Being The Moonet

By endaysah

• Book ONE in the Elite series Lily Blue is an Elite, a group of 3 gifted females in the hidden werewolf soci... More

DISCLAIMER
Being The Moonet
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 9

24 4 0
By endaysah

Tia Mowry :) as The Moon Goddess^^

°°°
Lily's P.O.V.

After that meeting with the Alpha and Luna of the Blood Moon pack, I've started to get worried about my secret. If the rogues find out who I am, I could get kidnapped. And what if they steal my necklace? Then I wouldn't be able to defend myself.

"Stop chewing your fingernails!" My mom slapped my fingers from my mouth. "Now will you listen to me?"

"Sorry, mom." I pouted and apologized. "Now what were we talking about?"

"Your birthday! For next month? Have you not heard a word that I've said?" She was starting to get a bit mad at my ignorance.

"Sorry, mom." I said again, and this time I turned my attention to her.

"You know what? Never mind. We'll talk about this when you're not clearly this distraught." Mom gave me a squeeze and got up. Taylor walked in as she left.

"Wattup, Ily?" He jumped into the couch and ruffled my hair.

In a huff of annoyance I pushed his hand away. "Stop! I straightened it this morning!"

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"Where's Kara?" I haven't seen her in a while.

"She's been busy hanging out with Amanda," There was something in his voice that told me how he felt.

"You're jealous..." I taunted him. He hushed me up but I only grinned at him.

"And where's Chad?" Taylor asked me this time, leaning forward with a smug smile on his face.

"Speak of an angel and he will appear," Chad appeared and came in to where we were.

His smile greeted me first, followed by a peck on the cheek. Taylor shook his head.

"I'm gonna puke." With that said, he descended.

Chad shrugged and got beside me on the couch. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and I leaned into him, legs tucked underneath me. I inhaled his sweet masculine scent.

"So what you wanna do today?" Chad looked down at me.

"I don't really know," My choices were sloppy and I wasn't always the best when choosing an activity to do with someone.

"How about something we both like. Netflix and chill?" He asked and smirked. Chad knew I was a sucker for Netflix.

"Netflix and chill." I confirmed.

°°°
"So sad," Chad sniffled beside me. I looked up from his chest and into his eyes to see them filled with tears. Somehow Chad and I ended up watching The Notebook. At the beginning he wouldn't quit nagging me about how boring it was going to be. Throughout the middle he was beginning to get interested and now, at the end, he broke.

"Oh my God, Chad!" I couldn't keep myself from smiling at his softness. "Stop crying," I peppered him with soft kisses until his waterworks died down.

"I can't believe I just cried over a romance movie," Chad said incredulously. He shook his head and his cheeks grew pink. "And I can't believe I cried in front of you."

"It happens," I was beaming inside because I was crying too. How could I not? It's The Notebook for crying out loud!

"Well I'm going to take a shower," Chad got up and stretched. "You can join if you want." He winked and I sank my head into the pillow I was holding. I heard Chad chuckle all the way upstairs.

Hauling myself up, I stretched and went off in search of Dylan. As always, I found him with Amanda. They were sitting over sheets of paper, crayons beside them.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" They lifted their heads to look at me.

"We're drawing, sis," Dylan replied and turned his attention back to his paper. He scribbled something before taking it up in his hands and handing it to me.

On it was a drawing of what looked to me and him. At the top, he messily wrote 'Best sister in the world'. I beamed and put on a cheeky grin.

"This is amazing, Dylan. Thank you," I hugged him. I love this kid.

"I drew you something too, Lily." Amanda took her paper to me and it portrayed me, Chad, Amanda and Kara with huge smiles on our faces. Below that she wrote 'Thank you'. I guess she's thanking me for saving her and Kara that day.

"You're welcome, sweetie." I hugged her as well. Then the two went back to drawing. Smiling to myself, I backed away.

Now I have nothing to do.

And that's when my trauma of worrying about my secret being revealed hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Look, if you're that worried, why don't you go investigate that rogue they captured." Chastity suggested, a bit annoyed at my worried state. But it seemed like a good idea so why not.

"I was kidding!" Chastity yelled, trying to stop me from what I was about to do.

"Well too late. Thanks for drilling that into my head,"

"You know you're a very stubborn pup?" She glared. I rolled my eyes at her calling me a pup. Please. I was almost 18. "Yeah. Almost." She piped up again. Time to put up my wall.

I turned in the direction of the dungeon, watching out for anyone who might want to stop me. Once the coast was clear, I cautiously went down the stairs and into the dark space. I was immediately welcomed by darkness, thanking God for the lanterns that were hung up in the corner.

Donovan was sunk into one of the cell's corner, his hands tied behind him. His drooping head looked up in my acknowledgement. His clothes were tattered and dirty and he was bare-footed. I felt bad for him, seeing the condition he was in.

"Hello," I said quietly. My palms were starting to get sweaty and I wiped them on my jeans. The atmosphere seemed to have gotten more draughty as his eyes bore into mine.

"What do you want?" Donovan spat, making me flinch back in fear. But why am I scared? He's the one behind silver bars. This gave me a boost of confidence and I stepped closer.

"Tell me what you know about the Moonet," I tried to say that as demanding as I could.

Donovan let out a cold laugh that sent chills up my spine. "And why would I tell you anything?" He asked, his voice getting angrier within each second.

"Because...I told you to," Okay, that was dumb but I had to get some information out of him.

"Stupid mutt," His fists clenched, and so did mine. "To think that you can just force me to tell you anything."

My nostrils flared. I had to get something out of him, for the pack's and my safety. My eyes searched the room and I almost breathed in relief when I found a long piece of silver on the floor. As I was about to pick it up, I suddenly remembered that normal werewolves were affected terribly by silver, and if I took the silver up in my hands without it hurting me then Donovan would get suspicious. So I took a piece of cloth and wrapped it around the silver where I would hold it and stalked with it towards Donovan.

Upon seeing me, he shuffled back in his cell. I could see the fear in his eyes and I almost felt guilty, but I pushed that back. I pushed the silver through one of the bars until it was a millimeter away from Donovan.

"First question. How did you find out about the Moonet?" He sunk his head away from the silver but with every movement it made back, I pushed farther. I asked him again in a more low and threatening voice.

When he didn't answer I mustered up enough courage a pressed the silver to his face. He screamed in agony and flailed about, begging me to stop. I held it on a while longer until he shouted, "OK! OK! I'll tell you!"

Smirking, I pulled the silver away and looked at Donovan expectantly. On the bottom side of his face was an open wound from his earlobe to his jaw.

"What do you wanna know?" He asked in huge breaths. I thought about it for a while.

"Why do want the Moonet so much? What makes her so special for you?"

"Well looks like you haven't heard any of the stories. Except they're not stories. They're actually real and the Moonet really does exist," I've always heard stories about the Moonet since growing up. It was my favourite story of all time(obviously) and I had my parents read it to me every night. I knew that the Moonet was real but no one else did, until know.

Donovan continued. "She is the most powerful werewolf of all time, under the Moon Goddess of course. She has amazing powers and probably even some that she doesn't know she has."

"What do you want from her?" I asked again.

"To mate and have powerful pups of course," I was so disgusted by that. I don't need some stupid jerk mating with me because, as I've said before, only Chad has that privilege.

"Who sent you to look for the Moonet anyways?" This time he kept quiet and I got irritated. This may give us a lead as to whomever the hell has been sending rogues to look for me.

Fed up with anger, I shoved the silver through the bar once again, sinking it into his chest. It bore a hole through him, blood pouring out but I didn't really care.

"Who sent you?!" My eyes felt like they were starting to get red and I was on the verge of ripping his head off. That's how pissed I was, and I don't get mad too easily.

"The rogue king!" Donovan finally managed to shout out. The rogue king? I've never heard about him. But if he has control over such dangerous wolves then he has to be powerful.

Hearing enough, I pulled the silver out and ran up the stairs. I was so scared. Many more people out there could be trying to defeat me and I have no idea what's in store for me. Anything could happen. I could lose my life, I could lose me family and friends, I could lose Chad.

But I can't let that happen. No, I will not let that happen. I am the Moonet and I have the ability to break down any barrier that comes to me. There was a reason the Moon Goddess chose me and I have to live up to her expectations. For my and the rest of the world's sake. I can do this.

I heaved a sigh of confidence and pulled myself up. Turning the corner, I bumped into someone. Taylor eyed me suspiciously.

"And where are you coming from?" He had his hands on his hips and I giggled, reminded of mom when she's scolding.

"What's so funny?" Then he folded his arms, tilted his head down and raised an expectant eyebrow. I laughed harder this time. Now he looked like dad.

"What?!" He whined, flapping his hands at his sides like Dylan would.

"Nothing." I covered my mouth and made an attempt to walk past him. He hauled me back.

"I saw you coming from the dungeon. What were you doing? Were you talking to that rogue?" He fired questions.

I kept silent, not wanting to say anything.

"Lily," Taylor warned. I have to say something before he forces the entire truth out of me. And trust me, as my brother he can very well do that.

"I just went to see him," That wasn't exactly a lie.

"To see him?" Taylor didn't look too sure and I fidgeted nervously.

"Yeah that's what I said wasn't it?" I laughed as normally as I could and started to walk away from Taylor.

Thank God he didn't stop me.

°°°
Chad's P.O.V.

I looked from my window and sighed. It was still pouring heavily outside, but I'm not really complaining. I love it when the rain falls.

I plopped back on my bed and rested my hands behind my head. I let my mind drift back to the meeting with Josh and Fara and Lily. Lily was acting weird and slightly off ever since we brought up the whole Moonet incident. I have no idea what's going on with her, but it kind of worries me. What if she's hiding something that could harm her? Harm everyone around us. I'm just hoping she'll come around eventually and tell me what's going on with her.

There was a knock on my door. I rested up on my elbows. "Come in!" The door unlocked and Haley came in, a tray in her grasp.

She walked to my bed with a smile. "I know how much you love celery and peanut butter on rainy days," Haley set the tray down in between us, giving me a view of the bag of celery and jar of peanut butter. It was our favourite thing to eat on days like this and it reminded me of our childhood memories as brother and sister.

"Thanks, Hales." I nudged her playfully and ripped open the bag, taking out a celery stick. Haley took the lid off the jar and I dipped my stick in there, taking up as much peanut butter as I could. Then I ate it. I smiled at the scrumptious taste.

Haley seemed to be enjoying hers too. We stayed like this for a while in silence, apart from the beating rain outside and... Haley's annoying chewing sound.

"Haley!" I whined. She gave me a 'What?' look. "Your chewing is annoying me, you know?" She rolled her eyes but calmed her noises.

"Sooo," Haley drawled. She sounded as if she wanted to start up a conversation.

"So?" I wondered. She bit off another piece of her peanut butter covered celery.

"Louis, huh?" She bobbed her head up and down.

"What about Louis?" I was concerned. Why would she bring up Louis all of a sudden?

"Nothing. Just," She started to twirl the fringes on her shirt. "We were hanging out today, and he told me something," I sat up straight.

"What did he tell you?" My suspicion was at it's peak. What could Louis possibly have told Haley to make her act like this?

"It's not a big deal, Chad. Just...that...he and I...are...mates." She looked up at me hesitantly behind her hair.

My eyes widened as I registered what she just said. Louis, one of my best friends and my Third, and my little sister are mates?! I was happy for her, for them both. But what hit my lid was that Louis turned 16 before we came back here. So he knew about it all along and didn't tell me.

I jumped up without thinking and flew outside my bedroom and down the hall to look for Louis. Haley was calling after me, begging me to stop whatever I was about to do. When I stopped at his door, I could hear music being played. I allowed myself into his room, him looking up from his bed at the sight of me.

I hauled him up aggressively and pushed his back up against the way. He winced from the impact while Haley cried out.

"You knew! You knew all along!" I shouted in his face, a bit angry.

"I didn't know how to tell you!" He shouted back.

"She's my little sister! And my best friend's mate! Don't you think I should've known?" Haley was sobbing softly by the door but there was nothing she could do about it.

"That's why I didn't tell you. Because you're so protective of her! But that's okay because she's still MINE, and I'm going to love her no matter what you think." I looked into Louis's eyes, and I could tell he wasn't lying. I know that Louis was a good guy and I was pretty blinded by my sudden brotherly instinct.

I let him go and he fell to the floor. Haley rushed to his side and held him in her chest. Great. Now I feel bad.

"Hey, I'm sorry, man." I muttered sheepishly. I barely knew what to say. He looked at me, gasping, but didn't say anything. Haley's eyes bored into mine with tears and a fiery look. I'll talk to them later. I ran a hand through my hair in frustration and walked out of his room.

Outside, Lily was leaned back on the wall next to the room. When she saw me she wrapped me in a comforting embrace. I hugged her back tightly.

"Hey, hey, don't beat yourself up. You were just concerned," Lily rubbed smooth circles in my back. Having her in my arms made all the difference in the world.

"I screwed up," I groaned.

"No, you just didn't think," She said a bit sternly. "People usually act off of their instincts, and you were only pissed because your sister is soon in a relationship. You care about her and you don't want her to get hurt. Trust me, I would know." I'm guessing she's talking about Taylor.

"It doesn't matter. Now Haley hates me because of how I dealt with her mate, and I'm pretty sure my best friend won't want to talk to me. I'm so stupid." I flinched when Lily smacked my arm.

"Stop talking about yourself like that! You're not stupid, you're overprotective. Completely different attributes. You made a mistake. So what? They'll eventually come around, just give them some time."

Just give them some time.

I needed some time to get over my act.

°°°
Haiii! Soooo.... I got nothing:(
Oh! Sorry for the late update (been busy) but here's yo chapter. Hope y'all enjoy it.

Pleas vote or comment or both!

-°°°ndasa°°°

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 6.4K 12
Jess is a werewolf chosen by the Moon Goddess to lead 3 packs to survival along with her women mate. Can her and her mate be ready when the time come...
463K 13.3K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
581 44 19
<> BOOK ONE of The Forbidden Series <> The Night Fury and Lunar Eclipse packs have battled over territory for centuries. Chloe Gillman is the little...
37 5 9
Lily started her life out rough, but she tried to not let it stop her from being happy, unfortunately with her unique qualities she is always haunted...