different ▸ m.c.

By murdermuke

She knew there was something off about Michael from the moment she met him. [unedited] More

different ▸ m.c.
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine [last]
epilogue

sixteen

46K 2K 2.6K
By murdermuke

Michael's POV

Allie's soft, slow breathing and the beeping of the heart monitors were the only thing to be heard in the room. It was an eerie room, full of machines and medicines. There were picture frames and plants scattered around the room as if they had tried to make the place seem more home-like. It didn't work.

I lay on the uncomfortable hospital bed, tapping my fingers together. Thoughts ran though my mind constantly. I had to tell Allie. I had to tell her everything. There was no use keeping it from her now. She was apart of it. She would most likely hate me but at least she'd know the truth.

There's a knock on the door, followed by the sound of the door unlocking then opening.

"She's knocked out I see." Dr. Lenard and Dr. Peters walk in. Not really the people I wanted to see.

"What do you want?" I ask, slightly harsh.

"We're here to check vitals and take those IVs out, nothing major. Dr. Peters is going to ask you a few questions as well." Dr. Lenard explains. "Would you mind waking Allie up?"

I lean over the small gap between our beds and lightly shake her. "Allie, babe. Wake up."

"Noooo" She moans and I chuckle despite our situation.

"The doctors are here." I sigh and she groans.

I press the button on her bed to bring her up to a sitting position.

"Damn it, I though it was just a bad dream" Allie rubs her eyes and smooths down her hair.

"Unfortunately not." I remark.

Dr. Lenard then takes out our IVs, detaches us from the heart monitors and replaces are bandages. Replacing Allie's took a much more time than it took to replace mine and it looked painful too. She winced at every touch and it pained me to see her like that.

"You are healing very well, Ms. Robins." He tells her.

"Really? It seems pretty bad and I feel like shit." Allie rolls her eyes.

"It's a lot better than a couple days ago."

"Wait, a couple days ago?" I ask.

"Yes, you both were unconscious for 2 days after you arrived here." Dr. Lenard tells us.

"You're telling me this is our third day being here?" I ask and he nods in reply. "Well I wasn't expecting that."

The doctor then checks our vitals and gives us some pain medication in the form of pills. Then it's Dr. Peters turn.

"Are you two comfortable answering questions in front of each other?" He asks and we both nod. "Alright let's get started."

Dr. Peters asks us various questions that seemed very random. He asked for our favorite color, our hobbies, what movies we liked and about our families.

"What does this have to do with anything?" Allie asks.

"I'm just trying to figure out what's going on in your guys' minds." He responds with a smile at which I scoff at.

"You obviously have no clue what you're doing. You think we're insane and we're not." I say rather rudely.

"Actually, we don't know that for sure. Yes, so far the signs are pointing to that but we need to do tests and that's what I'm here for." He tells us.

"Then why are we here if you don't know for sure? Isn't this place for people with mental problems. If you don't know for sure we shouldn't be here." Allie points out.

"Well you two weren't exactly emotionally stable when they found you. The neighbors had heard screaming and that's how the police found you, screaming and sobbing. You also needed medical help so we decided here would be the best place."

"Well you thought wrong. We don't belong here." I pipe in.

"Denying it gets you nowhere."

"Whatever." I say irritably.

"Now I'm going to need you to describe exactly what happened." Dr. Peters tells us.

"But what if we don't want to?" I ask, I really didn't want to have to retell that experience.

"You're going to need to."

Allie and I begin to tell the story. She includes the details of her pain and I include the details of mine. Hers blew mine out of the water though. What I had gone through just seems like a scratch compared to her.

The doctors seemed scared of what we told them. I know they think we're insane, but how can you explain this? How do you explain the clear wounds that came from nothing? They think there was a person who hurt us and we didn't see them. They think we went through so much emotional trauma that we can't remember clearly.

They're wrong though. I know what happened. Allie knows what happened. My mom believes us. Everyone else are a lot harder to convince.

"I think we're done for today, then." Dr. Peters places his papers in his folder and stands up.

"Ms. Chloe, your nurse, will come in now and then to check up on you. Michael, when you are hungry you may go down the hall to get food. I would appreciate if you brought Allie food too considering she can't really move." Dr. Lenard says to which I nod in response. Then both the doctors leave, not locking the door this time.

"I hate it here. We don't belong here." Allie says quietly. "We're not actually insane are we?"

"No, Allie. No, no, no. Especially not you." I climb out my bed and sit on Allie's, feeling a bit of uncomfortable pain as I move.

"But then why are we here?" She sobs softly and I wrap my arms carefully around her, making sure not to hurt her.

"It's all my fault." I press a kiss to her temple.

"How? You haven't explained it to me." She looks up at me.

"It's a long story."

"We've got time." She laughs lightly and I smile, despite what I'm about to tell her.

"You'll probably hate me."

"Okay you're scaring me now but I could never hate you."

"We'll see." I'm silent for a minute.

"So are you going to tell me?" She asks.

"I don't really know where to start." I admit. There was so much to say and I had never told it to someone before.

"The beginning." Allie jokes. I love how despite the situation and how much pain she is she can still he her happy, lovable self.

I sigh. "It started when I was five." I begin my story. Allie stares at me with attentive eyes and I tremble a bit.

"Calm down, love. It'll be okay." She smiles and grabs my hand with her own.

"Well I wasn't the most emotionally stable kid you could say. When I was little, I still had a dad and we lived in a different house."

"But you said you lived in the same house your whole life." Allie says, confused.

"I lied." I smile sheepishly and she nods. "Well anyways my father was an absolute dick. He always had people over and had parties in the basement. They got drunk and I could never sleep. My mom would always cry herself to sleep. My dad cheated on my mom, constantly. I didn't know exactly what that was then but I always saw him kissing other women and I knew that wasn't right."

"That's awful." Allie looks at me sadly.

I ignore her comment and continue my story. I knew if I stopped I wouldn't be able to continue. "One day, he has a really big party. There was loud music and beer bottles everywhere leading to the basement. My mom had a candle by the basement door." I squeeze my eyes shut at the memory. "I was little and I didn't know what I was thinking but I threw the candle into the basement. You wouldn't think it would do much but we had plants down there. We had wood furniture. There was alcohol spilled everywhere. The place was on fire within minutes. My mom and I got out but every in the basement died that day."

Allie gasps slightly but I continue. "We were in a hotel for a few days until my mom could find a job then we moved here. When we moved to this house, that's when all hell broke loose. This things, I didn't know what they were at the time, appeared. The pretending to be my friends at first and I believed them. I told my mom and she was scared so she got me a doctor. After telling the doctor what the things do and after he saw all these things happening they sent me to an exorcist. He told my mom there was a demonic presence but he couldn't do anything. I didn't know it was anything bad. I was little and they were nice. They told me they could be my only friends though. I wasn't allowed to have any others."

"But why?" Allie asks, looking sad.

"I'll tell you that towards the end of the explanation, don't worry." I tell her and she nods. I was glad she was staying quiet for the most part. I guess it made the whole thing a lot easier.

I take a deep breathe and begin talking again. "I didn't have a friend until I turned six. He was my best and only friend at the time. We did everything together for months. Then one day he fell off a swing and broke his neck. He died instantly."

"That's horrible!" Allie says shocked.

"It gets worse." I say sadly. "The voices told me not to have more friends but I wanted other friends. When I was 7 there was a new boy that moved in next door. I was playing with him and I car hit him, killing him. There was no driver. The police couldn't figure out what happened. The voices told me again not to have friends and I listening for a while before making another friend at the age of 9. She was mysteriously shot and killed. That's when I realized that something wasn't normal. That's when the voices started getting mean. They would bully me and I cried myself to sleep every night. That's when my mom told me they were demons."

"Michael, why didn't you tell anyone! Someone could've helped you!" Allie exclaims.

"I couldn't tell anyone. They told me if I told anyone they would kill me. They didn't want to kill me, though." My voice cracks towards the end of my sentence.

"Then why'd they do it?"

"When I finally realized they weren't my friends, they were vicious. They explained everything to me through a nightmare and it was the second worst thing I've experienced. It was like they were hurting me but I was asleep. I was only dreaming but I could feel the pain. They told me I was a murderer. I killed my father and everyone with him. They told me they would make my life hell. Hurt everyone I cared for. They want me to suffer and they want me to die but they don't want to be the ones to do it."

"You don't deserve that! No one deserves that! You did nothing wrong, you were just a kid!" Allie's voice was frantic.

"They thought I needed to be punished." I say quietly. "And they didn't stop. When I was 13 I met a boy named Calum. I was afraid to be friends with him but he was very nice and wanted to be friends with me no matter how much I distanced myself, like you. Eventually I gave in and the voices stopped. They stopped for a whole year. I thought everything was done, I thought I could be normal. Then they started again but I ignored them. After a record time of having a friendship that lasted 2 years, something terrible happened. We were playing soccer in a field one day and Calum started screaming. He was screaming and crying and I couldn't do anything. He was tortured to death that day."

Allie looks at me with tears in her eyes. "I'm so sorry, Michael."

"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I was so stupid to think I could be normal. I should've learned my lesson. I should've known! Now you're involved in this and it's all my fault!" I stand up and throw a flower pot across the room. It his the window and shatters. Whatever is covering the window is obviously very strong.

"You said that nightmare was the second worse thing that's happened to you, what was the first?" She asks quietly.

"Seeing you a couple days ago. In pain and I couldn't do anything. I thought you were going to die and I could hardly breathe thinking about that. If you died I wouldn't see the point in living at all." I whisper but loud enough for her to hear.

She takes in a sharp breath. "It wasn't as bad as it probably looked"

"You're lying."

She sighs. "Yes, I'm just trying to make you feel better though."

"Why aren't you yelling at me?! Why don't you hate me now? It's my fault you're involved in all this. It's my fault these stupid things are after you. If you die, it's my fault!" I yell and run a hand through my hair.

"I could never hate you. And yes, I'm absolutely fucking terrified. I don't want to die. But I don't blame you for any of it. It's not your fault these demonic freaks are after you. I love you, and I could never hate you." She tells me and I was lost for words. I never imagined someone could ever love me, to be completely honest.

"But...but...look at you! You're in a fucking mental hospital because of me!" I eventually say.

"But we're here together, aren't we?" She smiles and I manage to smile back.

Our cute little moment is ruined by a familiar screeching.

"WE TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

well now you know exactly what's up with Michael. And although you know what's wrong with him, this story isn't over. I still have some creepy stuff planned (;

btw in case you're wondering, I imagine Emma Watson as Allie. But just with the dyed tips of hair. Emma Watson is just perfect and I love her and I thought she was a perfect Allie.

Thank you so much to everyone saying they loved this story! I love you all so much and I can't believe you like it haha
x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 37 12
"Well if you were were smarter you would've realized I was lying to you..."
2.2M 64.4K 31
❝Every time I ran, I ran to you. I meant it every time I said I loved you.❞
997K 41.8K 27
One by one, they'll all be dead. [unedited]
37.5K 1K 28
Sam is your typical girl next door, with those typical teenage girl problems, maybe Michael Clifford is the just what she needs to find her way?