Forsaken

By newbiegac2015

"-No offence. But I thought with a last name of Goodwin? You'd have nothing but good luck." He scoffed and l... More

{ The wait is over}
Abrupt stop
Small talk, big revelation.
Black card.
Perfect...
Old Nevada
Building on trust
Hope for the future.
The tour
Sleepover
Cherry with Coffee
Pandora
Negotiations
No introductions needed
Room plans
Baby hands and a snappy man
Mines of the mind
Edward f*cking Cullen!
In for review
The man needs a thermostat
The Riddler
Bow chicka wo- Whos that?!
Margarita escape
The suit-clad man
Luna Labyrinth
A Cucumber Toffee
J- for Jealous
Haunted by him.
Iron Goodwin
Tinkerbell & Big Foot
Marathon
Getting out
Air full of colour
Needing him.
Three words
Out
Making things right... Kinda
Where we are now.
Let's get out of this town.
Away from the crowd.
Fixing me
About Aaron
To be..
Reseda.
Aaron's Muse.
Informal carrot
Lunar Moon
Rollercoasters don't always end.

Speak in code

1.6K 71 4
By newbiegac2015

A few days later...

"Luna? Luna are you there?" A voice spoke pulling me out of my daydream.

I looked up to see my boss with a confused look on his face. My eyes widened as I took in the setting, he was paying me and I was sat here with my hand propping my chin up looking bored.

"I-- I am so sorry." I stuttered getting up fast and coming away from the till.

"It's okay. I just wanted to make sure you were okay. That's all."

I nodded and smiled "I am. I'll get to work instantly."

I put my head down and began putting out stock, I found it therapeutic sometimes to do it and it often have me a chance to think whilst being productive.

I had questions churning in my mind a few meaningless ones like what to have for dinner?

But others meant more. For example; when to text Aaron? Why he seemed... Guarded?

My mind felt pickled with questions that I didn't have the answers too. I felt like I at least owed Aaron a drink for putting up with me in the elevator.

I haven't been on one since. Hell no!

Personally I thought it was custom that men arranged coffee etc. Maybe he's different? Who am I kidding of course he's different, how many people hunt ghosts?

As I helped a customer with a product enquiry my eyes caught a familiar face with a beard and shaven head. But as quick as I blinked he was gone.

Urgh. Don't tell me I'm actually hallucinating now?

"Is there anything else I can help you with?" I asked smiling at the old woman.

"No thank you my dear."

I smiled and spun on my foot only to bump into a chest with 'Photographer' across it.

"Hi I was wondering if you could help me?" Aaron smiled.

I grinned looking up at him "How can I help?"

"Well you see it's of a different nature. I like this..." He paused looked at the aisle we were stood in. His hand grabbed a tin of peas.

"I found this pea."

"Pea?" I questioned.

"Yeah pea. I uh-" he rubbed his neck, I soon realised that 'Pea' was a code word.

"Pea is.. Well funny, beautiful and has the most amazing smile. But Pea never called nor text. So now I'm.. Or Bean." He grinned picking up a tin of beans "Beans thinking he has done something or that Pea never really wanted that coffee."

I chewed my lip listening to him when I realised that he wasn't like the rest. He was absolutely and definitely different. Keeping up the façade I nodded understandingly.

"I see you dilemma, maybe this Pea?" I questioned.

"Pea/Woman. Beautiful Pea woman." He corrected making me giggle.

"Well this pea, I'm sure, in fact I know is definitely interested in getting to know yo- well Beans. But didn't know when it would be an appropriate time to arrange this said coffee." I answered.

"But Pea never called."

"Pea is nervous." I admitted  pushing my mouth to the side. "But seriously, Pea would like to get to know Beans very much."

He grinned "Beans is thinking maybe today? Or tonight?"

I pondered "Pea would like that."

"Do you know what time Pea finis-"

"Luna?" My boss called making me look over.

"Yeah?" I asked looking at him.

"The bell has been ringing."

I frowned "It has?" I looked down towards the tills to find a queue of customers with impatient faces.

"Oh!" I went to rush away when I paused.

"Pea finishes at 6." I smiled happily.

"Text me, I mean, text Beans when you finish."

I did a curtesy before rushing off. Wait I curtsied? Another thing to be embarrassed about...

I got onto the tills to find Aaron making his way out the store watching me with a wide smile. He threw me a wink before disappearing, I lowered my head smiling to myself before getting on with the rest of my shift.

****

I had done as he said, and text him after my shift to arrange a time and place. Thank fully I had time to go home and get ready, which consisted of showering and standing with my hands on my hips waiting for something to scream 'Wear me!'

I pondered on this date, just coffee.. Was it even a date? Or just to hang out?

I groaned and slumped on my bed staring at the contents of my wardrobe. My eyes slowly shifted to my camera which was set up, with a nod I stood up and grabbed clothes out tossing them on the bed until I had an outfit I liked.

With a white knit and black skinny jeans I figured I couldn't go wrong. I also grabbed a pair of tanned combat boots with my matching bag.

"There.. That wasn't so hard, was it?" I asked before getting myself ready.

The last thing I grabbed before I left the house was my camera. I never left home without it unless it was to go to work.  Putting the strap around my neck I made my way to the coffee shop where I had agree to meet Aaron.

The rich aromas filled my nose as I looked around for him, however the sea of strangers didn't show him and I was left looking a little out of place. I looked at my watch nervously seeing I was ten minutes later from the traffic.

What if I was too late?
What if he thought I was not going to show?

My head began to think up the possibility that I had walked into the wrong coffee shop or I was on the wrong block. Feeling flushed I turned and made my way out.

"Luna?!" A voice shouted making my eyes snap up.

I let out a small breath realising it was Aaron who had called me and that I had the right shop after all.

"Hey." I smiled meeting him.

"Hey, you look lovely." He replied, we had the awkward moment...

He went to shake my hand and kiss my cheek but we ended up just patting each other's arm instead.

He laughed slightly and looked around "Wanna walk first?" He asked.

"Yes." I answered instantly. With that we headed off towards the strip together whilst I died off embarrassment again. I didn't want to be stuck on a table with him just yet, I didn't want anymore awkwardness.

First a curtesy and now an arm pat? He's going to think I'm an oddball...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.2K 1.3K 26
Candice Wilson, a friend to Zak, Nick and Aaron AKA the Ghost Adventures Crew, is a little skeptical when it comes to the paranormal, but when things...
131K 4.7K 91
*Sequel to Splintered Hearts* ********** "Bro where you going now?" Aaron asked standing up as well. "Home." "To- to do what Zak? We need to find he...
219K 6.6K 85
"What exactly is your problem?!" I snapped throwing the file down on the hood of the car. My patiences with him were gone. I was mad, in fact I was...
158K 5.6K 110
They're back by popular demand! Catch up with Zak & Maria! The paranormal power pair are working together, living together and hanging out together...