Dearest, Theodosia

By wintersoldierweb

Theodosia Burr. Philip Hamilton. Together, they blew them all away. *saddness warning* Alternate: They'll be... More

Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter XI:
Chapter XII:
Chapter XIII:
Chapter XIV:
Chapter XV:
Chapter XVI:
Chapter XVII:
Chapter XVIII:
Chapter XIX:
Chapter XX:
Chapter XXI:
Chapter XXII:
Chapter XXIII:
Chapter XXIV:
Chapter XXV:
Chapter XXVI:
Chapter XXVII:
Chapter XXVIII:
Chapter XXIX:
Chapter XXX:
Chapter XXXI:
Chapter XXXII:
Chapter XXXIII:
Chapter XXXIV:
Chapter XXXV:
Chapter XXXVI:
Chapter XXXVII:
Chapter XXXVIII:
Chapter XXXIX:
Chapter XXXX:
Chapter XXXXI:
Chapter XXXXII:
Chapter XXXXIII:
Chapter XXXXIV:
Chapter XXXXV:
Chapter XXXXVI:
Wattys 2017
Q&A

Chapter X:

2.8K 117 316
By wintersoldierweb

Chapter X:

Meetings

Theo didn't allow herself in the room when her father had his political friends over. At least not anymore. She got too into their conversation. Unlike her father, she did not hesitate to speak her mind and give the politicians her advice on how to run the country. Aaron was too afraid to crush her spirits. He was well aware that his it would be incredibly hard for Theo to continue a life in politics, it wasn't a 'woman's place.' That wasn't going to stop Theo from sharing her thoughts. One of which was her how she was not fond of John Adams.

Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, and Aaron Burr sat around in the Burr living room, debating matters of their county. When her father would have his politician friends over, Theo would move a chair from the library right next to the closed door so she could listen in on what everyone was saying. This time, she had her own guest. Philip sat in a chair on the other side of the door frame, listening in. "Is this what you do for fun around your house?"

"Shhh." Theo shushed him and pressed her ear closer to the door. Philip rolled his eyes playfully and did the same. "No, no, no." Theo whispered. "That's an absolutely awful idea, Jefferson. Listen to Madison, he know what to do." Philip put his hands over his face, trying to muffle his laughter. Theo looked over at her boyfriend and gave him a very serious gaze. "What? Why are you laughing?"

Philip smiled softly at the beautiful girl before him. "You're funny." He told her. Theo folded her arms across her chest. "You're listening into this like it's the gossip of the century. Why are you so interested in this stuff anyway?"

Theo just shrugged. She liked knowing what her father was up to and what he did for a living. She lived her political life through her father. "I don't know, it's interesting. Don't you find it interesting?"

"Yeah, just not as much as you do. You could lead a fan club or something." Theo let out a laugh, which caused Philip to laugh. To him, her laugh was the greatest sound in the world, not to mention that it was incredibly contagious. The two just kept laughing, unaware of how loud it was.

The door suddenly swung open and the three men stood on the other side of the door staring at the two teenagers that had previously been laughing. "Theo." Aaron said, looking from his daughter to his enemy's son. "What are you doing outside the door?"

"I was simply listening in on your conversation and informing Philip of all my opinions on the matters. That's all." The two quests smiled at her interest. "Just so you know, I would go with Madison's plan. There's too many risks involved with Jefferson's. It may just blow up in your face."

   "Thank you, I'll take note of that." Jefferson replied, a laugh following it. "Thank you, Mr. Burr, for having us."

   Aaron Burr nodded and lead his guests to the door before returning to the two giggly teenagers. "So," Aaron said, silencing the giggles "is Philip staying for dinner?"

   The smile that once rested on Theo's face fled. For dinner. "F-for dinner, Daddy? I think he might already have plans, isn't that right, Philip?" Theo stuttered, nudging her boyfriend hard in the ribs. Philip flew up from his chair.

   "Actually, I just might. Thank you for having me, Theo, Mr. Burr. It was—" Philip spoke quickly, already stumbling towards the door.

   "No! I insist. Besides, I haven't really had a chance to speak with you since you've started things with my daughter." He said coolly. Philip was absolutely terrified. He wasn't good under pressure. Both him and Theo could see that this could take a turn for the worst. But could he really say no to him? No.

"I guess you're right, sir." He turned to face Theo. "That is, only if Theo is in agreement." Theo closed her eyes, inhaling sharply. Why did he dump this on her? Theo clenched her teeth.

"It sounds lovely." She flashed the two men a smile before returning her chair to the library. Shortly after, Philip had joined her. She walked up to him and gripped his arms. "What are you thinking, Philip Hamilton?" She hissed at him. "My father is going to tear you apart and enjoy every bit of it." Philip just stood there, looking down at the small rage-filled girl. "God, I should have said no. I should have sold it better. I'm so sorry."

Philip wrapped his arms around the girl, who was obviously in distress over her father's 'evaluation' of her love. "Hey, don't blame yourself." He ran his fingers through her very thick curls. "We'll get through this dinner together. It might now even be that bad."

Theo looked up at her very tall boyfriend. "Yeah, I guess so." Theo made her way towards the staircase. "I apologize in advance for my father's actions... and quite possibly my own.."

—————

"So, Philip?" The boy looked up from his plate of lamb, that had already been half devoured. "You're continuing your studies, correct?"

The boy nodded, taking a sip from his glass. "I am. The campus of King's College is actually close by, so I'll be living at home now while continuing with my classes." Theo dropped her fork, making a loud clattering sound.

"You are?" Her eyes lit up with excitement and glee. "How come you didn't tell me?" Aaron smiled softly to himself at his daughter's voice. It was filled with so much happiness.

"I wanted to surprise you." Philip smiled. "Surprised?" Theo took his hand in hers on top of the table.

"Happily surprised." Aaron cleared his throat loudly. It was definitely on purpose. "Daddy, isn't this wonderful?" Aaron nodded, jabbing at the food on his plate. The dinner was going fairly well.

Theo took a slip from her glass as her father spoke again. "Philip. What are your opinions on your father's affair?" That's when Theo's drink was spit from her mouth.

   "Daddy!" Theo flew up from her seat, slamming her hands on the table and startling an already stunned Philip. "That's completely inappropriate!" The hissed at him, her face getting hot from anger and embarrassment.

   "It was a simple question." Aaron said, taking a bite of is lamb.

   "What is wrong with you?!" She screeched, turning to Philip, who was just staring down at his plate. Theo's brown eyes flooded with tears as Philip stood up from the table, muttered a small 'excuse me' and walked out. "God! How could you say that to him? Everything in his life is just starting to get back to normal!" Hot tears streamed down her cheeks. "That was completely insensitive! I know you hate Mr. Hamilton, but I will not allow you to use my love as a piece in your sick game! I love him too much to stand by and let you." Theo threw her napkin to the table. "You can pry all you want, that will not change the way I feel about him."

   Theo left the dining room, looking around for a hurting Philip. She found him on the porch steps, his head in his hands. Theo practically threw herself at him, wrapping her arms around him and resting her head on him. She could hear a small whimper come from him, which caused more of her own tears to flow slowly down her already tear stained cheeks. "Philip, I don't even know where to begin." She told him softly. "I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry for his behavior. That was cruel and awful. I feel absolutely horrible. I'm so sorry."

   Philip engulfed the girl in a tight hug. "It's not your fault, you didn't even want to have this dinner in the first place." 

   "I love you, Philip." She whispered. "You saved me from myself." The two looked into each other's eyes. One pair brown, the other golden-green. "You taught me how to let people in, to love again, and what happiness is again. I love you. I love you. I love you."

   "I love you too, my beautiful Theodosia." The two kissed there on the Burr porch, and after Philip headed home, Theodosia wasn't done giving her father a piece of her mind.

—————
Honestly, I'm not really that proud of this. It was a little long too because I noticed that the last couple chapters have been shorter.

ALSO THANK YOU ALL FOR 100+ READS.

ALSO ALSO, a shoutout to silent-specter, who's always so sweet and so supportive. I'm so happy and lucky to have such a sweet reader. Thank you for always making me smile!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 357 72
Always and forever
281K 14.1K 32
"Don't you ever forget about me, okay Laurens." "Got it, Hamilton." -- Lams highschool AU aHAHA thanks
230K 4.2K 71
Title says it all. (This book is completed, and requests will no longer be taken. Thank you!)
2.2K 26 4
{Hamilton X Reader} --------------------- 19 year old (Y/n) had just finished highschool and had no idea what to do next....... What happens when a b...