A Fellowship with Destiny

By JillDavis

Managing a popular and ritzy 100 acre western lodge/ guest ranch that has 40 room/suite accommodations for g... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 A normal work day
Chapter 2 A week of fascination and fireworks
Chapter 3 Out with the old-in with the new
Chapter 4 Lazy summer days
Chapter 5 Road trip to remember
Chapter 6 Childhood innocence lost
Chapter 8 The road leading home
Chapter 9 Getting back to normal Life
Epilogue (maybe a sequel later)

Chapter 7 A two week unplanned vacation

518 5 0
By JillDavis

 Leo pulled around to the back then he gently led me by the arm into the back doors of the jail section of the courthouse. We walked down the hall and he stopped us at booking while the officer said " Let's begin with mug shots then I will do the finger printing, you're dismissed deputy." Leo shook his head no  saying " Nope sorry, was told to handle this one personally  so I'll stick around until your done with her." He nodded as he took my mug shots yawning as Leo smirked then walked me to a table as he asked for my right hand and inked my finger tips.  After the right was done he did that same to my left hand, handed  me a moist cloth saying it would remove the ink and finally glanced at me really hard. He said " Kandi Young, well didin't recognize you since you have changed over the years." He turned to Leo as he said" What am I booking her on Deputy?" Leo sighed " Attempted murder sir, she just shot Barry Isaac, twice in the chest." He quickly turned to me saying " No way, she is too honest, this a joke?" I shook my head no as he hugged me whispering " You  had to have a good reason then, I know you Kandi, gentle and law abiding." I shrugged not speaking when Leo stated " This isn't a joke sir, now if you could run her prints, I have to take her to an interrogation room and wait for the sheriff." He nodded squeezing my shoulders saying " It will work okay, all these guys will be kind and gentle okay?" I nodded yes as he sighed deeply at me then nodded to Leo  making me flinch with he touched me. Leo sighed saying " I have a clue what you went through okay, promise I won't hurt you ma'am."

Leo led me down another hall, passing desk with officers glancing up at me then  he asked a female officer to come with us and opened a door into a room with solid white walls, no windows, a long table and a few chairs. Leo told the female officer to pat me down as I raised an eye brow she softly said " Have to miss, the male officer legally can't touch you, I will be fast about this as you are pale as a sheet and shaking." I nodded then turned  she uncuffed me and the clicking made me jump then placed my hands on the wall as she patted me down touching every part as I sighed hanging my head. Leo  asked me to sit and handed me a blanket as I wrapped up then sat down laying my head on the table closing my eyes whispering " How long before I end up in a cell sir?" He shook his head softly answering " I don't know miss, only told to wait for Sheriff Mason to come and talk to you and since you seem as skittish as a rabbit right now, probably not for awhile." He leaned against one wall, the female officer leaned on the other as I nodded then laid my head back down. I looked up glancing at the clock seeing it's now three am then turned meekly asking " Is it possible  to get maybe some coffee and something to eat,  it may calm my nerves  sir." Leo nodded then told the female not to leave the room as he went out then a few minutes later returned placing a big mug of coffee, some creamers and sugar in front of me along with some powdered donuts as I softly chuckled and they both smirked. He smiled saying " Hey now everyone likes donuts okay, got them from the sheriff's desk, blame him." I chuckled offering them some as the declined and I added the creamers, sugar to my coffee. I coughed as the hot liquid hit my stomach then started nibbling on a donut, After two donuts, I pushed them off to the side making Leo say " You're still shaking and pale, I think the stress and adrenaline wears of soon, please rest while you can Ms. Young." I nodded laying my head back down seeing the female softly  smile and nod to me.

Another hour later we all heard voices getting closer to the door,  I kept my head on my arms, Leo adjusted the blanket wrapping me up tighter then I heard the voices of some very angry guys which were Jacob, Brad and Dwight all talking at once to Uncle Jeff. Jeff said firmly " Deputy Hall take Brad down to the waiting room get him coffee or something,  Mr. Garnett please calm down she isn't in a cell, yet." I didn't raise my head when the door opened but I did hear the scrapping of chair legs in front of me  so I raised my head looking right into Jeff's eyes as he softly smiled, there was a guy in a nice suit next to him and Leo had his hand on Dwight's chest holding him at the door. Jeff  watched my facial expressions as I hung my head  with shame, tears started falling again and he sighed " Leo I think you better let him in, as Kandi I think needs some familiar comfort and if Mr. Garnett doesn't get to touch her now, he looks like he could kill you son, let him go to her." Leo nodded dropping his hand as Dwight walked around the table  looking at me with pain, hurt, love and confusion. He knelt by my side when he turned  my head gently  I flinched at his touch he growled " My god Kandi, you know I won't hurt you, I love you no matter what please don't back away from me."

Jeff softly said " Sir you have to understand, she's had only two hours of sleep, went through well god knows what at the hands of a man, this is a normal reaction for any female  with a man's touch after all." Dwight nodded as we stared into each others eyes, whispering to me " Love you, every breath I take, you're my air  Kandi." and he slowly moved closer as I trembled, tears falling as he brushed his lips gently against mine, he deepen the kiss when I whimpered making Dwight wrap his arms around me pulling him against his warm body. He  growled  "God she's shaking like a leaf Sheriff,and so pale in color, what the hell happen here because I got got was a very confused story from Brad and he just told me to be here fast."

Dwight gently picked me up bridal style then took my chair as he set  me in his lap whispering soft word, I grabbed his shirt holding on tight as I soaked him with tears he wrapped me tight against him. Jeff looked at me as my face was now buried in Dwight's chest saying " Hmm, she hasn't said but a few words to anyone since we found her sir, the best we can tell from the evidence at the hotel room is Mr. Isaac  entered her room by picking the lock as he broke off a file in the door lock, and from the few words from Kandi, he tried to rape her, don't know how far it all got before she shot him twice in the chest, we do know he was highly intoxicated and he did have his pants off when we found him in his own blood on her bed, His condition right now I haven't heard, Kandi is now booked on attempted murder charges, it's all I can legally tell you."I whimpered more and my body started shaking more when he mentioned Barry's name making Dwight stroke my hair softly sshing me , kissing my head and rest his chin on it. The guy next to Jeff cleared his throat making me shyly glance at him as I turned facing him and Uncle Jeff when he softly said " Ms. Young, my name is Rex Redmond and I am here as your Defense Attorney, as Mr. Garnett saw fit to bring me with him,  I think we need to let you calm down before we get a statement, your side of all this, does that sound good to you?" I nodded yes and turned back into Dwight's chest as I listened to his heart racing and his breath very fast so I ran my hand up and down his chest as he softly moaned and  I softly whispered "Someone else needs to calm down besides me right now."

Dwight took a deep breath making my head move as he exhaled saying " I'm trying love, you're my world, I imagined that I lost you hearing Brad ranting  incoherently about shots,gun, jail, ah hell Kandi, I'm trying for you okay, we both need to slow things down here."I whispered " I figured I lost you too, that you won't want a murderer as a wife, you may still not handsome, if he dies then I killed him, I'm soiled goods." Dwight lifted my chin looking at me saying " No you are not, you are pure, honest, loving, never again  think I would abandon you Kandi, never, promise me  okay, know it, fell it in your heart, you are and always will be my life, love unconditionally I give it to you," I watched all the emotions in his eyes when he kissed me slowly and with tenderness as I wrapped my fingers in his hair devouring his lips pressing hard taking all his love. The door opened so we all turned a deputy shook his head no as Jeff looked at  me then Rex saying "Well it's now confirmed, he didn't make it."

I looked at Rex as he nodded then to Dwight saying " I love you with all of me, walk away while you can Dwight, you don't need to be involved with this,  with me now that we know, I would understand if you do, please , please my life is now ruined, don't let it ruin yours too." Dwight growled as he shook his head no saying " No damn it Kandi, thick or thin, better or worse, you better learn right now, I will not ever leave you again, woman you are my life, without  you I am lost, now stop this, I am not leaving you." Rex cleared his throat saying " Ms. Young, this case will be put out on our part as self defense and self preservation on your part, now legally the charges will be upgraded to murder, not just attempted murder, do you understand?" I nodded and Jeff said " We need a statement from you Kandi before anything else will happen, you up for that now?" I looked to Rex he nodded yes then I sighed nodding yes to Jeff. Jeff had  Leo leave the room to get the deputy and a court reporter that  records statements as Dwight rubbed my back and we all stayed quiet. When Leo walked back in alone Jeff raised an eye brow when Leo said " Umm Sheriff she's a bit busy right now, it seems Jacob has made a statement about what happened in the bar before all this happened, along with Mr. Walsh and well there seems to be about twenty other people here wanting to do the same. Also it's all over town and the news already about Barry and the assumptions are all over the board."

Then the door opened as I smirked seeing two well built guys in black suits, FBI badges hanging off the jackets pockets as one said " Sheriff Mason, my name is Ed Wells and this is my partner Steve Thames we are from the FBI." Jeff shook his head growling "  Chaos, I am now in the middle of it, so what's brings the bureau  to get involved in a local murder sir?" I cleared my throat and gently raised my hand, Jeff looked at me as Ed and Steve chuckled when I said" Um Uncle Jeff that would be me, you ran my prints, well these two lovable teddy bears , yea are here because my name showed up."Jeff grumbled " Should have figured, your dad was FBI, you are his daughter, just like him too by the way Kandi." I nodded yes as they all chuckled and Ed said "So, charges are now for murder, we need to discuss this sheriff. " Jeff sighed " First let's get her statement then you two can toss all the monkey wrenches in after that okay?" They both smirked nodding yes and walked in right  to me, Ed slowly took the blanket down, uncuffed my hands, Jeff raised an eyebrow never saying a word, Ed pulled me into a hug saying " Oh young one, what a mess, two shots, dead on aim well you know my thought on that, you okay ?" I nodded whispering " The best I can be right now Ed, you and Steve, my guardian angels, here now, sorry about not writing you guys." He chuckled then Steve hugged me saying " Oh we will talk about that missy, bank on it, missed you kid." I smiled saying " Missed you  too Steve."

Chaos broke out in the room, Ed and Steve trying to get the sheriff to drop all charges, Dwight adding his two cents worth  about how it was simple self defense, Leo and the female officer leaning on the walls chuckling at me when I  glanced at them and Rex just sitting chuckling at the whole scene, when I cleared my throat everyone looked and I said" Hey, um remember me guys, Ed and Steve stop picking on the sheriff and sit, Jeff just chill as you look upset here, Dwight please I'm still cold handsome come warm me up, Rex yea just sit and do whatever, your job is about to get harder." They all smirked as Dwight pulled me into his lap, Ed and Steve stood behind us, and Jeff sighed sitting down when the door opened and a lady walked in with a big machine in her hands.

She softly smiled to me setting everything down, looked around the room then said " Sheriff, I have statements from twenty locals, one very antsy wrangler from Colorado and a pissed off Deputy, just thought you should know, now Kandi, this will go quickly and you can have anyone stay or leave your choice." I nodded saying" Sorry to make your day a long one ma'am." She chuckled answering " Not a problem, took more of these today than I have in a long time but all were to the point, and very quick so when ever you are ready nod and I will turn the recorder on." I smiled then looked at Rex,  looked around the room softly saying "You all can stay if you want,  it may help my sanity on this insane day." They all nodded yes as I nodded to her and she flipped the switch, Rex said " My name is Rex Redmond , attorney for Kandi Young the accused, what you are about to hear is her statement of the facts pertaining to these charges, this is not  being forced from her by any officer of the court or law officer, thank you."

I started with the bar and what all happened between Jacob and Barry, about the bet that Barry mentioned, what Barry threatened  as he left the night. Then I took a deep breath as the lady placed her hand on my arm nodding so I retold every step from Jacob walking me to my room, getting the gun from the safe and why, then how I was sleeping and was woke up from hearing the door being juggled against the frame. Tears started falling  making her turn the machine to pause softly saying " I know the next part is going to stir up a lot of emotions from you and the people in this room, take your time  this is always the hardest part being a woman okay?" I nodded as tears fell slowly, Dwight wrapped me tight against him then I took a deep breath nodding to her , she turned the recorder back on as I continued. I retold step by step how Barry gagged me,  held me down on the bed, ripping my shirt fondling my chest what he said to me all the way, as Dwight growled, what Barry did to me and the tears were falling more as I spoke out how he moved his hands into my shorts, and his words while what he did then told about how I kneed him and what exactly happen up to the point of Brad coming in the room, then what I did as I waited for the police and EMT"s. She had tears falling with me when she turned off the recorder, no one said a word, Dwight was crying against my back softly, Jeff wiped his eyes, Rex looked very sadden. Ed   firmly said " Now sheriff that shows self defense, drop all charges now, Kandi did  have the right to shoot him as far as the FBI is concerned this is a justifiable kill."

The lady patted my arm wiping her tears, nodded to Jeff and left the room when Jeff said " Justified and how do you come up with that sir?" Steve walked up placing his hands on Dwight's shoulders, Dwight wiped his eyes then raised an eye brow kissing my tears away and Steve said " We trained her in weapons sir at the age of eleven if you remember that time, she qualified  passing our rigorous training, allowing her the permit she now holds, so unless she goes all crazy, she had the right, as she felt her life, and body was in danger that's why sir" Ed stood next to him as Jeff  sighed so I cleared my throat saying " Guys, I know you two big bulky lovable teddy bears are here to get me out of this, I will go through the legal channels okay, thanks for the love and please let's  just get this over, I want to go home, back to Colorado, nothing personal Uncle Jeff." He smiled saying " I understand bugs, I do." Ed raised an eye brow then sighed " Fine Kandi, do it your way, sheriff no jail time, she will be released to Mr. Garnett as he is her employer, now guardian here  for legal terms, we will hold off for now as to tossing in  the monkey wrenches, by the way Mr. Garnett , nice  ranch sir." Dwight chuckled telling them thank you as Ed hugged me whispering, " Take this key, go to the safe house on the hill okay, stay there until this is over, feds the mutts, I'm so sorry young one that this happened to such a loving lady, miss and love you Kandi." I hugged him saying " Love and miss you too Ed, you and Steve are the best guardian angels I could ever have, thanks." He smiled and nodded then Steve hugged me saying " You call me missy, we need to talk so when you get to the house I expect to see you on my cell." I nodded hugging him back as they headed for the door, Ed turned stating" Oh the lovable teddy bear thing, stays in this room, we do have an image." We all laughed as they both smirked, we nodded yes then they closed the door.

I turned into Dwight's chest as he  whispered " I love you so much, never will you and I ever be apart again Kandi, all this will be straighten out, Rex is the best damn lawyer stateside, and do not think what happened to you changes anything on how I feel and care for you, you still are my love, fiance, future wife, my air okay?" I nodded against him saying " Can we go, I'm wiped, hungry, tired and really need a shower." Jeff looked at me as I turned to him, he nodded saying " Yep, you need sleep, bugs off the record, forgive me  I had no choice here." I smiled saying " Uncle Jeff I know, I love you, always will no matter what, you are family, besides Jacob you are all I have left."  I stood up as he opened his arms holding me as he sighed saying " God how I missed you bugs, love you so much this hurts me deeply, tears me up deep in my soul." I kissed his cheek whispering " We will get through it, family, you, me  and Jacob, we have to  stay together as family, I love you Uncle Jeff." He kissed my forehead then nodded to the door saying " Better get now, I know two men out there probably pacing as we speak." I smiled, Leo nodded to me and opened the door, we all saw Brad and Jacob leaning against the wall. Brad came towards us, guilt on his face while he stared at me saying " I failed you sir, I didn't think it would go this far, god Kandi I am so sorry." Dwight held him by the shoulders saying " Son you didn't fail me, no one saw this coming, no guilt okay, we will get through this, all of us." Jacob stood a step back as he just eyed me then looked down, sighed " Hell Kandi, I should have stayed watching your room all night,  guts told me something was wrong, didn't listen, shook it off." I lifted his eyes to meet mine saying " Not your fault either Jacob, we all know people say stupid stuff when drunk, he just took it to the next level, insanity okay not your fault."

Dwight pulled me against him saying " Jacob, son we need to have a heart to heart I think. I know about you two and the past so let's have a chat, she needs you in her life, and since we both need her, me being her lover and future husband I think you and I have to come to terms with each other." I turned looking at Dwight, he winked saying " Yes I know Kandi,  high school love never dies, never,he is family to you,  I either accept this and we work it out or maybe we both lose you, time for me to step up here and show you how much more I love you." I kissed his neck as Jacob said" Yes sir, I also need to step up here, I see how much she loves you and you her so sure let's have that heart to heart after we get her some food and in a nice bed." Dwight put his hand out for Jacob, they shook hands and Dwight nodded saying " Good then for our girl here, let's get the heck out of here, as we now have a house to stay in?" He looked at me as I smiled, Jacob raised an eye brow  so all I said was " FBI, Ed and Steve remember, they walked by you two a bit ago, the safe house on the hill Jacob." He chuckled saying. " Yep, figures when they winked at me it had to be them, guess they remembered me huh." I slapped his chest nodding " Oh I'm sure they did cowboy, so time to go, love you Uncle Jeff." Jeff nodded  smiling and we all headed out the back doors, Dwight and Rex went to a truck, Brad opened the car door for me then he got int the driver's side, Jacob said he'd follow us out to the house. I gave Brad directions  as we pulled out of the back lot and took a deep breath as he told me he has all my stuff  from the room and is in the trunk. We pulled up to the gate, I entered the code as it opened then we went up the long nice circle drive and Brad whistled as he took in the house, grounds and the high security fencing all the way around as I chuckled at him.

After Brad parked the car, Dwight and Rex next to us then Jacob next to them, we all got out as four Doberman dogs growled and barked, sniffed the air, as I chuckled kneeling down when they all ran right for me. Dwight would have stepped in front if I didn't say " It's okay, they are more bark then bite handsome." All four tackled me to the ground licking me, hyper and tails wagging while I laughed petting them and the guys all chuckled seeing me getting mauled. I finally stood up, the dogs all sat down as I said " Okay guys, the men you smell are all friends, be nice, don't bite or attack them got it?" The dogs all yipped once, took a sniff of each guy while Brad smirked, Rex kinda looked on edge still, Jacob rubbed one of their heads and Dwight raised his eye brow. They one by one came back to me licked my palm then all took off around to the back of the house as Dwight asked" Okay, horses now dogs, are you like an animal whisperer love?"  Jacob laughed patting his shoulder saying " Sir I think maybe she is, I haven't seen an animal yet, ever not like Kandi, and they all listen to her." I shrugged softly saying            " These four were raised by my dad back in DC as attack guard dogs handsome, we kinda grew up together." My cell rang as did Dwight's making us both laugh then turned answering our phones.

I chuckled hearing Jeb say " Be safe does not mean  go to jail, no passing go Kandi." I laughed saying " Jeb I know, well let's say things got really weird okay, I'm good now, Brad says hi and Dwight is also here now, please calm down, tell Alec to stop pacing and  put Carrie on  please, love you all, miss ya and please keep things running for me there." He chuckled telling me he loved and missed  me then I heard Carrie say " Damn when you go home, shit just flies out of normal boundaries huh." I laughed  as Brad smirked and Jacob was talking to my attorney Rex. Dwight seemed miffed on his call as he paced back and forth in front of me so I said " Hey my friend I have a few things I need you to do right now, grab some paper for a list because this is going to be way off the scope for us and the lodge."

I stepped in front of Dwight's path when he stopped, looked at me and sighed then pulled me against him as I leaned my back into his chest and he put an arm around me. He continued talking, softer and calmer now as I said to Carrie " Ready, okay one make sure all the guests leave Sunday happy and pleased, two  push back all the next two weeks bookings by  two weeks as I'm kinda stuck here for two weeks now, three tell all the staff they will have the next two weeks off as a paid vacation. " Carrie sighed then asked " Boss some don't get paid vacation so everyone?" I  rubbed my shoulders against Dwight when he looked down and I said " Everyone Carrie, two weeks paid vacation." then I glanced to Dwight and he nodded yes with a soft smile kissing my head.

She chuckled and I continued " Let the maids and Maria, Lena know after all rooms are back to a one they're vacation starts then, tell Jeb, Alec  and the wranglers that stay on property, please don't leave, hang around, play ,enjoy but please watch the place and animals, as they will still get the vacation pay understand?" Carrie answered " Yep got it boss, now how are you really Kandi?" I sighed whispering so only her and Dwight heard me " Tired my friend, scared, really screwed up right now, never in my wildest thought did I think with  all that training, I would murder another human." Dwight growled saying so she could hear " Self defense Kandi never forget what he threaten to do to you." Dwight wrapped me up tighter against him as I rubbed his arm and Carrie said " Kandi you had not out, he gave you no other choice, miss you and please stay out of jail, this place will go to hell if you're not here."

I chuckled as Dwight closed his phone hearing her making him chuckle also against my head and I said " I don't think jail and I would mesh my friend and Carrie, thanks, I way owe you my friend." She laughed then we said bye and I hung up. I turned into Dwight's chest taking slow deep shaky breaths whispering " I  am sorry I have to shut it down handsome for two weeks unless you plan on going home to watch over the ranch." He growled stating. " Never am I leaving you again, nope, two weeks will not hurt, as you made an excellent management decision and I back up anything you do baby, I love you, not the money, ranch, nothing but you means  the world to me, please learn this fact here and now Kandi." He lifted my head and kissed my lips hard proving to me he meant every last word as I moaned pulling his shirt hard against me. I whimpered asking " How Dwight, how can you say that ,as you worked so hard to be where you are in in life?"  He tilted his head, brushed his lips against mine saying " Because I know in my heart without you, none of it would make me happy like you do Kandi, only you with me, loving me is what I need forever now." I wrapped my fingers in his hair making him growl deep, low and sexy as I kissed him with so much passion he moaned  crushing my body against his then we heard someone clear their throat. We both turned as Jacob nodded " Sorry guys, I think she needs some sleep sir, she looking very pale right now."

I smiled as Dwight looked at me and smiled saying " You my friend are right, let's get our girl food and to sleep then  we can have that heart to heart son." Jacob nodded as I said thanks to him, he smirked, tipped his hat and Brad grabbed our bags, Dwight got his as Rex chuckled and we all walked up the huge walkway to the front doors. The dogs sat there waiting when I unlocked the door they all went in sniffing around then one turned and barked to me making me chuckle. Dwight laughed as I said" They said it's safe to enter now, so let's check this place out huh?" Brad chuckled and said " I will find the master bedroom and drop your bag there  ma'am, sir  could I take yours please?" Dwight nodded as Brad smiled taking his bag then wandered up the stairs, Dwight told Rex to find a room then meet back down in the living room wherever it was making me laugh while he and Jacob looked around both whistling. Dwight took my hand as the three of us checked each room, found a  big dining room, excellent kitchen and I told Dwight Jeb would be in heaven there as he chuckled, Jacob called us over as he laughed then opened the door, a fully filled game room with windows showing an indoor pool, and jacuzzi.

Brad and Rex joined our tour exploring with us, we found a den, two offices and a room that was locked with a note on the door. Dwight took it and chuckled then handed it to me as I read it out loud"  Kandi, we know the law kept your weapon as expected, if needed you know how to get in  here for a replacement, Love Ed and Steve" Jacob raised an eye brow making Brad and Rex chuckle when Rex  said " Deputy, this is an FBI bought and owned home, can't expect not to have a weapons room?" Jacob turned to me as I shrugged walking away and he said " Whoa, wait there missy, you can get in there?" I blushed nodding yes whispering " If needed yes Jacob,remember my dad, FBI agent tweny years, full retirement, protected a president one term so um, yea okay, see ya." I laughed running and the dogs followed me around the corner as I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge grabbing a Gatorade then petted one of them waiting and laughed as Jacob slid across the tiles coming to a sudden stop chuckling. " Damn you got slow as you got old jock boy." Jacob laughed as he caught his breath and the others came in laughing as Dwight said " Jock boy?" I blushed, Jacob growled as Brad rolled on the floor laughing, the dogs attacked him licking, tail wagging and Rex smiled at all of us saying " Well I see this will be an interesting two weeks."

Rex came over patting my arm, I smiled then he opened the fridge getting an orange juice and tossed one to Dwight as he was leaning on the corner of the breakfast counter. Brad was breathing hard and said" Okay call them off Kandi, I'm soaked here." I chuckled then softly whistled, they stopped turned to me and bound out to the living room when Jacob laughed giving Brad a hand up." Brad wiped his face off chuckling then proceeded to tell Dwight and Rex how Jacob got the nick name and then told them mine as I growled and Jacob stuck his tongue out at me. Dwight just watched our banter  smiling at us then he said " Okay love, call your guardians as promised then off to bed after these two cowboys fix some dinner for all of us. " I pumped my fist in the air as Jacob and Brad's mouths hung open making Dwight say" Problem cowboys?" They both turned to each other then back and both said " No sir,  no problem."

I smirked when Brad slapped my  arm as I walked by  dialing Steve's number from memory.  I didn't have them in my phone, security thing, I had the number ingrained in my brain and he picked up saying "  Hey missy hows the place?" I chuckled saying " Huge, gorgeous and you never told me Max, Beau, Sam and Cliff were up here, I missed them all." He chuckled and then he told me how proud they both are of me, sorry I had to use their training but glad it saved my life. We talked a bit then he said " Kandi, we both love you, never scare us like that again if possible, and the house, well your name is on the deed too, use it anytime okay, keep the key, feed the mutts, keep  Dwight happy, yes we ran a check on him, good solid man we approve  much so, be happy young one and call if you need us okay?" I sighed saying " Love you two more, miss you both so much Steve, I will be happy and thank you both again for sanity in my mixed up world."  We said our byes as I turned Dwight was leaning against the corner and smiled to me. I blushed to him as he chuckled saying " You have quite a few people watching out for you, more than I expected sexy, you know I liked those two, felt good vibes from them."

I  wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest as he ran his hands up and down my back gently setting his chin on my head. I softly said " They like you too Dwight even gave the big brother approval stamp." I felt his chest move as he chuckled and kissed my head saying " Let's help with dinner beautiful, those two seem lost in a kitchen and I don't need food poisoning." I chuckled and we both walked into the kitchen and laughed as Brad smirked saying " Um okay a microwave I know, help Kandi." Jacob laughed as I nodded and Brad sat by Dwight while Jacob and I work together like we had many times fixing a fast chicken dinner with fried potatoes and a salad.  Jacob and I high fived each other when we had it all set on the counter, Dwight,Rex and Brad laughed as we chuckled then washed up the mess. Dwight looked at Jacob saying " I see you two have teamed up in more areas than boyfriend/girlfriend." Jacob nodded as he took a bite of chicken then said " Kandi's mom and dad mostly raised me, we grew up like brother/sister at first then when she turned  into a hot high school babe my attraction and thoughts of her changed, you know the rest sir." I blushed and nudged him as he laughed almost falling off the stool making the three other chuckle and Dwight tapped my nose saying " Behave sexy, he's honest and I don't mind, you are  my love, I need more history about your life." I smiled then shrugged and took another bite of my food.

Jacob gave them a good history lesson of mine and his childhood together, even about why my parents took him in and about his mom and dad. After I was full, and content I picked up my plate telling them I'd be right back, had to feed the dogs. Dwight tapped Brad, Brad looked at him then nodded as he got up and went with me making me chuckle. Brad and I walked out back and as Brad filled the four food dishes, refilled their water bowls I whistled then we waited. All four came loping up chasing each other and I chuckled when the licked my hand and Brad's hand. I knelt down petting them as Brad said " You guys have a history, they love you boss, trust you too, as most guard dogs would never be bothered while eating. "

I smiled and nodded then hugged them, they licked my nose and went back to eating as we went back in the house. I told Brad " Yea those four guys saved my life many times cowboy, rattlers, wolves, other bad dogs, and I know I'm headed to bed soon, please make sure you bring them in the house before locking all the doors okay?" He nodded saying " Yes ma'am. dogs in then  lock up, got it." I stopped as he did and I turned hugging him as he smiled against my head I whispered " Thanks Brad." He sighed " Welcome Kandi, anytime you need me I am there for you. " I smiled then we walked back into the kitchen as Dwight smiled and said " Bed time beautiful, you have had a rough two days." He put his hand out, I took it saying night to the guys, Rex smiled, Brad nodded and Jacob said " Nite Kandi, sleep well tonight knowing we all are here this time." I smiled patting his arm saying " Not your fault Jake, drop it please for me?" He tilted his head and smiled " Yea, you haven't called me that in years, fine it's dropped, love ya Kandi," I smiled whispering " Love you too Jake, night."

Dwight led me to the stairs then walked behind me holding both my hands as we walked up the beautiful staircase, and he lead me to the last room at the end of the hall, opened the door as I smiled seeing a huge master bedroom, king size bed and  the covers gently and with care folded down. He kissed me then went to the bathroom starting the shower as I slipped out of my clothes, then he smiled as I stepped in the shower moaning as I felt the warm water rolling down my shoulders and squeaked when I felt his body against me as he chuckled kissing my shoulder whispering " I plan on spoiling you, washing every part, lovingly caressing every part Kandi, I have so missed touching you, please enjoy, let me make you feel loved, relax okay, allow me to enjoy your body, and taste all of you tonight." I turned around placing my body against his feeling his every muscle, his desires and nodded whispering  " I've also miss your touch, please Dwight love me , make love with me take all  of me until you have filled all your needs and desires." He growled against my neck as he nipped my collarbone and he caressed my body making love in the shower as I climaxed many times while he tasted me, made love used every part of the sexual desires from each other, then pleased him as he also climaxed many times and kissed my lips deeply saying " God  I will never get enough of you pleasing me love and I will always please you, fill your needs first." He pressed me against the wall as he made love with me again and we both gasped when we released all our love for each other.

Dwight wrapped me in a warm towel and carried me to the bed gently laying me down as he laid by me pulling my back against his chest, kissed my neck and said softly, "Now sleep  beautiful and know I am here holding you forever." I kissed his arm as he wrapped them both around me when I fell asleep almost within minutes, happy, warm, sated and safe once again. I must have slept for a few hours then woke up, sitting up straight looking around scared, disoriented and  in a cold sweat shaking and crying when one of the dogs came through the door and jumped on the bed laying his head in  my lap as I wept and he whimpered moving his body against me. I laid my head on his just as  Dwight came in the door looking very worried then sighed as he took in the sight of me. He  said softly " Beau go, I have her now bud." He raised his head and jumped down walking by Dwight, turned back to me then Dwight smiled patting his head saying " Thank you boy, " He licked his hand and left as I laid down  and Dwight pulled my head to his chest cooing softly saying loving assuring words as I tried to stop crying and slow my breathing. Dwight softly said " Jeff mentioned nightmares, didn't think they would start so soon sexy, sorry I wasn't here." I shook my head no whispering  through a shaky breath " No apologies love, I knew they'd happen too, you can't always be here when I wake." He rubbed my back softly as I snuggled more against him, stealing the warmth and he wrapped his arm around me as my breathing slowed listening to his and finally dozed off again as I felt his heart beat and breathing against my face.

 When I woke the next morning, I was wrapped in Dwight's arms, Beau and  Max were on the foot of the bed making me softly chuckle making them raise their heads. They slowly crawled up the bed stopping glancing at Dwight then got close enough I could scratch their heads as Dwight softly said" Yea, okay you two, she's safe and now we are both awake." Their ears raised up as the tails wags and we both chuckled when  Max licked Dwight's face then jumped down, Beau glanced at Max, then back to us then he jumped off the bed as we both laughed at them  rolling around on the floor. Dwight chuckled" God they are like kids those two, wouldn't leave all night." I smiled kissing Dwight softly saying" I see you guys bonded sometime because Max doesn't just kiss anyone handsome." He smirked nodding " We did have a dominance discussion in the middle of the night, I won, I think at least." I laid back laughing as he tickled me then laid over me kissing me softly saying " Morning beautiful, finally sleep better?" I nodded and ran my hand along his strong face staring into his deep blue gorgeous eyes saying " Yes, thank you handsome,  I love you Dwight."  He smiled kissing me replying " I love you more Kandi, and you are welcome love, now get up  and come down when ready, we have a few surprises for you this morning." I titled my head he chuckled" Nothing all bad news okay some good, and good for you my love." I nodded then he kissed my nose, got up and went into the bathroom.

I laid in bed stretching then smirked as Sam and Cliff were sneaking in, crawling on their bellies looking around the room for Dwight I was sure, then jumped on me and the bed making me laugh as they licked me messing the covers up. Dwight came back out dressed in a nice sexy deep blue western shirt, his tight black jeans and hair slicked back saying " Okay you two, you said morning, out  with your brothers, get to work." They both stopped looked at him and barked once as I laughed then he jumped making them yip and run for the door as he laughed winking at me. I smiled kissing his neck  saying " Uh huh, you now have male dominance." as I passed on the way to the bathroom and he gently slapped my bare ass making me squeak. I showered and the walked out to see Dwight had made the bed and laid out my clothes as I smiled thinking how sweet he was to do all this for me.

He seemed to have bought me a new light tan western shirt, soft like suede leather, dark black form fitting jeans, had my boots shiny and polished and my white Stetson with a new hat band that now had peacock feathers and turquoise on the front. I brushed my hair letting the soft waves fall on my shoulders then grabbed my duster heading down stairs  hearing them all in the kitchen. I  tossed my duster on the back of the couch by Dwight's black one then leaned on the door frame of the kitchen hiding my chuckles watching these three fixing breakfast and all in aprons. I busted out laughing when Dwight said " Now come on Brad , just keep moving the eggs around so they don't stick, it's not rocket science son." they all turned and smiled as I sauntered in sitting by Jacob as he bumped me smiling and said" Got a camera because this just gets better every minute." I chuckled as Dwight leaned over kissing me softly and said " Keep it up Jacob, you can be volunteered here still." He raised his hands in surrender as I smirked and Rex set some juice down for me smiling as I thanked him.

 Jacob and I tried so hard not to laugh much as these three worked making breakfast and a slight disaster of the kitchen. Finally they had all the food served up and on the counter, I laughed as they shook hands and then Dwight took the apron off saying " Okay, I'm hiring a chef for the next two weeks, not that we didn't try here." I nodded and said " Please do handsome, I don't want to imagine what this kitchen would look like after another attempt like dinner tonight?" Brad grumbled then smirked when Rex slapped his back saying " Hey now you all know why I'm a lawyer, I never could do this stuff." we all laughed and Dwight made sure I got plenty of food making me growl and the guys chuckled. After we ate, I did the dishes, cleaned up the disaster as Jacob chuckled helping me and Dwight smirked as Rex and Brad just  seemed amazed at us. Jacob turned when we were done and shrugged pointing to me saying " Her mom and her made sure when I got out and was single I didn't starve okay." I nodded " All guys need basic life skills, kinda hard to live if you  have to eat junk food all the time huh Brad?" He  blushed and I chuckled at him, Dwight and the other two smirked then we all headed for the living room.

Rex sat down and Dwight had me sit by him, Brad and Jacob took seat then Rex said " Kandi, Russel Jackson was questioned also yesterday if you remember?" I nodded the he continued " He stated he never  meant for this "bounty" to go this far, said he actually forgot about it as the bets were deposited at the bank, so the  Judge assigned to your case has closed the account,  ordered the funds to pay for Mr. Issac's funeral costs." I sighed and I couldn't control it as soft tears started falling, Dwight pulled me against him wiping the tears gently with his thumbs, Rex frowned  then softly said " Your first court appearance is at noon today and the judge is Keith Hardin."  I turned to Jacob and he nodded then grumbled softly when  Rex tilted his head Jacob said " Sir there could be a conflict here, um being a small town,  Keith  is the father of Lily Hardin." Rex nodded then  Jacob said " He never has liked Kandi  when we were kids,  because as things go here Kandi beat his daughter Lily in every rodeo event every time for three straight years, he went so far to accuse Kandi of using steroids on Lightning since he is large for a purebred mustang, sir." I hung my head against Dwight's arm sighing " I am so screwed now."

Rex said" We will ask for a new judge then." I shook my head no, as Jacob said " Not possible sir, as a small town, he is the only criminal judge here, to get a different judge her case would have to be moved."  I added "  Rex I want this over sooner then later please, I can't deal with all this, I have a  ranch to run in Colorado,  friends very worried there and I feel safer there now, nothing against you Jake." He nodded " I do understand Kandi, really no problem, it's your home now, where your heart wants to be." I nodded yes then Rex sighed " Then we cross any bias from him if it comes up Kandi, listen I will do what is best for you concerning these charges, even if you don't like it deal?" I growled, Dwight chuckled whispering " He is the best for a reason love, trust him." I nodded saying " Keep me out of jail, out of prison  please. you all know as I do I did kill another human, can't white wash that fact, I will handle the consequences as long as I am not caged like an animal. please." tears now streaming down my cheeks, Jacob rubbing my arms, Dwight holding me tightly and  Brad asked what we all wanted to just didn't " Sir what in your opinion will happen as her final  sentence?" 

Rex turned saying " I am the best because I know everything I can son, best case scenerio and I have to be forthright Dwight, is Kandi did feel threathen by Mr. Isaac so self defense is a winning defense,  he did  make  his intentions to her very clear, even said it to you deputy in a round about way, so rape is also going to come out in court, her being deadly accurate with well two shots isn't good but  I can work with what I know with her dad and history of the FBI, if and I say this because nothing is a sure thing, Kandi will get  the charges lowered to involuntary manslaughter due to duress, no way around  it there, as she said a man did die,  get no jail or prison time but will be on a fixed three year probation  and I will be recommending that Dwight be named her guardian in charge as legally on paper he is her employer only. I will use the fact of her long standing job, and what ever positive I can dig up to help here Kandi, Jacob I will need  names of everyone who came to help yesterday, I saw a town divided here so this could get ugly fast, throwing that out for you two since you grew up here."  Jacob looked at me and wiped the tears saying " I'm standing behind her sir, hell or high water, even if I lose my job."  I shook my head no sobbing " No Jake, don't even think that, do not ruin your career for me please no."

 Dwight cleared his throat pulling me against him kissing my neck saying "  Beautiful a man has to do what he feels is just, right, do not deny Jacob his honor as a man by making him chose between  doing whats right or you hating him, then you make it a lose lose situation for him Kandi, you have to,now as hard as this is because we all know you, you have to allow us to help you and let the chips fall where they fall." I shook my head no whimpering against him as he sighed,  Jacob softly said " Kandi cane, I have to do this, for you, for us, for your dad and mom, god for everything that makes me who I am today, is because of you and the morals from your family, look at me please Kandi." 

I whimpered as Dwight adjusted me and I turned to Jacob when he placed his fingers under my chin  and we looked intensely into each others eyes as he said. " Your dad made me promise to him that last year of his life to always take care of you, protect you, keep you happy and safe, Kandi cane  I swore on his grave that I would honor my promise to him,as you meant so much to him, mean so much to me,I am happy, ready and willing to keep that promise, let me keep my honor Kandi, and please don't hate me for it because I swear to you I will do what I have to to keep that promise." He wiped the tears falling as I leaned into him as he took a deep breathe against me, I wrapped my arms around him  feeling his chest shaking and I nodded yes whispering " Jake never could I hate you, never, you idiot promising him that, he knew someday you would have to make good on it." I sat up and slapped his chest as he faked hurt smiling        " You idiot you know how dad worked, he played you like a fiddle cowboy." He  smirked nodding yes and said " Hey he did, but his intentions were clear baby girl, keep his baby safe, happy and protected, that is what I will do." I softly smiled whispering " God been ages since I heard that saying Jake, wow a full circle for us, back to tight knit brother/ sister bonding again." Jacob rubbed my arms shrugging " We were always better friends then the romance thing  baby girl, it all just hit me this week, the love for you is strong as family blood not as a romance love I felt more like a brother than a lover, my love is better this way for us both as Dwight would rip me into pieces and feed me to his new four buddies here." Dwight smirked and nodded to us as I hugged Jacob and he tighten it letting a long slow breathe out whispering " Thank you baby girl, love you." I kissed his neck saying " Love you to Jake."

 He chuckled wiping the last of my tears as I smiled Dwight said " Life is a wonder beautiful, you have us both, now let's get to the good news as I am depressed enough thanks Rex." I chuckled as Rex nodded saying " Anytime Dwight, maybe fresh peanuts could have changed things huh." We all laughed as Brad looked at me intently when I winked and he nodded so he knew I was dealing okay. Dwight growled ' What is it with you and those damn peanuts Redmond?" I roared laughing as everyone chuckled and Rex said " Kinda gets under the skin Garnett, I like it, may keep it up." I squeezed Rex's arm saying " Not around me please, he and I yea, ask Brad it can get ugly when we disagree." Brad nodded fast and furious as Dwight laughed holding his hand for me so I took it and we all got up. Jacob held my other hand as Brad smiled to me and they led me out back to a corral as Jacob said  " Show your man a true proud mustang  baby girl." I looked at him when he nodded to the corral so I whistled and heard a deep  nicker as Dwight raised an eye brow I smiled, Jake and Brad chuckled. Lightning came around the corner, cleared the four rail fence heading right for me as I stepped down he stopped nuzzling my chest.

I chuckled when he took a bid sniff blowing my hair and the guys all laughed at us  when I  said" Miss me big guy?" Lightning shook his head up and down as Dwight raised an eye brow  and Jacob laughed at him as Brad said " Sir you know how she and Thunder are, well yep Lightning, nice huh Thunder and Lightning, his even more attached to Kandi then Thunder." Dwight said " No way cowboy , yea one is unique and Kandi is special but two?" Jacob clapped him saying " We have a doubter here Lightning, now what are you going to do about that?" I smiled when Lightning bared his teeth towards Dwight then whinnied. Brad laughed and I turned," Hm he told you handsome." Dwight looked at me asking " Serious Kandi, He is like Thunder?" I nodded, Lightning nodded and Jacob laughed watching Dwight's face. Brad was almost rolling on the ground now, the four dogs came around and sat down watching us. I nodded to the dogs saying " These four have front row since they already know Lightning here handsome, need proof, okay, Brad could you get an apple, Jake got a cube?" He nodded tossing me a sugar cube.

I chuckled and turned back to Lightning stepping to him, he stepped back as he knew how this all goes. Jacob said" I know you're a die hard cowboy, ranching all your life right, this is a proud gelded purebred American Mustang sir,  he is large for the breed but he can thank Kandi for his health, size, stamina and life, so he does in his own way. Just watch pure devotion from a horse who loves and totally trusts your amazing lady ." I sat down on the ground, Lightning sat down, I rolled he rolled then I jumped up on my feet, He jumped up on his back feet then came down gently I rubbed his nose giving him the sugar cube  then turned as he licked my cheek making me laugh, Lightning laughed well as a horse could and I caught Dwight watching, smirking and stunned. I turned to Lightning saying " You want to show off today big guy?" He shook his head up and down nickering as the four dogs then laid down and  the guys laughed then sat down also.

  I sided stepped  and Lightning copied every move,  I spun in circles so did he,  I jumped he jumped, and as I went through all the stuff he did exactly  the same moves then I started dancing and I heard Dwight chuckle as Lightning reared up staying on his hind legs and danced with me. After the dance I bowed low to him as he lowered his head and bent his front knee bowing back not raising his head until I did. I walked down the drive way as Lightning followed behind me walking every where I went then we came back to the back door nodding to Brad, Lightning nodding and he tossed  the apple  to high for me so Lightning caught it nickering as I laughed and Brad blushed saying " Sorry Lightning over shot her." He shook his head up and down making all four laugh.  I turned so they could see Lightning dropped the apple in my hand then I smile and he curled his lips. I placed half the apple in his mouth as we started sharing the apple. Jacob turned to Dwight asking " Would you trust a horse not to bit you sir?" Dwight said " Not meaning to but they would not matter what son." I raised an eye brow as Jacob chuckled saying. " He won't bite her promise sir, his love for her is nothing but pure amazing, when he was small she bottle fed him, slept in the barn with him they grew so close it amazed her dad so much he couldn't put Lightning down when he got very ill, Kandi covered him with her body stopping her dad from shooting him, she sacrificed so much for this horse, I think he knows it, understands her every mood, move, emotion, believe  me, I have a scar on my ass to prove it." Dwight took a deep breath when Lightning and I got closer then I smiled saying " You want the rest big guy?" he shook his head side to side so I  said " Okay I will finish it." Dwight softly said "Kandi are your nuts" I smiled as I bite the last part and my lips touched Lightning's as he gently let go and licked my mouth with his tongue.

I heard Dwight let out a slow breath then I said " May I have a kiss big guy?" Lightning shook his head up and down the he curled his lips on my cheek and then licked my cheek  as I rubbed his nose  whispering " Love you Lightning."  He whinnied  and I swear it sounded like love you. Dwight raised his eye brow turning to Jacob "He talks?" Jacob shrugged answering " That was the first time but I swear I heard  what sounded like love you" Brad and Rex nodded in agreement as I smirked saying " Oh yea, well Jacob I never like showing that because  most people freak when they hear it." Lightning shook his head up and down as I laughed then he bowed down  to me. Dwight stood up, Lightning stood up and now I raised an eye brow, Jacob held his arm saying " Sir careful he is very protective of her." Dwight nodded saying " Son if he is that in tune then he will know I love her and would never hurt her." then slowly put his hands palms up walking gently towards us as I just watched how this would play out. Dwight softly said " Mind if I hug my beautiful love Lightning?" I saw him shake his head side to side and smiled as he did understand Dwight. Dwight came to me kissing me then hugged me saying " You young man are a handsome one ." Lightning shook his head up and down to him as I laughed, Dwight chuckled, Lightning chuckled. Dwight let me go then Lightning bowed to Dwight as I tilted my head Lightning tilted his as it was still bowed. Dwight softly said " This is amazing love, he feels our love, knows we belong to each other and shows respect, how amazing." Lightning rose up  then stepped up sniffing Dwight as he stood still letting Lightning check him out.

Dwight gently rubbed his nose saying " Do I pass your okay because I do love her and it seems I need your approval young man." Lightning took another sniff blowing Dwight's hair then shook his head up and down as Jacob said " Freaking amazing he has never approved of anyone touching him but Kandi, He likes you and approves sir." Dwight chuckled, Lightning chuckled and then we all chuckled as the dogs barked. Dwight walked around him, running his hands everywhere checking muscle tone all bones and when he got to his back Lightning  bowed down for easier access when I said " Maybe once just today would you let him ride you big guy?" Lightning nuzzled my chest once then shook his head  up and down as I laid my forehead on his whispering " Thank you" Lightning bowed down and I said" Mount up handsome, this is a one time offer, he will not do this again unless I allow it." Jacob slowly stepped behind me saying " Go for it sir, Lightning is  a very gentle but fast horse  and she's right he lets no one ride him but her, ever." Dwight kissed me asking " Your sure, he's your horse  beautiful." I nodded as Lightning nodded so Dwight chuckled and gently mounted up when Lightning bowed down. Lightning stood back up nuzzling me and I said " Now you be gentle with him, as he means alot to me." Dwight smiled and  Lightning shook his head up and down then I stepped back as Lightning turned and Dwight grabbed some withers.

Dwight gently said " Okay young man you take off as I don't think I need to kick your flanks do I?" Lightning shook his head side to side then started off slowly as Dwight adjusted to his stride, then bam Lightning  bolted down the lawn and  Jacob laughed as we all sat on the back steps. Rex smiled saying " Gorgeous animal Kandi, god he is so smart." I nodded and we talked about Lightning and then Brad told them more about Thunder. Jacob told me it was too bad  I couldn't  bred them and what amazing colts they would make and I thought about saying " Yea that could have worked  Jake, you have to come to Colorado with us, you'd love it there." He smiled rubbing my back saying " I was told by Jeff that when this is over I should probably take my two weeks vacation  so sure baby girl, now that cures the truck and trailer issue too. " Brad high fived him as I chuckled and Rex smiled.

Dwight and Lightning came trotting back to us then Lightning bowed down as Dwight dismounted saying " Nice gait, good form and a fantastic ride, Thank you Lightning."  He nuzzled me and then shook his head up and down  when he turned towards Dwight. I smiled then Dwight kissed me softly and lovingly  as Lightning stepped back allowing Dwight to hold me and he smiled against my lips saying " Still protective but understands, cool we will get on fine  beautiful." Lightning bumped Dwight in the back as I smiled against his lips and said " Yea don't push handsome." Dwight caressed my chin laughing then I placed my forehead against Lightning saying"  Now back in the corrals big guy, stay and behave, oh yea don't chase the dogs." He whinnied turned and jumped the four rails then  bunny hopped a couple of times so the dogs all stood and barked running to him as we all laughed heading in the house.

Jacob tilted his head to Dwight and Dwight chuckled" Okay cowboy you were right, he is truly amazing and now she has two horses that seem to be connected fully to her, now what was this about a scar on your ass?" I laughed grabbing a soda as Jacob retold the story and Brad was rolling on the floor before he finished it, Rex was laughing and Dwight looked at me when I shrugged. Jacob chuckled tossing a glass of water on Brad as we all laughed and then Rex looked  at me then the clock making me well aware  we had to go to the court house as I nodded and sighed. Brad went to change shirts, Jacob said he'd see us there then hugged me saying it will all work out, Dwight held out is hand for me and we grabbed our dusters as Brad made it to the door with us. We all walked out when I whistled for the dogs telling them to guard which made their whole body movements change, Sam and Cliff sat by the door as Beau and Max started patrolling the grounds. Dwight smiled at me then I locked the door patting the dogs on the head as they licked my hand,  we all loaded in Dwight's truck and headed down the drive way.

 The whole town had to know because cameras, reporters, picketers with signs saying  how Barry had a family  and then some saying rape is a crime, let Kandi go. I laid my head against Dwight's arm as we pulled into the back lot of the court house, Jeff and a few deputies came out to us. Jeff said " Here on out use this lot sir, this town is chaotic and the reporters can't harass her here." Dwight thanked him then he led us through the doors to a small room  off the court room I was to be seen in today. Rex was dressed in a very expensive Armani suit, looking all professional as I smirked and he smiled back saying " Never been here have you Kandi?" I shook my head no saying " Never in my life been in trouble sir" He nodded then told me not to speak unless a direct question, if unsure ask him whatever I felt I needed to, told Dwight and Brad they would be sitting behind me and of course Dwight knew how courts and this stuff worked. He held my hand rubbing my arms saying softly " Please relax and stay calm love, no one will hurt you, touch you or take you from me ever again okay?" I nodded then he kissed me and we walked into the court room, Rex placed his palm on my lower back leading me to the table, Dwight and Brad sat behind us, Jacob was lined up against the wall in uniform with Jeff, Leo and the female officer. Rex and I sat as  my palms started sweating, Rex gently took my hand smiling whispering " Relax miss, it's nerves I know, just think of something calming and stay honest and focus on good things no matter what you will hear, I believe in you okay?" I sighed and nodded as the Bailiff told us to rise.

 The court room was packed with town people and Judge Hardin stated firmly "  I will have no outbursts in my court room, this is an open court but be warned I will have you removed , fined or both since I will have no nonsense here" I looked right at him as  I remembered my dad in my head saying " Hold their gaze, don't flinched and show them no fear, its a battle for pride, honor and strength."  The court lady said " This is the case of the State versus Kandi Young, charge is murder in the first degree your honor." He nodded taking the file then turned to me  and Rex  saying " Will the defendant please rise." Rex and I both stood up then he finally took a good look at me, back to the file and back to me again. He looked at Rex asking " How do you plea counselor?" Rex firmly with a strong authoritative voice said " We plea not guilty your honor."

The court room buzzed as he nodded to us and we both sat back down  when he said " Plea so entered." he turned to a young guy at the other table and asked " Mr. Adams  as  Prosecuting attorney what is the state's stand?" The young guy stood, shuffling papers then cleared his throat saying softly  " Your honor the state  makes a motion for a continuance to look over all the evidence as it has been brought to my attention  that new evidence has come to light. " I looked at Rex as he patted my hand standing " Your honor, I have yet to receive any of the evidence and have not been informed of any new evidence, so I also make a motion for a continuance for fair and equal time for my case sir." Judge Hardin shook his head yes then said " Mr. Adams you will turn over to Mr Redmond copies of all papers, evidence new or old, and we will reconvene at one pm tomorrow ." He banged his gavel as I slightly jumped and Rex placed his hand on my shoulder gently smiling to me. Then Judge Hardin turned saying " I want to see both counsel in my chambers now." I titled my head when Rex leaned down whispering, "It's normal miss, I haven't been given any papers yet, legal term- I get full disclosure, and its the states duty to give me equal time to look everything over, its part of your rights for a fair trial,  if this goes to a jury trial" I nodded then he and the prosecuting attorney walked through the side door.  

I sat twiddling my thumbs, Brad and Dwight leaned over smiling to me as we softly talked and Dwight said " With you being a local  Kandi, finding any jurors in this town would be hard, we can hope this doesn't get to that point." I nodded to him as he gently held my hand then I turned seeing Jacob wink to me as I smiled back. Uncle Jeff smirked and the female officer chuckled then the judge and both lawyers re entered the side door making Brad and Dwight sit back as  I turned back facing front.  Judge Hardin sat back down and so did Rex and the prosecuting attorney.  Rex smirked at me and winked then the Judge cleared his throat saying " Ms. Young, please rise." So I stood up as did Rex and the other attorney then he continued  " After reviewing all the facts and evidence, your Attorney  and  Mr. Adams have agreed to a plea bargin, the charge  will be  lowered to involuntary manslaughter , now  that means this will not be a jury trial, do you understand with I have just stated to you?" I cleared my throat softly answering " Yes I do your honor." He nodded and asked " Do you accept your attorney's decision, as it will now be so noted,  and this is now a bench trial, where I make all the decisions?" I again answered " Yes I do your honor." He nodded again then stated " Then for the record have it duly noted, charges have been lowered to Involuntary manslaughter and we will reconvene tomorrow at one pm for both sides to present their cases in front of me before sentencing is handed out, this will be a closed court room  during those proceedings and Ms. Young will be allowed to testify on your own behalf, do you understand?" I answered " Yes I do your honor." Rex held his palm against my lower back as the judge nodded and gently this time, banged his gavel smiling at me as I sighed then he said " See you three tomorrow then, court adjourned."

Uncle Jeff, and Jacob walked over to us saying to hang for a bit and let the court house empty some as the press would eat me alive right now. Dwight shook Rex's hand as did Jeff and Jacob as I sat down placing my head in my hands and took deep long breathes. Dwight came around then he gently placed his hands on my shoulders as Jacob kneeled in front of me whispering " You did awesome baby girl, kinda remember your dad's word huh?" I leaned into him as he smiled and held me as I said " Yes Jake, wow this stuff is nerve racking, how do you guys sit and deal with the pressure all the time?" He chuckled saying " Different pressure when you're the good guy, not the one having no power or say in the future, that's what you feel baby girl, powerless, as the judge could  make your life hell with his final decision." I nodded as Rex patted my shoulder saying " Not while I'm alive with this young lady have her life destroyed sir."

Jacob kissed my forehead then Dwight helped me stand when I noticed Judge Hardin leaning in the doorway looking right at me so I nodded to him as he smiled nodding back. Rex turned then noticing and also nodded when the judge stood up walking our way I took a very deep slow breath whispering " Shit." Jacob stood up tall and proud, Jeff nodded to him as he stopped at the front of the table saying "This may be out of line, but since your attorney is  present I wanted to say Ms. Young, I was surprised when I saw the name, and finally dawned on me it was truly you Kandi, I want to give you my sincere  heart felt sympathy about the passing of your mom and dad, good, honest humble folks, also it is nice to see you again as it's been a long time miss,wish it was on a social level so we could catch up." I sighed and nodded softly saying " Thank you sir for the sympathy about my parents and the kind words sir, nice to see you again as I also wish it was for a different  reason."

He smiled to me as I smiled back  then he said " Off the record, I owe you a few many apologies  concerning  some bad judgements I made in haste, in the past concerning  you and Lily young lady, as I see you have become a beautiful lady like your mom and seem to have your dad's stubbornness huh?" I  chuckled nodding yes as he chuckled also then nodded to everyone saying " One tomorrow counselor, don't be late, I can't stand tardiness." Rex smirked nodding as Keith winked to me then turned and went back through the side door as I let out a long deep breath, making everyone chuckle at me. We all then filed out of the court room , Jacob said he would make sure the press was " Tied up" as Jeff nodded chuckling  and Jeff turned to me hugging me tight saying " So far so good bugs, stay strong, tough like ur old man and we will get through this together." I nodded yes against him as he kissed the top of my head then he smiled as Dwight held his hand out for me and I gently took it. Leo came around the corner laughing as he said" Um, Sheriff, Jacob said it is clear now for Ms. Young and friends to leave." Jeff raised an eye brow  as Leo was nodding towards the front doors so we all walked over seeing Jacob had blocked off the reporters vans and cars with the sheriff cars and trucks making a barricade. Jeff laughed saying " Well they are illegally parked, I'm okay with this, now you guys need to head out." Dwight chuckled shaking his hand then Rex, Dwight, Brad and I went out the back getting in the truck  and  all laughed as we past the choas now out front seeing Jacob wink at us.

We got back to the house and I laughed when the guys made sure the four dogs realized it was them as the dogs barked and growled when they stepped out so I said" At ease  boys." making all four dogs wags tails and then lick the hands of the guys.  I unlocked the front door as Dwight was on the phone when I heard he was really hiring a chef and a maid for the next two weeks and I chuckled  bumping Brad saying " I need to teach you to cook cowboy,  or else you will never leave home and poor Jeb will be stuck feeding you." He smirked saying" But mom I don't wanna leave home, I wanna stay home forever." Dwight walked by slapping his head smirking, still talking on the phone as Brad frowned rubbing his head while Rex and I laughed at him. Rex excused himself telling us he needed to do some work now that he has all the stuff from the prosecuting guy and I told him to use the office to the right of the living room. He smiled patting my shoulder and said as he passed " Looking up for here Kandi, first few steps are done, now it's all legal jargon and paper shuffling for me." I said thank you to him as he smiled answering " Any time miss, well hopefully never again, but you know what I mean." I laughed nodding as he smirked and then closed the office door behind him. Dwight came up hugging me then kissed me soundly as Brad said " Ew, not in front of me, yucky." I laughed against Dwight's lips as he smirked and reached over slapping Brad's head again.  Brad growled when Dwight raised an eye brow, Brad held his hands up saying " Yes sir, I'm so out of here, think I will check what's on TV."

Dwight took control as I melted into his body, he held me tightly against him kissing me like he never had before then we parted each taking a deep breath and he said" I love you Kandi, now  and forever, I'm relieved things are going good, we have a chef coming in  to start on lunch, and a maid for the cleaning ." I ran my finger across his lips, he moaned softly and I smiled answering" I love you with every breath Dwight, now if you could cook, it would save money." He chuckled gently slapping my ass as I laughed and  I went to get some juice from the fridge. Dwight told me he did need to make a few calls and I nodded telling him I needed to check emails and things when he grumbled ~ amazing still working while she has this over her head~  making me nod yes to him then I slapped his nice tight ass when he walked by me to the living room and he chuckled. After  I did everything I needed to on my laptop, I sat with Bard watching some sci'fi movie then when I yawned he chuckled saying" Ma'am go take a nap, this is hardest on you, physically and more emotionally, shoo " I smiled patting his arm and answered " Yea I guess I do feel a bit wiped, thanks cowboy, let Dwight know when he's done please?" Brad nodded yes then went back to watching the movie. As I walked past the living room he had his back turned still on the phone and his laptop so I quietly went upstairs, Max followed me and I smiled rubbing his head when he took the lead checking the house out.

I took off my boots then laid down on the bed, Max jumped up laying by me so I snuggled against him as he licked my hand and fell off into a soft sleep as I rubbed his chest with my hand. I must have slept  pretty deep because when I woke up in Max's placed laid Dwight softly snoring and my head was on his chest. I smiled and moved up kissing his cheek, then his nose as he softly moaned, so I chuckled and kissed his neck, licking his collarbone as he chuckled keeping his eyes closed. I smiled then kissed his lips softly brushing mine against his when he flipped me on the bed aand I smiled as he deepen the kiss  pressing all of his body gently against mine then broke this kiss saying" Hey you, slept well I see, not sure about Max taking my spot in the bed sexy." I gently caressed his face, he leaned into my hand looking in my eyes with love as I whispered " You were busy, I didn't want to bother you and he kinda made the decision but it did help  keep the nightmares away handsome." Dwight nodded then he kissed my neck as I softly moaned, he smiled against my skin, moving slowly placing small quick kisses across my shoulder when I smiled and brought his eyes to look into mine asking" Everything done for you today, because I could let you work, maybe ride Lightning  love so you have the time you need?" He shook his head no kissing my nose saying " I have everything done I need to today, so why don't we go meet the new chef, maybe sneak a taste how's that sound?" I nodded yes as he laughed then got up waiting for me to take his hand as I blushed. He smiled hugging me whispering " There's that beautiful color again Kandi, so sexy and alluring on your cheeks, now honestly, you okay?" I tighten my hands in his shirt saying " I'm  really good with you here like this Dwight, makes me feel safe and I feel happy in your hold and touch." He smiled kissing my head then we walked out the bedroom and down the stairs.

Dwight nodded to Brad who had a huge grin on his face as I raised an eye brow making him chuckle as he followed us to the kitchen. I heard voices, then stopped, tugging on Dwight's shirt asking " No, not possible, you didn't Dwight?" He nodded then we walked in as Jeb turned saying " Surprise  Kandi, now what would the lady of the house like for dinner, hmm?" I smiled as a few tears started falling, Jeb smiled coming to me whispering " Sshh, all is good okay, ranch is now on a skelton crew, Mr. Garnett had his private jet pick me up and here I am, all for you,,, aww  ssshh,, I missed you too Kandi." Jeb pulled me against him as I gently soaked his shirt choking out " Thank you Jeb, you are one of my best friends ever to do this, I missed you so much."  He chuckled nodding, answering " Yea, Dwight figured the more friends you had here the easier it will be for you,, sssh,, stop I need to cook here and now you have me soaking wet,, Love you Kandi, this is the least I can do okay, please sssh." He chuckled as I nodded while he rubbed my back, then I heard Alec saying " Okay what's all the  ruckus as I'm getting hungry here boss." I took a deep raspy breath then turned seeing him smiling softly to me opening his arms as I smiled and jumped in them. Everyone laughed as Alec held me so tight against him whispering, " Wild horses couldn't keep me away when he offered anyone that wanted to come could Kandi, we all miss and love you  my friend."  I nodded yes then looked into his eyes  tilting my head  as I tried to catch my breath, he smirked" I know that look, okay now, Hank, Carrie, and everyone else promised to hold down the fort, so don't even go off on me for abandoning the ranch missy, you mean more then it does to me." Dwight chuckled saying " Yep, here's the five Brad you win."

Alec laughed with Rex , Jacob and Jeb then Brad smirked as Dwight kissed me saying " He bet me you would ask Alec about the ranch even before you said the word hi to him." I slapped Brad's head as he frowned saying " Ouch boss, I can't help it, we all know you so well okay and now I have five bucks." I chuckled hugging Brad as he smiled and hugged me back then I looked at Alec saying " Hi cowboy, how I missed you too, thanks Alec for this, I know you could have done better things for the next two weeks." He growled at me holding my arms looking deep into my eyes and stated frimly " You stubborn, proud arrrghh, Kandi, get it through that beautiful head of yours, you mean so much to us, me, Jeb, Brad, well okay we all know why there, and everyone at the ranch." I laughed as Brad growled making everyone else laugh with us,then Alec pulled me into his chest placing his chin on my head saying " That ranch is you, you are it's life, you breathed life back into what it is today, I love you boss, and can't think of anywhere else I want to be but right here with you, and our friends okay?" I smiled hugging him tighter as he chuckled and let me go. I turned to Dwight as he nodded to me and I walked up kissing him with so much love he moaned, the guys all  growled and Jeb said" Hey you two, again in my kitchen, I think not, out, shoo all of you if you want to eat some time tonight." It was a mad dash to leave making me laugh and wink to Jeb as he chuckled winking back, Dwight laughed saying " Now that's some strong mojo Jeb." I laughed with them both then we all sat in the living room catching up on the ranch, Dwight and Rex telling Alec everything as Jeb leaned on the doorway listening to him.

Rex looked at Alec and snapped his fingers making all of us turn to him when he smiled saying " That's it, Alec, Kandi is breathing life into the ranch, oh yes  that's good son." Dwight patted his shoulder leaning in saying " Yep to much peanuts Redmond." He smirked elbowing Dwight in the ribs as I hid a chuckle and he said " Come on Dwight, see the hook here, Kandi is what keeps that place together, look at the people here, her employees, do anything for her, she is the  heart and soul of that place, no judge in his right mine would keep her here if he realized, one without her you as the owner will lose big financially, all these guys would probably all move to new jobs abandoning the ranch, and hell she asked about the place even before her concern about Alec being here." Rex smiled turning to Alec " Son would you be willing to testify to all that, what Kandi means to her employees, the ranch on the stand, if I need it?"  I shook my head no as Alec smiled saying " Yes sir, in less then a heart beat, anything for her."

Rex turned to Dwight tilting his head as Dwight sighed saying " You scheming conniving , yes I see the hook, and yes it would be making the state take a threat of a law suit from me on the financial loss, but Rex come on look at Kandi, she looks  pissed, so convince her, I'm out of this." They all laughed as he shook his head and I growled at  Rex shaking my head no very loud and clear what I thought. Jeb chirped up saying " I'll do it sir." Brad smirked saying " Yep add me too Rex." I  stood up growling with venom  " No, no way, no how guys, I don't want any  of you involved, having your name  dragged through this shit pile of a trial, no not happening, done, no arguing as I still sign the pay checks and god forbid Dwight goes against me here." I looked at Dwight as he raised his hands  surrendering, turned to Jeb as he  smirked then turned whistling back into the kitchen, Alec moved over by Brad as Brad chuckled and they both backed up against the wall, then Jacob as he shook his head  no and finally Rex who looked around saying " Are you men or mice here?"

Jacob chuckled softly saying " Be very careful sir, you have never seen this  woman pissed and I can tell you, right now you are walking a thin line Rex, remember, her dad, FBI,  Irish blood,  spit fire here, I'm staying out of this, I have been on the wrong side of her temper, it didn't end well for me that day  ." Jacob walked by me kissing my head saying " I think Lightning needs some company before Kandi has him stomp you into the ground." I nodded yes making Brad chuckle as he and Alec both said.  We'll join you Jacob, thanks for asking." He laughed nodding then they walked out. Dwight leaned in as I growled and he said" Well okay then,  I think I'll see ifJeb needs some help, good luck Redmond, you're gonna need it." Dwight gently squeezed my hand as I took a slow deep breath and he said " Please hear him out, then I will stand behind any decision you make love, okay?" I sighed yes as he kissed my cheek and went to the kitchen. Rex looked at me closely then took a deep breath saying " Hmm , okay Kandi I understand your point I do, let me just get my thoughts in line to best explain this to you alright, before you go off on me, wow now that is female power there by the way." I chuckled nodding yes as he  rubbed his hands together then got up and starting pacing as I sat down on the couch waiting. He turned to me openeing his mouth as I tilted my head then he closed it and sighed still pacing.

He sat down, took my hand gently as he and I looked into each others eyes, noticing Dwight leaning on the door frame  when he said " By law, most people with this charge against them have to stay within the jurisdiction of the court, that would mean you have no choice but to live here for  at least the next three years Kandi. I don't think you want that now do you, being here, not with your friends,  not being at the ranch in Colorado, not being in a place where you feel at home, where your heart trully desires to be, Dwight would have to go back and run the ranch, maybe have to hire someone else until you are allowed to leave here. Maybe even have to shut it down as all these people who adore you, love you, do anything in the world to help you, would leave because you aren't there for them. Now if I can prove beyond a shadow of doubt that you are the heart and soul of that ranch, the reason all these people work there and stay is because of you, prove how you ( as he touched  gently placing his hand on my heart) need to be there for your own  emotional needs, how  that place is what keeps you going, how much of a financial burden and lose Dwight will go through losing you as the manager, the heart and soul of why the business is what it is, then the court would more than likely let  you return to the ranch Kandi. I need Alec, maybe Jeb and Brad to be honest, on the stand, how they feel about you as an employer, boss, friend, so I propose to you, if this looks like Judge Hardin forces my hand on this  to keep you here, then allow me to do this,  okay?"

I sighed deeply as Dwight came in sitting by me waiting for any response from me,  Rex held my hand rubbing his thumb over it looking down saying " I really do understand where this puts you, you care for them so much, you don't want their names, honor, reputation  tainted Kandi, I know those thoughts, seen this all before, just give me the option if I'm forced into the corner, if it's the only way I can get you back home, back to what keeps you alive besides Dwight's love, you need to let me do my job, untie my hands Kandi please." I took another soft breath saying " You sir are one hell of a attorney, you make one hell of a case I give you that Rex and I have seen some of the best in action." He smirked nodding yes to me then looked up to me as I sighed continuing "  I  use to love this town, was home once, and Jake's here, he is about the only one left besides uncle Jeff that I have here Rex, I can't be stuck here, so if you feel backed into the invisible corner you mentioned, okay, but let me warn you here and now, if this  affects them  in their own lives including Dwight, then I would rather suffer living  here then ruin their futures, deal?" He  softly said " Deal Kandi, I promise you only if forced."

The three other guys peeked around the corner then Alec pushed Jacob in the room  as he chuckled and Alec said" Hey your like family, wait some animals still eat their family, sorry Jacob." I chuckled and Dwight smiled as they came in sitting down, Alec ran his hand over Rex nodding. Dwight chuckled, Rex smirked saying " Mice all of you,"  Rex patted my hand as he and I smiled then Jeb yelled " Come and get it cowboys, brave foolish lawyer and lovely lady."  I  laughed with them all as we got up heading to the dining room, Jeb set plates for us all, had the food on the table and I smiled taking a big whiff of the awesome aromas from the dining room. Jeb came to me saying " Taste for the boss before you all  ravish my hard work." I smiled as he placed the spoon to my lips and I moaned nodding hugging him when he chuckled and the guys all laughed at me. " You my friend are the best,  delicious Jeb thank you."

He smiled nodding to me then we all sat down and he joined us, when Dwight growled as Brad reached then pulled back quickly. I smirked as Dwight filled my plate, nodded and the guys then dug in. Rex raised an eye brow making Dwight say " Kandi is always served first Rex, because these cowboys may not leave enough after they dish up their plates."  Rex chuckled as Alec and Brad  shrugged then we all started enjoying  the home cooked meal of Jeb's awesome cooking skills. Brad nodded " Just like home, dang I missed this, thanks Jeb." He nodded as they all gave him compliments and Dwight gently held my hand smiling, leaning over saying " Family beautiful, that's what is around this table, our family." I smiled looking at them all and nodded whispering " Yea I can accept that handsome, strange bunch, but ours." making him laugh as Rex choked  his food with a chuckle. After dinner I said " Okay Jeb cooked so he does not ever do the dishes, any volunteers?" They looked at me and Jacob said " I'll help and take Alec with me since he was going to feed me to the pissed off boss of his." I smiled nodding, Jacob kissed my forehead and Alec shrugged saying " Hey you are like a brother, your odds were better than mine Jacob." Dwight, Rex and Jeb laughed as I raised an eye brow, Alec smirked picking up plates so I said " Okay Brad you help them out also, go, shoo ,get cowboys to the dishes." All three nodded yes and cleared the table as Dwight, Rex, Jeb and I headed for the den to relax, talk and catch up. I kissed Dwight telling them I had to feed the dogs and walked out the back door whistling, laughing as Lightning herded them all my way.

I walked back in the door, Jacob tossed me an apple as I smiled thanking him , he smirked with a nod then I feed the dogs, added water to the bowls and walked up to Lightning. As he ate the apple I laid my head against his and he sniffed softly, rubbing his cheek against mine.  He bowed down so I mounted up and he turned gently cantering  down the drive and then we had a nice easy ride along the fence line and he stopped by a tree, bowing down as I laughed and got down. I rubbed his neck, hugging him as he nickered and laid his head on my shoulder just letting me feel his warmth and devotion. When he figured I was calm he bowed down, I mounted and he cantered back to the back door. Dwight was leaning against it rubbing Beau's head then smiled to me saying " Guess he figured you need alone time huh?" I nodded as Lightning nickered, bowed to Dwight as Dwight bowed back then he turned going back to the corrals making Dwight laugh. " Yes my love he is coming back with us, you need him as much as he needs you now." Alec laughed saying " A clone of Thunder ma'am?" Jacob patted his back answering " Better I think, but imagine if she breeds them,  the off spring, man what a great colt and smart, hell I want the first one  baby girl, even pay you  for it." I chuckled saying " Jake, if I do breed Lightning with Thunder, if she will take to him, then deal, you get first foal as I owe you at least that  much."  I leaned my head against Dwight's chest, he kissed my cheek as we all walked back into the house.

The guys started shooting pool as I grabbed a book, Dwight opened his laptop and Rex still needed to go over the case papers before tomorrow. I glanced up just watching them all, smiled seeing my best wranglers, best friends, and my  brother, yes Jacob  in my eyes  is my brother now, as they all were bantering, joking and getting along. I turned noticing Dwight was watching me and blushed while he smiled and winked then went back to working on the laptop. After a few hours I started yawning and Jacob smiled when he said " Bedtime baby girl, you have another rough day tomorrow." I nodded as Dwight closed his laptop  and clasped Jacob's shoulder saying " Thanks son, she would sit there all night before saying she was tired." He nodded to Dwight and answered " Yep, I need to go also sir, have a good night, and see you all tomorrow, love ya baby girl." Jacob kissed my forehead as I snuggled into his chest whispering in a yawn " Love you to Jake." and the guys chuckled, he nodded against my head then ran a finger down my cheek nodding for the door.

Dwight brought all four dogs in then he said night to Jeb, Rex, Alec and Brad as he took my hand, the dogs and us walked up the staircase. Alec told us he would lock everything up and they might stay up a bit as Dwight nodded then saying "Thanks Alec, see you four in the morning, Jeb breakfast by nine if you don't mind. "  Jeb smiled replying " Sure thing boss, nine is good and hey I get to sleep in." as we all laughed then Dwight led us both to our bedroom.  We showered together, making love with each other then I curled up to Dwight as he wrapped me tightly against him , running his fingers gently through my hair causing me to drift off warm and happy. I woke up the next morning, turned and smiled as  Max was beside me on the right, Dwight on my left and he smirked whispering to me " Morning beautiful, yea Max heard you whimper in the night, and gently climbed in pressing you against me, good thing I don't roll at night huh?" I smiled kissing his chest nodding yes as he chuckled , Max raised his head, licked my cheek then jumped down and headed out the door. Dwight laughed as I blushed and he said " Well you have all the males whipped my love." I softly chuckled and replied "  Good thing as you men need a woman directing you all in life huh." He kissed my lips whispering " You know it sexy, I love having you direct me." as he raised his eye brow winking and I blushed while he laughed then got out of bed.

Alec and I did the dishes after breakfast, then we sat around talking, watching TV until it was time to go to court. We arrived in the back parking lot at twelve thirty, Jeff met us and led us in to the waiting room, then hugged me tightly saying " This week should fly by bugs, it's just all the testimonies and witnesses the Prosecutor  will call, then next week it will be your attorney's time then Judge Hardin makes his final  decision after that okay?" I nodded as Rex agreed with how Jeff explained it all saying " The state  will do more to prove Mr. Issac wasn't a bad man, just drunk and needing money okay, this isn't pick on Kandi time, I won't allow that to happen." I took a deep breath as he smiled patting my back then we all walked in the court room. Again, Jeff, Jacob and the female officer lined the wall in full dress uniforms, Jacob smiled as he winked to me and I smiled back. Rex and I took our seats at the table, Dwight, Brad, Alec and Jeb took seats right behind us, then I presume the state's witnesses were seated on the other side. Being a closed court room now, I sighed  in relief as only about twenty people were allowed in here now. Rex nodded whispering  " Next week I will have the people from the bar here as witnesses so the numbers won't vary much  each week." I nodded then the Judge came out, we all stood as the Bailiff said his  normal speech.

Judge Hardin  nodded to Rex and I , cleared his throat then said " Let us proceed, Mr. Adams." The guy nodded and gave his opening speech then started calling his witnesses. It was going pretty fast, Rex would object when the guy mentioned any of my past dealings with Barry back in high school or when he tried to say something subtly  trying to ruin my honor and name. After each witness testified an officer would escort them out of the room when I noticed Russell Jackson walking in and  I sighed whispering " Rex did you know he'd be here?" as I nodded to the door. Rex turned shaking his head no whispering " He isn't on the witness list, so I can stop his testimony if needed Kandi." I nodded  then turned back facing front. I did hear Jacob growl softly making me look at him as he watched Russell sit down, and as Jeff nudged his arm quickly.

After the last girl left the room Mr Adams said "As the state's last witness I call Russell Jackson to the stand."  Russel stood up, looked at me then walked forward as Rex stood up saying " I object your honor, Mr. Jackson is not on the state's witness list sir." Judge Hardin looked at some papers then asked " I see that Mr. Redmond, care to explain why I should allow this witness Mr. Adams?" He nodded stating " As we just served him papers your honor, he has been indisposed until now." I took a long deep breath, Rex placed his hand on my shoulder, Judge Hardin looked at me then at all of us saying " I will allow this witness but be warned, if Mr. Redmond has another objection I will have you  cease questioning and he will step down." Mr. Adams had him state his full name, occupation for the records then asked" How do you know the defendant Mr. Jackson?" Russ raised his eye brow saying " We grew up together, you're not from around here are you sir?" He shook his head now saying " Just answer the questions please." Russ smirked nodding yes then Mr. Adams asked " Tell the court what you know about a certain bounty being in place concerning  the defendant please."

Russ looked at me sighing " Well first sir, she has a name, second off, Kandi and I dated for a few months in high school, the bet turned into a bounty after high school, it started as a simple guy thing, innocent nothing more than that sir." he nodded telling Russ to  explain how it came about as Russ held my gaze saying " Me and a buddy were talking about how she turned down my advances, he joked saying he could get her to sleep with him when I bet him fifty bucks he couldn't, then I guess it progressed from there." Mr. Adams  nodded asking " Hey  we all were teens once, so  I'm sure like all high school girls she had her fair share of guys, what happened when she refused you Mr. Jackson?" Jacob cleared his throat, Rex stood up  saying " I object you honor, Mr. Adams is making assumptions without out basis as to  my clients prowess as a femle in high school." Judge Hardin said "Overruled counselor, the witnessed dated her, he would know , answer the question son." Russ  in anger said " Kandi wasn't the type to sleep around, you have her all wrong on that, her dad destroyed my radiator that night  when he unloaded his rifle into my front grill, hell it took me all summer to earn the money to fix it, he killed my truck Kandi." I chuckled, Judge Hardin smirked as did Jacob making Jeff cough and nudged his side.

Next Mr. Adams said " Your honor  I see I need to treat Mr. Jackson as a hostile witness and want it on record now." Rex  smirked and Judge Hardin agreed to have it so noted then Mr. Adams said " So from revenge then, you made the bet?" Russ stood up slamming his hands on the railing, loudly saying " Sir you ain't seen hostile yet from me, keeping pushing you will, no not from revenge, I cared alot for Kandi, still do even now, it was a simple high school male testosterone freaking bet, nothing more." Judge Hardin cleared his throat saying " Sit down Mr. Jackson." Russ frowned sitting back down scrapping his chair legs on the floor looking pissed as Rex and I  hid our chuckles and Mr. Adams took a deep sigh saying " I'm done with this witness your honor." Rex stood up asking " Mr. Jackson,  the bounty was still on going as the bank records show, why wasn't the funds ever paid out ?" Russ turned smirking " Because sir, Kandi never had a one night stand,  wasn't like the other girls, she dated one guy all through high school, all three years, the bet was  placed on the deal of a one night stand." Rex smiled saying " Thank you Mr. Jackson, I'm finished with this witness your honor."

Judge Hardin nodded and told Russ to step down, as Russ passed our table he whispered " I'm sorry Kandi, this wasn't suppose to happen." I nodded and gave him a soft smile as he nodded to Jacob then walked out the court room doors. Mr. Adams then said " The state rests your honor." while he went sitting down and looked a bit shaky, I'm sure Russ scared him a bit for a moment there. Judge Hardin nodded then looked down on his  bench top,  turned to me and Rex saying " We will reconvene on Friday at noon Mr. Redmond, at that time the floor is all yours for your witnesses, court is now adjourned." We all stood then he walked out the side door taking all the papers, I turned to Rex sighing " Well great Friday, that's in  two days, one week wasted sir." Rex patted my shoulders saying " Sorry Kandi, can't hurry justice here,  I will finish up Friday as you will be my last witness, then next week it's all up to the Judge on the date for your sentencing decision." 

We all walked out of the court room and I saw Russ the same time Jacob did, he rushed him growling " Jackson, this is all your fault, you put Kandi in this mess because she refused to have sex with you." Russ stood toe to toe with him growling back " Ah yell Hall, you should have just collected the money and then dated her afterwards."  Jacob placed his hand on his holster, Jeff, and the guys all stood there when I stepped in between them pushing them both back a few steps loudly saying " Okay you two hot headed jocks, loosen those freaking straps and take a breath here." Everyone looked at me, then all chuckled as Dwight leaned to Jeb asking "Straps?" Jeb laughed answering " Yes boss, jock straps,  good metaphor on her part." Russ and Jacob chuckled then I looked at them both saying " You both need to chill, get over it okay, Russ thank you for today, I  don't hold you responsible, hell it was seven years ago, Jake get your hand off that holster, as we all know it's a weak threat, now both of you bury the damn past, shake hands, hell you two use to be best buds." They both looked at me as I nodded making them sigh and shook hands. I patted both their backs smiling and said" Now you two  go sit, talk like you use to, damn it guys, you grew up together, at one time inseparable, get back that way now, because I will not have you at each others throats, seven years is long enough." Both nodded and said " yes ma'am." as I chuckled and they smirked then walked off sitting down apart but talking. I took a deep breath then let it out, Jeff chuckled hugging me saying " Bugs, it's about time, thank you for that." he nodded to the two as I smiled and nodded yes.

So the rest of us  hung out talking about what will happen Friday and what we should do with our next two days off. I mentioned the paintball place out of town getting Alec and Brad begging Dwight and I to go, so we all could release some tension making me laugh as Rex said' Why not,  sounds good to me." Jacob and Russ walked back up as Russ said " Kandi you can't  enter though you have to be the score card  keeper."  Jacob laughed nodding as Jeff asked why not when Russ said " Duh, crack shot Kandi here, always, right Jake,( He nodded) wins has an unfair advantage with her training and all." I laughed when Jacob nodded again smirking and said " Yep I agree, she has to stay out of it, keep score, sorry baby girl." I pouted as Dwight chuckled kissing my lips and I smiled against  his lips while they all chuckled at us. The guys decided we would go tomorrow afternoon, Russ agreed to join us and I finally agreed to watch, keeping score, telling them that they all owed me something fun now, tonight,  as each one nodded agreeing with me .

Russ said bye as he had to get to work at the garage just out of town, he looked at me before he walked away tilting his head saying " Don't feel any guilt Kandi, Barry has been  bad a lot lately, hell this isn't the first time he threatened to harm a woman in that way  in the past few years okay?" I sighed when he  actually hugged me as I leaned into him hearing him  against my head " Your pa would be proud of  how you have become such a beautiful woman, me too." I nodded yes against him then he kissed the top of my head smiling, shook Dwight's hand saying " Be kind to her, love her like no tomorrow and she will fulfill your every dream sir." Dwight smiled taking my hand saying " As a gentleman you have my word son, she is and always will be cherished and loved by me." Russ smiled then turned and walked out the front doors with a new spring in his step. Jacob chuckled then I slapped his chest making him ask " What the hell baby girl?" I stood toe to toe saying " You Jake are so mule headed sometimes, he was trying to make amends you stubborn ass." He hung his head sighing " I get it now okay baby girl, I am a man, protecting you was my first instinct, can't fault me there can you?" I sighed as all the guys around, everyone shook their heads no,  I laughed and said " Fine, god men, no wonder women have sex toys." They all busted out laughing as I blushed and Dwight chuckled holding me against him kissing my neck as I finally smirked.

Jacob said since tomorrow was the guys time, what's left of today we should all head to Riggins since the rodeo was still going on down there. I smiled nodding yes, Rex  told us he's never seen a live rodeo only on TV so that cemented it for us. Jeff laughed saying " Watch her then gentlemen, Kandi in Riggins at a rodeo, more cowboys in a small town." and he shivered when I genlty slapped his arm as they all chuckled at him. He gave Jacob the day off so we all headed out the back doors as I told Dwight how to get there, Jacob said he'd met us there as he had one thing to do and since it was just after noon we all agreed to eat in Riggins. Jacob grabbed Jeff whispering as they walked away making me raise an eye brow but shook it off figuring it was cop stuff. Forty minutes later we parked in front of the Whisket Butte bar on main, locked the truck as Brad locked the car and took a big sniff smelling the barbecue aroma in the air. I told them all about the town, history and that this is an annual event, big draw each summer for the town. We stopped by one of the vendors all ordering the rib sandwiches as Jacob then walked up and ordered his too. He had  a smile on his face, I knew he was up to something but he wouldn't break as I begged him, pleaded even pouted as he chuckled saying " Nope, adorbale but no baby girl, you will find out soon enough now let's get these cowboys and  city slicker here to the grounds okay." I laughed when Rex  smiled saying " Hey you tell me where the hell in New York City I could see a live rodeo, yes I'm proud to admit it I am a city boy."

We all laughed with him as we walked to the rodeo grounds, Dwight paid for all of our entry tickets and we grabbed seats in the bleachers, Jacob sat by Dwight, Jeb, Alec on one side of me and Rex by Jacob. The events still to go on were the bronc riding, bull riding, barrel racing and calf roping. Jacob was explaining different things to Rex as they came along, all my guys hooted and cheered, I laid my head on Dwight's shoulder as he smiled wrapping me in a gently hug saying" I'm happy to see that smile again beautiful, makes this day end so well for me." I leaned over kissing him whispering  " Me too sexy, This feels like home, makes me very happy with all of you here enjoying it with me." He smiled kissing my head then Jacob leaned  over in front of him and handed me a entrant number with two safety pins." I tilted my head to him as he smirked then nodded back behind us, so I turned as did Dwight, seeing Lightning with my old rodeo saddle on and  my lasso on over the horn,  as he  pawed the dirt. I whispered " Jake no way, I can't, I havent  practiced or even qualify for this year, hell these girls are half my age."  Jacob chuckled saying " Yea well they had an open slot, so... now it's yours come on baby girl, youre' a natural you never practiced before and Lightning can do this with his eyes closed, please for me, us, I love watching you do this stuff ." He made his lower lip quiver as I smirked and the sighed saying " Fine Jake, stop your pouting cowboy." Dwight  then asked " You're kidding here Jacob, you entered Kandi for barrels?" He nodded saying " And the calf roping event yes sir I did." as the announcer stated it was time for the barrell racing to start in five minutes and the final event was the calf roping.

 I stood up and turned, Jacob took the number pinning it to the back of my shirt, Alec, Brad, Jeb and Rex all watched as Dwight just watched us smiling and said " I see you two have done this before, good teamwork." I smiled as Jacob said " Every summer and fall for years, Kandi started doing rodeos at ten and stopped after we graduated so for eight years of her life I helped her, yes sir." Jacob hugged me saying  "  Stay tight baby girl, he knows what he should do." I nodded, kissed Dwight then walked down as Lightning nickered loud and I smiled at him. As I untied the reins from the trailer I laid my head against his whispering " Looks like we are in this again big guy, you ready?" He shook his head up and down then bowed so I mounted up, getting seated properly, he pranced and I chuckled as all the guys were watching us and seeing Lightning prancing is amazing I have to admit. I turned him to the entry gates and smiled at the other girls as they smiled back, then one asked" Whoa Kandi Young right?" I nodded and she shook my hand saying " Cool. I am honored ma'am, been awhile and hell I have your senior barrel rodeo poster on my wall." I chuckled saying " Yea well that was seven years ago ladies, I'm here for the fun okay, no intent of  making this a permanent thing, your standings are safe." They all laughed as they nodded to me as the announcer  started naming the first girl and she hyped her horse while he said all the facts about her and her horse. There was five in total so I made six and I had last spot which I preferred anways, gives me and Lightning a heads up of the time to beat. Lightning  was raring, as he shifted his feet , danced around a bit so I gently rubbed his neck making him quiet down as the others chuckled at me, One girl smiled saying " Lightning stills looks hard to beat Kandi, he's well known in this event, nice size for a mustang." I chuckled as he nickered and then she entered the arena as her horse hopped with excitement some.

"Time for us to show them what we have big guy." I softly said as the annoucer chuckled saying " Now as a special treat for all your rodeo fans, here fresh from Colorado one of our very own local gals, most of you will remember her, please welcome Kandi  Young  riding Lightning."   He pranced in the arena gate and I nodded  letting the timer guy know I was set seeing a standard clover leaf pattern set , then  I kicked his flanks as he bolted tight around barrel one down the arena around two and back down around  to three as I felt my leg barely brush the barrel  then headed back to go through the gates ending our time hearing the announcer say " Its a dead run back and her she comes folks, give her a huge round of applause for the new arena record of 15.020 making Kandi the winner, Kandi come on out here and show us that gorgeous mustang of yours, I can say I have missed  seeing him compete." I laughed seeing all the guys on their feet whistling, Dwight smiling and nodded to me, Alec bumping Rex as they all  were smiles. I led Lightning back out, he pranced in the gate as the announcer said " Long time Kandi and wow  have you grown into such a beautiful lady." I smiled taking my hat off and bowed, Lightning bowed and the crowd cheered loud as I smirked to him. He asked if I would mind  doing the razzle dazzle for the people here when I heard  the chanting start  " Kandi, Kandi" I chuckled as Lightning reared up waving his front hoofs to the crowd so I said " Sure Lyle, Lightning answered for me I see. " Lyle laughed and explained  what we were doing. Razzle dazzle is a local thing,  like horse  dancing of sorts, more of a stamina thing as I put Lightning through fast  long side steps to the right then to the left, he reared up walking half way across the arena on just his hind legs  after he dropped to all fours, we  spun right  three times, then left three times, I chuckled when we got done because he nickered loud then bowed as low as he could to the crowd as they all whistled and cheered for us.

Lyle came over the loud speaker saying " There ya have it folks, the razzle dazzle by Lightning and his beautiful rider Kandi Young,  show her  what you all thought here today." I chuckled as Lightning raced us around the arena as they all whistled and clapped, cheering then we went through the gates and he stopped fast by the trailer as I dismounted saying " Show off." He shook his head up and down making me smile rubbing his head as the girls came over congratulating us for the best score.  I wiped the dirt and sweat off my forehead when  Jacob came over laughing and hugged me saying " Now anytime you want to go pro circuit let me know baby girl, a new arena record huh, he loves this stuff you and I both know it." I chuckled rubbing Lightning head saying " Yes he does, he is a big ham thats what" Lightning shook his head up and down making us both laugh then heard   the announcement for riders for the calf roping. Jacob handed me my old lasso and piggin string, I checked it for splits or breaks, nodded the mounted back up as Jacob smiled at me saying " Old habits just jump right back up don't they?" he nodded to the lasso when I smirked softly saying " Yea Jake I guess they do, thank you for this, love you," He smiled patting my leg then Lightning, answering " My pleasure baby girl, love you too, now go." He slapped Lightning's ass and I nodded as we walked to the arena gates again.

In the last spot again Lightning watched the calves shooting out of the chutes, each and every one of them as he got antsy I rubbed his neck saying " Easy big guy you will get you turn."  I put on my gloves, placed the pigging string in my mouth and held the lasso  in my right hand  when Lyle said " Her she is again to thrill you all Kandi Young  riding Lightning." I led him in and we took our spot as he  blew out a breath , I nodded to the chute cowboy when he released the lock, Lightning bolted after the calf as I  circled  the lasso over my head and threw it catching the  neck perfectly. Lightning started back up keeping the rope tight against the saddle horn as I flipped the calf on his side and tied three legs throwing up my hands ending my time then mounted back up on Lightning as he walked forward giving slack making sure the calf stayed tied Lyle came over the loud speaker saying  seven  point two seconds nice job cowgirl.  I chuckled seeing all my guys whistling and cheering while Lightning pranced all the way back out the gates. They all came over hugging me and giving me high fives, I tilted my head to Dwight as he smiled wiping the sweat from my forehead saying " Kandi wow, ever think to go pro because you and Lightning have good enough times  for a real shot at it." Lightning nickered bowing to Dwight, he smiled rubbing Lightning's neck as I shook my head no saying " Once, along time ago handsome, not now, it's a young person's game, Lightning yea he could do it, not me I'm freaking tired just from these two today." They all chuckled and Alec nudged me saying " Yea well Jeb's cooking is what I blame it on, to much good food." Jeb bumped him laughing as I smirked nodding to Jeb.

Jacob unsaddled Lightning as I rubbed him down, Jacob put my saddle and things in the cab locking it then  I walked to the back and Lightning  kissed my cheek nickering softly, blew my hair as I smiled rubbing his cheeks then he loaded in the trailer and Jacob closed the door. Dwight laughed saying " Hell he loads himself without a fuss, yep I like him even more now." Lightning whinnied and Dwight rubbed his nose through the metal slats. We all walked back down to the main  street as I asked for a bottle of water, the guys all got a beer. I smiled as we entered the Whiskey Butte bar hearing cowboy music, chatter and seeing all kinds of cowboys and cowgirls dancing. Alec clapped Jacob saying " Now this is my kind of place my friend." Jacob chuckled and nodded as Brad and Alec started mingling with the gals in here. Dwight, Jeb, Rex,  Jacob and I grabbed an open table as I blew out a breath then laid my head on Dwight's shoulder. He smiled kissing my forehead as I blushed and we all talked about everything but nothing about the case. I turned hearing " You have to be a ghost, Jacob Hall and Kandi Young, nice, long time cowboy." I smiled as Connely Parrish walked up shaking Jacob's hand and nodded to me as I nodded back. Jacob made all the introductions, making sure he said Dwight was my fiance, clearing that up from the get go as Dwight chuckled and squeezed my hand as we had our hands on the table

Jeb stood up smiling and grabbed Rex saying " You my well mannered friend are going to learn how we cowboys party, come on and don't fight me here time to cowboy up." Rex chuckled standing up as I shrugged and Dwight laughed along with Jacob and Connely. Then we all heard " Okay either a mustang I know as Lightning ran away from home as he is outside or the infamous Kandi Young is in this bar." I looked out the front windows and sighed as Jacob busted out laughing, Dwight raised in eye brow making Jacob say" She forgot to tell him to stay, so  yes sir he will follow her wherever she goes." I slapped him grumbling  ~ men, even horses~ and stood up as Dwight and Jacob laughed, then  making  a dramatic bow when the bar erupted in chants " Kandi, Kandi." The bartender shouted "one round on the house in appreciation for our own local reigning rodeo queen Kandi Young folks."  I blushed winking at the bartender then walked outside to Lightning " You crazy lovable horse, go back to the trailer and stay there you hear me?"

He hung his head, whinnied softly  as Dwight, Jacob and a few others laughed at us. I pointed down the street as he slowly turned his head then looked at me shaking is head side to side. Everyone laughed more as I frowned saying " Lightning, why not?" He nuzzled  hard against me then Dwight came up rubbing his head whispering " He knows what you are going through love, he wants to stay close huh  big guy?" Lightning shook his head up and down as I sighed, Dwight hugged me  and Lightning put his forehead against my chest ,softly snorted. I  smiled saying  "Fine, don't  do your business on the street then okay, be a well behaved fella then you can stay here out front if you want , but you will go back to the trailer before dark so no one hits you please?" He shook his head up and down the crowd went awww as I blushed and Dwight chuckled patting his neck, Jacob handed me a sugar cube then I gave it to Lightning saying " Stay and behave." He nickered licking my cheek and more awws, then I turned bowing to them Lightning smiled bowing and they all laughed as we all walked back in the bar.  We all laughed and danced when the four others came back sitting down as Alec said " You do know Lightning is.. ah  heck yea you know."  We laughed and Jeb patted his shoulder saying " He may be a tad slow, but he's ours folks, it's the beers talking." Everyone laughed as Alec smiled and shrugged bumping Jeb's arm.

 I watched Lightning bow to me through the window before he turned and walked back down to the trailer as I took a deep breath, Dwight kissed my neck saying ' Good guy there beautiful, even he feels a need to watch over you." I nodded as I laid my chin on his shoulder then softly yawned making Dwight kiss my head and said " Jeb round up the strays, the lady here has had it, time to head home." Jeb nodded saying " Yes sir, right on it." and took off looking for all the guys. I sighed " Dwight it's okay I can stay, let them blow off steam." He shook his head no saying " Time to go sexy, and they all understand, plus it's paintball time tomorrow so they will need to rest up before I kick their butts in the game." I laughed and they all came drifting back then we all said night to everyone and headed to the trucks. Dwight chuckled seeing Lightning in the trailer and the latch was back in place as he nickered and I patted his neck saying' Yea big guy time to head home."

Since Dwight, Jacob and Rex all seemed sober, they drove us all home then Lightning unloaded himself nuzzled me once before heading for the corrals. Jacob dropped the trailer and parked beside it as I told him just to stay here tonight when Dwight laughed watching a very drunk Alec trying to help a more intoxicated Brad open the front door. Rex, Jeb  Jacob and I busted out laughing when Dwight said " Hey cowboys it would help if you unlocked the door first right?" I walked up unlocking it as these two stumbled in saying night then headed off to their rooms, I told Jacob the spare was second on the left, he smiled kissed my forehead, shook Dwight's hand then headed to his room. Jeb smiled telling us breakfast at eight, I went and let the dogs in while Dwight and Rex locked all the doors.After everyone was in, dogs fed and in the house, all locked Dwight walked up the stairs as I hung on his shirt tails yawning behind him and he chuckled all the way to our room. We got undressed then we snuggled in to each other and I was out like a light in no time. I remember him saying how much he loved me right before I fell asleep and said " Love you Dwight, every breath I take is  my love for you."

The guys has a blast the next day at the paint ball range,  they hunted each other as  I laughed all day, and yes Dwight was very good since he took out Jeb and Rex right off so they sat with me the first round. These men had so much male pride going on, would yell at one another if they suspected cheating, how you cheat in paintball still baffles me. We spent all day there and the guys only took a break for lunch as we ate burgers from a picnic basket that Jeb had brought along with us. Finally at five pm Dwight called a halt to the games and I tallied up the score cards for them. Dwight came out on top, then Jacob, as Alec was third, Brad, Jeb and Rex all tied with the last scores. I laughed at all of them, the had paint in their hair, some on the clothing as the vests didn't completely cover them all the way and I told them, everyone was showering, not to sit on any furniture until clean clothes were put on. After we got home, they all showered then Jeb started dinner and I went out to feed the four dogs, then loved on Lightning some and came back in the house. We had a very nice dinner, idle conversations then around ten we all headed to bed knowing that we had court Friday at noon.

Now waking up to Max licking my cheek at eight in the morning, and I smiled as Dwight  looked at me lovingly whispering " Today will be a good day my love, I just feel it ." I sighed whispering  " I hope  you are right handsome, I really want to go home, I love this house, but need to be back where I feel normal?" He  nodded softly kissing my lips and wrinkled his nose saying " I love you more than anything, but Max breath on your cheeks isn't what I want first thing each morning." I chuckled getting up and went to wash my face then Dwight came to me  kissing my lips softly nodding " Much better sexy, so let's get ready and see what Jeb has whipped up today." I smiled running my hands up his chest, he softly moaned as I smiled kissing his neck.  We both got dressed then went downstairs to the kitchen, Jacob was already here and as usual dressed in  full uniform, Jeb was softly whistling as he flitted around the kitchen, and I sat down when Jacob slid the local paper in front of me.

I read the headlines " Two young women come forward in the Young case stating that Barry Isaac also attempted to rape  them." Dwight tilted his head saying " This just gets deeper and deeper, Rex seen this Jacob?" He turned shaking his head no as Rex walked in asking " Seen what Dwight?" so I handed him the paper as he grinned then nodded to me saying  " I love when people do my job for me but I still get paid." We all chuckled then I asked " As I think about, sir what are you costing me for your services?" He looked at Dwight then back to me answering " You Kandi don't owe me a dime, Dwight and I worked out a deal." I growled as Jacob laughed and Dwight said " Now come on, Rex agreed to defend you and as payment he gets two free weeks at the ranch okay, I can handle that deal."

I shrugged saying " Yes sir as you own the place and technically my employer." Now Dwight growled " Back to sir, Kandi when you get upset with me it's always back to sir." I turned to him when Jacob grabbed me saying " Quit it baby girl, he's only looking out for the lady he loves, now deal with the fact he will always help you, I know you hate having help, tough, Dwight will be the exception now in your life." I blushed nodding yes as Dwight sighed " Okay beautiful, I get it, I won't make any decisions concerning you without talking it over with you first okay, I understand this fact as you need to have a  say in your life." I nodded against him as he rubbed his hands up and down my back apologizing for be insensitive to my needs, then Jeb called everyone for breakfast, of course giving me a taste first. 

After breakfast we all helped clean the kitchen, Jacob left for work and the guys all talked about yesterday making me smile as they accused Dwight of cheating to win. At eleven thirty we locked the house and Dwight, Rex and I loaded up in the truck and Brad drove the car with Alec and Jeb, heading in to town then pulled again into the back lot. Jeff smiled meeting us and led us to the same waiting room. He and Rex talked about the headlines in the paper and Jeff nodded that two girls did come in late last night making statements about Barry and how he attacked them about a year ago, each about a month apart. Jeff told Rex that Judge Hardin requested the statements first thing this morning so now he is possession of the papers. Then Jeff led us into the court room, we all took up our same spots, Jeff, Jacob and the female officer against the wall by Rex and I as usual and Mr. Adams seemed to be running late since he wasn't in the courtroom yet.

At noon exactly the Bailiff did his normal thing and Judge Hardin walked in as we all stood up then after he sat we all sat back down. Judge Hardin looked at the empty table then said " Bailiff any idea where our esteem Prosecutor may be as he is late for my court." he shook his head no answering " No your honor, he hasn't called in or left any messages sir." Judge Hardin growled then looked at Rex and I saying " Well counselor, I will give him five minutes, if he isn't sitting at that table by then, I will judge this in your favor and we will move right to the sentencing agreed?" Rex stood up stating " Agreed your honor." and sat back down patting my shoulder while we waited in a very quiet, only hearing the people breathing silent room. I sat back against the chair, rubbing my thumbs over my clasped hands and I started feeling anxious, getting more nervous as the minutes ticked by, making Rex softly place his hand over mine whispering " I know Kandi, this is killing you, just keep calm and patient, it's all any of us can do right now." I nodded taking a deep breath , when Judge Hardin looked at me with a soft smile nodding as I  shyly nodded back to him.

Still no Mr. Adams after five minutes as Judge Hardin looked at his watch on his wrist then said " Hmm well his time is up, would the defendant  please rise." Rex and I stood up and Judge Hardin continued " Now since the state can't seem to make any effort to be here today.." Then the court room door swung open making everyone turn and Mr. Adams rushed in saying " Sorry your honor I had.." Judge Hardin cut him off stating firmly " You sir have no viable reason to be late as this is your case not mine. You couldn't find the time to call leaving any message so Mr. Adams be quiet in my courtroom when I am speaking." He sighed and nodded then took his spot in front of the table.  Judge Hardin looked back to Rex and I saying" I see you have your witnesses in the court room today, but now they  are no longer needed sir  as I  request any written statements you have and these fine people can get back to their daily lives, officers please escort Mr. Redmond's witnesses out of the room."  Everyone here to help me stood except of course Dwight and the guys as the officers held open the doors and let them all leave the courtroom then closed the doors again.

Judge Hardin raised an eye brow seeing the guys still seated as Rex turned saying " Your honor, these gentlemen still seated may have some bearing on your decision concerning  the residency of where Ms. Young serves out the sentence you will make. I know what the normal is regarding where she lives, I request, ask for some leniency and ask  you to allow them to give some insight, clarification if needed on why where Ms. Young   resides affects more then just herself sir." He looked at me  long as we gazed into each others eyes as I never flinched or turned from his strong stare then he nodded saying " Out of the normal counselor but I will allow each one of the gentlemen to speak their peace before I do make a decision." Rex nodded and Judge Hardin looked at Mr. Adams stating " Mr.  Adams, this case is now over since the state has forced my hand, unless you have any objections on my final sentencing decisions, then I guess you also are free to go sir."

Mr. Adams sighed nodding and said " No your honor, the state has no objections on your sentencing decisions, we only request that Ms. Young gets no less then a three year probationary term to be served  in the state you choose sir." Judge Hardin nodded and then Mr. Adams picked up his briefcase, turned shaking Rex's hand and said to me " Good luck miss and it was nothing personal." I nodded saying " Thank you sir, I think." Everyone softly chuckled then looked at the judge as he smirked at all of us. After the officer closed the door behind him the Judge looked at me saying " Please sit Ms. Young, as of now, I need some input, facts and as your attorney put it, insight before my decision, which will be made Tuesday at one pm,when we will reconvene for final sentencing. Today  I will use this time to hear from you and your gentlemen what you want me to know before Tuesday." I nodded then Rex and I sat down as Judge Hardin took a deep breath saying " I will ask some questions , I want honest answers from you Ms. Young. " I said " Of course sir, honest is always what I give back for honest questions, sir." He chuckled nodding then turned to the court reporter saying " Harriet, thank you, and now you also may leave as your excellent services are no longer needed." She smiled thanking him, picked up her things and left the court room.

Judge Hardin looked at Jeff, Jacob and the female officer saying "  Jeff,  you and your offixers may also leave, I don't think Ms. Young is any threat to me." Jeff smirked saying " Your honor, I  would like to stay if you don't mind and I'm positive Deputy Hall would also sir." Keith looked at them both saying " Yes I figured as much since she is family, I'm fine with you two staying, but please find a seat, as you're even making me nervous standing there like statues." I chuckled then covered it as he chuckled  also looking at me then  the female officer nodded to me mouthing ~good luck~ as she left out the side door. Jacob pulled up a chair right next to me as Uncle Jeff sat  by Dwight as he slid over and they all leaned on the banister making Judge Hardin smiled at me saying "  Time to drop formalities down  a notch Kandi, if you are alright with me using your first name." I nodded saying " Yes sir, I'm fine with that." He smiled then said "  Okay, now by the posture of the men behind you I can presume you mean something to each one and as you tell me could they stand so I place name with a face?" I nodded answering " Yes sir, this is Dwight Garnett, my employer at the ranch in Colorado, this is Jeb Stiles,  dear friend and my chef at the ranch, this is Brad Walsh another dear friend and one of my wranglers at the ranch, this last scruffy who forgot to shave guy, is Alec Thomas, my best friend and one of my wranglers at the ranch, this of course you know is my ex high school boyfriend and  my  brother Jacob Hall, and then Uncle Jeff, sir." He looked at me saying " Now Kandi, you had an endearment for each man but Mr. Garnett, so  want to include anything?" I blushed clearing my throat as he chuckled and I said " Sir he is also my fiance now and full honesty, someone I can't bare to be away from, sir."

He chuckled saying " Let me take these one at a time , Mr. Garnett, please stand."  Dwight stood up and Keith said " Kandi does what at your ranch, and I want you to be forefront on  when the personal relationship started  sir as I noticed more than an employer/employee relationship between you the first day you walked in here. " I blushed  again when Keith smiled at me. Dwight stepped by Rex at the table saying" Sir ,Kandi is the Manager of my hundred acre lodge and guest ranch in Julesburg, Colorado, she is the heart and soul of that ranch, she has made  my property flourish by twenty percent each year, in the two short years since she took over. On the personal side of this, she had no idea who I was when I showed up at the ranch a month ago, treated me like any other guest, kindly, professionally and  made me feel welcome. After that first day, I knew I had to see if her "no business mixing with pleasure policy" would stand true, it did sir, she stayed true to her word and that's when I fell in love with her. Kandi is an amazing, loving, beautiful woman, strong, true and honest, puts so much into that ranch as if it is her own, that's why it's so successful now. I love her sir and like Kandi, I need  to be near her, to love her, cherish her and be the man she needs as she  has had heart ache to long now for these past two years."

I felt tears falling down my cheek as Keith smiled to me and Rex handed my the tissues when Dwight took some, wiping my tears then kissed my head and sat back down. Keith looked at Dwight saying " Thank you  sir, I do see the love between you  two and from Kandi's reaction I think that is the first time you have said it aloud for her." Dwight nodded as Keith smiled then said " Hmm so Jeb Stiles please stand." Jeb stood and he also stood by Rex clearing his throat then said " Sir, Kandi is as you know my boss at the ranch, I came to the ranch one month after Kandi became the manager,  the reason I am there is because I  had heard and read in a business magazine about what type of boss she would be from past employees interviews, I even turned down a triple digit salary offer to become her Chef at the ranch." I sighed and then growled at him as he chuckled " Yes sir, this will be the first time she hears that fact from me also."Keith laughed saying " I see Kandi, you and I will learn a lot of new things today." I stood saying " Yes sir, and in all honesty, they all know  what is coming after we leave here today." The guys all smirked when Keith smiled saying " Hmm well if she is the same as when she was a teen, my best to all of you when you leave today." Jacob  nodded saying " She may have grown sir, still same temperament." I went to slap his arm then stopped and turned toward Keith,  sighed and blushed  as he chuckled nodding and I sat back down.

Jeb continued " As Dwight said , Kandi breathed life back into  that ranch, the past managers used it, ran it into the ground because when I arrived,  the corrals, stables needed repaired, most  of  the wranglers all seemed harden and unfriendly, most of the staff  was acting lost unsure what to do, as one month passed with Kandi there, the repairs got done, the staff became friendlier and the wranglers actually started taking part in the ranch things along with their jobs all because Kandi treated them with respect, not talking down to them, pitching in and helping clean rooms, do laundry, even helped fix the stables, and corrals. Kandi has more than us counting on her sir, the whole staff begged the three of us to bring her home, and with your help I want to do just that, it's her home sir, not just a place, her heart belongs there, she is loved and needed there for the ranch to breath, live and grow, sir." Keith smiled and nodded then Jeb sat back down. Keith looked at me saying " Confession three, you ready Kandi?" I chuckled nodding then he smiled saying " Will Brad Walsh please stand."

Brad smiled standing, stood by Rex and said "Sir, I am one of the ten wranglers that work for Kandi at the ranch. I actually am one of three locals employed,  the seven others came to the ranch from different ranches all over the states. I have worked at the ranch for four years since my freshman year in high school, so I have first hand knowledge of at least the manager before Kandi and can  honestly say before she came to us, the  wranglers hated life and the job. The past manager treated us as nothing more then low cowboys not any good for anything more than taking care of the livestock, and horses, used us for her own needs and ran some good hand offs when she well tried  some blackmail for her own personal fantasies, sir. Kandi changed all of us more than in attitude, she treats us like family, like we matter, making our self esteem come back to where it should be, proud to be who we are and what we do, now for my part of this let it all go confessions day, I turned down a full ride four year college scholarship  just to stay on at the ranch, because in all honesty I feel I can learn more about the real world, how to treat people just by being around and watching Kandi,  I can always pick up college another year, I decided I wanted to be around Kandi as long as I could, sir."

My tears were now streaming down my cheeks as Keith looked at me sighing " Thank you son, I think Kandi needs a break here gentlemen, and I have to say so do I because I have never heard  so much compassion and tenderness concerning one individual in all my years on the bench. So with Alec  left,  her best friend so she stated ,this will be very hard, let's stop here for a few minutes as Kandi calms down." I nodded then leaned over on Jacob soaking his shirt as he said " Ssssh baby girl,, aww  please  slow down your breathing you are shaking here  Kandi." Jeff looked at me patting his lap, as I stood and crawled in his lap resting my head on his chest, Keith glanced to us now smiling and then  he talked to the bailiff, I know he listened to every word as Jeff said " Bugs  ssshh, surprised, yea me too, but you have always had this kind of affect on people in your life, now just calm down, catch your breath and you can kick all their butts when you get them home." I nodded against him, I heard Keith softly chuckle and saw Brad kneel at the table resting his chin on his arms when he leaned on the table."

I croaked out turning to him  " You young man will attend college in the fall, don't even  give me those puppy dog eyes, mister ,you understand?" He sighed and nodded " yes ma'am." I then looked at Dwight who was standing by Jacob with  a concern frown about my breathing , then raised his hands in a surrendering motion saying "  Love, I knew none of this, I swear on my love for you." I took a quick glance catching Keith smirk at me as I nodded turning to Rex as my breathing and tears were slowing down. He stepped back and the guys chuckled when he said "  Oh no, I know that look miss,  I'm only your attorney, they said  they wanted to speak their peace, didn't tell me what they'd say Kandi."  Now Keith busted out laughing and we all chuckled with him. I turned to Jeb as he looked down shuffling then to Alec saying " You two are the oldest, we will talk later, bank on it." They both nodded saying " Yes boss." Jeff rubbed my back as I took a huge deep breath then looked at Keith and nodded as he smiled nodding back then said " Okay, now let's get this finished up as we half some daylight left for butt kicking." The guys all sighed as I chuckled nodding yes to Keith and he chuckled continuing " Alec Thomas please stand."

I took another deep breath as Alec stood by Rex at the table and he looked at me then said" Sir, I  am one of the oldest wranglers at the ranch and have been working there for seven years now, I have seen every Manager, wrangler and employee come and go since Mr. Garnett  purchased the ranch.  I  will say, everything Brad mentioned about the treatment and esteem of the all employees and wranglers was at the all time lowest before Kandi came to the ranch, I personally was the only  wrangler who stuck it out after the last  manager tried to blackmail me by withholding wages unless I preformed sexual favors for her, so yes I lost wages because I wouldn't bow to her ways." Everyone looked at Alec as he hung his head in shame and I softly said " No, Alec, seriously?" He looked at Dwight then me nodding then looked back to Keith continuing  " Sir even  with all that, I stayed because I too heard about this young lady, from word of mouth as to her honest, kind ways so instead of quitting, I hung in there, broke, working for free waiting ,hoping that finally someone would help us. Kandi arrived like a breath of fresh air, I was the first to say hello and she surprised me when she refused to let me carry her stuff in for her. I remember her exact words to me like it was yesterday , she said to me no cowboy, we are equals, I may sign the paycheck but we will work shoulder to shoulder as equals no one above anyone while I can help it, her first words sir, made me feel human again, feel like a man again and every day since she treats all of us as equals, sure she will ream us if we screw up but then be our friend after her point is made as we discuss whatever happened. Now take a breath Kandi,  sir to stay with her, be close to a person I saw as a pure true example of how one day I would model myself  after, I turned down my father's partnership in his business in Wyoming, equal partnership, worth well  a hell of alot and he knew I needed the money is why he offered, like tossing a bone to a dog, so I refused him, now we no longer speak to each other.  He may be my blood sir, but Kandi is my family, please  with all that is good and pure allow her to come home, come back to us, to me  because personally I will be lost without Kandi around to keep me grounded and feeling like  a man, not just another name on a paycheck, sir."

Tears running again down my face, Alec came to me picking me up and holding me against him tightly as he said' You saved more than that ranch Kandi, I owe you my life, love you like  my own and will always believe in you no matter what the world throws your way,  I know and feel you do what you do from the heart not malice or meanness and always count me in to watch your back." I nodded against him as he rubbed my hair and my back softly whispering kind words to help slow down my tears and breathing. As I calmed down I turned to Keith and he cleared his throat, Alec let me go then pulled me on his lap as we sat down Alec wrapped his arms around me not letting go. Keith  then said " Thank you son , and I am sure admitting some of what you said took a lot of courage as a man to say openly, especially in front of both  employer and co workers."

Alec nodded yes and Keith continued. " Okay now Kandi, I know you would like to tell me your take on all this, in all truth if its as sincere as the gentlemen's and as deep from the heart then I think we should wait for next Tuesday. So court is adjourned for today, Tuesday at one we reconvene, I will listen to your statement as the last one and then finalize sentencing." We all stood when Keith stood  as he and I looked into each others eyes, then he softly smiled and nodded, walked down and out the side door as I took a few breaths. I looked at Dwight, he came to me as he gently pulled me against him and I whispered softly so only he could hear me " Please tell me you will repay Alec all wages love, if I have to beg I will." Dwight lifted my chin kissing my lips hard saying " Believe me love he will get the back pay and some extra for the suffering he endured." I crashed my lips against his and he moaned  as I took control licking his lip , he allowed me to taste him and we melted together.

Rex cleared his throat saying " A first for me, wow you people love deeply and are so devoted to each other, are you all for real?"  Jacob and the guys laughed as I smiled against Dwight's lips as Jeff said " Rex you just got a small taste of how this young lady affects everyones lives she touches, being doing it her whole life and the best part, its her nature to be this way, all pure nothing fake about how she thinks, feels, acts respects or loves another human being." Rex said without hesitation " Dwight if you screw up, I will marry Kandi for sure."  Everyone laughed then Dwight answered as he held my gaze with so much love " Never Redmond will I screw up that bad, I know  when I have the best thing in the world and that is Kandi." Jeff clapped his shoulder as he chuckled and we all walked out of the court room as I smiled feeling the sunlight on my cheeks. Jeb said " Let's get to the house as I have this strong need to whip up some fantastic French dip with hmm a custard pie for dessert."

I licked my lips moaning as he nodded and the guys chuckled at me. Jeff kissed my head as we said bye to him, he pushed Jacob towards us saying " Son you are no good to me when all you want to do is be with Kandi, go away." Jacob laughed then told us he'd be right behind us as we all loaded up and headed out of town to the house. We all parked as Lightning came gently trotting to the truck, Dwight laughed and I blushed then Lightning  pressed me against the truck nickering pinning me as I said "  I'm alright big guy, rough day but all in all, a lot wiser, a fuller heart and feeling the love okay." He shook his head then licked my hand turned and chased Beau,  as Beau barked and  jumped back, the game was on for them and the guys all laughed.

I unlocked the door and we and went into the living room, I pointed to Alec and Jeb to sit as they sighed nodding  yes to me. Jacob laughed when  Dwight nudged Rex and Brad saying. " Better high tail it for now, I know we are on the list still today, break while you can." I chuckled as I sat in front of Jeb and Alec tilting my head to them both waiting for whoever wanted to start. Jeb smiled then said " Okay let's have it boss, tell me what's crossing behind those beautiful green eye of yours right now." I smirked as Alec nudged him saying " Suck up." and I chuckled saying " You know I aways figured the food you served was a bit to upper class for a dude ranch Jeb, so tell me,  what you passed up to be slopping food for all of us." Alec laughed as Jeb growled " First off we don't slop our food and second, Kandi it's never about the money, not for me that is, it's about being happy in your workplace, liking who you work with, a fancy high class place is always got one jerk who thinks he above everyone else, I didn't want that, here I am okay, I love where I am, and you make this job enjoyable, amazing and fun, money means nothing if you hate your job right? "  I nodded yes and smiled saying " Figured the sloppin was much, had to see though, Jeb if I haven't said it lately, thank you for  hell everything, being a dear friend, doing your job with finesse and making the  most awesome meals for all of us." He smiled then stood kissed my head saying " Now have at him, he hid more than I did plus I have a lunch to slop out." we all three laughed as I squeezed his hand and he smiled then walked out.

Alec took a deep breath as I held his gaze then sat next to him, took his hand and gently ran my thumb over his hand  looking down feeling guilt whispering " Why didn't you tell me all this Alec?" he sighed as he lifted my eyes to his softly saying " Just for this reason now, I see the guilt Kandi, and it had nothing to even do with you. As much as I wanted to over the years, even  Hank prodding me because I had to tell someone about it and I did start to a few times, I knew this is how you would  react, knew you would take the guilt as your own all because some old bitty wanted to use me, who had no morals, who was eww  don't even go there on her looks." I softly chuckled as I looked in his eyes saying " Please as my best friend, for all the love we share , please promise never to hid anything again, if something bothers you, come tell me, no secrets okay?" He kissed my forehead whispering " Okay Kandi, no secrets and as my best friend do me one thing, don't feel guilty because of the past, I'm good now and it's all because of you  Kandi." Dwight cleared his throat and we both turned to him nodding to me saying " Love, could I speak with Alec for a bit?" I nodded then hugged Alec and kissed Dwight on my way out the door then headed to the kitchen resting my head on the counter looking at Jeb.

He smiled saying  " You have Dwight  paying him back wages don't you boss." I nodded and said" Doesn't cover the pain, emotional stuff, no amount can do that my friend, I just feel so freakin helpless, and also mad someone would use their position like that to anyone let alone a kind caring man like Alec." Jeb leaned over staring at me and sighed " Kandi  I see it in your eyes, it's called guilt you feel, someone hurt a person close to you and you feel guilty that you weren't there to stop it or help."  I nodded as he smiled saying " Gotta drop it and move on Kandi, it's best for Alec if you do because then he can heal more as you have already turned him around so far now, don't ruin what you already fixed or mended."  I sighed as he rubbed my back and went back to whistling making the sandwiches. I got up and walked outside playing with all four dogs then noticed Alec and Dwight casually walking towards me talking so when they got to where I was they both smiled.  Dwight gently kissed my lips saying " If it's all right with you boss lady, I promoted Alec  to the ranch foreman, increasing his salary, making him lead wrangler and responible for all  the cowboys,  tending the horses and livestock, any outside repair issues so on." I nodded answering with a smile " Yes,  I think that works well for the ranch and takes some of the pressure off me, thank you handsome."

The three of us walked in hearing Jeb shout it was now time to eat lunch and went into the kitchen as everyone came sitting at the breakfast bar. We all were undecided as what to do for the next four days, so we came up with heading to Lewiston  Saturday, that is an hour from here, spend some time there shopping or whatever, just a change in scenery would be nice for me and they all agreed. After lunch  Jacob, Brad, Alec and Jeb headed into town to look around, maybe have a few drinks as I refused not needing to place myself in a spot with all the drama. I called Ed and Steve updating them on the case and Ed told me all is good, three years probation, hell I wouldn't even notice it and he would have my record wiped clean after the time was up. Ed told me to keep the key when we left  for Colorado next week, they have guys come around to feed the dogs every day, and he said for me to choose one as a gift, and take him back with me as he knew I loved all of them. I told Dwight about taking one of the dogs back and he smiled telling me he was good with it since he also knew whichever one I chose would be a very good guard dog for me personally.

Dwight, Rex and I all did work on our laptops, I answered emails from Carrie giving her all the info, then went to log into the management company site and saw user unknown pop up. I turned to Dwight saying " Handsome, I think we have an issue, I can't log into the management account." He walked over smiling and answered ' Sorry love with all that's going on, I forgot to tell you I fired them, here let me fix this for you." I nodded as he deleted the short cut then went to a site listed as Young and Garnett Management ." making me raise an eye brow as he chuckled then knelt down caressing my cheek with his finger tips saying " I didn't ask you, I know, Kandi since we are a couple, soon  married and you my love, as my wife will have all access to anything of mine, if you use the power or not is up to you, I added your maiden name to my company info, and after we marry, we can leave it like this or change it to Garnett and Garnett Management." He made a short cut on the desk top, then waited for me to say anything as a reply to the new information. I softly said " You fired the management company, okay there but  you know I don't love you for the money, your trust in me is well  mind boggling handsome, you've only known me for two months." He sighed "  I love you,  you are to be my wife, if I can't trust the woman I love with my assets while she owns my heart already, then who can I trust huh?" I blushed as Rex chuckled nodding and I kissed Dwight firmly saying  "Okay, I get your point,  you know how I am about the money though,  thank you for the love, trust and just being so honest ." Dwight kissed my neck whispering " Actions, words yep the lesson sunk in  beautiful, now you have to change your password, right now its- my kandi ."

He stood back up brushing his lips briefly against mine then went back to his laptop as I laughed then logged in changing the password, scanned over all the information, taking in more facts about Dwight's money and assets that I didn't know until now. He allowed me to have access to everything, even all of his other properties information stats and as I looked them over he said   " Oh, yes if you see any discrepancies let me know, because I know your mad skills and you my love are a wiz with figures, your managing skills for making things run smoother  make me proud of you Kandi." I blushed nodding at him as he chuckled then winked turning back to his laptop as we all worked another hour then we  were watching a movie when we heard the guys come back all laughing as they walked in the front doors. Brad came right up hugging me as Alec and Jacob smiled too me, I raised an eye brow hugging Brad back, Jacob chuckled saying " He has finally realized just how good of a boss you are baby girl, as one of the bars we went to, well let's say the  lady running the place yelled  alot at her employees, jumping on them for every mistake, even when it was an accident." I shrugged and Brad said "   I swear, I will go to college, remember all you taught me on how to treat people,  then one day be a boss like you Kandi." I smiled softly telling him thanks, Jeb smirked then said he needed to go get dinner cooking and Jacob told us he was heading home as he needed to work at five in the morning.

The guys all shook hands and Jacob kissed my forehead whispering " The major opinion in town is  that you had no out baby girl,  a very small few disagree but the town is behind you on all of this, thought you'd like to know, love you, have fun these next few days and please relax and enjoy Kandi." I nodded against him, kissing his neck as he laughed then walked out and headed to his home. We had a great dinner, Brad fed the dogs as I went out making sure Lightning had grain and water, telling him night, then we locked up and  all went to bed agreeing to meet up at seven for breakfast. Dwight and  I snuggled in for the night, I took a deep breath, he chuckled as we kissed  explored and both nodded off to sleep warm, loved and happy.

Waking up to the alarm at six, I got up quietly letting Dwight sleep as I took my shower,smiled coming back out seeing Max laying by Dwight and Dwight having his hand on Max's head  scratching his ears. Dwight glanced my way smiling and said " Morning beautiful, so my turn now for a shower and you can let this guy out  since he thinks he needs to stay with us every night." I smiled saying " yes and I think he's going to love Colorado handsome." Dwight smirk saying " I thought as much, this one here hardly ever leaves your side why?" I rubbed his head saying. " As a pup he was the runt, I guess I favored him more, karma coming back around, He's the best one for this job, he took to it  well learning faster then the other three and does it head on, whole hearted end he never refuses to try anything he is told to do." Dwight nodded kissed my forehead and headed for the shower as I opened the door and Max licked me then went down stairs. After we both got dressed and packed both duffel bags for our weekend in Lewiston, we went down to the kitchen  watching Jeb cooking breakfast.

Dwight asked me if I would allow him to take care of getting all the things that are in my house packed up by movers, anything like the furniture, boxes anything I wanted he would have them box and move out of the house to a storage unit for me. I sighed softly saying " Yes handsome, I don't think I could got back in the house right now, so please do, have them box or move anything that is in tact or not broken, remember the attic too and  I will call Uncle Jeff  asking him to have a few local teens clean out the busted things, basically clean it back up, maybe get someone to fix it back up so I can put it back on the market again." He sighed hugging me whispering " You and Jacob still hold in your hearts all the memories beautiful, the house is just the place they happened, your heart will always hold them dear to you." I nodded yes as he kissed my neck and then he made the call as I called Uncle Jeff. Uncle Jeff said he would take care of it and have Jacob there to help with the movers and get it back in shape for me, as I thanked him Jeb placed a spoon in front of me smiling, I smirked tasting the delicious food and nodded to him as he chuckled and then I finished talking to Uncle Jeff and hung up.

When all the guys were sitting down I looked at Dwight asking " When this is all over, who is driving back and who is flying handsome?" They all looked at me as I chuckled and Dwight said " Well Rex has to fly, he needs to get back to New York, I am driving with you Kandi, remember I'm never leaving you again, so it's up to these  rowdy guys to decide." The guys all smiled  nodding to each other then they all looked at me as Alec said " Guess me, Brad and Jeb are driving back with you boss, we aren't leaving you either." I smiled then told Dwight we needed to change to room reservations that were booked for next Friday then and he chuckled as he made the call changing it all for next Friday, one room for him and I, then two rooms with two beds for these three and Jacob as he was coming with us bringing Lightning, at the Red Lion in Pocatello. I asked about the truck he rented when he looked at me saying " Well your car and Jacob's truck, we should have enough  room since there will be six of us now." I nodded and we ate breakfast then I did up the dishes as Jeb, Alec and Brad went to grab their bags for the weekend. Rex decided to stay here saying he needed  peace and quiet, away from the guys making me and Dwight nod as we laughed, Rex also said he had other cases to look over before he got back to New York.

Dwight would leave the truck if Rex needed it, I reminded him not to burn down the house, feed the dogs and I would have Jacob check on him as he laughed to me saying " Yes miss I think I can handle be alone, not like Brad there." We all laughed as the guys all piled in the back after we put our stuff in the trunk, Dwight held the passenger door for me kissing my lips as I smiled and got in then he got in the driver's side and we headed out as I gave him directions then called Jacob making sure he checked on Rex wile we were gone this weekend as Jacob chuckled saying he would check on him and feed Lightning. After an hour of Brad and Alec teasing Dwight acting like kids, whining and fooling around, Jeb just chuckled as Dwight would growl and I laughed all the way then said " Yep, our family, and to think going home, it's a eighteen hour trip handsome."  Dwight smiled replying " Yep and those two will be separated one with us, one with Jacob, fix their wagons I will."

I laughed more and the guys all chuckled then we pulled into the city limits of Lewiston and Dwight asked where we should go first, so I said probably a hotel to get our rooms then we all could figure it out." After we parked the car, all five of us walked into the "Guesthouse Inn & Suites" as Dwight smiled to the guy at the desk getting us four rooms as the desk clerk told us about the hot waffles, and biscuits and gravy for the complimentary breakfast. He had Dwight sign the reg cards as I tossed keys to Alec and Brad then handed Jeb his as they all chuckled and I told them to meet us back here when they had their stuff settled in. Dwight thanked the guy as he smiled saying " I know those aren't your kids, you both look too young, have a great time, if you need anything let me know sir." Dwight and I smiled then we headed off to find our room. After Dwight and I put our bags down he pulled me into him and soundly kissed me as I moaned against his lips. He smiled then we walked back to the lobby seeing all the guys and Alec came up telling us telling us there was a cowboy bar and restaurant just two blocks down, a lot of different shops and a livestock auction tomorrow if we were interested. Dwight chuckled saying" Already thinking ahead, good we can check out the auction cowboy, the ranch needs some  more cattle and maybe another horse for guest." I smiled leaning against him as Dwight rubbed my back, Brad and Jeb went to the doors as we followed them out.

Dwight told them to have fun, behave since they do represent our ranch and to meet up at the restaurant in two hours for dinner, Brad, Jeb and Alec all nodded then went  walking away, shoving, pushing and joking with each other as I chuckled and Dwight smirked at me. Dwight loved window shopping like I did, one of the things we learned about each other early on as we stopped and  talked about the awesome stuff we saw. When we waked up to an art gallery he smiled  as I pressed myself against the window then he led me inside as I smiled looking at the beautiful framed paintings, western decor and very nice furniture. Dwight stood behind me holding my back against him as we looked around and talked about the things in the store. When I caught sight of a gorgeous painting of a sunset with a man and a woman on horseback I smiled gently running my hand over the  frame when an older gentleman came up smiling and  said " You miss have nice taste and a good eye for art, that is a Michael Hadley painting." I nodded shyly answering " yes sir, I had a few of his work at one time, may I ask what you are selling this for?" He smiled to me as Dwight nodded to him and said " Just for you miss, today I think if you can find two more you like I will deal with you and say hmm,, $1500 for all three, but you have to find two more okay?" I smiled and replied " Deal sir, I think I can do just that for today." Dwight chuckled and kissed my neck then as I walked around looking at each painting while he and the gentleman talked to each other about western culture and heritage.

When I finished looking at them all, the kind man came to me as I said " Alright sir, the Michael Hadley there, the Charles M. Russell  right over there and the  Earl E. Heikka, yep I think those three will look nice in our lodge."  He laughed patting my shoulder saying " You miss have a very good eye and a deal is a deal, now  we do wrap them very carefully and can have them delivered to you or shipped so an address and payment then we are set." Dwight chuckled saying ' My  fiance has a  excellent taste, I agree beautiful they will look awesome in the lodge." I nodded smiling then Dwight handed the gentleman his credit card and gave him the address on where to ship them as the man said softly "You ,young man have got a lovely lady there, quite the catch and so kind, polite, you two look very good together if you don't mind me speaking out." Dwight turned as I chuckled then walked around and he smiled replying " Thank you for your kind words sir, yes she is  a rare beauty and I'm always honored that she chose me as her future husband, thank you again." I nodded thanking him as he smiled to me as we walked back out and headed towards the restaurant.

As Dwight kept his palm on my lower back, he opened the door to the restaurant and we both chuckled seeing Alec and Brad already had a beer in their hands, Jeb turned and nodded to us as we walked up to the hostess stand. Dwight slapped Alec on the head as he flirted with the poor girl making her blush and asked for a table for the five of us. She smiled to me and led us towards a nice booth by a window overlooking the river as Dwight waited for me to slide in the he sat by me, he told Brad to slide in, then asked Jeb to sit next, making Alec smirk as he took the chair on the end. I took a deep sigh, Dwight gently took my hand and the guys started telling us what all they did and saw on their wandering  of the streets. Dwight chuckled as Jeb mentioned he felt like he was baby sitting with these two as Brad and Alec laughed at him nodding yes. I looked at Alec catching his gaze and he winked as I smiled back to him. I laid my chin on Dwight's shoulder, He smiled kissing my forehead then we ordered our drinks as Brad and Alec each got another beer. Jeb smiled saying " You ma'am look very content and happy, I do like seeing that smile back ." I nodded answering " I am Jeb, very happy, having you three around, my love with me and oh wait till you see the paintings we got for the lodge." Dwight chuckled saying " You picked them beautiful, they will look right at home in the lobby, maybe one in your office I think."

We all got some type of Angus steak dinner with the works, and I just enjoyed being with my close friends and feeling Dwight's love as he stayed attentive of me and my needs all night. Alec asked Dwight if he could share me when a line dance song came on making Dwight chuckle sliding out as Alec gently took my hand and led us to the dance floor. Alec is an excellent dancer and we both laughed having fun as we lined dance, then as the song ended he place his hand on my lower back leading us back to the table, nodded to Dwight thanking him when he stood letting me back in the seat.  A cute young girl came over asking Brad for a dance so he smiled and agreed, Jeb slid out then sat back down as Alec chuckled saying " The pup has finally learned, thank you boss for making him grow up." I blushed as the three laughed and I said " He just needs a woman's touch for grooming, living with all you ruffians just didn't cut it cowboy." Dwight smirked nodding yes agreeing as Jeb and Alec chuckled more. Dwight and I got up as he asked me to dance and I agreed, the three guys also got up finding a partner for dancing. Dwight pulled me close as the slow song played, kissing me then I laid my head on his chest as he gently put his chin on my head saying" I love you Kandi so much, you make me feel alive again." I kissed his neck whispering " I love you  also Dwight as you help me heal and be able to open my heart again." He kissed  my cheek and when the song ended he kissed my lips with deep passion, love and warmth saying " Thank you for allowing me in your heart love." then he gently led us back and we sat down watching the guys dancing on the floor.

The waiter picked up all the dishes after we had finished eating, Dwight and I chatted with  Jeb about anything and everything, Jeb mentioned to Dwight he could use a few new things for the kitchen, Dwight nodded telling him whatever he thought best, just let him or me know and we'd make sure he had what he needed to make things better and easier on him. Jeb smiled saying " You know sir, no disrespect here but aren't most owners normally  the stuffy tightwads?" I held a chuckle, but they both heard me and smirked as Dwight turned to Jeb saying " Most are son, Kandi here showed me to live life, enjoy every moment because of what she is now going through, I learned to love deeply, fully and make each minute count, money hel,l anyone can make it, have it and never enjoy true happiness, I found my happiness with her, she also changed me like all of you."

I blushed and a lone happy tear fell as Dwight smiled kissing me while Jeb smiled saying " Yea she touched us all for the better sir." Dwight told the guys it was time to head out as we had an early wake up to make the auction, Brad kissed the cheek of the cute girl as she blushed, Alec nudged him when we all walked out the door saying " Cowboy now that right there makes me proud to know you Brad, a gentleman at your age." He blushed looking at me saying to Alec " Treat people kindly and respect the ladies Alec, learned from the best." I nodded to him as he smiled, Alec winked to Dwight and I , Jeb wrapped his arm over Brad's shoulder saying " Someday young man you will make a fine husband." He blushed again as we all chuckled and he elbowed Jeb in the side as Jeb and Alec chased Brad back to the hotel laughing. we all said goodnight then Dwight held our room door open for me, we changed and he locked the door then both laid down, snuggling against each other , saying how we loved each other and both fell off to sleep happy and content.

Waking to a six am alarm, Dwight growled as I chuckled getting up then I showered, walked out as he smiled kissing me on his way by. I changed into another new shirt Dwight bought me, a nice silky dark blue western shirt, black jeans, my boots and my black Stetson, then he came out looking oh so sexy, water slightly dripping from his hair and he shook his head no as I moaned saying " Make me that offer later love, we really have to get going." I pouted, he chuckled licking my lips then kissed me and got dressed in his black western shirt, dark jeans, boots and grabbed both our dusters. He locked the door as we walked to the free breakfast by the lobby and I laughed seeing Brad as normal, plate piled with eggs and sausage as he smirked nodding to us as we sat down. Jeb set a plate of eggs and sausage in front of us both and we thanked him, Alec strolled in scruffy as I raised an eye brow he sighed " Ah come on boss, this is a vacation remember?"

Dwight laughed as I gently slapped his arm saying " Don't coax him handsome, Alec  a vacation does not mean slacking on personal hygiene got it cowboy?" He sighed and nodded answering " Yes ma'am." and got a plate of biscuits and gravy. Dwight got directions from the lady at the desk where to go for the auction, the we all got in the car an headed to the rodeo grounds for the livestock auction. When we parked, the three guys said they look around, Alec asked Dwight if there was any one thing he needed to watch for and Dwight gave him a quick lesson on picking good cattle as Jeb, Brad and I smiled watching  Alec nodded each time he understood the tricks, what to look for and when not to bid on any with certain flaws. I told Dwight that Jeb, Brad and I would look over the horses, he smiled then told Brad " Stay with her cowboy." Brad nodded answering " Yes sir, I will take care of her ." and we waked towards the holding pens for the horses as they both asked me how I knew about horses. I explained that with all my years living  here I grew up knowing horses, what to look for in form, how to judge good stock from bad.

They both started chuckling as I turned they nodded to the stalls and I saw about five horses slowly following us as I chuckled. Jeb leaned over saying " Yep they know who they want to go home with too I see." I laughed with Brad as I stopped then climbed over the fence and they walked up to me. I checked each one out when we heard " Be careful ma'am, some of those are bucking stock." I turned smiling and nodded to a cowboy  now leaning on the fence saying " They don't seem to know that I think cowboy, all gentle as a lamb." He chuckled saying " With you it seems, they weren't that gentle when they were brought in today." I slowly walked away glancing back to watch as three seemed to just follow me step for step and the cowboy chuckled when Brad stepped on the bottom rail saying " She does have the touch sir, all animals just seem to like her." He nodded as Jeb and Brad smiled while I stopped then slowly took off my hat and knelt down in front of them, only one knelt down as the other two stood still making me chuckle and raised back up so did the dark black gelding. Now Dwight and Brad were watching as I patted his neck asking " He got a name cowboy?" The guys nodded saying " Registered as Odin, he is a three year old quaterhorse gelding ma'am." I chuckled saying " Yep knew the gelding part cowboy, who brought him in, he looks like prime stock."  He looked at the clip board saying " A family, can't take care of him, so put him up for auction, he's never been broke ma'am."

I nodded looking at Dwight, he chuckled nodding then I gently walked around him softly saying " Well  Odin, how about letting me check you out huh young man?" He nickered to me and snorted blowing my hair as I chuckled, the guys chuckled and the cowboy raised an eye brow. Dwight said " I think cowboy you will see something that's very rare in our world." He looked to Dwight then back to me as I ran my hands down him, down his chest as he shivered his skin and I gently said " Easy young man, I need to make sure your a one okay?" He shook his head, the cowboy  chuckled asking " A horse whisperer, no way, heard about them ,never saw one." The guys all chuckled and I got back around saying "Think I could get on your back handsome?" Odin nicker and I gently jumped up laying across his back when the cowboy said" Ma'am, remember never been broke, never ridden?" I nodded saying " Yep heard ya cowboy, he doesn't  seem to care though does he now?" Dwight softly said " Kandi careful please this young guy doesn't know you like yours do?" I nodded then climbed up more laying  my full weight on him as he stood still and whinnied then I sat up rubbing his neck saying" Good boy, you know I won't hurt you, Alec you happen to have a cube?" He nodded and tossed a sugar cube to me as I caught it and gave it to Odin. " Here ya go young man,, you're so handsome."

Odin started walking to Alec, sure he knew who had the cubes as I smiled still on his back when the guys  chuckled and I softly said " Yep you know where the sweet came from huh big guy?" Odin shook his head and Alec smiled handing him another when we got to the railing then I slipped down and turned to Dwight. Dwight chuckled ' Okay love, I see we are bidding on a horse today also with some cattle." I smiled nodding yes, Odin shook his head up and down, the guys all laughed as the cowboy said ' Freaking amazing ma'am, he's never been broke and you just jump up , he allows you to ride him, wow." Dwight claps his shoulder saying " Yea cowboy, she has that affect on human men too." I blushed as all five guys laughed looking at me, Dwight winked to me as he helped me over the railing, Odin whinnied so I turned softly saying " Behave boy, then you will come with us today okay?" He nickered running the fence line following us as we walked to the arena and Dwight asked what number Odin was in the bidding line up then the cowboy tipped his hat to me saying" Thank you ma'am for the show, have an awesome day." I nodded and thanked him as we sat down and waited.

Alec sat nexted to dwight as they talked about the cattle they saw, discussed which ones  to pass on, which ones could be good stock and the auction started with the rodeo stock first. Brad, Jeb and I went to the snack stand getting drinks and some snacks, I handed Dwight and alec their drinks and smiled as they talked shop. The cowboy in the arena used a whip on the  bucking horses making me cringe and turn into dwight's shoulder as he sighed rubbing my back, all the guys looked at him so he said"  I think  she can't handle seeing any animal be treated creully, I guess we all are numb to this seeing it all the time, Kandi well takes the aniamls feelings to heart not seeing  the whip as a means of  control." I nodded yes and flinched when I heard the crack of the whip again. Dwight wrapped his arm around me saying " if this gets to bad love, take Brad and go wait outside until they get to the cattle and horses okay?" I sighed whispering " I think I will handsome."  Dwight nodded to Brad as he smiled and Brad gently took my hand as we stood up walking to the arean door. I heard a horse whinny loud then as I turned it had jumped the arena fence heading right for me as the ring cowboy was shouting runaway. Brad turned as I stepped in front holding my palms out when the bronc stopped in front of me, all eyes in the arena turned watching as I rubbed his nose.

I grabbed the halter sighing " Looks like you and I are causing a scene boy, come on." I turned the bronc and started walking back to the arena gate, a cowboy opened it as I walked in, the horse just followed nuzzling me asI chuckled, the guy with the whip looked stunned at me. I turned to the bronc rubbing his nose and said loudly " I know rodeos have to have broncs, bulls for riding, but maybe, just maybe someday we all can learn which animal has comon sense and which is fit as a bronc, this guy here seems to want to retire dont you?" The bronc shook his head up and down, the crowd  was quiet and a hush fell. Someone in the back yelled ' Are you Kandi Young miss?" I put my hand up to cover my eyes from the light, somone lowered it and I then removed my hand saying " Yes my name is Kandi Young, may I know who has asked, seems you know me?"  A guy walked dwon to the front saying " Personally no miss, word about you over the last seven years on how you are a true horse whispere seems true." I sighed and said " You all have a name for this, I call it having insight, these aren't just aniamals, they have a heart, soul, feelings, not much different then we are now are they, they love their babies, protect there own herds have common  horse sense." Everyone laughed when one person shouted " Prove it, show us this horse has sense, if you do that then I will buy him, and use him as a stud only."

I shrugged saying " I have your word there cowboy, no whips, goodgrazing, well taken care of?" The older guy walked down and I smiled to him as he said " My word miss, show me he is different, you have my word." I looked around and then saw Dwight smile at me so I said" You sir will own a stud." I stepped back and looked at him asking " You got a name I am sure." The arena guy growled " Avenger" I nodded "okay  Avenger it is then huh big guy?" The bronc nickered to me as I smiled and said "Stand still so I can give you a happy home big guy. " I walked up then rubbed my hands down his chest, walked all the way around him and jumped on his back as he didn't budge. I heard a few comments and said " This guy, a bucking bronc huh, he allows me to sit here not bucking, now you want to see intelligence so be it." I  took the whip from the guy and turned as Avenger started pawing the ground tossing his head frantically, then I placed it in my palm towards him, he nibbled it off my palm and snapped it in half as he shook his head. I smiled rubbing his nose as he nickered and snorted softly blowing my hair out as the crowd chuckled. I said " So big guy how old are you? He pawed the ground three times and stopped, the crowd all gasped, I asked " do you want to be a bronc young man?" when he shook his head side to side. The older cowboy raised his eye brow then I said " Would you like a nice home, good grass and lots of fillies?" Avenger nickered shaking his head up and down. I looked at the guy as said" Seen enough or do I have to make this smart loving animal do freaking circus tricks for you?" The cowboy stepped in slowly as I rubbed my hand down Avenger's nose and he joined me whispering " I knew your dad Kandi, he had the same gift, thank you for showing me all this since your dad only did this when he felt the need to save an animals life." I raised an eye brow as he chuckled, Avenger nudged him and I smiled " You better give him that sugar cube in your pocket sir before he rips it out." He laughed, reached in and gave the cube to Avenger then I kissed his nose, The guy nodded and I walked out the gate, clapping, whistling from the crowd and I turned bowing, Avenger bowed to me as I smirked at the old cowboy as he smirked back to me.

Brad and I walked out the arena doors when I took a deep breath he nudged me saying " How boss?" I shrugged answering " They come to me cowboy, that's horse sense, I think they just feel me, know I understand them and then bam, like that they head right for me every time, honestly in can get weird." Jeb came out to get us when the bulls and bronc bidding was over, we all went back in and I leaned on the railing with the guys as we watched the cattle being herded in by dogs, no whips making me and Dwight both laugh. Dwight leaned to me saying " I think you taught some old cowboys to learn to change with the times love." I kissed him saying " I hope so handsome, no animal deserves to be beat exception maybe Alec now and then." He chuckled saying " Hey now boss. I am learning too, give me a break okay?" we all laughed and I listened as he and Dwight talked, bid and won a few good looking beef cattle. We watched the horses next, each one came to me sniffing ant Dwight smiled saying " No love we can't buy them all okay, I know you wish to save them all, just not possible today." I sighed nodding yes as he pulled me against his chest kissing my neck " Wish I could have met you so much sooner, love you beautiful." I kissed his hand replying " Love you to sexy, I know I can't save them all, just the best for us okay?" He chuckled against my head nodding yes. They led Odin in, and he bolted right for me as we all laughed and I rubbed his nose as Dwight kept bidding on him. A little girl walked up and rubbed his nose as I knelt down saying" Was he ours little one?" She shyly nodded saying" Yes miss, we can't afford him, some day though  I will grow up and be like you loving them for who they are not what they are." I smiled and hugged her whispering " You are very smart, I believe you will little one, be kind with them, love them and they do it back for you." She nodded hugging me one more time when her dad came up and I smiled. Dwight turned asking " Sir could I ask, what did you need to get out of him today?" The father sighed  " I am hoping for 1500 sir, but whatever he brings will help."

Dwight turned stating firmly " 1500" as I smiled and the father looked at Dwight then nodded saying" Thank you kind sir, and miss that was awe inspiring what you did for that horse." I blushed as the guys all chuckled saying thank you. Dwight was final bid, the father and Dwight shook hands then he took the little girl walking to the doors as she turned waving to us, Odin shook his head up an down and I bowed to her, Odin then bowed and she giggled to us. Dwight laughed rubbing Odin's head, the arena cowboy came up and I placed a hand on his arm stating" Be kind cowboy, just tell him what you are doing, he will listen okay?" He nodded saying " Yes miss I believe he will." and he smirked telling Odin to come along. I whispered " You be good, do what he says okay young man?" He  nickered licked my hand and trotted after ,then followed the cowboy out the doors.Jeb shook his head saying " Well next thing she's going to be having them eat in my dining room." I tilted my head as the all laughed, Jeb said " No, boss ah come on it was a joke, please?" I laughed patting his chest saying " Yea your good food would just make them lazy like Hank." And we all laughed as we waked out the arena to the car, Dwight mentioned he found a company to take the cattle and Odin to the ranch, they would all be delivered on Tuesday to the ranch.

We headed back into town and Dwight parked back at the hotel then we all got out and the guys decided we should go bowling so Dwight asked the front desk for directions and we all got back in the car heading to the "Orchard Bowl" on Thain Rd. After Dwight parked we got out and the guys started bantering telling Dwight they would now get even from the paint balling day. I laughed with Jeb as we got our shoes and score card then we picked a lane  when I went looking for a 12  ball as the guys all got heavier ones. Neon green, I chuckled and took it back with me as they all chuckled so I said " Could be a lucky color cowboys, wait and see before you write me off here." We all ordered burgers and fries with drinks, bowled as I laughed all night watching them make noises so Dwight would mess up his throw. In the end Jeb won with a 265, Dwight with a 242 and I came in third with a 222 as Alec and Brad played around more instead of really concentrating.  After we got back to the hotel Dwight told them all we were heading back after breakfast and reminded Alec to shave this time making us chuckle as he smirked nodding yes to him.

Dwight and I made love a few times then both content and well spent fell of into a blissful sleep as I laid my head on is chest listening to his heart beat and breathing. The next morning he got up before the alarm, and woke me as he came out shaking his wet hair all over me laughing as I tried to slap him away chuckling. We finally got dressed, packed up and met the guys at breakfast. Dwight stopped at the desk paying for the rooms had us all checked out and I had his breakfast waiting when he came in smiling at me then winked. We cleaned up our trash got in the car and drove back to Grangeville then after we got home, unpacked and I made sure Rex hadn't burnt down the house I went out to love on Lightning some as Alec followed me out. He and I talked about what we both thought would happen Tuesday then I asked him to call Carrie to let her know about Odin and the cattle be delivered as he nodded to me.

The rest of Monday we  swam in the indoor pool, lazed around, talked to Rex and got his take on what could happen tomorrow then Jeb cooked lasagna for dinner and another day down, now Tuesday's sentencing and I so hoped we could be ready to leave for Colorado. Jacob came by and the guys told him everything we did, about the bronc and me and that I have another horse named Odin as he chuckled saying " Soon you all know she will have a dozen, it's always been her dream to have twelve horses one day." I smiled, Dwight chuckled and Jeb smirked at us as the guys  bickered while they played poker, losing to Jacob of course. The final schedule for the week is Tuesday court, Wednesday I made the final trip through the house and Jacob stated he was all ready to go so we could leave Thursday at the soonest making me do a happy dance as they all laughed and Dwight chuckled at me,  Rex would fly out as soon as court was over Tuesday.

We both woke up to Max pouncing on the bed, Dwight chuckled scratching his head as I went and showered, then as I dried and changed Dwight took his shower and came out kissing me saying " Don't worry beautiful I'm thinking the Judge will allow you to leave, he seems to have taken a liking to you from what I can see." I nodded and sighed ' Hope it's enough because handsome I love my uncle and Jake, just  can't stand the thought of being stuck in this town for three years again." Dwight held me tightly saying " If and only if that happens, I will have one of the guys stay here to make you feel more at home and have a close friend with you okay Kandi?" I nodded as we finished dressing, then walked downstairs as I moaned smelling my favorite breakfast aroma. Jeb was cooking Belgian waffles, sausage and fried potatoes for breakfast so when we walked in he turned grinning to me saying " You need to start today in a positive way, now taste and  comments welcome." Dwight laughed as he gave me a bite of the waffles as I smiled answering " Excellent my friend, perfect as always Executive Chef." They both laughed and then the rest filed in for breakfast. Jacob and I did the dishes, Rex went to get his papers and briefcase, Dwight checked to make sure Alec shaved this time and we smirked as Dwight did the once over with everyone.

We all loaded up, I locked the doors as Brad, Alec and Jeb got in the car, Dwight waited for me as Rex got in the truck and Jacob had his Sherrif's truck, then we all headed for the courthouse pulling around back again. Uncle Jeff met us again, led us to the waiting room and we talked about the house. He told me the movers had taken out all the boxes, packed up the attic and took any furniture that was still intact so I just needed to do a walk through before he had some of the high school kids clean it up, repaint the inside walls and fix any damage.  I told Uncle Jeff to use my checking account for the money to replace the carpet in the living room and for any expenses  as he chuckled saying " Remember the town has set aside funds, so if there isn't enough only then will I call you before I tap into your money bugs, okay?" I nodded as I sighed, the guys chuckled then Jeff led us into the courtroom. As we sat down and waited for Judge Keith Hardin we softly talked between ourselves then Jeff nudged Jacob, they went to stand by the wall as Rex and I turned facing his bench. Same bailiff, same speech as we stood, he sat, we sat and he smiled to me  saying"  I heard you set a new record in Riggins  Kandi, very nice and how was your weekend in Lewiston?" I stood answering " I was amazed on the record your honor guess Lightning  had his mojo going, and our weekend was fun, how was your weekend sir?" He smiled nodding "  Relaxing, good thank you for asking and I am proud to know some of our local kids still have manners now days." I chuckled nodding then sat back down as he smirked to me.

He flipped through the papers on his desk then looked at me asking " Now you are the last person to speak to me then I will take some time to decide,  not as long as you would think so please relax and when you are ready, so am I Kandi." I nodded as Rex patted my  arm as I stood up saying "  You know how much I feel I need to be in Colorado sir, so let us imagine if you sentence me to stay here for three years. As this may or may not happen, we all know, who have lived here all our lives, this town will become divided with me here, some backing me saying I did the right thing, defending myself, he gave me no other option, now the other half of this town not happy with me, not going to jail or prison, living here, they'd have to see me when I shopped, any time I came in to town, the rumors and gossip, we all know will follow. Sir I feel that it would cause a huge rift in this community, may cause problems for the police over petty disagreements between the two sides, so imagine three years of this town being on edge, quarreling because I am sentenced to live here three long years. Now you may be wondering since I did grow up here, have good memories with my past, why I am so adamant to leave, because sir my home is now Colorado, I feel safe there, have these gentlemen and others that truly care about me there."

Tears started falling fast, my hands sweating and my body shaking a bit, as I continued taking a deep breath  "Yes I have Jacob and Uncle Jeff here and I love them both, will miss them again deeply, but as I weigh it all out I need to go back, my heart heals there, my heart only gets hurt here now, torn apart, all this town has given me in the past two years is misery, sadness, destruction and death, with my parents now gone and now this over my head.  This will always on  my conscience, that even though I know I did what I had to, I did still kill another human, an old friend, someone I got along with one time, I grew up with, joked had good times with, and that does weigh heavy everyday on me sir, guilt not for why I did it, only because it will now  stay with me forever and he now has no way to learn to change, do the right thing again in his life.  Please Keith, I beg you, let me go home, I have to go back, I will suffocate here, slowly my heart will die here, Colorado and  the man I love, hoping one day to still be able to marry, they are the air that keeps me alive, makes me happy, heals my heart ever so slowly, they will be there in Colorado ." I looked at him through my tears and then sat down shaking as Dwight came around to hold me, calm me down  whispering loving words, he looked at Keith with tears also in his eyes nodding then put his head against mine rocking me softly.

Keith took a deep breath  then softly said " All of you have so much deep felt emotions about this, Kandi  I will take all this in consideration as  I now will take some time before I pass your sentence." He stood  when everyone else stood  but Dwight and I , Dwight just held me as I sobbed against him, soaking his shirt, Rex rubbing my shoulders when he nodded to Keith as he left out the side door. Everyone of them came to me saying soothing words as I tried to slow down my breathing and tears and Uncle Jeff whispered " He will do right by you bugs, Keith is a kind man and he heard your remorse, that right there shows him you do care about what happened, every judge needs to know that one thing from a defendant." Rex nodded to me as I glanced up and he said ' Kandi, wow, that was truly from your heart and unscripted even, I couldn't have even coached  a person for all the  truth in what you told him."Dwight held me tighter as my body slowly stopped shaking, the tears stopped and I took slow deep breaths leaning against his chest calming to the sound of his heart beat. We all just waited, I was so anxious, Dwight tapping his finger on the table when Rex placed his hand over Dwight's saying" Stop Garnett, you'll make her even more nervous, I have complete faith in the law,  the judge and with all the honest heart wrenching testimonies from all of you, I feel he will do the right thing."

The side door opened I took a deep breath as Keith walked back in, we all stood up then when he sat Dwight pulled me on his lap not letting go of me making Keith nod and smile to us. He took a deep breath and started " Will the Defendant please rise?"  so Rex and I stood up, Dwight kept his hands on my arms rubbing them as Keith continued " After reviewing all the evidence and the testimonies from  everyone,  I do here by sentence you to no less then three years monitored probation, you will be wearing an ankle bracelet for all three years, and you will serving this sentence under the guardianship of Mr. Dwight Garnett in Julesburg Colorado."  I took a deep breath mouthing to Keith ~ thank you so much Keith~ as he smiled to me and the guys all patted me on the back. He allowed a small bit of choas then cleared his throat saying " I'm not finished, please quiet down, Sheriff Mason, as part of this sentence so the state has assurance that  Ms. Young is serving this sentence properly, I need to stipulate that you assign one of your Deputies to also reside on the property in Colorado, he will be under authority  of this state's but will need to work with the sheriff's office in Julesburg for three years, compensated from the state for the relocation, I need to know if you have anyone who one is single, don't want to break up a family here,  and two someone who Ms. Young could feel comfortable around day in day out for the next three years?"

We all looked at uncle Jeff as he smirked answering " Yes your honor I think I do know a Deputy that would fit your prerequisites, it would be Deputy Jacob Hall your honor." I turned to Jacob as he looked at me then Jeff then turned to Keith nodding as Keith said " Now he would need a promotion in rank sir to do this assignment  correctly, do you agree to allowing Deputy Hall to relocate to Colorado,  a promotion and raise in pay with all that goes with it, he will be compensated from the state for his relocation?" Jeff nodded stating " Yes your honor I do agree with the terms you have set sir." Keith nodded writing down things on a  paper then turned to Jacob asking " Deputy Hall do you accept the terms of this agreement, understanding, you will be leaving when Ms. Young does, relocating to Julesburg Colorado for the length of her probation of three years, be responsible for monitoring her movement and make sure the ankle bracelet  stays in place,you will be under my jurisdiction for the next three years, but will  also answer to the sheriff of Julesburg,  be promoted so as you can do this assignment with the proper authority, an increase in wages and be compensated by the state for the relocation?"

Jacob stepped forward answering " Yes your honor I understand the terms and accept all that your judgement includes sir." Keith smirked and nodded then wrote something down and turned to the bailiff saying " Bailiff, please take these and have them filed as my final judgement and sentencing." The guy smiled nodding, took the papers and left out the side door as I looked at Keith he said " so be it, this case is now closed, and we are adjourned, thank you Mr. Redmond for your diligent work on this case." Rex smiled nodding then Keith looked at me and gently banged his gavel, the guys all jumped over the banister and mauled me as I laughed, Dwight stepped back smiling and everyone came to the table. I nodded to Keith as he stood up and slowly walked to us then he pulled me against him saying " Glad that's over, Kandi please be happy, stay safe. live and love as deeply as I know you can, just know I felt so torn when I heard your testimony, touched me very deeply, your parents I know would be proud as to how you have dealt with all this chaos." Keith kissed my forehead whispering " I'm very proud of you young lady, he left you no choice and for that I am sorry little one." I nodded against him as he shook Dwight's hand saying " I do  hope you help her heal sir, this will leave a big tear in her heart, please for all of us that love and care for Kandi, be kind, gentle and sincere." Dwight smiled answering " Yes sir, I intend to do just that, she is my air for life, I truly meant every word." Keith let me go and kissed my forehead one more time saying " I believe all of you were truly sincere sir, I saw it wasn't just words, actions always speak louder than words." I nodded as everyone laughed and Keith said good bye to us then squeezed my hand  telling me to keep in touch this time with him as I nodded yes before he walked out the side door.

I turned to Jacob and hugged him saying " I'm sorry I'm uprooting you Jake, and Uncle Jeff you took a chance saying he'd come." Jeff raised an eye brow saying " Bugs, ever since you stepped in the city limits he has been needing to be with you, he needs you as much as you him, you two need to rekindle that family bond , get it tight again, I will do fine here, will miss him but you need him more than I do." I hugged him saying " Thank you uncle Jeff." He smiled kissing my head and told Jacob to come by his office to get all the papers finalized before we left Thursday then he shook all the guys hands and patted my cheek whispering " I'll make sure it's one of the small ankle bracelets bugs." I smirked as he chuckled and walked out the court room doors. I turned seeing smiling happy faces, I hugged Rex saying " You city slicker, thank you so much, I owe you  Rex, let us know when you want to collect that two weeks at the ranch, best of everything okay?" Rex chuckled hugging me back saying " As long as the peanuts are fresh Kandi I think I will enjoy this payment." Dwight smirked nudging his arm as we all laughed and walked out the doors as I took a deep breath of freedom air knowing I would be home again in Colorado within the next seventy two hours.

Jeb grabbed Brad and Alec saying " It's celebration time, you two need to come with me as I need to buy food for this grand new day." Dwight chuckled as Jacob held me against his chest rubbing my arms and said" Baby girl, I think is was time for a change for me anyways okay, living with you on this ranch I keep hearing about sounds like heaven to this cowboy." I turned holding him tight against me answering " I'm glad Jake, a raise, wow how cool is that, and the sheriff in Julesburg, well lets just say he and I are good friends." Jacob laughed saying " Should have figured you would be baby girl." Dwight, Rex and I chuckled as Dwight said we needed to get Rex to the plane as he had his stuff in the truck so he  told Jacob to meet us at the house when he was done with Uncle Jeff and he nodded then kissed my head and went back inside the courthouse. Dwight held his hand out for me, I smiled as he pulled me into him kissing me with hunger, desire and deep love then we all got in the truck and headed to the small private air strip just out of town. I said bye to Rex again as he hugged me whispering " You do more for him then you know Kandi, he is a changed man, so much more down to earth again, thank you for that as he's been my best friend for years and it's nice to see him  truly happy again." I blushed as he chuckled  kissing my nose then waved bye as he got on Dwight's private jet. Dwight held me against him  resting his chin on my shoulder, as we watched the plane taxi, then take off carrying Rex back to New York.

Dwight smiled as he held my door open for me as I thanked him he playfully slapped my ass as I got in chuckling, then we headed for the house as the guys were also pulling in so we helped unload six bags of food and I asked" What the heck Jeb, you gonna feed an army?" Alec and Brad laughed as  Jeb smirked and Brad said " Nope boos, he couldn't decide on what of your favorites to cook, so he bought everything for all your favorites foods, let's get this celebration started." Brad tossed me a premade  Long Island iced tea, handed Dwight a bottle of his favorite scotch and a six pack of   bottled soda water as we both laughed, he and Alec opened a bottle of Jack each taking a big swig then popped open a coke each , Jeb had wine coolers as opened one downing it then said " Okay I'm pacing here I have to cook." We chuckled and Jacob pulled up stepping out Brad tossed him a six pack of Bud saying " You are late  Deputy, pop a top and celebrate with us." Jacob laughed looking at all each of us had in our hands, then opened a beer, downed it and crushed the can as we all laughed then headed in the house, Jacob took the bags from me as I smiled and he nodded to me. I told them I needed to feed the dogs and Lightning before we all got too wasted to remember, Jacob followed me out when Dwight nodded to him as I walked out, so he  got food for the four mutts as I loved on Lightning and gave him some new grain, then a fresh carrot as he nickered licking my face and  Jacob chuckled.

Jacob hugged me as he rubbed Lightning's nose saying " I'm happy this all turned out so well, even if the bad stuff happen baby girl, it did bring us closer, and wow Keith really changed since we were younger." I smiled and turned holding him saying " yes he has, maybe he finally grew up too Jake." He looked at me and we both chuckled then walked back in the kitchen door, sat down and joined in the celebration as Jeb smiled, flitting around preparing whatever he wanted for that minute. Dwight said the Brad and Jeb would ride with him back home, as we would have Alec and Max with us in the car, we would stay over at the hotel in Pocatello then nine hours later he would have me home, safe and happy again as I nodded and took a deep breath. We agreed tomorrow Dwight and Jacob would go with me to the house as Alec, Jeb and Brad cleaned up the house some because the maid's last day was today, so any mess made, we cleaned it up. Jacob said he'd be packed and stay here tomorrow night then we load up Lightning and head to Colorado so if we left no later than noon we'd be in Pocatello by nine pm.

Jacob told me since he was only renting the place and it came fully furnished so what he brought was what he owned, anything else Uncle Jeff would put in my storage unit with my things and I told him that was good with me. So we all nibbled all night as Jeb made taquitos, nacho cheese and chips, guacamole dip, french bread,  stuffed pork chops and my favorite fresh baked salmon with lemon butter, so I moaned when I took the first taste when the guys all drooled making Jacob and Dwight laugh at them as I teased them. I hugged Jeb thanking him as he said" Spoiling you, I live for it Kandi, you are our breath, friend and heart in this world, we all need you, this  pfft, is nothing like how you will be treated from now on, we came close to losing you and we all realized just how  things would be without you." I blushed as a single tear fell and he hugged me saying " Everyday you are  going to feel as special as you make all of us feel each day." Jacob smiled as I blushed again and Dwight chuckled, Jeb kissed my head then I shared the salmon watching all four devour it making Jeb and I laugh at them. As the night went on watching Dwight get a bit drunk he was a happy and funny as he loosened up, teasing alec and Brad while Jacob , Jeb and I laughed all night staying relatively sober some. Dwight became more loving, more down to earth and he really showed his best qualities even   going so far to tell these guys how much he counted on them around then ranch and how he was glad I  had gotten so close to all of them.

We all ate, drink and laughed way into the night, then Jacob  told us he'd be by in the morning to pick us up to go the house and Dwight hugged him as I hid a chuckle saying " Son, I'm glad we came to terms and I want you to know, you will always be trusted by me and now that we all are living together, wow that sounds kinky Kandi, we will have lots of time to become better friends." I laughed with Jacob as he patted  Dwight's shoulder saying" Yep sir, we will become good friends now you get inside and time to make sure our girl gets a decent  night's sleep okay?" Dwight smiled nodding as he and I chuckled then Jacob kissed my head and got in the truck then left, while Jeb and I walked with Dwight and said our good nights as I chuckled helping Dwight up the stairs then in our room. He laid on the bed pulling me down kissing me deeply saying " I love you, trust you and want whatever makes you happy love." I smiled saying ' Well helping me get you ready for sleep would make me happy handsome, come on up now, lets get undressed and get some sleep." He nodded and then finally I had him undressed, tucked under the covers as I smiled as he passed out as he snuggled against me so I set the alarm and fell asleep with his chest against my back, watching max creep in then lay by the bed, I turned off the lights ending a better than  average day for me.

I got up to the alarm has Dwight growled and I laughed when he put the pillow over his head moaning " Why didn't you stop me love, I think those two wranglers planned this." I laughed more than dried off telling him to go shower, wake up since Jacob would be here in thirty minutes. He dragged himself from bed almost tripping over Max and I smiled as he kissed me then wandered in the bathroom. Max and I went down stairs, I let all four dogs out just as Jacob strolled in looking around seeing only me and Jeb smirking " Okay I guess the party animals are moving slow or not at all." I chuckled nodding and answered " Well the top dog is moving slow, the pups, hell they could still be sleeping Jake." He laughed as Jeb said " Snoring both of them, wanna wake them or let the sleeping dogs lay?" Dwight walked in saying " Oh go wake them, if I have to suffer so do they Jeb, cold water if you have to."

He chuckled grabbing a pitcher as we all waited and then heard Brad growling " Damn it Jeb." As we laughed to Jeb saying " The top boss said rise and shine pup." then Jeb walked into Alec's room doing the same thing only this time we heard a thud and Jeb laughed saying " Up wrangler, boss wants you out of bed, bad aim with the boot." and he chuckled walking to us then the four of us went to the kitchen, Jeb handed Dwight the largest mug of coffee as Jacob and I chuckled. Dwight growled saying " Now why are you three so chipper this morning?" I leaned against him as he smirked and I said " Maybe because we stopped drinking two hours before you handsome?" He kissed my forehead and chuckled nudging Jacob pushing him off the stool as I laughed and Jacob smiled replying " You have to remember, I already drank with your wranglers sir, I know how much they love to party, not me as I like the clear head each morning." Dwight took a big gulp nodding as Jeb handed him three aspirin and he downed them as I smirked and he gently nudged me saying " Traitor, you knew how they are and didn't stop me." I kissed his neck saying " Handsome you needed to unwind and in all honesty you are a fun drunk, so loving and open, it was nice to see the man having fun with friends, letting that guard down." Dwight smiled then kissed  my lips softly whispering " Love you baby." I ran my tongue against his lips, he moaned and I answered " Love you sexy." Jacob was talking with Jeb as Alec and Brad came in growling then stopped instantly when they saw Dwight raise an eye brow as we all smirked at the two.

Jeb gave me my usual taste then set the food down, Dwight fixed my plate then nodded and the guys all dug in as I fixed sausage and toast for Dwight making him chuckle and kiss my neck. Jacob and I did the breakfast dishes, Alec and Brad just laid their heads on the counter as Dwight kept nudging them each and chuckling as they wanted to complain but knew better. I told Jeb" Make sure these two help you Jeb, if I find out they slacked off one bit then god help them I will be pissed." Alec and Brad raised their heads both nodding and said " Yes ma'am we will do our share." I smiled patting them both as Dwight, Jacob and I went out the door and now headed for my house. When Jacob parked in front of the house I took a deep breath making Dwight lok at me so Jacob said " Sir,  the guys built a campfire in the living room, destroyed a lot of her antique furniture and well you will see the wall, your movers did salvage some saying they would repair what they could, let's just say I don't' blame Kandi, it was pure devastation inside." He held me saying " It will get repaired so you can still sell it love promise okay?" I nodded then he got out and I took his hand as Jacob unlocked the front door.

With all the broken things gone, only the shell of my house, it still broke my heart but wasn't so overwhelming as I walked around the rooms. Dwight growled as he took in all the destruction, and then we walked up the stairs, my body started shaking when Jacob opened  my parents room when he softly said " Kandi you can stay here, I know  you can't go in here right know and all the furniture and things are gone, just the words on the wall remain." I thanked him as I sat on the stairs waiting and I heard Dwight say " Jacob no. this wasn't random they were targeted Kandi saw this?" Jacob replied " yes sir she was the first one, that's when I think Brad called you sir, this room was  parents, a safe haven  so yea you heard how it affected her that day." Dwight said ' Charges stiff, they never getting out right?" Jacob sighed " that's what Jeff is putting together now an iron clad case so they stay in prison for a long time sir."

They both came back out as Dwight pressed his chest against my back as I was shaking a little and held me saying " It's all over beautiful, take a deep breath, your uncle will make sure this gorgeous home is a one and back up to how it was before okay, I promise." I nodded as they both walked with me, then Jacob locked the door and  we went by his place to pick up his belongings he was bringing with him to the ranch. I chuckled as he loaded all my rodeo gear, saddles and ropes, Lightning's tack, a bale of hay and some grain then he turned locking the door and we headed to the courthouse. Jacob, Dwight and I all got out heading into the back doors and walked into Uncle Jeff's office. Jacob gave him the keys to my house, his place and a run down on what my house looks like as Dwight told him to call if he needed any money to get it back to a one, handing Jeff his business card.

Jeff smiled and nodded, hugged me saying  " Love you bugs, watch after your younger brother here, as he watches over you okay, call me ever chance you can and behave both of you, no fighting." We chuckled saying okay as he shook Dwight's hand, he and Jacob did the man hug thing and Jeff handed Jacob a small bag saying" The legal stuff son, check in at the sheriff's on Monday, and as much as I hate this part, the bracelet and monitor are in the bag." I sighed Jacob held my shoulder and said " Yes sir, all legal, maybe a reduced sentence after a year, we will keep in touch Uncle Jeff promise." Jeff hugged me tight, kissed my head and nodded as he walked us out to the parking lot. After we left the courthouse we headed back to the house as I took a deep breath and Dwight softly said " One more night love then we fly this coop." Jacob and I both smiled nodding to him as Jacob backed up so he and Dwight could hook the horse trailer up to his truck.

Jeb came running out the door laughing to me " Boss sos, they are after me." Jeb stopped right behind me as I raised an eye brow when Brad and Alec came running out stopping  dead in their tracks trying to hide the squirt guns behind their backs as they smirked while lowering their gaze to the ground. I growled as I walked up and grabbed each one of their ears as they yelped, Jeb, Jacob and Dwight busted out laughing as I said" I better not walk into any water on the furniture, this house belongs to the FBI, maybe I should make one call and see who you two will be talking with about ruining government property, do I need to make that call boys?" They shook their heads no saying " No ma'am, we will  make sure this lovely home is spotless, like new boss." I let go and as they both turned kicked them both in the butts saying " Now move it cowboys."

Jeb smirked as I turned he lowered his head saying " I think I will help them boss." I nodded as Jacob, and Dwight chuckled at him as he walked back in the house while we hooked up the trailer then Jacob put the bag from Jeff in his tool box locking it and grabbed his duffel bag as we walked in the front door. The dogs came running up and we petted them then walked into the kitchen as Jeb was making dinner. I called Steve telling him all that happened yesterday, he told me that he will let the guy that watches the place know we are leaving tomorrow and there will only be three dogs now. Steve gave me his normal behave speech and told me he was glad it all turned  out well, keep the key just in case I ever needed a safe house and  to call him whenever and to stay in touch this time. After dinner Alec and Brad volunteered to do the dishes, we all knew they wanted to get back on my good side and we watched some TV before all heading to bed so we could leave early and head home. I was getting anxious to leave as the guys all chuckled with me as we talked about what we could do on the way back like Brad told them everything he and I did while we road tripped here. Dwight ,Jacob and Alec all laughed when I nudged Brad about cheating in  miniature golf as Brad shook his head no saying " Boss it was legal to scare her and make the shot go in the pond swear look it up in the rules." At ten  Jacob went out and fed Lightning then we brought the dogs in, locked up and all went to our rooms. Dwight set the alarm, Max laid down by my side of the bed making Dwight smile and I changed climbing in snuggling to him as we dozed off both probably dreaming about our home back on the ranch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 4.7K 45
Reagan Renne Walker left the tiny town that she grew up in in Wyoming five years ago to fulfill her dream of opening an equine therapy ranch in Monta...
47.6K 1.3K 6
*COMPLETED* Willa Baker moved to Spurs, Wyoming without any reason. She did this a lot, even has a child she found she she never had a true home. Th...
2.5K 188 21
"She's changing back to normal. Alright, take her away and don't forget to chain her up and cover her mouth." OH MY GOSH, I'M BEING KIDNAPPED!! He sa...
80.2K 4.9K 44
A jaded executive needs to save a horse and ride a cowboy instead. * * * * * When a careless mistake forces Manhattan financier and champi...