Life as a Royal

By anne_hicklson

I sat hunched over with my thumb up, staring blankly into the night. Car after car drove by, too busy to noti... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
SORRY!

CHAPTER EIGHT

106 3 0
By anne_hicklson

Anonymous

The town around us has no idea what is about to happen, and hopefully they won't even notice. I have a plan for everything that could possibly happen. I stand in a corner scanning people's faces, waiting for the right one, the signal. This seems like a very cliché moment, but I have been sent on this mission for a very good reason. I am the only one that can do this job. A women with long grey hair approaches me. That's it. I move into position and just as expected I'm met with a pair of dark green eyes.

The basket he held is now on the ground along with its contents he just got from the market. "I'm so sorry sir. Forgive me. Here let me help." I say in my best panicked voice. "It's okay ma'am. I got it." His smooth voice and accent took me off guard for a split second. I bent down and reached for some fruits to pick up. We picked up the contents without speaking.

One orange was left on the ground. My fingers wrap around it when I feel warmth surround my hand leading up my arm and through the rest of my body. I look up and his deep green eyes are on me. I said I had a plan for everything, but I do not have a plan for this. This was unexpected. He slowly pulls his hand away and the cold fills in where warm used to be. I shivered and popped back up, handing him the fruits I grabbed. But I kept one to myself to see if he would notice.

I smiled and walked off, but not too far before he turned me back around. "I'd like my apple back ma'am." His smooth voice sent another shiver down my spine. "Right. Sorry about that." I said, but his facial expressions told me he didn't fall for it. I guess he really is a professional.

As I stride off I can still feel his gaze on me and my heart refuses to slow down. I was not prepared to possibly have a thing for one of the people I'm supposed to be against.

Someone bumps my arm and I turn around ready to snap but freckle face continuously muttering sorrys interrupts me. "I'm so sorry please forgive me." She said repeatedly. Hoping she wouldn't recognize me, I shrugged and walked away.

I walk into the cold building in the middle of town. The perfect place to hide something is in plain sight. People glance at me as I walk in and I go straight to the bathroom. Looking around me I tap on the glass in front of me. It vibrates a little and then stops. I walk into the third stall and push on the wall next to the toilet. It twists into another room and my eyes are greeted with tv screens that monitor the whole town, metal walls and people in chairs with headsets.

"Welcome back. Did you make your first encounter?" Said my boss. Her long, straight blonde hair laid over her firm shoulders. She walked beside me with power and strength and her heels clicked with every step. "Yes ma'am. It went exactly as expected. Just testing the waters as you said. I also ran into the girl. She did not recognize me." I said as we turned a corner.  She glanced and nodded at me. "Good. You know the rest of the plan. Get on with it and keep me updated."

"Yes ma'am" I turned around as she kept walking with her head high. I made it to my desk and pulled up the town square footage. Scanning the crowd I finally found him. It bugs me that she is always with him. I monitor them until they go back to their hotel. Once I clock out I walk out a door into a big parking lot. Getting into my car, I drive home.

Chrystal

After I catch up with Braden we continue to shop and visit in the town square. He wanted to go straight to the King and Queen, or my parents I guess, but I told him to wait. I love the square, everyone here is nice and polite, unlike L.A. "Would you like some fresh bread ma'am?" Said and older man, his scruffy cheeks stretching as he smiled at us. "No thank you." Said Braden and I elbowed him in the side and glared at him. I turned my attention back to the old man and smiled bigger."Of course we would. How much would it be?"
He waved his hand at us and turned toward a shelf filled with steaming bread.

As he turned his back I dug in my purse and got out 41.03 Norwegian Krone (five dollars in America) and placed it under a decorative paper holder. I had done this many other times before. He faces us again with a wrapped loaf of bread. Braden took it and nodded. "Thank you sir." He said and I smiled and waved as we walked away. "Do you really have to do that every time?" He nagged as he put the bread in the basket along with everything else we got.

"Yes I do. It's called being nice, and besides if I'm going to be...you know...then I have to know how to treat the towns people. This might be the only time I will be in town before they all recognize me as their pr- like I said you know. Anyway what's the big deal Braden we have more money." I said as I wrapped my arm around his and we walked down the streets. "Your going to be a good princess." He said low enough for only me to hear.

I looked up at him and his loving green eyes were already looked back at me. We stared into each other's eyes and I was consumed with warmth. How can he do this to me. He makes me feel like I am actually needed in this world. I lift my self up on my tip toes and lean in as he bends his head down to mine. His hand caresses my cheek and I bring my arms around his neck and play with his hair. Our breathing matches and his lips brush mine. I lean in more and rest my forehead against his and take a deep breath. "We can't do this here." I whisper. We are breathing the same exact air, but I still feel like I need to be closer to him.

Sadly, I fall back down to my feet and slide my arms down his chest and drop them to my sides. He takes some deep breathes and holds is arm out for me to take. "Shall we go and find Robbie then?" He said as I wrap my hand around his perfectly molded arm. "We shall." I reply and we head towards our assigned meeting point.

We walk up the steps and approach a guard. "What is your business with the royal family?" He said. Braden looked at me. "This is Princess Chrystal Lizabeth Diamond." The guards eyes widen and he rushes to the door. Pushing it open he says, "Please, come in your highness. I shall lead you to the King and Queen." We followed him down many hallways and somehow ended up in a big dinning room. The room was gorgeous. The floors where a dark, hard wood and a deep red carpet was laid under a long table. A bright chandelier was hanging above the scene before me.

My attention is turned back to the table as someone clears their throat. "Who is this and is it necessary to bring them to our breakfast?" Said a tall, sturdy man. His voice was as deep as the sea and his eyes a blackish color. He was full of power. "Sir" he grabs me and pulls me forward, "This is your daughter, the princess, she has returned." He said joyously. "Is that so?" Said the woman sitting next to the man who spoke first. She had long wavy, fiery red hair and hazel eyes. Her freckles were faded and she wore her experiences, but she looked exactly like me. She is my mother.

My breathe hitches and Braden rests his hand on my back to reassure me. "Come here." Said my father. His thundering voice made me jump, but I'm not one to disobey. I take slow, unsteady steps towards them. The stretched table beside me made it seem like they were a mile away.

"Stop. That's close enough. I already know your not my daughter, she would never be this scared and fragile. Be gone and don't bother us again or I will kick you out myself. "But, sir, your highness. Pardon me, but you can not tell whether or not I am your daughter just because I am scared. You do not know what life I have lived. You do not know what I have been through. Now, I pray you accept my suggestion and get a blood test done, or look at your wife and then me. How could we not be related?" I said still facing him but glancing at my mother.

He breathed fury,"You certainly are not my daughter. My daughter would not go against my orders, or have that kind of attitude with her father. I don't know you and I never will. I don't know what your looking for, whether it's love, attention, money, I don't know, but you won't get any here" he said and continued to eat his breakfast. I held my breath and turned around. I walked out with my head held high and Braden looked at me, concern overcame him. "I'm fine. Don't look at me like that Braden." I said. "I don't know what you mean." He replied. I stopped and turned to him, "Stop looking at me like a porcelain toy that could break any minute now. I'm fine okay? I don't need you to act like you care any more." He breathed out and said,"Good. I got tired of acting." And walked out the door.

I sat up and rubbed the tears away from my eyes. Braden was instantly beside me gliding his hand back and forth on my back. I looked down and started to cry again. I know it was a dream, but what if it happens, what if Braden really doesn't care about me? What if my real parents don't want me either? Braden lifted my chin with his thumb and index finger and he wiped away my tears.

Pulling me into a hug he kissed the top of my head and asked me what was wrong. After I told him everything he was quiet. "Please say something." I said worried that the dream came true. He leaned forward and pulled me to him. Our lips connected and so did our souls. The kiss was wet, but passionate and it told me exactly what I needed to hear. I wrapped my arms around his neck and ran my fingers up this hair.

He moaned and managed to pulled me closer. We both pulled back for air and I looked into those beautiful green eyes for any guilt, lie, or shame, but there was none. Instead, love and passion took their places. "I love you." I whisper as I catch my breath. His eyes widen in shock and so do mine. Yes, I have said it before, but this time I know for sure I mean it. How could I not?

My heart almost bursts when he whispers back,"I love you too Chrystal Lizabeth Diamond. And there is nothing you can do to change that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.5K 1.9K 12
"We shouldn't be doing this." I croaked, torn between my inner voice of reason, and the irresistible desire that had been building up within. In deni...
16.6M 310K 26
He leaned in closer, if that was even possible, his spearmint breath fanning across my face. My breathing got caught in my throat as he lowered his m...
8.7M 227K 65
WARNING! This story was my first (unedited/draft). Grammer, plot, etc is messy so please beware! thank you :))) - He couldn't get enough of the emera...
3.5M 97.2K 41
There was something about him. Or maybe there was something about me. I didn't want him in my life but he ran into it; literally. He liked to hide in...