Red-Handed Jill (A Peter Pan...

By LauraMadison

Unlike many young maidens, Jill had lived her entire life on the sea. She never wore dresses with frills and... More

Prologue
Chapter 1~ Life On the Jolly Roger
Chapter 2~ Bath Day Sabotage
Chapter 3~ Peter Pan
Chapter 4~ Waking up in enemy arms
Chapter 5~ Recovery and the Lost Boys
Chapter 6~ Tigers Roar and so do I
Chapter 7~ All for Jill
Chapter 8~ Into Welcoming Arms
Chapter 9~ Be Careful What You Wish For
Chapter 10~ Aching Pains
Chapter 11~ Broken Bones
Chapter 12~ The Love of Mother Dove
Chapter 13~ Empty Without You
Chapter 14~Hideout Sweet Hideout
Chapter 15~ Taken
Chapter 16~ The Sacrifices We Make
Chapter 18~ Brave Faces
Chapter 19~ Haunted and Hunted
Chapter 20~ Visiting the Mermaids
Chapter 21~ Left in the Brig
Chapter 22~ Uniting the Tribes
Author's Note
Chapter 23~ The Start of War
Chapter 24~ A Ship in the Sky
Chapter 25~ Red-Handed Jill
Chapter 26~Neverland and Nevermore
Chapter 27~ Home
Epilogue

Chapter 17~ Nightmares

2.6K 59 16
By LauraMadison

NOTE TO ALL OF THE READERS:

JILL WILL NOT TURN INTO BELLA FROM TWILIGHT. THAT BOOK IS OVERLY DESCRIPTIVE AND HALF OF THE SECOND BOOK WAS JUST OF HER BEING ALL DEPRESSED AND STUPID AND BLEEEEEEEHHH!!! IN FACT, IT NEVER EVEN DESCRIBES HOW BELLA IS SUPPOSED TO LOOK! IT MADE ME WANT TO PUT MY HEAD THROUGH A WALL!!! HOWEVER, I DO NEED TO MAKE HER DEPRESSED FOR THIS CHAPTER. (no tomatoes.)

SEE YOU AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER!!! :D

--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.

Peter's POV

After fighting so hard holding onto the gates at the black castle, Jill collapsed from exhaustion. Her hands were bloody and torn apart. When we got home I put her in my bed on the ground floor so that we could get to her more easily.

She was fine for about and hour but then she started thrashing and screaming in her sleep.

"NO!" she screamed, "VINNY!!"

I ran to her and took her head in my hands. She was shaking violently and fighting against me as I tried to hold her still.

"Jill!" I said, "You have to wake up Jill! Please wake up!"

She wouldn't. I scooped her up in my arms, just like I did when I had just met her, and I cradled her, trying to calm her down.

I felt her forehead and her skin felt clammy and hot. This wasn't good.

"Get a bucket of water and a damp cloth!" I yelled, "Hurry!"

"Got it!" called Slightly.

"Don't worry Jill," I held her tightly in my arms, "We're going to get you some help."

"Shall I call the fairies?" Tubby asked.

"Absolutely," I replied, "We're going to need all of the help that we can get."

"I'm on it!" he said and he grabbed Nick and Nack to go with him.

I dabbed Jill's forehead with the damp cloth, desperately trying to make her fever go down.

Then she stopped thrashing and screaming and went limp in my arms. Her face was pale and her lips were a frightening blue. She looked like she was dead.

"Jill?"

My heart rate quickened as I checked her breathing, praying that she was alive.

Please...

Then I felt her pulse beneath my fingers. She was alive. I cried with joy at that simple fact.

She was quiet for a while. I checked her breathing every once in a while to make sure that she was still breathing. Every time I did I felt my stomach clench as I wondered if this was the end.

While we waited for the Healing Fairies, the boys did all that they could to help Jill. Tommy and Pat had also gotten sick from being in the cold water for so long so they did their part by staying as far away from her as possible, moping and worrying the entire time. Finn, Curly did all of the cleaning while Joey cooked for everyone. Pudge never left Jill's side except for when he fetched her water. At one point Jax even sang to her.

"It's a lullaby that I heard once," he explained, "I'm not sure where I heard it but Jill really likes it."

"You are my sunshine

My only sunshine.

You make me happy

When skies are grey

Won't ever know dear

How much I love you.

Please don't take my sunshine away."

I stroked her calm face as he sang to her. For as long as I had known Jax, I had never heard him say more than a few words at one time and now here he was, singing in front of everyone. It was amazing how one person could change the entire atmosphere of the place. Having Jill around made everything seem so much brighter and better, especially for me. She was the one who brightened up all of my days. I always felt my happiest when I was with her.

"You'll never know how much I love you," I whispered, "Please don't take my sunshine away."

After what seemed like an eternity, Tink returned with three healing fairies. They darted over to her immediately after they came in, understanding the urgency of the situation, and began checking her up and down. I rubbed my hands worriedly as I waited for the diagnosis. The first was a Sparrowmen with green hair and was wearing a white shirt and pants. The other two were fairies wearing white petal dresses with red sashes. The one had long pink hair that reached down to her ankles and swirled around her like a cloak as she flew and the other had short violet hair that made her look more like a pixie than a fairy.

Finally, the fairy with pink hair came up to me.

"Miss Jill is going to be fine," she explained, "She is suffering from mental trauma from the battle and she is fighting a virus."

I nodded.

The fairies flew in circles above her and began sprinkling blue dust down on her skin. I chewed my bottom nervously as her body began to glow and her lips returned to their lovely rose color and her golden skin regained its luster. She took a deep breath and sighed as if a giant weight had been lifted off of her chest and she began to breathe normally again.

"We took care of the virus but she will still suffer from the trauma," said the pink fairy, "Once she is strong again we will be able to treat her at the Hollow."

"Thank you so much," I said.

The three fairies bowed in farewell and then left.

I stared at Jill's still form as she slumbered peacefully and stroked her cheek.

"It's going to be okay Jill," I whispered, "I promise."

--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.

JILL'S POV

I was running through the caves of the black castle. My legs seemed to be moving as fast as they could but I could never seem to go fast enough. Even so, I heard Vin calling my name and I was getting closer and closer with every step that I took.

"Vinny!" I cried, "Where are you?!"

Then I saw his face in the darkness. He was smiling and holding his arms out to me.

"Jill!" he smiled, "There you are! I've been looking for you!"

I ran to him, my arms outstretched. He looked perfect in every way with his wonderful smile and sparkling eyes. There was no anger or hurt or sadness in his eyes, just pure and utter joy.

Suddenly a gunshot rang through the air.

Vinny's face turned into a look of pain and shock and he slumped over on the ground, his eyes vacant and ghostly. I looked down at myself and saw that I was covered in splatters of blood and there was a gun in my hand.

Hook's voice echoed through my mind.

"Very well done Miss Jill," he hissed, and he emerged from the shadows.

His eyes were red rubies glinting against the pearly whites of his eyes. Then Hook began to change shape. His eyes became slits and his skin became red and scaly. His body morphed and turned into that of a giant red, rattle snake with a hook for a rattle.

Suddenly there was a mirror in front of me. My hands were painted red with blood and my face was streaked with scarlet fingerprints.

"Looks like you've been caught red-handed..."

"No!" I screamed, dropping the pistol on the ground and backing away in horror.

The snake lunged itself at me and coiled itself around my body. I struggled against it, screaming for Vin to save me, but he just stared back at me with those vacant eyes.

"No one can save you now," hook hissed, "You are mine for the taking."

You have to wake up Jill. Please wake up!

I tried as hard as I could but the dream had taken hold of me. I wanted nothing more than to escape this dream.

She's burning up!

Get a bucket of water and a damp cloth!

Hurry!

Don't worry Jill. We're going to get you some help.

Shall I call the fairies?

Absolutely. We're going to need all of the help that we can get.

I'm on it!

Suddenly the cave with the snake was gone and I was thrust into a sea of nothingness. I was floating, absolutely weightless. It was almost like flying, but when you flew you could feel the wind on your skin and the cold and warmth all around you.

I was blessed with a moment of peace.

In this place I felt nothing, I was numb, but strangely enough I could hear. I wasn't sure what was going on, but I could hear people talking. Someone seemed very worried because I kept hearing someone say the same thing over and over again:

Just hang on Jill...

Just hang on...

I seemed to fade out for a while, not hearing or feeling anything. It was a peaceful and quiet place. I could just be.

It ended all too soon before I was thrown into another gruesome nightmare, this one just as bad as the first. I was standing on a cliff with Vinny by my side when a hideous red monster with hooks for hands leaped out at us. Vinny shielded me with his body and got torn to pieces right before my eyes. I screamed and thrashed but I felt like I was chained to the spot. Then I heard more voices.

Get more water!

Where are the fairies?!

They're on their way!

We have to keep her temperature down!

Then I was submerged in that place of peace once more.

I don't know how many times I went through the circle of terror and peace or whether I was there for hours or minutes or even days. Every time I watched Vinny die one horrifying death after another. I saw him shot, stabbed, beaten, sliced, burned, flayed, beheaded, and every time it was because of me. It was all my fault.

I just wanted the pain to stop and to lose myself in entirety to the numbness.

The only thing that kept me from going under was the people who spoke to me every time the nightmares started up again. They would whisper things like, "Hang in there Jill" and "It'll all be over soon". I even heard someone singing. I couldn't recollect who the voices belonged to, but somehow they seemed familiar. It was as if I had known them in another life.

So I held on for them, whomever they were, and bore through the pain.

I was watching Vinny get hung from the mast of the Jolly Roger, his tong was blue and crows and sea gulls were picking at his rotting, decrepit flesh. One of the crows turned around and had Hook's face. Suddenly I was in a giant birdcage, swinging back and forth as the black crow flew around me, laughing maliciously.

I felt myself breaking and going insane when I felt a sudden lifting sensation and then my mind was filled with a bright light.

The final nightmare was over.

Now I could finally rest.

--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.

Hello All!

Okay I have something to say. I know that you hate me for what happened to Vinny but he really is gone. He's not coming back. I'm really sad to see such an amazing character go but it had to be done to make the story work. When I'm all done with the story I'm going to add a few more chapters towards the beginning ish.

Please forgive me.

Your fellow reader and writer,

Laura

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

980 49 32
Cara Darling lives in the streets of 1920s London, England with her best friend, James Hook. They do everything together: steal tomatoes from the loc...
348 36 27
Lord of the Flies + Game of Thrones + A little Pixie Dust = The Pan of Neverland Unravel the backstory to the classic world of Peter Pan and dive int...
4.9K 408 24
Book One of Pan of Never Duology Have you ever wondered what came after Wendy and the other Darlings? What of all the other children Peter has visite...
216K 6.5K 38
In the wake of an abrupt storm, Davina Jones is violently torn from all she holds dear, finding herself marooned on an island whispered of in childre...