Swift Deliverance

De KatieG123

Lillian Alkstream. Not your typical teenage girl. Born to power hungry parents, Lillian finds her only happin... Mai multe

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter 9 (The She wolf... and Rhino)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 12

160 5 10
De KatieG123

Heyyo! EXTRA long chapter todaay!!! You may like to know (or not, depending on how mad you guys are at me), that I DO kinda not really have an excuse for not writing latley...

Not, I reallys don't do I? Yea I huurt my foot and stuuuff...and that complicated EVERYTHING else in my average day!

 but thats no excuse. I'm a lazy but and decided, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! Get off your lazy caboose and type!!!

AND I LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!!!!

So here it is, sowwy for being the worse author in the world

~Katie

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I awakened some time later to see that I was in new clothes, and in the dungeon. You may ask, how do I know I’m in the dungeon?

Well, let me just tell you, it’s pretty obvious.

The hanging corpses from the walls, rats and other vermin skittering around the floor away from me as I stirred. The annoying drip drip drip of a leek in the ceiling, and I felt each plop of the mysterious liquid dripping onto my head. It was very dark, so I couldn't see much, and honestly, didn't want to. I didn't want to think of me as the next person to be rotting away here on the wall.

Plus, I was hanging from the ceiling by my arms, having painful ropes tied around my wrists. As soon as I regained consciousness, I had felt the screaming intensity of my shoulder. The hanging had re-opened the wound and I could feel the slippery liquid sliding down my back. I looked down at myself, trying only to move my head and nothing else, and saw I was wearing the dress from my ceremony, the pretty white one, that now had so many stains you couldn't even tell it had been white.

The bottom was torn from when I guess they dragged me in here, and my legs were covered in cuts and bruises. My feet were un-shoed and dangling below me, my nail polish Seana and I had oh-so-carefully applied had chipped away, leaving dirt coated toenails underneath.

Seana! Did she escape? Was Aurora able to fly them out? Or where they in this place with me? I quickly looked around for the fire red hair of Aurora, or the shimmering eyes of Seana. I saw neither of them, and for that I was thankful. I didn't see any of Sylvia or Jallison either, and I let myself let out a small breath and slight relief flowed over me. But they still could be in the Palace, captured. I tried to reach out with my mind to sense Jallison, but I couldn't.

The rooms enchanted. I thought, now able to look around since my eyes had adjusted to the light.

What I saw had me panicked. There were people everywhere. I heard that Julius was merciless, actually I knew it first hand, but this... this was too much. There were men, women, and children hung up on walls and tied to the floor. Some were resorted to bones on the floor while others were slightly fresh. I looked for any sign of life, but there was very little. There was a small old man huddled in the corner, attached to the wall with only one shackle attached to his ankle who seemed to be breathing.

"Sir!" I whispered to him, trying to get some real signs of life from him. "Are you alive? Are you okay?" I kept asking over and over, and after about the seventh time, I was sure I was talking to a corpse when I saw a slight nod of the head. I got excited seeing the man was alive, and began to ask questions about who he was and where we were, seeing if he could speak, but he was now shaking his head, gesturing to his mouth. When I didn't understand, he made an imitation of pulling out his tongue and a sawing motion above it.

They cut out his tongue. I thought in horror. He must have seen my expression, for he nodded sadly and slumped down against the wall.

"Is anyone else in here alive?" I asked him, looking around the dungeon to look for any other survivors when I heard a small voice.

" I-I... I am..." The small voice stuttered. I looked around the room to see a small shape waving to me tiredly. It was a young girl, maybe seven or eight. She wasn't chained to anything, not being thought as a threat, but stayed next to the body of a woman who could only be her mother. From what I could see, they had the same black hair that curled around her cheeks. The girl was clutching her mothers hand and would kick out at any vermin that got to close to the body.

"Oh sweetie... are you okay?" I asked her stupidly. She obviously wasn't, but I always had a soft spot for children. She was skinny as a twig and one of her wrists was bent at an odd angle. She didn't even bother nodding to me in answer to my question, knowing how bad shape she was in.

Yeah, you and me both honey.

"Can you stand?" I asked her, and in return, she stood up and walked up to me, shakily, but walked none the less. I knew this kid was a fighter and I respected that. Her eyes had the same painfully wise look of Sylvia. A knowing look. This little kid has seen more in her small time on earth here than a old man from my town has in his entire life. This girl was one to keep as an ally. She reached up to free my hand, but she was much too short. She grunted and went over into a corner where I saw some bone piled up.

She pulled something over to where I was hanging, and I identified it as a chair.

Made out of bones.

I gasped at it. It had the front half of a ribcage as a seat, with four legs as the actual legs of the chair, feet still attached to add support. The back was made out of a backbone with the back of a ribcage. The whole thing was tied together by something that looked familiarly like braided rope. No... braided hair.

The girl scooted closer to me with the chair and stood up on it. I thought for sure that the chair would collapse under her weight, but it held. The girl skillfully un-tied my hands and jumped down. I knew I wasn't her first prisoner to be let free.

"Whats you name?" I asked her, feeling as if I should have asked her that first. She began to scoot the chair back into the corner with the old man, and turned to me, flashing me smart surprising brown eyes.

"I don't have one" She said with sad longing. This girl never knew who she was. She was born without anything, not even herself.

"Well, what would you like me to call you?" I asked her, curious of her answer.

"Whatever you would like to." She answered vaguely. I had to think. She deserved a name that represented her life. A name that, whenever anyone heard it, they would know this girl was special. I had to have a proper name for her, something for her to have of herself. It hit me. I knew what her name was.

" Your name is Talise. Beautiful water." I don't know where the name came from, but as soon as I thought of the word, I knew what made this girl so special. I could literally see the power glittering off her in silent blue waves...

Waves..

I gasped. Thats why I felt the girl was so important! She had power over water! Don't ask me how I knew, but I did. It was part of the blue waves that were flowing almost transparently... I had looked at her and had known she was special. Now I know why.

" You have a Gift-?"

"SHH!" She shushed me quickly, looking around with wide eyes. The old man did some sign with his hands and she returned it with a sigh of relief.

" I didn't know if it was safe to talk in here... Gorenstien just said it was." Gorenstien??? That was a horrible name... worse than my own. I grimaced at the man in the corner and smiled apologetically. He shook it off with a wave of his hand and said something to Talise in sign language.

"He says that he picked the name himself, thinking it was appropriate. You can call him Gore." She said, and even smiled along when Gore smiled. With all the smiling going on, I felt my own lips twitch up. Pretty soon the smiling turned to chuckling, which turned to full out laughing at the irony of the entire conversation.

That is when it hit me that I couldn't let them stay here.

"You know what? Lets get out of here." I said with a glimmer in my eyes. This is what I'm supposed to be doing! I'm the woman of the prophecy and I will lead the rebellion to freedom!

"Talise, go see if you can find anymore survivors. I'll go free Gore."

Talise nodded, and I saw the spark of hope finally appear in her eyes. This little girl never had a childhood, as did many of these people. I will fight for them, I will free them.

I walked over to Gore, and grabbed the first thing I could find next to him. It was a thigh bone, perfect for smashing chains. I pulled  the chain tight and smashed the bone against it. The sound of bone against metal was unnerving as I struck again and again, hearing the sounds echo against the walls. Finally the first chain broke, but the shackle remained. I figured that we could deal with that later after I got him free from the wall. I moved onto the other chains and soon had them all free.

I turned around to see a small crowd of people surounding me. All looked hopeful and some even had tears in their eyes. .

I smiled at them all and said, "Soon, we shall be free. I will make us free as I am said to be." At some gasps from the crowd, I nodded, somewhat shyly, "Uh... yeah, I'm the girl from the prophecy. I am here to try and give back what you have lost. Here to let you live the life you want without the thought of worry or insecurities. I do it willingly, fully knowing that I could have backed down and done nothing. Yet seeing all your faces," I turned and smiled, tears filling your eyes, " I see that you deserve better. We all do!" I was getting overwhelmed by my task, but as I looked around, seeing all the people around me, backing me up and giving me support, I knew I could do this. We could do this.

A man stepped forward and took my hand, bending onto one knee his kissed it saying,

"My Queen."

Soon others followed, going down on one knee and repeating "My Queen" over and over. This made my eyes overflow with tears as I stood over them, watching them look up to me to free them

And free them I will.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

466 5 26
Werewolves are mythical creatures, right? Wrong, they are real. I am real. The 1 billion of my brethren are real. More powerful through all those ye...
13.3K 399 33
(A/N. I DO NOT own any pictures throughput the book, no copy right intended. Will have Explicit content.) Sweet Katherine, A werewolf vampire hybrid...
1.1M 22.4K 23
Thousands of years ago a Witch fell in love. But this love was not ordinary. She fell in love with a wolf. No one knows how or even why but she had s...