Lost In A Dream

By Viper7125

Drew must come to his senses and realize that everything in his life is not as perfect as he thinks it is. Th... More

Life
Confusion
Where's Stacey?
Research
Everything is a lie
Asylum of Peace?
I am Nick

The Park

90 4 2
By Viper7125

When we arrived at the park I got out a blanket that was stuffed in the back of my car.

"Wow such beautiful weather today, huh Drew? "

"Couldn't be any better!" I exclaimed with joy. We walk over to a nice big shady tree that had a good view of the whole park. There wasn't many people here, just a few people swinging on the swings, and a few other couples jogging around the park. I was glad no one was around us though because I enjoy some peace and quiet, especially when I'm with Stacey.

"So I've been thinking a lot lately, and I asked my parents if it would be ok and they said yes! I was thinking could we go somewhere special for your birthday! How does that sound? Said Stacey.

"Hm, what did you have in mind?" I said back with confusion.

"You know somewhere fun that we never get to go! Like maybe Disneyland, Lake Tahoe, or even just a special event like a fun hockey game. Just anything we can do that'll be a good memory for us" she said back.

I couldn't really think of a place off the top of my head, it was all very sudden. Disneyland would be a lot of money, and a lot of walking. Unless we only go for a day, but still we would get foot cramps and we would have some serious money problems after the trip. Than I thought to myself, Lake Tahoe! Very beautiful, so maybe we can go there. A hockey game? That was a maybe too because I loved hockey! I still didn't know what I wanted to do though...

"Well I would love to go somewhere fun with you, it'll make this day a lot more fun!" I said excitedly.

"We won't go today of course, because it's so sudden so will go tomorrow! But anyways go on and tell me what you wanna do."

"I'm not too sure yet, like I want to do Disneyland but than again it'll be a financial crisis for us if we do that because of all the money it would cost. I was thinking maybe Lake Tahoe? Or anywhere that has a camping vibe to it." I said with a confused voice, because I still didn't know what to do.

"Well just think about it for another hour or so and than let me know! Just a little fun day trip I thought of so I'll let you pick." Stacey exclaimed.

This might be random but I had the strangest feeling, For some reason I felt like someone was watching us. I'm not sure why, but I just felt like I was being watched. Like I said there wasn't many people at the park. Just some kids swinging, and some couples working out, so I'm not sure why I felt like I was being watched. I looked around and saw nobody. Just a beautiful park, and lots of big trees. Well I feel stupid I thought to myself.

"Drew, are you feeling ok?" You look a little paranoid..." Stacey said with a cautious voice.

"Um, yes I'm fine sweetheart. Just felt a little sick but I'm all good now." I said back trying to be more bold in my speaking.

I was trying to think of something to do to get this weird feeling off my mind, so I wanted to walk around the park.

"Hey since we're all done eating now let's just walk around the park, if that's alright with you?"

She had no problem with that so she jumped right up and we left our stuff at are blanket. It felt nice to actually get up and walk around, especially since it was a little breezy so it felt nice to have the fresh air hit my body as I walked around the park with her.

"I can't believe it's been two years since we've met." Stacey said with a low voice.

To be honest sometimes I would forget about how long we've been together. In all fairness though two years is definitely hard to remember!

"Um, yes! It's crazy at how fast time has gone by. For are three year anniversary will have to do something extra special!"

"Yes definitely in time we can think of something, but for now we have to think of what you would want to do for your birthday! She said with a loud voice.

Than all of a sudden at the end of the street there was a guy standing there, advertising something. We couldn't see exactly what it was but we both wanted to go find out. It's always nice to see someone trying to sell something, entrepreneur's are very hard working people so we wanted to see what he had. As we got closer to him he saw us and talked to us.

"Howdy you two! Thank god someone finally noticed me, haha! My name is Jim. I work for a company that sends couples away for a nice getaway vacation. You two look like you could definitely use a nice vacation, what do you say?"

This guy seemed very nice, but I already knew this was really sketchy. Like I said I like helping out people who sell things, but something like this is just sketchy. The guy looked like he was about maybe in his late 20's, or early 30's and me and Stacey were only 18. I looked at her in confusion, not knowing what to say, and than looked back at Jim.

"Man that's very cool and nice of you to offer us a getaway vacation! Unfortunately we aren't in a good financial state right now, so will have to decline. Sorry Jim..." I said with a cautious voice.

"Eh, it's whatever. I understand..." Jim said with a very strange voice.

Well ok, this guy seems a little crazy I thought to myself. It's time Stacey and I go home anyways. I looked at Stacey, and than back at Jim, and said...

"Thanks for your time sir! My girlfriend and I must get going now, but best of luck to you and your advertising." I said with a nice tone.

"Alright, you two take care now. Life is short, especially if you have a shitty fucking life like me..." he said angrily.

The look he had on his face when he said that, seemed very bizarre. Like I said I already knew this guy was sketchy, but after he said those words I got goosebumps. Why did Jim say that? Seemed like he had some problems, so I wanted to leave as fast as I could.

"Alright, well bye bye now Jim."

"Yes, have a nice day Jim!" Stacey said.

He was silent, and he just watched us as we walked away. Even after about 3 minutes of walking away from him I turned around, and he had his eyes on me still. I have good vision, so I could see his eyeballs pointing right at me. I just felt very uncomfortable and I wanted to leave.

"Stacey, sweetheart. Could we please leave now"

"Already Drew? Well if you insist."

Thank god! I thought in my head, now I didn't want to be a sissy and say "I'm scared of Jim, so let's go home." So I didn't say that, I'm glad she didn't question me either, so we went back to the blanket. When we got there though all of our stuff was gone. Stacey's phone was gone, some food was gone, and even some cute notes Stacey made me for my birthday was gone.

"What the hell! Who stole our stuff?" I said angrily!

Stacey was in shock because her new iPhone 7 was just gone now. "Wow I'm stupid for leaving that here, but no one sketchy was even over here! So what the fuck!"

Than we looked at each other and both looked back at Jim...he was gone by now. We looked around the whole park, and didn't even see him. He was a pretty big built guy. Muscular and a little chubby, plus very tall so it was easy to see him, but he was no were in sight.

I swear if Jim the creep stole our stuff I'm going to kick his ass if we find him. I thought to myself with my enraged thoughts. I told Stacey how I felt like someone was watching us earlier, but she didn't believe me. Hell she didn't even think he stole are stuff.

"Drew calm down, how could he have stole our stuff if he was on the corner of the street and are blanket is in the middle of the park? Just calm down, someone else had to do it." She said with a calm voice.

No I know Jim stole our stuff because like I said I felt like I was being watched so if he was watching us he would've came over to the blanket when we left, took our stuff and than went to the corner because he knew we would come back around the park! I was almost certain that's what happened. Stacey just rolled her eyes, but she admitted it was a good theory.

"Well let's get in the car and drive around the park and the neighborhood. Maybe will see the person who took our stuff." Stacey said.

Not a bad idea, I thought to myself. Alright let's do that. We headed back over to the car, but there was a note on the car door. The note read...

"Don't be stupid next time, or maybe I'll keep your belongings."

The note didn't have a name attached to it. I was so confused right now and Stacey was very confused as well. We than get in the car, and we see all of our stuff was in the back seat. Ok this is very weird, what the hell is going on. Stacey and I both agreed this was strange, and we should go somewhere else. Not home though, because we felt like someone was definitely watching us now. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Captured By Rachel Singletary

Mystery / Thriller

7K 228 19
This story is about a teenage girl who is having dreams about being captured by this strange man. Now in the real world, she is being stalked by this...
670 115 21
*[Completed]* STACEY- A girl who has recently shifted to a place where her family has already lived for over 2 year while she stayed with her aunt i...
68.1K 1.8K 35
Have you ever read a book about a nerdy boy and a bad girl? Oh, Yes? Well what about a blind nerdy boy and bad girl who meet and slowly fall in love...
9.1K 1.5K 31
Book 1 of The Flaw Series. You can't scream at the world and expect the world not to scream back. Via is the type of girl who loves to live in it w...