Serious in Love ✔

By crescendo_s

What happens when a crazy boy and a crazy girl get in a relationship? When they have been crazy for as long a... More

Foreword
Prologue
1- "I'm home, dear husbando."
2- "Suck it up like we suck it up to our lives."
3- "Something's wrong with us."
4- "Breakup sex?"
5- "Our love hasn't gone- It has just lost it's way."
6- "We'll see who crushes who."
7- "Cos you're loud and whiny like a parrot."
9- "Good going, Baweja. Keep fantasizing about me."
10~ "Kinda like remixing an old song into a modern one."
11- "Let's get bored together. We'll be less bored that way."
12- "My interests are like a chameleon: changing and adapting."
13- "Take us to the Great Wall of China."
14- "I didn't empty my pockets to watch this shit."
15- "I need to cool down my crack- head."
16- "That's brutal love to its finest."
17- "The day when one of my dreams came true."
18- "I was simply messing with your lipstick."
19- "Love is like wine- Gets better with age."
20- "Beauty is always tainted."
21- "Only a bitch can bite another bitch."
Author's note
22- "Get the fuck out of my life."
23- "You're such a bad tease."
24- "I'm truly gonna miss you guys."
25- "Since when did cliches became a reality?"
26- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."
27- "Even a cupid has to work 24/7."
28- "You'll always be the one who got away."
29- "We are on the road to La la land."
30- "You'll always be my stupid."
31- "Nothing of this insanity makes sense to me."
32- "No matter where you go, or whom you be with, you'll never find me."
33- "One who bears the queen will have my heart."
34~ "Let's get engaged."
35~ "Will you marry me?"
36~ "I'll treasure it for infinity, pun intended."
Epilogue (Part I)
Epilogue (Part II)
BONUS Chapter

8- "We call this air dancing, baby & its completely original."

217 15 76
By crescendo_s

VANSH

It would seem absolutely ridiculous to write your guest's name on a piece of paper, raise it above your head for that person see and recognize you outside the airport. Such was the case of strangers but the guest I was about to pick up wasn't a stranger. Far from that, actually. And that's exactly why I did this.

A couple of minutes ago, I received a call from her, informing me that she landed. Excitement bubbled inside of me at the anticipation of seeing her. I even took a half day leave, saving her from the endless wait.

Both of us wore a grinning smile, the moment our eyes met. She walked forward, dragging her bag like suitcase along. Upon seeing her name plate, she facepalmed, still smiling. “Now why am I not surprised?”

“You shouldn't be. It shows that you still haven't forgotten about me.”

She took her name plate and raised her head to me, her eyes softening. “I haven't forgotten about any one of you. You have no idea how much I missed you guys. I just...” She trailed off, stepping forward and the next moment I was hugging this beautiful blonde.

“Welcome of Boston, Lisanna Harrington!” I said after we parted.

She chuckled before placing a friendly kiss on my cheek. “You better make it worth it, Vansh.”

~

Lisa and I had promised to visit each other atleast once, during my stay here. She had already fulfilled her part by coming here today. She would be staying at my apartment for the weekend. Since she was tired from the long three hour flight, she stole the afternoon away by taking a nice baby nap. She slept on my bed (after lots of insisting) while I slept on the living room. At evening, we took a short walk around the locality although it was clear that none of us were in the mood to explore any further.

“So how's Boston so far?”

I rubbed my chin, “Well to be completely honest, I haven't explored the place much. So far I've only seen Harvard University, Central park and the market. I know, I know, it's been more than a month but can you blame me? I never got enough time or someone to accompany me to. It's boring to explore alone.”

“What about the friends that you made here? That Pakistani guy you mentioned about?”

“Irfan, huh. I wouldn't go as far as to claim him my buddy. More like an acquaintance. We talk in the office and sometimes hang out during lunch but that's all it. I talk to almost everyone in my group. They are friendly but some are weird.” I shrugged.

“Aw!” she said, pulling a sympathetic face. “Don't worry, now that I'm here, we'll dissect this city.”

“That's my intention,” I said enthusiastically and raised my head, viewing the descending, orange sun in the space between the tall buildings. “Wanna head back?”

“Sure,” she said, fishing out her smartphone and turned on the camera. Then positioning it above her head, she motioned me to stand beside her. “But first things first. Here, take a selfie since you're tall.”

After having dinner, we made ourselves comfortable, sitting at the ends of the sofa. The conversation got flowing as we talked about our daily lives and work.

“It's the first time I've witnessed a guy talking that much. It's like someone had left his mad dog to chase after him. My ears couldn't take it,” I complained about Irfan.

She chuckled, “I think Georgia and that colleague of yours would compete with each other. They would be a perfect match. Hey, you mentioned having an Indian too in your team. Not to forget Shreya too. I mean what are the chances that you happen to reconcile with your classmate at your workplace? Don't you ever talk to them.”

“You know how it is with Shreya. We barely talked in college and we barely talk now. It's the same. We simply greet ourselves when we meet across the hallway. I've only talked to her properly twice till now. As for Natasha, don't even get me started. She's a different specie altogether. She should actually stick a label of a mood swinger on her forehead. You can't figure out her mood or why she is responding the way she does. So I keep my distance with her. Lisa, I'm telling you, there are a lot of weirdos in my team including our candy loving boss.”

“Says the one who mixed five food items at once just so you could eat it in one go. You and Ahana, both," she accused while I scoffed. Then she raised a brow at me. “Speaking about Ahana and you...”

“Oh no...” I cringed knowing well enough what will come next.

"Oh yes! Just what in the name of Lord Christ happened with your relationship? Like how, when and why? You two were doing so great. Do you know how shocked I was, when Ahana told me about her breakup? It's like telling us that Taylor Swift quit singing. That's how much we were shocked.”

“One question at a time Lisa, one at a time,” I frowned, waving my hand. “And it's a temporary breakup, not a permanent one. As for your question, I don't have any concrete answer to give. It's not like we had a huge fight, it wasn't even a family crisis. We... We just weren't into it as we were before. Our fast paced lives changed us and our relationship. We were afraid of where we were heading off to so we decided to stop and part ways for the time being. Sounds lame, right?”

“Kind of yeah, to be brutally honest but I'm sure you two must have thought hard about this.”

“We did,” I muttered. I shifted to lay on the sofa with my hands behind my head. “But seriously yaar, why is it so hard to maintain a relationship? Why can't we just stay with one love throughout our lives?”

“We all wish the same, Vansh,” Lisa answered with a sigh. “I think we are all lost in the abyss of time. We get lost and lose sight of some things in the process but then find ourselves again.”

“That's fucking deep. Well, I hope we all find our way back again. Like me and Ahana... You and Dhruv,” I threw the names casually, expecting her to react and indeed she did by throwing a knowing look. “You know I talked to Dhruv the other day and he mentioned about a dazzling girl that works in his team. Her name is Meena.”

Lisa rolled her eyes. “Go on. I'm not going to fall for your lies this time.”

“Arrey but I'm not lying. Wait, I'll show you her pics on Insta if you like. She's damn hot!” I said, taking out my smartphone and logging on to Instagam.

A shadow of doubt crossed over her face. “N- no you're lying. Dhruv told me about his team members once. There was no such girl as Meena,” She told me, her voice hesitant.

I raised a suspicious brow, “So you guys talk? Hm, I clearly remember my dearest friend saying that he didn't, that bastard.”

A slight blush crept up her cheeks. As if realizing that, she looked away. “We do talk sometimes you know. Just like how I talk to you, Pragya and Ahana. And that sometimes is like once or twice a month,” she admitted, making me chuckle.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever makes you sleep at night,” I teased while she continued to glare at me. I went on to tease her some more, infuriating her to the point where she covered herself with her quilt and went to sleep. I took my cover as well and proceeded to sleep on the couch with a winning smile on my face. That's how you treat your guests, suckers.

The weekend kicked off with a bang. Lisa and I were mostly out during the next two days, exploring the city and showing off in the social media by clicking dozens of photos. We got successful in getting a reaction out of the leftover gang as they expressed their jealousy over the comments. Later in the apartment, we decided to hold a joint video call with the four of them. It lasted for almost two hours until Lisa and I were too sleepy to stay awake at 3 am. It couldn't be helped due to the vast difference in the time zones. Despite that, I savored every second of those two hours. Even though I was talking to Ahana, Dhruv and Pragya on screen, it made me feel like they all were here, laughing alongside us. It brought my crazy college self back to the point where I was occasionally flirt- teasing with Ahana, earning suspicious looks from the rest. I was thankful to Ahana for being chirpy with me despite the bitter conversation we had last time. The rest of the gang kept Ahana's hopes up in between with regards to her loss of job. Even I could tell that she was feeling a lot more better after that.

In between our talks, gags, and teasing, I realized their lack of presence in my life. Nostalgia kicked in, turning us into sentimental idiots. Lisa almost teared up in the middle, making rest of the girls well up too. Dhruv even told me to hug Lisa in his place while casually trying to calm her down. It made me think that perhaps things weren't completely over between them. That's what I hoped—for them— as well as for us (Ahana and I).

Lisa left at Sunday evening, not only leaving a enjoyable memory behind her but making me lonely as well. Regardless I thanked her for stopping by, despite her job and promised to meet her as well. In the end, I just had to suck it up and go on with my life, hoping all of us could gather up for real someday.

~

“I always wanted to try it. Hope you're not butthurt,” Ahana told me on the phone.

“It does make me a bit insecure to be honest, but that's natural human behavior. Infact, I'm not even surprised you went on a blind date. I always knew you were a sneaky, little pixie who would try to fly away if she got the opportunity.”

In order to pass the shitload of free time Ahana had, she decided to go on a blind date. She made a temporary account on Tinder and let her best friend Nisha pick on a date for her. It was an IT guy named Prithvi. They chatted once and added each other on their Insta account to know that they were real. Just yesterday, they met up at Mc Donald and spent four hours together.

“We even played try- to- guess- about- me game. Though he didn't seem like my kind of guy— he's a bit self centered and nerdy but still, spending a day with a barely known stranger was a different experience in itself. It was totes fun, I tell you.” Aside from her voice, I could hear faint sounds of her mouth working against food. An image formed in my head where she was lying on bed in tee and shorts, with one leg crossing the other, talking casually on the phone while munching down chips. Somehow that image turned me on.

I tried to let that sensuous image off for now and paid attention to her words instead. Just. Plain. Words. “You make me envious. I'm busy as a fucking machine over here. Maybe I should try this blind date too.” My voice became smaller in the end.

“You should, Vansh. If you want I can make a temporary account of your name and choose a decent date for you. Then you can talk and meet her on the weekend.”

A temporary ex girlfriend suggesting me to go out with a new girl— Only Ahana could do that. “I'm amazed at how cool you are about it. Wouldn't you be jealous?”

“I would but... Okay, this might sound like a total reverse psychology to you but when I was spending time with Prithvi, I couldn't help but compare him to you. Like the way he talked, laughed or even presented himself. And that's when I kinda lost him. You seemed so much better, so amazing than him. Not that he was bad but you get it, right? Maybe if you meet a girl and— God, forbid not better than me— but if you interact with her, you might feel the same way too. Plus it'd be adventurous.”

I took in her words, getting into a thinking mode. “You might have a point. To be honest, I don't fancy having a blind date or a date for that matter but now I'll have to reconsider after what you've told me.”

She hummed. “Tell me all about it when any such thing happens, okay?”

“Roger,” I said and suddenly remembered what I had to do with her this time. I had almost forgotten about it. It was something that sprung in my mind after watching a certain scene from a movie. “Ahana, are you free? I mean you aren't going anywhere right?”

“No, why?”

Perfect!

I stood up from the couch right away, feeling enthusiastic all of a sudden. “Okay, we're going to do something exciting. First off, lock your door.”

“Vansh!” she exclaimed. “I understand that you have carnal desires. Believe me, even I have too but let me remind you that we—”

“Are just friends,” I completed her sentence. “Yes, I'm totally aware despite imagining you lying in those sexy shorts with those sexy legs, I want to run my hands on, and fuck the living daylights out of you—”

Vansh!” she exclaimed, louder this time after which we bursted out laughing. “So what is it, then?”

“First, turn on the video.” While I turn off myself.

Light frictional noise was heard from the other side until my screen came to life with her face painted on it. For a minute, we were simply talking rubbish and smiling idiotically at each other until I managed to silence her. “Good, now raise your mobile to the level of your face. Raise your other hand as well.”

She did exactly that, looking adorably puzzled with her pursued lips. “Are you experimenting virtual bondage?”

I tittered, “Don't you dare go down that dirty lane when I just barely got out of it. Okay, it's actually very simple. You see these hands—” I paused to make her view my half closed palm through my mobile screen. “Are going to hold yours.”

Her eyes widened with surprise. “Seriously? Are you going to—?”

“Yes, stop interrupting me. You see this other hand,” I said switching my mobile to the left hand. I dropped my right free hand to the level of my stomach. “Imagine them holding your lower back.”

She made a small 'o' with her lips and got creative as well as she raised her palm horizontally to the level of her face. She focused her screen to show it to me. "And this is my hand on your neck."

We brought our mobiles in front to make it look like we were looking at each other. “Now move your right leg while I move as well...”

With one hand hanging mid- air and another positioned to face the camera, we began moving. A step to the left, one to the right, then forward to backward. Another idea struck in my head as I positioned my mobile to the room before me. “Can you see me?”

“No Van, I'm only seeing your room. Where did you go?”

I smirked even though she couldn't see it. “Behind you, holding you close,” I whispered, pretending to say it in her ear.

I could tell she was smiling ear to ear from the faint sound of awwing she made just now. I know she'll compliment me next. “And I'm circling your arms around my waist. Seriously did you watch a romantic movie or what? You can't be this romantic.”

I laughed and turned the screen to display my face. She was Ahana after all. “We call this air dancing baby,” I stated, with a wink. “And it's completely original I assure you.”

She stood straight and I followed as well. “Good thing no one can see me like this otherwise I would be sent for a psychological checkup. Why are we doing this again?”

Possibly make up for not being there for you earlier. Because I'm bored as hell,” I said instead.

It was awkward in the beginning but we gradually got used to the fact that we were virtual dancing. The mood around us shifted drastically. The room felt brighter, the ground felt lighter and we became swifter. With Ahana's voice and her face in the screen, it became easier to imagine her dancing next to me. It was like a magic spell where I was allowed to see an illusion of her for a few minutes. We began taking two steps at a time, sometimes moving in circles, sometimes breaking the rhythm to show a funny move. It was hilarious and exciting. Whatever popped into our mind next, we did. Must say I had a good laugh over the past hour.

“Now bend backwards as much as you can.”

With a mocking smile playing on her lips, she did just that while at the same time, I bent forward, pretending to hold her. “It was an honor dancing with a lovely lady such as you. Graciousa,” I said and blew a kiss on the screen, earning a chuckle from her.

After standing up, she sort of placed her hand around the device, pretending to hug me. “No, it was an honor dancing with such a fine gentleman as you. Thank you so much Vansh, you truly made my day. You are the best,” She said with emotion and threw a kiss back as well. Seeing her happy made me one too. Looks like my bizarre mission was a success.

~

The upcoming week our office held a monthly gathering as usual, followed up by a party in the evening. It was held in a mansion that the head of this project owned. It wasn't even surprising that all our team members showed up this time, along with members from the other team, turning it into a huge gathering. Although I was interacting with everyone, I was with Irfan mostly. He too was stuck with me like we were long lost buddies for no goddamn reason. Not that I mind, it was better to have some company rather than being alone in the crowd. After few drinks and shots later, I noticed the mood around us gradually shifting. Few men and women were sitting close, openly flirting with each other while few others were drinking hard and emptying their bowels in the toilets. Seeing their pathetic state compelled me to remain sober this time.

A little while later, I felt the need to pee as well. As per the instructions, the washroom was somewhere, past a narrow corridor. I was going to walk past through it, when I caught on a certain activity at the end. More like two shadows in the dark. I could only see them because of the light coming from the window beyond the corridor. They seemed to be sort of groping and making out with each other. When the shadows diminished in the presence of light, I recognized the glasses guy. He was the receptionist from the second floor, Dave. Suddenly the couple changed their positions with the man's back and the woman's front, facing my direction this time. The light now casted on the side of her figure and I froze, recognizing her right away. She was the mood- swinger, grey eyed woman. What's more, she seemed to have caught my eye as well. Before they could stop their scandalous activity to glare at their intruder, I did them a favor and fleed in search for another washroom. Considering the sheer size of the bungalow, I'm sure it had plenty of them.

I returned to the living room after emptying my bladder, only to discover that Irfan was nowhere to be seen. I clearly remember him mentioning about going home together in a cab so we could share our bill. As if on cue, Irfan's call came just in time to know the answer.

“I was just on my way to sue you for ditching me, you liar. I didn't even bring my debit card today.” I accused him.

Irfan simply laughed in response, “No need to waste your energy on that, I'm very much here.”

“Really?” I asked, looking at all directions while hearing loud music coming from his end. It wasn't the noise from the living room. “Where the hell are you?”

“Upstairs at the first floor, bro. Playing poker with Richie and Co,” he barked over the animalistic laughing coming from his end. “It's getting shit crazy in here.”

“I can hear that. Fine, I'm on my way. Where in the first floor?” I asked proceeding to the wide staircase.

“The movie room,” With that he cut the call.

Strangely, I couldn't hear any noise clatter when I arrived in the first floor. Maybe the room was sound proof since it was a movie room. I began searching for it by simply opening the unlocked doors, all the while praying not to catch another pair in the middle of their make out session. In case the room happened to be empty like the first bedroom was, I would simply go to check it out. It was starting to look like a child's quest. Maybe I could steal something and return it to the living room, just how I did in college. Then again, this wasn't college and I valued my job way more than my crazy ideology. I entered the third room which turned out to be study table of sorts. It had two study tables and a sofa at the opposite corner. I was about to make my exit when I heard the screeching sound of the door behind me, making all my neck hair stand. I felt like a victim from a horror movie as I turned around only to see Natasha sneaking in.

“Oh, it's only you, thank God!” I heaved a sigh of relief. It might have been weird if it'd been one of the residents.

She gave me a suspicious eye. “You sound like you were in the middle of some hideous expedition. Was I disturbing, perhaps?”

“Not at all. I was just looking around. I mean who would pass an opportunity to look around a mansion. Not me atleast.”

She nodded, walking towards one of the tables and running her fingers at the dark surface. “You're right. One wouldn't pass looking around the mansion to miss an opportunity.”

I stifled back a cough at her supposingly double meaning comment. Not knowing how to respond, I simply ignored it. After a minute of claustrophobic silence, I spoke up. “By the way, do you know where's...” I cleared my throat as she took slow steps towards me. “Where's the movie room?” I swallowed.

A small smile played at the corner of her lips. “Sadly, no, I have no idea.”

“O- okay,” I shuttered when she reached to the side of the other table, where I was standing. What was she doing? That sly smile of hers was starting to freak me out. Plus the fact that it was just the two of us in a pin drop silent room wasn't helping. Maybe she was trying to warn me off because of what I discovered back earlier. Unknowingly, I took a step back, raising my hand in defense. “It was an accident.”

“Accident?”

“Yes! You see, I was on my way to the washroom which was at the other side of the corridor. You and Dave just happened to block my way. Was it my fault that I happened to see you? No. You should have been more discreet then. Even so, I didn't went around gossiping about you two so no worries, your secret rendezvous is safe with me. I won't—”

I was cut off by her laughter. “The washroom is on the right side, idiot, not at the end of the corridor. And why are you justifying yourself? It's normal. But good thing you didn't tell anyone,” she said, taking a step forward while at the same time I took a step back dunno why. Something seemed really fishy about her. “What are you doing?”

“What are you doing?!” I questioned back, perplexed.

“Me? Good question. Well, honestly, I'm getting bored with this party. That guy, Dave was it? He was an awful kisser. I swear I could smell onion till here. I regret flirting with him now. Do you know what he called me? My strawberry munchkin. Can you fuckin believe that? Eek, I feel sour!” She rambled, pouring all her frustration on me God knows why. Then she raised her head to me and took another step forward. I didn't move back this time since I didn't want to appear as a wuss but then, she outdid herself by running a finger over my chest and cast a seductive look at me. “Maybe you could help me.”

“Huh?!”

Her lips curled upwards. “I suggest we move out of this place and spend the night together, just you and me,” She said, lowering her voice down to a whisper.

My nose scrunched at a transformed stranger before me while my body tensed like cement under her touch. Instinctively, I stepped back from her finger. “Did you get your head hit by a truck or did the driver gave marijuana to you?”

She looked at me incredulously. “I'm assuming it's a no then.”

“Isn't that obvious?”

“Why?” She pouted and fluttered her eyes, appearing to be innocent. “What's wrong with me? Am I not sexy enough.”

This must be the first time I've seen a girl act this desperate, that too with me. Maybe I should be giving props to myself for that but honestly, I didn't care. “I have a girlfriend. A serious one.” Yeah, that should do it. She's bound to step back at that.

She waved a dismissive hand at me. “Puft, don't lie. I know you're single. Temporary single or whatever ish that Irfan told me.”

That treacherous bastard! Anyways, I'll deal with him later but first- her. I rubbed the back of my chin, my eyes drawn to the periodic table stuck at the wall. Man, this was awkward. Never I had to deal with such a situation before. 'Just be calm, be calm' I told myself before speaking up. “Uh, I don't mean to be rude or anything but aren't you being a bit persistent here? Or maybe... Maybe you are just not used to rejection.”

Her brows shot up but strangely her smile didn't falter. Creepy. “Seriously? I just don't understand why a normal looking guy would reject someone like me.”

I swear my jaw fucking dropped off the table. Was she for real? I let out a sarcastic laugh. “Like you're Jacklene Fernandes.”

She shrugged. “Obviously I'm not her or any of those celebs but I think I'm smart enough to charm off the pants of any man. They mostly think with their dicks after all.”

Can someone be seriously be that shallow? God she was getting on my nerves. “Then your brain must be small for possessing a thinking so narrow.”

She made a small 'o' with her lips. “But it's the bitter truth, darling. I'm speaking from experience. I don't even have to work hard at seducing them. They are easy to fall prey into,” she defended cooly then dropped her voice down to a whisper near my ear. “I'm sure I can make you fall too.”

I could literally feel a nerve ticking off inside my head as I clenched my jaw in anger. I turned to her, more like zeroed my eyes on her, my calm demeanor flying out of the window. “You're not even that good looking as your cocky self claims you to be. I bet even Richie's forty year old wife looks way hotter than you,” I told her and took a step closer, “Infact, you won't be able to seduce even if you stand naked in front of me.”

If she was offended by my verbal attack she didn't show, instead her brows shot up seeming more amused than ever. “Is that so, Baweja?” she asked softly and noticed the biggest, creepiest smirk planted on her face as of yet. “Well then, you'll just have to prove it to me.”

What she did next had almost my eyes out of my sockets. She actually started popping up the buttons of her dark purple shirt. At first I thought she was bluffing as she opened her first button but then she unbuttoned her second and the third till I could see the part of her skin below her collarbone. Not wanting to degrade my eyes any further I covered them with my palm. I didn't even know how long I had covered my eyes until a voice entered the room that was neither mine or Natasha.

“Dude, what are you doing? Why are you covering your eyes? Did something happen, Nat?”

Carefully I unveiled my eyes, focusing on what was in front of me. “Can't you see Gary, she's—” I told him, my gaze darting back to Natasha only to notice her shirt buttons... Buttoned.

“She's, what?” Gary asked, exchanging looks between the two of us, confused.

Massaging my forehead with my fingers, I answered. “Nothing Gary. A bee just happened to almost hit my eye. It was hurting so I had it covered while Natasha here, was trying to get it outside the window.” God, what was I saying? Should have come up with a better lie than that.

“Oh, I see, but then why are you two here in the first place?”

I was going to cover it with yet another lie but Natasha beat me upto it. “We were just looking around Gar. I mean, duh, who would pass an opportunity to look around a mansion,” she said, using the exact same words as me while shooting me a knowing glance. I almost rolled my eyes at that. “We'll be on our way soon.”

"Okay, uh, enjoy the sightseeing," he said with a unusual shrug.

A few seconds after Gary's exit, I got the opportunity to hear the most infuriating laugh from Natasha's vocal chords. It was like a volcano that had bursted.

“Your face— Oh my God— innocently priceless! You actually covered your eyes. You thought I was gonna strip my shirt in front of you, didn't you?! Ridiculous. Others would have killed to catch a glimpse but you, puft—” she cracked, clutching on to her stomach laughing hard. A notebook was lying on the table right in front of me, and I couldn't help but imagine how wonderful it would be to tear a paper off and gag her mouth with it. My hands were aching to do it. She kept blabbering inappropriate nonsense about how innocent I was and that she sympathized for my blue balls since they never got any action. I didn't feel the need to tell her I was experienced. Infact, why was even I standing here listening to her crap? Wordlessly, I started heading towards the exit.

“Awe, you going already. Come on, this night was just starting to get exciting.”

“Sorry but I don't fancy entertaining little, sadistic babies l,” I don't even know what I was saying. I just didn't want her to outdo me anymore.

“Hm,” I heard her from behind. Her sandals made a click sound against the marble floor as she neared and finally halted her steps, standing in front of me. She regarded me for a while until she pointed a finger up. “Let's play a game.”

“Huh?”

She smirked wider. “Yes. If you claim that men aren't easy to fall prey into, then prove it to me. Be that man who wouldn't give a shit even after I seduce you multiple times. Fifteen days— You'll just have to bear fifteen torturous days with me. Well, you can always choose to give in to me if you can't bear it. It's your choice. Either be sexually frustrated or lose it by giving in. Either way, I'll have you dancing around my fingers.”

What was she going on about? What happened to the workaholic and intelligent co- worker I knew? It's like I was facing a devil twin sister of her. What could I have possibly done to suddenly make her treat me like this? God even Pragya wasn't as irritating as this one. Infact she seemed far more bearable now.

I had only one thing left to do. “I don't have time for this childish shit. Bye.”

“Fine, go. I have no right to force you however, I'll automatically assume you were bluffing and that all men are dickheads.”

“You're just saying that to provoke me.”

“I'm just saying that to prove you wrong and maybe have you too. No?” she guessed when I didn't answer. “Tch, tch, tch— Dickhead. Yet another dickhead.”

That word ticked off a nerve and the next moment, I was standing close to her face, my nose flaring. “Fine, I'll accept it— Challenge or whatever. In return you'll have to pay for canteen food as long as I'm here. Clear?”

She seemed stunned for a moment until she blinked. “And what if I win?”

For the first time since our encounter,  I had the upper hand. “Ha, as if that will happen. You won't be able to do anything since we'll only meet in the office unless you cut off your dignity by acting shameless in front of everyone. Also, I won't be meeting you outside even if you call me so either way, it's free food for me.” I didn't know the reason behind her obnoxious approach today but I surely knew that she cared about her reputation in the office. This was bound to back her off.

“You're right. I won't be able to do anything in the office. Work is work,” she said, shaking her head in dismay. Just when I thought she would forget about it, she smiled. The kind of sweet but cunning smile a winner gives to a loser. “You think I didn't consider this? I'll figure something out. I always do. I love a good challenge after all. This is going to be so much fun. Fuck my boring life,” she said, pulling her own cheek in excitement while all the color drained from my face.

I heaved a sigh of relief after I heard the melodic sound of the exit door being opened by her. “Oh, and the movie room is after two rooms to the right. Sweet dreams, dickhead,” She said her parting words, making me flinch. When I turned to the door, she was out of my sight by the grace of God. I sighed loudly this time.

What in the name of all things holy just happened?

God, this woman was insane with all the capital letters. I hit my head for being the bigger idiot here. Now I knew I love challenges but why did I have to agree to a barbaric challenge such as that? The key here was not to be triggered but I did exactly that. I hoped she would forget about it, the next day but I had a strong feeling she wouldn't. Her show of persistence was enough proof of that.

My mood was murdered during the the rest of the party, thanks to that lunatic bitch. 'This is going to be so much fun!' Her words ran inside my head like a menacing threat and a chill ran through my spine. Why do I get this terrible, terrible feeling? Maybe it was just me panicking. I mean how could she ever seduce anyone within the work premises? Fifteen days would be over in a jiffy. I had nothing to worry about.

Nothing at all.

⚫⚪⚫⚪⚫

D e d i c a t e d   t o

shachiseth for her gracious support.

A u t h o r' s  N o t e

So, many things happened in this chapter? Did you like seeing Lisa again? The virtual dance between Ahansh? And the last part. What are your thoughts about it? 😂 Like what was Natasha doing exactly? Comment your thoughts.

*in Natasha's seductive voice* See you in the next chapter, bitches. 😈😈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 1.8K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
100K 5.3K 42
What happens when two best friends already broken, due to some incidents in past are at loggerheads with each other, in the present even and a girl's...
1.7M 91.2K 59
[FEATURED] Shruti never had marriage in her life plan. For her, it was, ❝Shaadi aur bacche, dusron ke hi achhe.❞ (Marriage and children benefit only...
56.6K 5.2K 19
Don't judge a book by it's cover or name just start read the story and u will love it❤..Cover pic from Google Riddhima and Vansh were in relationshi...