers and shoes that allowed easy escape. So I only owned 2 pairs, so I decided to go to with my black strap heel that wasn't too high. I might be able to even jog in them.

Putting the heels on, I decided to try and jog around the room to test my theory.

Proved wrong...

Okay, Maybe I can't jog around in these heels, groaning I get up from the floor and head to the mirror to check my hair and makeup.

My hair was up in a neat ponytail and straightened. However, makeup was something I was into but never really had the chance to experiment as much, so my make up was nicely done and I kept it very simple.

"AVA! How much longer? We're getting late!" Kai yelled, for the second time getting impatient as he waited for me downstairs.

Damn it

"Patience women, I'm coming!" I yelled back, putting my phone and lipstick in my clutch.

Okay breathe

After releasing a deep breath I exist the room when I reach the stairs where I find Kai on his phone, his back towards me.

My heels clicking against the floor, gives my presences away and Kai slowly turns his head to finally look up at me.

I take slow and cautious steps down the stairs so firstly I don't fall and die and secondly, so I could check Kai out.

What? He looked good okay...

Kai was dressed in a navy blue suit, black shoes and his hair styled back so basically, Kai looked like the Greek god he always did but the suit made him look extra hot and his hair styled back was a bonus.

I was staring at Kai when I almost missed a step, but Kai was faster than me and he reaches forward to put his hands around my waist, helping me gain back my balance.

I mutter a 'thank you' and try to escape Kai's hold on me.

God, Ava you're so embarrassing!

A smile creeps up his face as he releases me from his hold, Kai clears his throat looking down for a second before speaking, "You look beautiful Ava."

...

speak you awkward potato!

Bitting the inside of my bottom lip and fiddling with my fingers I respond back, "eh-thank you, you too,"

Kai let's out breathe smile, flashing his white pearls, "Beautiful? Thanks, I guess,"

Stupid shit!

Trying to get out of this awkward situation I check my bare wrist, "aren't we getting late?"

Kai curses under his breath and we finally head out.

After a long 30 minute awkward drive, we finally stood outside the grand hotel, cars heading in before us and paparazzi all around the gate.

I made sure to bob my head down when we reached the gate so they couldn't get a shot of me, we didn't need the rumours starting again. Fame really isn't for me.

.

.

.

I've been in this party for an hour now and all I've done is talked to Adeline for a few minutes but she was busy dealing with other guests. And also praying that the people huddled around the food table would disappear quickly. Kai left to talk to some old people, leaving me alone.

Traitor!

My eyes watched the table when finally there were only 5 people left in the queue, I quickly got up from my seat and ran to join paradise.

I make sure to take a bit of everything and when I was about to pick up some chips a familiar spoke next to me, "Hello, Ava."

I close my eyes and mentally crying for my bad luck, slowly turning my head and opening my eyes, facing him I remembered just how emotionless his eyes were, causing me to gulp as I give the middle-aged man an awkward smile, "Hi."

"I see no sweatpants this time," he states, turning to take some chicken.

Ha ha ha

However, I don't answer but just stood there awkwardly trying to come up with excuses and escape plans.

So instead I just smile and continue filling my plate and praying in my head.

Don't ask anything!

Don't ask anything!

Don't ask-

"So how're things with Kai?" He asks, as we stood at the end of the table and just when I was about to escape successfully.

"Erm-we broke up?" I said, more like asked since I'm sure Kai told his father that we broke the engagement off.

"Hm, I thought you'd just called the engagement off, but since you guys came here together I'd assumed you're back together," Kai's father thought to himself and he stared at me, waiting for my answer and clear his confusion.

Opps

"Father?" The familiar deep voice spoke beside me as Kai came from behind me to stand by my side, "and Ava, nice to see you here,"

This

Piece

Of

Shit

"Kai, nice to see you too," I said through gritted teeth and flashing him 'you're so dead' smile.

"Didn't you guys come together?" Squidward asks, this poor man was already confused and clearly more confused now, as the wrinkles on his forehead grew when he furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Oh no, we just happen to walk in together," Kai says, leaving my side to stand beside his father, "Mr Walker is waiting for you at the table," Kai said pointing to a table in the corner where a bold and old man sat.

"Well then, it was nice meeting you Ava. I'll see you around," I hope not. Kai pulls his father away from me, both walking away, Kai turns around to wink at me but, I only narrow my eyes at him.

This annoying Greek god is going to kill me!

I happily walk to my table with my plate full and stomach ready to be full. Finally, me and the love of my life were left alone in peace.

Patchy the pirate: one eternity later

Okay, it has only been 20 minutes and 34 seconds since I've been sat like a loner.

Getting really bored I decide to go out for a walk around the place and after a little tour I end up outside the hotel, the hall inside being the only light guiding me so I don't trip on an imaginary rock.

"What are you doing here alone?" Kai speaks from behind me, causing me to flinch.

"Well, hello there, creep,"I say, turning around to face him, "didn't you tell your dad about the break up?"

"I did, he clearly got the wrong message," he sighs, folding his arms and leaning against a pillar.

I narrow my eyes at him, also lean against a pillar that was few feet away from him.

"You not enjoying the party?" he asks, raising his eyebrows

"Yep loving it," I say sarcastically, pulling a face, "you bring me to a party and then leave me all alone, I could have been at home in my pyjamas, stuffing my face in chocolate," releasing a frustrated breath.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't know my father was gonna be here, he never comes to parties," Kai runs a hand through his face then leaves it on his lips, his index finger creasing his lips.

Damn those lips, if I could just-

"Well he clearly came, its fine at least we managed to handle it. But something tells me he doesn't believe us," I say, looking at the pillar instead of Kai.

"Probably that tape over your mouth, you literally stood there silent not staying anything," true

"When do we get to leave?" I asked, honestly I'd rather be in bed right now and these heels are a pain.

"Just a few more hours and I promise this time I won't leave," he says, getting off the Pillar and standing straight.

"Your dad?"I asked, copying Kai's actions

"He left," Kai starts stepping forward then stretches his hand out, "shall we?"

I stare at his outstretched hand and flash him a smile, "we shall."

- Authors note -

Bonjour!

I've been so lazy and idealess hence the shitty chapter...

Thank you for reading, commenting and voting!!

Love you all and adios❤️❤️

@dreameroverboard  - 'Say I do'

^ Me even though I should be revising for upcoming exam...

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

9M 352K 22
Meet Stella. Beautiful, rich and smart, a pampered daughter with royal blood. At an early age, she was arranged by her parents to marry Eros Petrakis...
691K 19.7K 35
"I know that I can fuck up your whole life with one look. But I can't stop myself." ✰ ✰ ✰ Mia Rose...
17 1 12
Christina Dawson had it all- charm, faultless beauty, wealth, and a rich and affectionate family. So when Luke Wellington, a savage billionaire, came...
4.1M 113K 29
Chase Ashton Knight is the heir of Knight Corporation. He is a serious businessman as well as a famous playboy. He is a handsome, arrogant, stubborn...