Courtney Oliver: Back to acti...

By ChelseaElliott1

After her adventures in blue bay harbour Courtney Oliver wants a quiet normal life. Well as normal as you can... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Day of the dino part 2
Chapter 2: Day of the dino part 2
Chapter 3: Wave goodbye
Chapter 4: Legacy of power
Chapter 5: Back in black
Chapter 6: Diva in distress
Chapter 7: Golden boy
Chapter 8: White thunder part 1
Chapter 9: White thunder part 2
Chapter 10: White thunder part 3
Chapter 12: Leader of the whack
Chapter 13: Burning at both ends
Chapter 14: Copy that
Chapter 15: Triassic triumph
Chapter 16: A star is torn
Chapter 17: Wormhole
Chapter 18: Fighting spirit
Chapter 19: Thunderstorm part 1
Chapter 20: Thunderstorm part 2
Chapter 21: House of cards
Chapter 22: A test of trust
Chapter 23: Thunderstruck part 1
Chapter 24: Thunderstruck part 2
Chapter 25: History

Chapter 11: Truth and consequences

1.3K 33 6
By ChelseaElliott1

Chapter 11: Truth and consequences

Chelbell2016:

I knew I said that I would update this story in a few days but I couldn't wait. tell me what you think please.

*Back to action*

Courtney's POV:

I had transported my dad to where Hayley was at the lab. I had explained to her about my vision and she called the others. I haven't spoke to anyone else since.

''Is he okay?'' Leanne asked as Hayley ran a scanner over the orange shell that contained mine and Leanne's dad.

''This eternal scan,'' Hayley began running it up and down. ''Should be able to tell us more.''

''What's the deal?'' Kira asked and I looked up from where I was standing staring at my dad to see her looking at the scan results. ''Is he frozen or something?''

''Not exactly,'' Hayley tells her. ''It's more like he's fossilized, fused into this amber-like substance.''

''Can you get him out?'' Conner asked.

''Too risky,'' Hayley says shaking her head. ''He's able to stay alive in there, but I'd hate to think what would happen if I broke him out.''

I sighed and the others glanced at me and then back at Hayley.

''A palaeontologist turned into a fossil,'' Ethan said. ''The white rangers got a great sense of humour.''

''He won't have any humour if I get my hands on him!'' I say speaking for the first time since I had brought dad home.

''Well personally,'' Leanne said. ''I've had enough of him.''

''Let's find out who this guy is and deal with him!'' Conner agreed. ''Now!''

I decided to take some fresh air but before I got up the stairs the others stopped me. Conner placed a hand on my shoulder.

''Hey you ok?'' He asked gently.

''No,'' I tell him glancing back at my dad. ''This is all my fault.''

''Where did you get that idea?'' Hayley demanded to know.

''I had that vision thing,'' I tell her glancing around at everyone. ''So why didn't I stop it.''

I feel tears come to my eyes.

''Look we all feel that this is our fault but..'' I cut him off.

''It's not the same Conner,'' I snap. ''Tommy Oliver is the only family I have ever known. And now he has gone.''

''Look I know how you feel but..''

''But you don't, you couldn't,'' I tell him. ''You guys have other family, I was abandoned. Do you know how that feels, not knowing your heritage or where you come from! No you don't. I have these freaky powers that no one can explain and my dad has always helped me. Not many people would take an abandoned child in. If I find this white ranger you all better stay out of my way!''

They all wisely didn't say anything and I continue as I turn to leave.

''Because he is going down for what he did to my dad!''

*Back to action*

We are all at the Cybercafé. I am working even though Hayley told me I could take the day off I didn't want to. I needed something to take my mind off of the white ranger and what he did to my dad.

We are so busy as Trent has not showed up yet and we are packed with customers. I watch as Trent finally appears and I feel something from him but I can't quite pinpoint what it is. I have a flash of the white ranger and I quickly look around. There is no white ranger here. 'What are my powers doing?' .

''Hey,'' he says to Hayley.

''Thank goodness I'm getting slammed here,'' she told him while we both tried to satisfy the customers needs.

''Hayley listen I've got to talk to you,'' Trent tells her as she walks across to a different end of the bar.

''Later grab a tray,'' she tells him.

''I can't I'm quitting,'' I frown as he says this to Hayley.

''You're kidding right!'' II exclaim in protest. Today was not the day for this.

''Why?'' Hayley asks him also frowning. ''In trouble with you're dad again?''

''No it's not that,'' he says. ''I just... I just have to quit. I'm sorry.''

He starts to walk away but I stop him at the door.

''Hey wait a minute,'' I tell him as I get closer. ''You're just going to bail on us like that?''

''Yeah I know it seems sudden,'' he said glancing back at Hayley.

''Don't you think that you owe her some kind of an explanation?'' I say as the flashes are coming again and I begin to wonder why.

''You don't understand,'' he tells me. ''Courtney something weird has happened. And I feel like if I don't tell someone, I'm going to explode.''

''What is it Trent?'' I ask trying to fight the sinking feeling in my stomach. ''You can tell me.''

Before he can say anything someone pushes through the door. It is Cassidy and Devon.

''Excuse me people.. Important announcement,'' She tells everyone with an air that suggests she's royalty. ''Attention ... look at me.''

I roll my eyes and Trent shakes his head at her theatrics.

''I have the scoop of the century,'' she says to everyone sounding happy. She tells some girls that she needs them to move and I see Conner, Leanne, Kira and Ethan get up too see what she is doing this time. ''And as my faithful core audience, I wanted to share it with you guys first.''

''What do you think this is about?'' Ethan asked.

''Maybe she's decided to run for queen?'' I suggest and the others smirk.

''I have uncovered the identity of the one and only white ranger!'' My eyes widen and I look at the others as she says this. If this is true than I know who I need to be having a good chat that ends in violence with. ''And any minute now, my assistant Devin is going to come through that door with videotape evidence. Any minute.''

We all turn towards the door. The room is so quite that you can hear a pin drop right now.

He finally appears through the doors and makes his way to Cassidy.

''Oh Cass, I'm here,'' he says as he runs between the tables. ''Sorry I'm late.''

''Devin where's your camera?'' She asked him.

We watch as they quietly converse to themselves. I wish that they would hurry up. The suspense is killing me right now.

''Ladies and gentlemen, it appears that the white ranger is,'' she pauses and I hold my breath waiting for an answer. ''Taped on a camera that Devin stupidly lended his sister, but once she returns it I'll be sure to let you know.''

I felt the thrill that appeared when I realised I would know who was responsible for what happened to my dad.. fade when she said that. Typical.

''So Trent,'' I began slowly turning to look at my friend. ''What was it you wanted to-'' I stopped when I realised that Trent had gone.

''Tell me?'' I finished glancing around.

*Back to action*

We were informed by Hayley that the white ranger was back. We raced out on our raptor cycles to get him before he does damage. We arrive to see him facing both Zeltrax and Elsa.

''Hold it right there!'' Conner says to all of them.

I growl when I spot the white ranger.

''Great!'' Elsa said as she glanced at us. ''That's all we need.''

''Whoa who's side do we take?'' Kira questioned.

''I know who's side I'm not taking!'' I warned staring at the white ranger.

''We'll make it easy for you!'' Elsa said. And she and Zeltrax disappeared.

Us five and the white ranger all turned to face each other.

''If you had any sense,'' The white ranger said pointing his weapon at us. ''You'd run too.''

''Oh trust me!'' I growl at him. ''Running is not what I had in mind!''

He looks at me and you can clearly see the anger coming off of me in waves.

''Let's do it!'' Conner tells us and we all run at the white ranger.

I jump straight at the white ranger with my Thundermax sabre and we clash swords. I kick him back and go running at him again. He stumbles and tries to get a hit in but my anger is driving me to fight better.

''What did you do to him?'' I roared at him. 'What did you do? You son of a-''

''Now, now don't swear,'' he taunted me as we grappled with each other. ''What would your dad say.''

''Because of you he may not say anything ever again,'' I yelled.

The others finally came over to help when the white ranger managed to get a slash across my chest and I went stumbling backwards this time. As I watched he knocked Conner, Ethan and Leanne away and used his sword to back Kira into a wall.

''Had enough,'' He asked her and I nodded behind hi back to her.

''Hardly,'' she called.

''SUPER DINO MODE!'' We both yell. I watch as Kira's suit changes and she grows basic wings that will help her to fly. I was impressed.

She knocked the white ranger away and then jumped into the air. I raised my arm ready to strike as she used her feet to grab the white ranger and lift him into the air. She smashed him into some object and as she went near me I jumped into the air and struck the white ranger across the chest and he fell to the ground hard.

''You'll pay for that,'' the white ranger said. ''I'm taking you down.''

I watched as he drew arrows in the air and I jumped into the air and tried to stop him from hitting Kira but before I could raise a shield the arrows hit the both of us. We both fell to the ground winded and the other rangers stood protectively in front of us.

''Lasers! Fire!'' All three of them yelled and they began shooting at the white ranger. He blocked them and they rebound back on the others knocking all three of them to the ground. As the white ranger laughed I got back to my feet at the same time as Kira.

''That's enough,'' We both said at the same time. I ran forward with her but the white ranger blocked us and sent Kira flying into the air. He then grabbed me by the arm and held it tightly.

''You're a little out of your league,'' He taunted me as I tried to get loose.

''Dude you don't know the half of what I can do.'' I said straining to get away from him.

He struck me across the chest and I landed next to Kira.

He drew arrows again. ''See my point.''

We both got back to our feet and as he sent the arrows at us I shoved Kira away from me and towards our friends. The arrows hit just me instead of both of us. I went flying to the ground. I held my stomach in pain as I demorphed. All the other rangers jumped to their feet to try and cover me while I was down I was in a lot of pain.

He knocked all four of them to the ground.

''Back off,'' he said to them. ''Never did like the colour purple.''

The white ranger started to walk towards me so I forced my self back to my feet.

''And I despise the colour white!'' I snap back.

''Do you ever give up!'' He demanded.

''NEVER!'' I yelled.

He grabbed me and flipped me around and I was hit by a sudden flashback.

FLASHBACK:

Trent Mercer in Mesogog's lab. He approaches something glowing white and as It get's closer it attaches itself to his wrist.

Trent crying out in pain as electricity covers his body.

Trent being held by my dad as he tried to get him away from a certain device.

The white ranger on the ground.

Trent glowing gold as he throws my dad away from him. Trent turning into the white ranger.

The white ranger turning back into Trent.

Flashback ended:

''TRENT! IS THAT YOU!'' I whisper yell.

''COURTNEY! The white ranger says confused and he backs away from me holding his head groaning. I try to make sense of what I had seen as the other four all did super dino mode. He fell to the ground after all four of them attacked him and I didn't know what to do.

''I'll be back!'' The white ranger promises and then he turns and runs in another direction.

''Power down!'' The other four say and as they un-morph they all run over to me and help me back to my feet.

For now I will keep this to myself. But I was going to be having a very serious talk with Trent.

I needed to find out why he was doing this.

And he needed to stop himself or I will.

*Back to action*

I finally tracked Trent down in the park and I ran over to him. I decided to see what he would say first.

''Trent, is that you?'' I asked trying to keep a level head.

''Oh Hi Courtney,'' he said as he closed his drawing pad. I sighed.

''Trent we need to talk now!'' I said and he nodded.

''So you do know?'' he asked and I raised an eyebrow at his tone.

''Yeah and I just have one question.'' I say and I punch him to the ground knocking him away from his drawing pad and probably giving him a black eye. Then I grab him by his shirt and yank him to is feet. ''Why the hell did you do it? Why did you feel the need to become an evil power ranger? And furthermore WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO THE MAN I CONSIDER MY DAD?!''

He flinched at my tone and I shook him a little waiting for an answer.

''Look Courtney,'' he said trying to get me to release him. ''I didn't do anything on purpose I couldn't control it.''

''Yeah right,'' I said finally releasing him but standing close. ''You took the dino gem.''

''It's taking over me,'' he said and I paused. ''I can't control it.''

''If you cant control it,'' I snapped. ''Then why the hell did you not destroy me when you had the chance earlier?''

''That was the only time I felt in control,'' he said sighing. ''Please you have got to believe me.''

''But that's the thing Trent I don't,'' I said but stopped myself. If this is true then I need to keep a clear head and find a way to separate him but I don't trust him to take him back to the dino lab.

''Look the gem has changed me,'' He said practically begging. ''I cant take it off or stop what I am doing, please you have got to help me.''

''That's the thing,'' I said in a threatening tone. ''After what you did to my dad, I don't feel like helping you at all.''

''That was an accident,'' He said trying to grab me but I pull away from him.

''I am only going to say this once and you better listen,'' I said and he nodded sounding a little scared at my tone of voice. ''I am going to go and get Conner, Ethan, Kira and Leanne to help and you better be here when I come back if you know what is good for you!'' I paused for effect. ''Do we understand each other?''

''Them too,'' I didn't answer but just glared at him. ''Yeah I will be here,'' he promised.

I nodded. ''If you are still here I might begin to believe you,'' I said. ''If you aren't the next time I see you it will not be pretty.''

With that warning I left to find the other rangers and tell them of what I had found out.

*Back to action*

I have just finished telling my friends about what I had seen and who the white ranger is and the conversation I had with him. The looks of betrayal were clear on their faces and for a few minutes they didn't speak and Hayley looked really shocked as well.

''Trent,'' Leanne and Kira both said in shock.

''Oh there's no way,'' He said.

''Well I didn't want to believe it either,'' I told him. ''But two times now I have had a vision and two times they have been showing me true events, believe me or not Trent is the white ranger.''

''Nice,'' Conner said as angry as I felt. ''pretending to be our friend one minute, and then kicking our butts the next.''

I could see how much this was hurting Kira and that she wanted to believe that Trent was being controlled.

''I can't believe I fell for it,'' Leanne said also really upset.

''Look it sounds like he can't help it,'' Kira defended and I scoffed a little. I don't know what to believe. ''The gem is too powerful.''

''Stop defending him,'' Conner said gently to her.

''I'm with Conner on this one,'' Ethan said and Leanne nodded. ''I mean look at what he did to Dr O.''

I glanced at dad and begin to think about what he would do. He would at least try to help. I remember what he said on the video diary. 'But my friends never gave up on me'. For now I wont give up on Trent.

''Hayley he needs our help,'' Kira said.

''I don't know if there's anything I can do,'' she said and I walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. Now more than ever it was important for me to show good leadership.

''Just do what you can Hayley,'' I tell her smiling. ''No ones expecting you to be able to work miracles.''

She smiled a little at that.

''I'll try,'' she tells Kira.

''Hey don't go without us,'' Conner said to her. ''I've got some stuff I'd like to say to that guy.''

''No doubt,'' Ethan said.

Kira looked a little worried so I turned to the others.

''OK we will all go,'' I say. ''But for now we will listen, I told him to wait there for me to return.''

We all left to go back to the place where I had left Trent.

I cannot believe it. He left. I had tried to give him some trust and get him some help and he threw it back in my face. I am going to hit him again when I see him. This time harder.

''He was supposed to wait here,'' I told the others. ''I told him he better be here when I returned.''

''There's a surprise,'' Ethan said.

''He lied to us again,'' Leanne groaned.

''Kira I'm telling you,'' Conner said and Kira glanced at him. ''Trent can't be trusted.''

''I tried to give him a chance Kira,'' I told her. ''And he just left. doesn't that tell you anything.''

*Back to action*

We were all back at the dino Lab looking for Trent when Hayley spoke to us.

''I'm picking up White rangers signal,'' Hayley told us typing away at her computer. ''He's back.''

We all ran over to the computer.

We watched as he formed his Dino stego-zord.

''Oh great,'' I said making everyone turn to me. ''I hate major megazord battles straight off the bat. Never goes well.''

''Well this might be a good time to use a new dino-zord,'' Hayley told us. ''It will combine with your megazord as well Courtney.''

''Well done Hayley,'' I told her. ''Let's do it guys.''

All five of us rangers lined up.

''Wait,'' I turned to Kira. As a leader I needed to make sure. My dad would. ''We've got to do whatever it takes to stop Trent, you know that right?''

She nods with no hesitance and I know no matter how much she hates the idea she will do it.

''Okay!'' I looked around at everyone.

''Ready?!''

''READY!''

''DINO THUNDER POWER UP! HA!''

We morphed and prepared to fight Trent and his new megazord again.

When we arrived the others all took to the thundersaurus megazord and I played my flute for the Phoenix and snow leopard to appear.

''I am here, what is it you need young one,'' I heard the snow leopard through our telepathy.

''We need to stop the white and purple megazord before it does any damage! Now let's form the megazord!''

'' PHOENIX LEOPARD UNI-ZORD FORMATION!'' I yell and when it is complete I jump into the cockpit of my megazord and join the others.

''Here you go guys,'' Hayley said. ''Meet the Spino-zord.''

A zord a little like the T-rex apart from the line of spikes that make an arch going down it's spine comes towards us.

''A new dino-zord,'' Trent said. ''I'll add it to my collection.''

''Don't even think about it,'' I say running over the other two megazords both grab one end of the zord and begin to have a tug of war with it.

The zord struggles to get free from the two zords until it bites the thundersaurus megazord and uses its long tail to stab Trent's megazord it then comes over to me and as the white ranger approaches the zord spins and sends a spinning blade from it's back right at the megazord sending it stumbling away from me. Trent cried out.

The head of my morpher turned into the head of the Spino-zord.

''What are you guys waiting for?'' Hayley asked. ''Spino-zord may be small but Courtney check out his power!''

''Ok,'' I told her.

''SPINO-ZORD WEAPON FORMATION!'' I called.

The zord combined with my megazord to make a Spino-drill arm.

''FORMATION COMPLETE!''

The others were all impressed at the new zord.

''Lasers fire!'' Trent said firing at me.

I used the strong spine of the Spino as a shield and the lasers bounced back and hit Trent's megazord causing it to spark.

Trent groaned and I came towards him and struck him.

''THIS IS FOR MY FATHER!'' I yelled at the white ranger. ''PHOENIX LEOPARD- UNIZORD SPEAR AND DRILL ATTACK!''

I struck Trent's megazord first with the phoenix spear and then with the drill end of the Spino. Finally I fired the Spino pikes at him. Trent's zord hit the ground.

''Right on!'' Hayley said as the others all praised me.

''Don't think this is over!'' Trent said. He disappeared.

''No Trent!'' I said glaring at the spot where he had vanished. ''This is far from over!''

*Back to action*

I was sat at the dino lab. I was the only one there. I was staring at the orange shell that surrounded my father.

''I will find a way to save you dad,'' I promised walking over to him. ''I wont stop trying.''

I got up and walked over to him.

''I also want you to know,'' I sighed. ''I will continue to be a good leader till you return. And pretty soon, I will make you proud.''

''He's already proud of you!'' I jumped and spun around to see Hayley watching me with a small smile.

''There's no possible way you can know that Hayley,'' I said to her gently.

''Oh there is,'' she said. ''And I do.''

''You have some sort of psychic power that you never told me about,'' I said as I walked towards the stairs. ''If not you couldn't know!''

''You want to know how I know,'' she said and I paused turning to her. ''I know when he cant stop telling me about all that you have accomplished. When he swells with pride every time you lead the others into battle and you win. Also... he gave me this,'' she handed me a letter. ''In case anything ever happened to him.''

I looked at my name and recognised my dad's familiar writing. I opened it. It said:

Dear Courtney,

If Hayley has given you this letter then for whatever reason I am not around right now,

And if I know you then I know you are probably blaming yourself right now and you

shouldn't.

Courtney, as a ranger we all take risks you know that and so do I. You are one of the

strongest people I know and I know that you can take over until I return. And unless

I am dead I will return to you. I would never intentionally leave you.

I want you to stop blaming yourself and be the strong and beautiful young lady that

I know you are. Look after the team and lead them in the right direction.

And in case I haven't had chance to say it yet, I am so proud of the woman you have

become. I couldn't ask for a better daughter.

Look after yourself and your sister,

And always remember that I love you.

Dad

By the end of the letter I was in tears. I looked over at the statue and then at Hayley.

''Have you read this?'' I asked.

''No but I was there when he wrote it,'' she said smiling. ''I told you he was proud.''

I nodded and she walked over and hugged me.

''Thank you Hayley,'' I said. ''I don't think I would be able to do this without you!''

''Yes you would,'' she said sternly. ''I believe you would, so does your dad and I think you do.''

I nodded she was right.

And so was dad.

He is proud of me.

That night I read the letter three times before going to sleep and I had tears in my eyes as I fell asleep Tears of happiness.

*Back to action*

Chelbell2016:

Ok that last scene was to show exactly how her dad felt and why. I love this episode and in the next episode we get to see an uncommon Courtney. Review f you can guess what she will be like and I will message and say it on the story who got it right. Please review.

Also the reason I changed the zord is because the Ankylo-zord was already apart of the zords as Courtney's main one so I had to come up with an alternative.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

774 25 7
following the tragic events of a deadly virus, cameron marie struggles to accept, and readjust, to her new life - both as a survivor and a power rang...
3.3K 38 9
Jay Oliver is the son of the legendary Tommy Oliver, who is actively trying to escape his hectic past. Little does he know that trouble will soon fin...
853 7 7
Mia Queen finds herself on a quest to bring back her parents, but while on the mission something big changes, will Mia succeed on getting them back o...
14K 357 32
Zoey Oliver lived in Angel Grove. She is the younger sister to Tommy Oliver. Oh, and she's a ninja. She recruited by her sensei to join the other Pow...