The Rogue's Mate

By CeCeAnnT

Alpha's aren't all that. Trust me. More

The Rogue's Mate
Eyes Of A Killer.
Always.
Playing With Fire.
True Or False.
Actions Speak Louder Than Words.
Purgative.
Blackmail At It's Best.
Party Gone Wrong.
Trouble On The Horizon.
Somebody I Used To Know.
Expect The Unexpected.
Ricochet.
Mind Over Matter.
The Devil In Disguise.
Wide Awake.
Dancing With Danger.
Portraying Innocence.
Kiss Me Slowly.
Speak.
She Will Be Loved.
If I Die Young.
Misery Loves Company.
Seven Nation Army.
The A Team.
Love & Be Loved.
Forgive & Forget.
The Truth.
In The End.
Rogues on the Run - The sequel is up!

Painting & Plotting.

116K 2.8K 538
By CeCeAnnT

      After six period, Ms. J leads Liam and I to the art wing where she informs us we'll be working on the back drops indefinitely.

When we arrive there, the whole room is like my personal haven.

Huge canvas are everywhere, all different kinds of paints, pencils, sketchpads, everything you could ever need. Or well, anything I could ever need.

I take a seat and Ms. J begins to describe to me the whole scene of the play. It's mid-evil like, from what I learn.

I grab a sketchbook and began to sketch what she says, trying to picture it all. Once I'm done, I show them to her and she nods eagerly, grinning, "It's perfect!" She says. And I meekly smile back at her.

When she's done giving us the whole down on everything, she exits, but not before stopping and saying, "And oh, Ronnie, I hope you don't mind but I used that picture you had painted in class and hanged it up in the hall way."

"What painting?" My eyebrows furrow and I take a step towards her, peering out the door to the long hallway that's covered in numerous paintings. All the paintings are so different and.. beautiful. All the paintings are so colorful, and light. So mine's bound to stick out.

I catch sight of it and my eyes widen.

Liam. That's what the painting was of. The one I painted when I was so out of it. Oh god.

"Painting?" Liam echoes and walks over to where me and Ms. J are. Ms. J smiles at him and points it out. But it's not like she needs to me. Mine sticks out like a sore thumb.

I close my eyes and groan lowly, Why Ms. J? Why?

"Wow," He breathes and I open my eyes to look up at him to see his face full of astonishment. He takes a step away from us and makes his way to the painting.

He stops when he's in front of it. I find it slightly humours as the green eyes in portrait stare right back at him.

"It's beautiful, isn't it? Ronnie has some real talent." Ms. J inquires and look over at me a small grin, she reaches out and gently pats my shoulder, "I should get going, anyway. Make sure to lock up when your done." She tosses a set of keys to me and with that, she's gone.

I sigh and toy with the keys in my hand, turning back to Liam. He traces the painting with his fingertips. I suck in a breath when he glances over his shoulder at me and asks, "Is this me?"

I swallow roughly. "No, why would it be you?"

He raises a eyebrow at me and looks between the painting and I. "Then why do we have the same eye colour?"

"A coincidence, perhaps." I mock his words from the other day, "Is it that big of a deal? Come on. Let's get to work."

When he doesn't move, I grip his hand and tug him back into the room. I make him help me out with spreading out the large canvas and grip a pencil between my teeth. I take off my shoes and socks, tossing them to the side before I start to get to work.

I keep my smaller sketch by my side the whole time. I look back to it as a reference of sorts and slowly transfer it all onto the canvas.

But It's not as easy to concentrate with Liam staring me down from his position at a desk. I look up at him multiple times to see him watching me, each time, he keeps his gaze with me. I'm always the one who chickens out and looks away.

I sigh once I'm done with one half of the canvas and lean back to examine my work.

I brush back a stray hair that had fallen out of my braid and purse my lips. "What do you think?" I ask Liam and glance up at him.

His eyes dart to the paper and he examines for a minute or two before he shrugs, "It's nice, I suppose."

"You're really great help," I drawl sarcastically. "What the hell are you doing anyway? Aren't you supposed to be helping?"

"I am," He says, "Supervising is hard work, you know?"

I scuff. How is sitting down with your feet propped up on a desk and leaning back in a chair hard work? "Why'd you even sign up for this if you weren't going to do nothing?"

"So I get to to be with you," He admits. "Don't you want to hang out with me too, princess?"

"No," I lie, "I want peace and quiet. If you're not going to help, than leave."

"What happens if I still don't want to help and won't leave?"

"I'll tell Ms. J you're a lazy, incompetent, egotistical, ass-"

"I get it," He says, cutting me off in mid sentence.

I glower at him, "Do you really?" I thrust the pack of pencils in his direction. "If you do, than you'll get down on your knees and help me draw this."

He stays seated for a minute and I raise a eyebrow at him, challenging him to test me. He stands finally and grabs the pack of pencils - while keeping his eyes on me the whole time - and pulls one out. He kneels down by the edge of the canvas and glumly asks, "What do I draw?"

I smirk in triumph and gesture to the notebook by my side. He places it by his side and we fall into a silence. The only thing that's heard is the pencil scrapping against  the paper. I'm able to concentrate enough that I get most of the work down. Once my knees began to ache so much from crawling around on the floor is when I decide to relax.

Liam doesn't rest though. Instead he works on the canvas with knitted eyebrows in concentration and also frustration. He has a death grip on the pencil as he tries to copy my portrait from my sketchbook. He lets out numerous curses under his breath and erases furiously each minute or two. Than the pencil ends up in snapping in half.

"Damn it!" He hisses and chucks the broken pencil along with the others. I don't flinch like I did the first time or two. I watch in amusement as he breaks yet another one and tosses it to the side. I stop him before he can get another pencil and break that one in half too.

"Your strokes are too hard." I tell him, "Hold the pencil a little more lightly. And just let it flow."

"Easy for you to say, little miss Picasso." He mutters and grasps another pencil, again, he breaks it. I sigh and decide not to be heartless.

I move back down the floor and clasp my hand around his much larger one. I press myself to his side, ignoring the tingles that threaten to overwhelm me and lead his hand down to the paper. "Let me help you."

He nods stiffly and surprisingly, he lets me direct his movements. I gently show him how to stroke the pencil properly, and once the picture slowly starts to appear perfectly, I smile lightly. "Beautiful."

"Very." His minty breath brushes my cheeks, causing a shiver to ripple up my back. My breath catches in my throat and I turn slowly to where are noses touch and our breaths mix. "You have a smudge on your face," He mutters and I reach up to rub it away. But he beats me to it.

His fingers graze my cheekbone lightly, even by this small little touch, all my senses seems to come awake and I feel myself suddenly heating up.

He rubs his thumb over the spot where he claims the smudge is and keeps eye contact with me the whole time. I let out a shaky breath when he leans down further and his lips are just a inch away from me. If I leaned further just a inch more, I could catch his lips with mine. The thought is tempting and just like him, we forget about the canvas.

I remove my hand from his, only to replace it by pressing my hand to his face. My heart nearly leaps out of my chest when he turns his head lightly to nuzzle his face into my hand. His lips brush the inside of my palm.

I run my finger down his nose and his cheekbones, just like he had done to me seconds ago, my finger on their on account trail to his forehead where I stare intently on the scar above his eyebrow. I hesitantly place my hand closer to the scar and watch his face for any sign that I should back away, but all he does is watch me with those green eyes of his.

I run my fingers all around it, before I inch closer and touch it. Even though the scar appears to be incredibly rugged, It's not. The skin is smooth as I trace my finger over it. Just how he had traced his finger over the painting of him in the hall way.

He sighs and presses a kiss to my wrist, causing me to shudder. I withdraw my fingers slowly and lean into him again with parted lips, practically begging that he kiss me. We seem to have the same train of thought since his eyes fall to my lips as well.

We lean in slowly, almost too slowly for my liking. And all I can think is, this is it. I'm going to kiss Liam Farley.

Even that thought doesn't snap me out of my trance. I just find myself wanting it more. Wanting him more.

He leans, ready to capture my lips when I hear a shriek. "You skank! This is why you were late! Trying to make your move on Liam."

I gasp and whirl around to see Anna in the door way with raised eyebrows and a wide grin on her face. I flush, I can only imagine how this looks. I'm practically sitting on Liam's lap while he has his hand wrapped around my waist while his other hand is pressed against my cheek.

Everyone's silen't for a minute. We all stare back at forth at one another, probably pondering on what to say. I draw in a breath, ready to make up some stupid excuse. But Liam beats me to it.

"It's exactly what it looks like."

Anna let's out a loud laugh. And I glance at Liam, glowering at him. I wrench myself away from him and stand up, crossing my arms over my chest. "It's not. I can explain, exactly."

"I can too," Liam says, "Ronnie was teaching me how to.. draw. Yeah, that's what we can call it."

Anna laughs harder and clutches her stomach, "Ronnie obviously did a good job. I mean how, I can just feel the sexual te-"

"Were supposed to be going to the mall, right?" I snap, cutting her off before she can blurt that sentence that will cause me nothing more than embarrassment.

Anna nods, "Yeah. We were supposed to leave thirty minutes ago. I was waiting for you, but figured you got caught up with.. something.. so I decided to come look for you," She says, "Are you still up to it?"

No. I want to stay here and kiss that boy senseless, you idiot. "Yeah," I nod and collect my stuff, and shrug on my socks and shoes. I avoid eye contact with Liam the whole time. I grab my beg and put it over my shoulder. "Let's go." I make my way to dart out of the room when Anna grabs my forearm. I look over at her questioningly to see her eyeing Liam.

"What are you gonna do, Liam?"

"I don't know," He mutters and pushes himself from the ground, regaining his composure. "Probably just go home and chill out."

"That sounds boring," Anna chimes and she flashes me mischievous grin at me. Don't you dare- "Why don't you come to the mall with us? We need a guys opinion on the dresses, anyway."

Damn you Anna, damn you!

"Well-" Liam begins, but is stopped when I start to rapidly shake my head.

"No, no. You don't have to. I'm sure you have better things to then go to the mall and watch us shop. Right? Right. Come on, Anna." I tug on her hand, begging her with my eyes that we just leave. She refuses and swats my hand away.

"Nonsense! You coming, Liam?"

Liam doesn't miss a beat. Instead, he smirks and says, "Who's car are we taking?"

                                                      We end up taking Liam's car. Which turns out to be a old school mustang. We could have taken Anna's beetle, but Liam could barely fit in there.  Because of how freaking tall he was. And how much muscle he was packing.

I was mostly silent the ride. Anna wasn't. She was chattering on and on about Nick's party. About what look she wanted to go for. And what store we should head to as well. I nodded and said a occasional, "Yeah. Cool." along the way, though I was more absorbed in my thoughts. Thoughts about Liam. About how I had almost kissed him.

I find myself banging my head more and more as I think of how stupid I was. I didn't even know Liam, yet I allowed him to get so close to me. I almost let him kiss me. And the worst part is, I wouldn't have stopped him if it wasn't for Anna walking in.

Liam wasn't the only one playing with fire. I was too. And it was incredibly dangerous. But I couldn't help it. I was attracted to him in every sort of way. Everything he did had me hypnotised, like I was under his spell.

I gnaw on my lip, stealing a glance. He watches the road intently with his eyebrows furrow. The same look on his face when attempting to draw.

I look away and slump against the door, promising slightly to never let that happen. To never let him have power over me. Silently, I know that I won't be able to keep that promise. He's just walking temptation.

I shove it all away and plan out the rest of the schedule for my week. Or well, my whole month. You know what my schedule really consists of? Avoiding Liam all the time.

I plan to just work with him for the back drops, get it done quick and fast as I can. I can just talk him when necessary and than avoid him elsewhere at all costs. I vaguely note that I still need to find away out of becoming Adam's mate.

I could run away. It's not the first time that thought occurred to me. Whenever I think of the subject, that's what just comes to mind. I could leave after the year ends. Relocate somewhere else and attend school. Graduate, than do it I wanted to do with my life.

Though it all seems easy putting it like that, it's actually not. Where would I go? How would I survive if I don't even have money?

It's a messy a plan. A highly unlikely one that I would be able to achieve. I can only dream of getting out this god damn pack. Getting away from this stupid town. And most of all, getting away from stupid Liam.

"Are you coming?"

Speak of the devil, I think and glance up to see him out of the car. I look around and realize we're here. At the mall. My god, I am more out of it then ever. I mutter something like, "Yeah," then get out and follow Anna who walks next to Liam. He says things occasionally, making Anna laugh and playfully shove him. I become even more aggravated by the fifth time she does and adds in a hair flip and wide grin.

I walk ahead of them into the booming mall, ignoring Anna's calls to wait up. Instead, I hurry my pace and stuff my hands into my leather jacket.

I take my time scanning the display windows of stores. I stop when I catch sight of a small vintage boutique, and a piece of jewelry catches my eye. I walk up to the display window and finger the cool glass, staring at the necklace.

It was weird, unlike most I had seen. It held no diamonds of sorts, but a pendant that looked like as if it was blown glass. When I look closer, I notice it is blown glass. It's a simple circle with all times of swirling colours like yellow, blue, and green. And maybe that's why I like it. Because It's out of the box and not some stupid diamond necklace.

"What are you looking it?"

I snap my head to the side to Anna looking at me with her her eyebrows raised. I also notice that's Liam by her side, staring at the necklace I had just had my eyes on. "Nothing," I say and move away from the glass. "Let's just go to that place you wanted to go."

"Okay," She drawls, "Come on Liam."

Liam and I follow silently behind her. Once we get to the store she desires, she tugs us both inside with a grin on her face.

Than she gets to looking through the racks of clothes. Meanwhile, I fiddle around with the scarfs on a table in the center of the store.

"Why did I agree to this again?" Liam leans against the table, pursing his lips. I shrug and look around the store, seeing the various females in the store watching our interaction. Or well, just really watching Liam.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes when one girl "accidentally" bumps into him. She apologizes to him and offers a flirty smile, but to my surprise, Liam doesn't care. All he does is say, "It's fine." Before turning back to me and trying to start up a conversation again.

I raise my eyebrows at him once the bimbo is out of sight, "Didn't you notice she was flirting with you?" I question.

"No," He says, "Did you?"

 "It's kind of obvious," I mutter and lean against the table too. "Come to think of it, all the girls in here are practically eye rapping you."

"Maybe," He shrugs, "But I don't care."

 As much as I hate to it, I'm incredibly relieved at his words. "Why not? You could have any girl in this room. I bet twenty bucks that chick who bumped into you comes back and asks if you saw her bracelet or something because it obviously fell off when she bumped into you. Than she'll start up a conversation with you saying how clumsy she is."

Liam just laughs, probably thinking how stupid I am to believe that.

Ten minutes later the girls comes back. Claiming she dropped her keys and if he's seen them. I watch the whole time with amusement as she dives into a conversation about how stupid she was for dropping her keys. She also tells him her name is Elena.

Finally, as if she's just realized I'm here, she says, "Oh! Hi. I didn't notice you. Are you guys brother and sister or something?"

You wish, bitch. I'm about to say something when Liam's arm suddenly wraps around my waist, thrusting me into his side. "Actually, no. This is my girlfriend, Ronnie. Ronnie, meet Elena. She dropped her keys when she bumped into me. Have you seen them by any chance, baby?"

The girls face falls and I can't help but saying, "No," I then flash her a bitter sweet smile. "Too bad, huh?"

She notices my harsh attitude towards her and glowers at me, she looks over at Liam and gives him the same look, "You know what, maybe I dropped my necklace in another store. Thanks for the help."

"Necklace?" I echo, "Didn't you lose your keys?" I raise a eyebrow at her and she flushes.

"Yeah, right. Keys." She than turns with that and she leaves. I can't help but laugh. Liam simply mutters something about me being cruel before he too turns away and walks somewhere us.

                                   I never found a dress for myself. Though Anna tried her hardest, I turned everything down and just declared I wasn't going to be wearing a dress anytime soon. She then forces me to at least get a pair of jeans, shoes, and cute top since I won't be wearing a dress. I say yes just to get her off my back.

Liam drops Anna back off at the school. She bids me and Liam a farewell, then she's off, leaving me with Satan himself.

Liam doesn't ask if I want a ride home. He drives me there forcefully till he can no longer get any closer to our pack houses without being attacked.

I get out of the car and mutter a thanks, and a "See you later."

I give him no time to chase after me or anything. I simply shift and run the way home. Once I get to the clearing where all the houses are, I shift back to human form and walk to my house. Along the way, I catch sight of Adam sitting on his front porch, staring down at the gravel. He obviously senses my gaze, since he glances up and eyes me for a minute. Pain evident in his eyes. And a warning of sorts. But what's he trying to warn me of? Too soon and too quickly he looks away, gets up, and walks off. Leaving me to wonder what the hell that was about.

My question is answered when I walk into my house and see Alpha Beckett sitting at my kitchen table.

I stop and stand awkwardly near the door frame, staring at him as he places the mug he was drinking from back on the table.

"Hello Ronnie," He greets and flashes me a grim smile, as if everything is freaking dandy. But It's not. Whatever he's here for, I know it can't and won't be good.

"Hello," I reply, and slowly place my bag down. "How are you?"

"Wonderful," He retorts and traces the handle of the mug. "You?"

"Peachy," I say. "I don't mean to be rude, but is there something you want?"

It's a lie. I do mean to be rude. But I obviously can't come out and say that. I stiffly take a place at the kitchen table, across from me.

I watch him fold his hands neatly while rubbing his thumb over a golden wedding band. After a minutes of silence, I start to shift around uncomfortably, the knot in my stomach tightening. I feel like I'm going to be sick. And I don't know why. Maybe it's his presence. Or his intense stare. Either way, I just want him gone.

Something about Alpha Beckett always did give me the creeps. People claimed he was such a friendly, giving man, but when I looked into those eyes of his, the same eyes that Adam has, I just see something that lies deeper, as weird as that sounds.

I believe that Alpha Beckett isn't who he claims to be.

I know in that mind of his, lies malicious intents. He smiles, but it's fake. Incredibly fake.

Yeah, I know he's helped people out in the pack. Smiles, laughs, and is always nice to people, but don't they see it as a act? Is it? Or is it just me who believes that?

As we lock gazes, I notice the same ominous glint in his eyes that Adam had the day of the bonfire. They look so alike that I can barely tell them apart. The same blonde hair, the same hazel eyes, the same bone structure. It's scary. And it just leads me to believe that I will never love Adam like the pack wants me to. Like they're forcing me too.

I find my dislike growing more for this man - and Adam - as I stare at him. Because his eyes say it all. I believe he enjoys the power he has over everyone. That he gets to tell each and every one of us what to do. That he controls our everyday lives.

You're not who you claim to be, Alpha Beckett, I think silently. And I can tell he knows my dislikes for him, since a smile threatens to spread across his face.  He thinks It's funny. He finds my hate for him funny.

"What did you come here for?" I ask, lowly and deadly. I'm no longer in the mood for games. And I no longer can contain my anxiousness. I want to know. I don't want to wait anymore to hear the news. I know he's not here to stop and have a little nice chat with me. No.

He laughs softly and leans back in his chair, a grin widening across his face. As if he knows something I don't.

I learn that he does when he says, "Liam Farley, huh?"

That's when I freeze.

-----------------

Ta da! :D As I promised, here is that next chapter. I have to say thank you and wow to the fact my last chapter got over 100 votes.  You guys are amazing, by far. (:

I'm also sorry this took so long. Something always appeared to be going wrong when I tried to upload or whatever.

I was actually planning to save this scene for later on in the story, but people are like, "Why can't she just say no and not be with Adam?" Well, your reason will be given in the next chapter. (;

Please vote and comment. It helps me be able to write, and post, new chapters faster.

I also want to know what you thought of that almost kiss scene between Liam and Ronnie? Was it written good? Was it not enough description? Let me know in the comments below.

Anywho,

that's all for now. See you next time.

- CeCe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193 0 20
The romance between an alpha and a nobody hmm. Will things get heated.
3.7K 101 12
"Sign this paper and marry me for one year," Harry said in his alpha voice "Are you mad? Take me back to Liam's wedding" "Marry me Louis or Liam's d...
1.8M 46K 36
My whole life has literally sucked. My mom cheated on my dad when I was 11 and then both my dad and I moved out. My name is Chloe and I'm 16 years ol...
996 182 31
Book One of Howl series •-----------------------------------------------------• "She looks at with me shock "What the fuck was that!" She said "Why...