Insatiable

By smooonie

Jax Keen is in love. In love with a girl is who is not only destined for a bright future, but the only girl... More

Author's Note
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
Epilogue
End Note
Authors Q&A

7

9K 409 86
By smooonie

Yesterday Maliah left my house after we ate dinner. It was nice that she stayed that long because I really didn't want anything to happen again. My parents ignored me, like usual, when they realized she was staying for dinner. I got to eat in peace, for once. I didn't want her to leave though.

Today's Friday, finally, but Maliah isn't here today. She has an important doctor's appointment today so I have to try and make it through the day without her. I hate when she doesn't come to school. These days are rare, but I feel like everything is amped up when she isn't here. I get annoyed faster and my mood gets worse with every passing class.

I stand by my locker and sigh. I could leave right now, actually. The only benefit of Maliah not being here is that I can skip class with no issue.

"Hey Jax. That promise was poorly kept."

I turn to Hielee, whose light brown v-neck shirt is a little too low down her chest. Her hair is down today. She doesn't look too happy with me and I feel like shit because I totally forgot about the texting thing, again. That's what happens when you get jumped and then baby sat by Maliah all in one day.

I sighed, "I'm sorry ... I got bombarded yesterday with some shit."

She eyed me, probably noticing my lip, "Yeah, you look like shit."

I forced a smile, "Thanks."

"How about you make it up by ditching this place with me?"

I looked around, "Uh ..."

"Is Maliah here?" She asked randomly.

"No," I answered quickly. "She's not."

She reaches for my hand and grabs hold of my fingers, "Then we should probably go."

I'm pretty dumbfounded at this point, "Huh?"

"So ... let's go?"

"Go where?"

"I have my decal, finally. We can go anywhere."

I nod my head, realizing that its either now or never, "Alright. Let's go."

She smiled and pulled me along. I hope this day turns out good. Maliah also doesn't need to find out about this. She'll really dislike Hielee afterwards and probably consider her a bad influence.

Getting outside without anyone seeing us was easy. Its a great thing the camera's don't work. I'd probably have a few suspensions under my belt if they did.

Hielee has an old black Volkswagon. It looks like some parts were replaced though, like the radio and the rims. The seats are perfect. Her car is probably the cleanest car I've ever seen. I'm no car freak though, so I don't know much about anything.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

"I don't know, where do you wanna go?"

I shrugged, "My parents are at my place so ..."

"My Mom is working until six so, my place? I have enough snacks for the both of us."

Can't argue with free snacks, "I love free snacks."

She smiled, "My place it is."

I've never been to anyone else's house before with the exception of Maliah. Maliah's house is my second house, can't say the same about her parents though.

"Can I asked what happened to your lip?" She said.

"Ate the pussy too hard." I responded dryly.

She chuckled lightly, "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah. Go hard or go home right? Gotta make her cum as many times as possible before she pisses in your mouth on accident."

She pulled up to a red light and made eye contact with me, "So you wanna tell me the truth?"

I decided to keep it short and sweet, "I got into another fight yesterday ..."

"How come?"

"They came at me first. One had a bat. Had to do something because that fucking bat wasn't touching me."

She nodded, "I'm glad you survived. I probably would've freaked out."

"Its not the first time I wound up in some unfair situation. Life's a whore who doesn't let me cum."

**

"So this is my place," Hielee said, standing in the middle of her kitchen.

She has a really small house. The size of this kitchen is just about as big as my room. Its nice though. You don't get any dead people vibes and shit. In my house all you feel is a thickening tension that drives you up the wall.

"Its nice." I said.

She gave me an awkward smile, "Your house is ten times bigger than this huh?"

I laughed, "Yeah, but, no point to have big house when its just filled with shit."

She folded her arms and cocked her head to the side. Maliah does this when she's trying to figure out if I'm lying or not, "Can I ask you a personal question?"

I shrugged, figuring it can't get any worse than being questioned about Maliah, "Sure."

"Do you have a good relationship with your parents?" She asked softly.

I shook my head, "Nope."

She nodded, looking kinda sad, "Can I ask why?"

"I wasn't the favorite and my brother died so ... things just went south. My Dad and I have a really shitty relationship so I don't bother with him. My Mom is just a ball of paranoia that I don't want to indulge in."

She frowned, "Your brother died? I'm so sorry."

"Its okay. I've made my peace with it, but they haven't."

"I don't blame them ... I can't imagine losing a child, you know?"

"Yeah, whatever. Anything else you wanna know?"

"That's it. For now."

"So what about you? You have a good relationship with your parents?" I asked. Might as well find some info about her too.

"I have a good relationship from with my Mom. My father isn't in my life, so. Its just me and mama Garcia." She answered.

"Well its good that you have your Mom, you know."

She smiled, "It is good. Want some beer?"

It takes me a second to understand her question. Beer? At nine in the morning? I can't even remember the last time I put a bottle to my mouth.

One won't hurt me though and its free, "What kind?"

"I have Budweiser and Corona."

"Can I take both?"

"Yeah. If you want."

"Nice," I smiled. "I haven't drank in a little while so I may just get a buzz."

She smiles back and turns to her refrigerator. When she opens it I can see all the beer at the bottom row. Now I'm curious as to why they have so much beer in the first place. Does her Mom let her drink?

"So ... you like drinking?" I asked watching her pull out some glass bottles.

She turns to me and hands me both bottles of beer, "Just beer. My Mom doesn't really mind because that's all she drinks, but I don't drink often if that's what you're asking."

I grab them as they instantly ice my hands up, "No judgement here. Just never seen so much beer in one fridge."

She smirked with two Corona's in her hand, "C'mon, let's go to my room."

I follow her as she walks out of this little kitchen. This place is pretty tight and claustrophobic. Her room is kinda in the middle of the house. There's another room right across from her which I'm assuming is her Mom's room. There's no real space between them either. Probably one skip if I'm being nice.

I rest my eyes on this red velvet bed set. It looks so ... sexy and sensual. I've never seen a bed set look this good before. Her bed is also bigger than mine, which is disheartening to say the least. She has a small ass house and room with a big ass bed. Meanwhile I live in some mansion looking house and I have a twin bed.

Her two windows have blinds, so its pretty dim in here. She doesn't have a T.V. or any other piece of technology in here for that matter. Her room is basically spotless, not that I was assuming she was dirty or anything. It just surprises me when people actually have time to clean their rooms.

She places her bottles on her bed and sits down. I join her, kicking off my shoes and eyeing my surroundings. I'm so used to being in Maliah's bed that this bed doesn't feel right to me. My own bed even feels unfamiliar sometimes.

"You alright? You look nervous. I hope I'm not making you nervous." She said.

I scoffed, "Your room is amazing."

"So its my room that has you in awe? Hm ..."

"Hm, what?"

She shrugged and popped open a bottle, "Just didn't think you were that easy to impress."

I smirked, catching her flirtatious drift, "Trust me, I'm not."

She eyed me and then looked at my beer, "Need help opening your bottle?"

I shook my head and pealed the Budweiser cap off with no issue, "Does it look like I need help?"

She sipped her beer and smiled, "Sorry I asked."

"Tell me, why were you so eager to get me to ditch with you?" I asked. "I'm a pretty bad influence last time I checked."

"Well you don't text me so, I figured I'd have to get you alone some how."

I nodded, appreciating her honesty, "Why me and not someone else?"

She shrugged and took another sip of her Corona, "Well you're the first person that's caught my attention."

"Well what about me caught your attention?"

"Everything."

"Everything like?"

"Like your style." She answered.

I finally put the bottle to my lips and sipped, this taste was almost forgotten to my buds, its good, "Valid enough."

She winked, "So tell me. What type of girls do you like?"

"Uh, attractive ones? I don't know. I usually don't find anyone that I like, so ..."

She shrugged, "Understandable."

"I've never had a girlfriend either so ... I'm pretty inexperienced in all areas of being a normal teenager." I added.

She burped, "Relationships are good and all, but you have to remember all good things come to an end. Whether you break up or one of you dies."

I don't think I've ever heard Maliah burp before, "Hot burp and yeah I know. It'd still be nice to have one though."

She smiled and moved closer to me, "I'd expect you to be the last person on earth to want a relationship."

I eye her carefully. Hielee is seriously hot ... everything I know about her is. From the way her hair kinda just floats seamlessly to the light coffee color of her skin and her small Spanish accent that slips out when she says certain words. Its hard to believe someone like this is flirting with me to say the least.

And she seems to assume a lot of things, "What person did you expect me to be?"

She sized me up, "I don't know. You look like you're not into cliche's."

"Relationships are cliche?"

She took a sip of her beer, "Are they not?"

"Hmm ..." I hummed. "Yeah, guess you have a point."

After probably about an hour of talking and drinking several beers, I caught a mean fucking buzz. It feels good though. A part of me misses my old habits a little. The highs were nice and so were the free drugs and drinks.

I lay down on Hielee's bed. I take a deep breath and stretch. I'm pretty tired and I wouldn't mind a little nap right about now. I also wouldn't mind another beer, but I should probably stop before my inhibitions get any lower.

"Is sex really as good as people say it is?" I asked staring at the ceiling and imagining Maliah naked.

"It's good, but I guess its better with someone you like or love." She answered.

"You wanna know something?"

"Sure." She responded, suddenly leaning over into my view.

I sighed, "I've never kissed anyone before."

She gave me an odd look, "Really? You see I figured you've done at least that much."

I break the eye contact that's just too much for me at the moment, "No ... not even that."

"Well is there a reason?"

Is there a reason? I try to remember any opportunities I've had and there's none coming to mind. I'm not counting the many times I wanted to kiss Maliah or maybe that's the reason right there. All this time I've been waiting for her lips. I've always wanted Maliah to be my first kiss, but I'm smart enough to know it won't happen. So why am I still beating a dead horse?

So I lied instead, "Nope."

"I'm sorry." She said quietly.

"Its okay. No one knows that though. So don't go around telling my embarrassing ass secret." I warned.

"No one knows, except for Maliah? Right?"

My stomach turns to her name. I really hate when Hielee brings her up. Why the fuck does it matter anymore?

There's a few issues I have with drinking even when I'm just buzzed. I don't think before I speak and I'm naturally just blunt so the two don't mix. Its like oil and water trying to make babies.

"Why do you ask about Maliah so much?" I said in a tone that sounded a little mean, I guess.

"I didn't mean to ... make it like that. I just know you guys are close and -"

I sit up and let the beer adjust. I didn't even bother to eat anything, "Well stop bringing her up because she's not here. She's not important."

She pulled her hair behind her ears and said softly, "I'm sorry."

I shrugged, "She's my best friend. She knows everything there is to know about me and you keep prying into it like there's something more and shit. Like you're going to find some fucking treasure."

She stood quiet allowing my half drunk ass to keep going, "What do you expect when she's the only person who cares about me? I don't even care about me and I probably never will. It should never be that way, but it is."

She finally responded, "Are you trying to tell me something?"

"Yeah! I am actually! I'm trying to tell you that I have no goddamn depth, Hielee. There's nothing to figure out. I'm not a puzzle. I'm as flat as you can get."

She shook her perfect head, "That's not true. I know its not."

"My own fucking parents could give two shits about me. I became invisible to them once that god like kid was born. It was fuck Jax, that faggot piece of shit who doesn't have plans after high school. Fuck Jax. Fuck her to hell. She doesn't exist."

I felt my cheeks becoming wet and I thought I was sweating until I realized that tears were actually coming out of my eyes. Hielee doesn't look surprised, but not really giddy either. She wanted to know so much about me, well there she has it.

"And you know, all the times I was close to dying and didn't, I thought that maybe I'm here for a reason. You wanna know the real reason I'm here? Maliah. So you know what, I guess I understand why you're so curious about her. She's one hell of a fucking girl."

"I would've saved you too, Jax."

"Why?"

"Because like everyone, you deserve a chance to be loved and cared for and I care."

I looked away and mumbled, "Don't waste your time."

She grabbed my chin and turned my head back to her, "Do you know why I'm so eager to talk to you all the time?"

"Because you're lonely?"

"No, silly. Because I like you."

I stare at her. Nothing is adding up in my head right now and my buzz isn't helping. I suspected that she did, but her actually admitting into existence is shocking. My thoughts are just my hopelessness, but I guess this is real.

"You like me?" I repeated.

She nodded, blushing a little, "I like you, Jax."

"I'm really nothing special." I argued.

She rolled her eyes, "Neither am I."

"Well ... now what?" I asked, truly clueless.

She shrugged, "Nothing. I just want you to know that someone other than Maliah cares. I know that might not mean much ... but you should know. I like everything about you so far and I'm not asking anything of you."

"Good cause I can't give much."

"All I want is your friendship."

I nodded and sniffled, "I could use a new friend."

She wiped my tears with her thumbs, "I'll be that new friend for you and don't worry, I won't tell anyone that you got buzzed and started crying either."

I eyed her, "Technically not crying."

"There's tears coming out of your eyes. That's crying."

"No," I argued. "I didn't sit here and ball my eyes out."

"Whatever you say, Jax."

I sigh and lay back down. I should probably build a tolerance to drinking again. This was embarrassing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 565 39
Gosh, I'm so pathetic. I feel like I relate everything happening to me, back to Cody. It's probably because he and I were always together. But I real...
1M 39.4K 61
After disappearing for the rest of her senior year, Nova is an enigma most people don't want to mess with. She thought she could come back to school...
186K 8.3K 22
She's got the looks, the money, and the recognition, but she's missing one thing. On the outside, Mya Stone has the perfect life anyone would be envi...
262K 10.4K 52
Five months later, after starting over with North, Allie is finding out that she may not be cut out for a new lifestyle so soon. Creating a new begin...