A Summer's Secret

By _cynical

Secrets come with a price. Asia Cassidy is about to learn that secrets aren't free (and are not that easy t... More

EPIGRAPH
Prologue
☼Chapter 1 [[THE SECRET]]
☼Chapter 2
☼Chapter 3
☼Chapter 4
☼Chapter 5
☼Chapter 6
☼Chapter 7
☼Chapter 8
☼Chapter 9
☼Chapter 10
☼Chapter 11
☼Chapter 12
☼Chapter 13 [[ THE TRUTH ]]
☼Chapter 14
☼Chapter 15
☼Chapter 16
☼Chapter 17
☼Chapter 18
☼Chapter 19
☼Chapter 20
☼Chapter 21
☼Chapter 22
☼Chapter 23
☼Chapter 24
☼Chapter 25
☼Chapter 26
☼Chapter 27
☼Chapter 28
☼Chapter 29
☼Chapter 30
☼Chapter 31
☼Chapter 32
☼Chapter 33 [The Revelation]
☼Chapter 34
☼Chapter 35
☼Chapter 36
Epilogue

Bonus

3.3K 79 16
By _cynical

This chapter contains bonus materials such as character and story fun facts as well as playlists and other stuff.

1. Asia's full name is Asia Gertrude Cassidy, she was named Gertrude after her great grandmother and coincidentally Gertrude is a name in one of William Shakespeare's novels, Hamlet. Hamlet is one of Aiden Walker's favorite Shakespearean works.

2. Asia (shockingly) is not the only character in the story who was coincidentally named after a character in Shakespeare's works. Her twin brother, Claude Augustus Cassidy, also shares his name with a supporting character in one of Shakespeare's plays named  Octavius Augustus Caesar.

3. And... the two Cassidy's aren't the only ones linked to Shakespeare as Emerald Delaney's first dog was named Shakespeare, her second one, a great dane, was named Van Gogh after the great artist of the same name. 

4. Aiden Walker's birthday is on July 16, he shares the same birthday as me. 

5. Asia Cassidy's parents were originally named Ariel and Eric, but I decided to change that because it just felt so corny. (I actually even thought about naming then Barbie and Ken...eww)

6. Aiden Walker really has three step sisters, Hayley Young is one of them and is the youngest being the same age as Aiden. The other two sisters were mentioned briefly in the story. The eldest sister was mentioned in chapter 3, her name is Wendy. The second sister was mentioned in chapter 14 and her name is 'Kat' short for Kathy. 

7. Aiden is a huge fan of classic literature and was found reading Charles Dickens' unfinished book. The title of that book is 'The Mystery of Edwin Drood'. 

8. Ms. Mackenzie (their literature teacher) was loosely based on Professory Trelawney, the mystical teacher of Divination from the Harry Potter books.

9. Holly's full name is actually Holly Veronica Cassidy-Cross, as London named her after Sam's mother and Sam actually adopted her as his own. Nobody knows who Holly's dad really is and whether she's named after a flower or Hollywood. 

10. Asia is not into books or movies and the only literature she's actually interested in is Harry Potter, she however is actually pretty adept at geography and history which may (or may not) come in handy in her chosen career path.

11. Asia originally was supposed to have a crush on Ethan Gray, and although it may seem like he actually likes her too, he was just actually trying to be close to her to help his friend, Aiden, out. 

12. Cade Matthews, Sam's cousin is actually a very talented painter, however none of his family, apart from Sam, cared about his interest in the art.

13. Emerald Delaney is Jewish, and she and Asia actually became friends because Asia wouldn't stop asking her questions about Jewish traditions and customs back in fifth grade.

14. Asia's favorite ice cream flavor is strawberry and it's no surprise that she loves that flavor because it's my favorite ice cream flavor as well.

15. Hayley Young and her sisters are half Korean and when their parents separated they started to live with their American father and spend their summers in Korea with their mother.

(Time is based on London's wedding)

1. Asia Cassidy really went to Brown to pursue a career in International Relations. (She wants to be the future United States ambassadress to the UAE)

2. Aiden Walker is working to become a doctor and is in Harvard University to pursue his medical career. 

3. Claude didn't back out from Bartlett School of Architecture and rumor has it that he even has a British girlfriend now.

4. Ethan Gray, Aiden's bestfriend, is also in Harvard University and has joined the Harvard Crimson football team.

5. Emerald Delaney, Asia's bestfriend, went to Juilliard to pursue a career as a playwright. Unfortunately, the annoying drama guy Ezra Levine (see chapter 23 and 30) is there too. Will real romance blossom between them? or will they be competing for a spotlight and continuously ruin each others' lives?

6. London Cassidy-Cross, with the help of Sam and her new mother-in-law (who seemed to be so fond of her), has now opened her own clothing line and is working to be a renowned fashion designer under the mentorship of no other than Veronica Cross herself. 

7. Cade Matthews is already in the last year of his undergraduate program prior to proceeding to Medicine at the Warren Alpert Medical School. He occasionally goes on coffee study outs with Asia during his free time.

8. Patrice Sinclair, Asia's old neighbor, went on a roadtrip to California and under some weird circumstance, she was discovered by a talent scout and is now trying to memorize a two-paragraph script for her role as a waitress in a Sofia Coppola directed movie. 

9. Glen, one of Claude's best friends, went on to become a musician and has started a band together with 3 other friends. 

10. Hayley Young decided she wanted to be more badass and work with more machines (more motorbikes and more cars) so she decided to enroll in an engineering program in a College in  Massachusetts. She and Ethan Gray are rumored to be dating for 2 months. 

1. This story used to be called Charming's Secret before being renamed to A Summer's Secret

2. There used to be chapters in Aiden Walker's POV but I decided to take it down. I realized I wanted to keep his thoughts to make him more mysterious, I guess?

3. My favorite development, aside from Asia and Aiden's love story, is the development of the relationship between the Cassidy siblings especially Asia and London's. 

4. I actually do not like Emerald Delaney as much as the other characters for some reason. 

5. Inspirations for the story were pretty random but I really was interested in my Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology class that is why I decided to incorporate some medical stuff in my story. 

6. I really intend for Asia not to remember her memories with Aiden. Sorry for getting your hopes up or something.

7. I decided that my stories (I have this and Like Promised Stars so far) will be in the same universe so maybe in one occasion or another, the characters are going to cross paths.

8. It actually took me around 3 years to finish this story. I started it December 2013 and ended December 2016.

9. Cade Matthews almost didn't make it in to the story as I initially thought he would just be in one chapter, but I realized that his role when he met Asia helped her grow in a way and so I decided to keep him because he seemed like a very nice guy in an adorable older brother sort of way.

10. I just had to write this part because I got uncomfortable with seeing that this story has '39'  parts. I just thought it would help me sleep at night knowing it has 40 published parts

༺ ༻  

Amnesia- 5 Seconds of Summer

I wish that I could wake up with amnesia

And forget about the stupid little things

Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you

And the memories I never can escape ❞ 

༺ ༻  

Aquaman- Walk the Moon

So here we go head first

And no regrets and no rules

We can stay as long as we want

Slow dancing in the darkness

And all I know is I wanna be here with you from now on 

༺ ༻  

Beautiful- Mariah Carey ft. Miguel 

❝Hop on the back of my bike

Let the good wind blow through your hair

With an ass like that and a smile so bright

Oh, you're killing me, you know it ain't fair ❞

༺ ༻  

Best Shot- Birdy feat. James Young 

❝ Nothing can stop us if we believe.

Here giving it my best shot, baby, I find that we can be free

When you're here, here with me.❞

༺ ༻  

Didn't Stand a Chance- Travis Garland 

❝ You've been hiding it all for so long.

They can't see there's a war going on

Because what you think of me conflicts what you feel for me.

Baby it's hard. I know.❞

༺ ༻  

Haven't Met You Yet- Michael Buble 

❝I might have to wait, I'll never give up

I guess it's half timing and the other half's luck

Wherever you are, whenever it's right

You'll come out of nowhere and into my life.❞

༺ ༻  

I Love You Always Forever- Donna Lewis

Those days of warm rains come rushing back to me

Miles of windless summer night air

Secret moments shared in the heat of the afternoon

Out of the stillness, soft spoken words

Say, say it again. 

Latch (Acoustic)- Sam Smith 

❝Now I've got you in my space

I won't let go of you

Got you shackled in my embrace

I'm latching on to you.❞

༺ ༻  

Livewire- Oh Wonder

❝Oh won't you be my livewire?

Make me feel like I'm set on fire

Your love will take me higher and higher

Oh won't you be my livewire, my livewire?❞

༺ ༻  

One and Only- Adele

❝ I don't know why I'm scared, I've been here before

Every feeling, every word, I've imagined it all,

You never know if you never try

To forgive your past and simply be mine.❞

༺ ༻  

Past Lives- BØRNS

❝So save that heart for me

Cause girl you know that you're my destiny

Swear to the moon, the stars, the sons, and the daughters

Our love is deeper than the oceans of water.❞

༺ ༻  

Photograph- Ed Sheeran

❝We keep this love in a photograph

We made these memories for ourselves

Where our eyes are never closing

Hearts are never broken

And time's forever frozen still.❞

༺ ༻  

Pink Skies- LANY  

❝ We can work it out you and I are meant to be together

This is how it's supposed to feel I'm in love with how this feels.❞

༺ ༻  

The Man Who Can't Be Moved- The Script

❝ They don't understand

I'm not broke - I'm just a broken-hearted man

I know it makes no sense but what else can I do?

How can I move on when I'm still in love with you?❞

༺ ༻  

Time After Time- Eva Cassidy

❝ If you're lost you can look - and you will find me

Time after time

If you fall I will catch you - I'll be waiting

Time after time.❞

༺ ༻  

To Be With You- Mr. Big

❝ When it's through, it's through fate will twist the both of you

So come on baby come on over. 

Let me be the one to show you,

I'm the one who wants to be with you

Deep inside I hope you feel it too.❞

༺ ༻  

Until the End of Time- Justin Timberlake ft. Beyonce 

❝ 'cause if your love was all I had

In this life

Well that would be enough

Until the end of time.❞

* This is my ideal character cast, and since we are now at the end of the story wouldn't it be interesting to know how the author imagines the characters physically?  BUT FEEL FREE TO IMAGINE THEM THE WAY YOU WANT.

MAIN

1. Asia Gertrude Cassidy

2. AIDEN THEODORE WALKER

3. CLAUDE AUGUSTUS CASSIDY

4. LONDON SOFIA CASSIDY

SUPPORTING

5. Emerald Delaney

6. Ethan Gray

6. CADE MATTHEWS

7. HAYLEY YOUNG

8. SAM CROSS

RECURRING 

(CLASSMATES)

9. Patrice Sinclair

10. GLEN

11. EZRA LEVINE

12. Dahlia Pickett

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 26.5K 91
#17 in teen fiction (28/12/18) #7 in girls (02/01/19) #14 in teen fiction (15/04/19) #3 in boys (10/11/19) PUBLISHED✅: 15/06/17 COMPLETED FULLY✅: 06...
265K 10.7K 24
Sudden death changes everything. Started with a slap, a punch, a kick or two. Until it got to more, more than Skylar Rose can handle. Skylar's mom to...
238K 8.1K 27
Everyone has a secret they keep from people...Well mine is that I'm an teenage agent for the CIA. When Penelope and her fake family get put undercove...
237K 8.8K 68
Sephine Montgomery. She moved to get away. Away from her past where she was someone else. But now she's different. Now she's nice. But that was befor...