Drowning [COMPLETED]

By mia_in_action_

There were two of us. Both drowning in each other's pain. I got lucky and swam up to the top grasping for... More

|1|There Were Two
|2|Perfectly Fine
|3| I'm Not Her
|4| Yellow
|5| Fighter
|6| Not Forever
|7| Make Me Forget
|8| Ex's and Oh's
|9| In Your Arms
|10| Peanut Butter Presents
|11| Birthday for Three
|12| Ball Full of Parker
|13| Punch in the Face
|14| Take Me
|15| In My Dreams
|16| No More Me
|18| Anything for You
|19| A Chance to Fly
|20| Life and Death
|21| Life is Ugly
|22| That Would Be the Best
|23| Ourselves
|24| Fix My Life
|25| Wake Up
|26| Crazy Dreams
|27| This is Reality
|28| Please Don't Cry
|29| Two in Spirit
About the Author
Movie Promotion

|17| This is How it Has to Be

78 3 11
By mia_in_action_

Everything is falling apart..

I haven't talked to Parker in a week.

My parents haven't come home in a while...

Ivanna's not looking any better...

"How are you and Parker?"

She's playing with a string that she pulled off her blankets.

"Good", I say avoiding the fact that we're not speaking at all anymore.

"Oh", she says looking at me,"I just haven't seen you guys together in a while."

I change the subject,"How are you and Alex?"

She looks kind of sad,"I haven't seen him lately. He says he'll come and visit but something always comes up so he has to cancel."

He's not avoiding her is he?

I wonder how he's handling her condition. Poor kid must be heartbroken.

"Dad said he's going home with you today so he can get some more of his things and wash some of mom's clothes."

"Oh", I say looking out the window,"How are they doing? I feel like I haven't seen them in a while."

She shakes her head,"Not so good. They've been fighting a lot. They're both real depressed and fight about money. They don't think I hear but I do."

She plays with her hair.

What did she ever do to deserve this?

How can absolutely everything be going wrong in her life at one time?

Will our family ever be hap-

"Lia", my dad walks in cutting off my train of thought,"Will you drive me home? I need to grab a few things from the house."

I nod and grab my jacket from Ivanna's bed.

"Bye", Ivanna says as she hugs me.

"Bye bye."

She smiles at me and then dad and I take off out of the room.

...

It's the first time dads stepped into our house in about a month.

He looks around as if he almost doesn't remember what his own house looks like.

"Dad you ok?"

"Yeah", he says as he walks off toward the laundry room.

I begin to walk upstairs but suddenly turn around remembering I was gonna ask dad something.

"Hey da-"

He's kneeled down in front of the washer crying..

"God dammit! Stupid washer work!"

He pounds hard on the machine as it sits there and mocks him spinning on and off.

I've never seen him like this before...

"Why? Why huh?! Why can't you save her dammit!"

I step back crushed by his actions.

Has dad given up hope?

Tears stream down my face as I take off up the stairs to my room throwing myself on my bed.

Is she really going to...

Die?

Is our family falling apart?

Will any of us ever be happy again?

...

My eyes hurt and are swollen when I wake up.

My clothes from yesterday are still on so I'm assuming I accidentally fell asleep.

I walk downstairs wondering if dads still around.

"Dad?"

I walk past the laundry room but all I find is a broken washer that looks like dad attempted to try to fix it.

The kitchen is also empty but I find a note on the table.

Went back to the hospital Lia. Can you stop by Parker's and pick up my clothes and bring them to the hospital later? Mia offered to wash our clothes for now and she said if you needed anything washed to just bring them by. See you later sweetheart.

My heart begins to beat fast at the mention of Parker.

I have to go to his house?

...

I feel as if I'm going to pass out.

Ring the doorbell.

Just.. ring.. it.

I slam my finger onto the button.

Ding. Dong.

Mia opens the door,"Aw my Lia's here!"

She hugs me and then gestures for me to come inside.

"Here let me take your clothes. Parker your girlfriends here! Be a gentleman and come down and say hi!"

I guess he hasn't told his mom.

I can see Parker's door open and my heart skips a beat.

I look away but can hear his footsteps as he walks down the stairs.

"Hey Lia", he says wrapping an arm around me.

"Hey Park", I say looking up at him.

He's still the same beautiful boy I was kissing a week ago but he looks upset.

He removes his arm from me.

"You two go upstairs and talk. I'll be down here doing Lia's laundry."

"Oh no", I say trying to find anyway possible to get out of being alone with Parker,"I can do my laundry-"

"No! No!" She says,"You and Parker haven't hung out in a while I'm sure you're dying to see each other. Go on! I insist."

Parker stuffs his hands into his pockets and turns around walking back up to his room.

I hesitantly follow.

...

Parker lies down on his bed and plays on his phone while I sit on his rolling chair.

About a week ago he wanted me to lie down with him and now he doesn't even want me to be in his house, let alone his room.

After about ten minutes of awkward silence he asks how's Ivanna doing.

"Not any better", I says softly.

My phone suddenly buzzes.

Ivanna: hey Idalia can you stop by my room sometime later I need to talk to you.

Me: yeah sure

Ivanna: Asap please

I look up and see Parker staring at me but he looks away.

"I gotta go", I say standing up.

"Wait", Parker says.

I turn around to see him sitting up on his bed.

Lay with me Lia.

"Never mind."

His words slightly crush me causing tears to build up in my eyes.

This is how it has to be now.

I turn around and walk down the stairs without another word.

"Oh Lia leaving already?"

I nod,"Ivanna wants to see me."

"Oh", she says folding some clothes,"Parker's not going with you?"

I look back up towards his room,"No he said he's kinda tired."

"Tired? All he's been doing is sleeping... oh well Lia tell Ivanna I said hi."

"Will do", I say walking out the door and next door to my house.

All he's been doing is sleeping..

I'm sorry Parker...

I wish you knew how sorry I was.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! It's been a while.

Don't y'all just love Parker? Like yeah he's mad at Lia rn and it upsets me but I literally just love him sm I can't even be mad. He's cute.

BTS RELEASED A TEASER TODAY AND OH LOOK IM DYING ONCE AGAIN ('∀`*)

But yeah..

I LOVE YOU ALL SM!!

~ Kvoreabvo ✌︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 85 32
Sometimes life don't go the way we planned. Sometimes we end up feeling so low, and alone. Like we're in a dark hole with no one around us, but then...
47.2K 770 27
Falling in love with my best friends dad isn't something that was meant to happen. Will it last? Is he the person i think he is? *first time writing...
84K 3.8K 46
"Won't you join the bath with me?" I tilt my head feigning innocence. He raises a brow coming closer leaning into me. "And why should I?" "Because...
5.7K 349 30
❝ This is truly a night under the crying stars. ❞ In which Kayla Hayes's twin commits suicide and Kayla learns the value of living when life fail...