Children of the Ark ✔️

By FlatMatesForLife

Every three years a group of two-hundred teens get sent to Earth. After spending two years on Earth, you can... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Fifteen

137 17 2
By FlatMatesForLife

Once Tyler and I had made it back to the clearing, we see that everyone is in one group talking. Once they see Tyler and I walking over, they make some room.

"Please catch us up on what you have been talking about." Tyler interrupts and I see that the blondie that gave me the cold look check him out.

"Well, we are deciding whether of not we should keep you around." She drawls obviously not wanting us here, but the looks she is giving Tyler says otherwise.

"I think that we would be stronger together, you saw how we took down those panthers. We used teamwork." I say but she just rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, if you hadn't brought them here in the first place, Xavier and Rob wouldn't have died."

"If you didn't realise, but we took down two of them and you only took down one." 

"You should have taken down all three because it was your problem, but no, you just had to drag us into it."

"You seemed pretty happy to help fight."

"Yeah? Well-" 

"STOP!" Tyler and someone from the other group yells at the same time.

"Before we start a full on fight, I think that we should all get to know each other before starting anything." Tyler sends me a look and I just clench my jaw and glare back at him. "I'll start off. My name is Tyler and I have been down on Earth for three years. I did originally have a group, but they are all dead and now I am with these guys after I saved them from a group of Snakes."

"Hey! We he-" I got cut short by Jess giving me a glare this time.

"I'll go next." Blondie says, "My name is Beau and I have also been on Earth for three years. Everyone in this group has. We managed to get this far out and have been surviving out here ever since. We did go to the Lion Clan at first, but then left after a while to go off on our own." 

"I'm Bastien and I have been down on Earth for two or three weeks. Jess, Jett, Amelia, Zoe and I all were sent down together with two other guys, but they are both dead." When I said their names, I pointed to each one.

Everyone from the other group goes around saying their names and they all had the same story of being sent to Earth three years ago and have stuck together ever since. They all looked like they were the good looking popular people of their year group. Their names were Katherine, who has red hair and green eyes, Jackson, who has blonde hair and blue eyes, Patricia, who has brown hair and brown eyes, and Julius and Julian, who were twins, they had brown hair, Julius has green eyes and Julian has blue. 

"I think that we should have a chat about if you should stay or not." Beau says looking at us to leave them alone to discuss.

We all go and stand on the other side of the clearing, waiting intently to see what their decision would be.

"What do you think they will choose?" I hear Amelia ask no one in particular.

"I honestly don't mind if they choose to let us stay or not." Tyler replies playing with some grass.

"I would like to be stuck with other people instead of you guys." Jess laughs earning a chuckle from everyone.

"You haven't been talking much Jett. Are you okay?" I ask looking at Jett as he is picking at some grass.

"Yeah. I just... haven't had anything to talk about." He mutters, not taking his eyes off the grass.

I saw Amelia move slightly closer to Jett and put a hand on his shoulder. They start having a whispered conversation, but I couldn't hear anything they were saying.

"I wonder what's taking them so long." Tyler says as he watches the other group which looks like they were in a heated argument. After about five minutes, the group had finally come to a decision and were walking over to us.

"We have decided to let you stay with us. But we will stay separated just so that we can come to trust you." Jackson said, his eyes scanning over our group and his eyes lingered on Jess.

"Thank you. We really appreciate it." I scan my eyes over all of their faces and I can tell that Beau is the one who doesn't want us here the most. 

We decide that where we are sitting would be a good spot to set up our camp. I don't know if we were all being lazy or if this was a good spot to set up camp. We had a small talk about what we want to do. Everyone seemed to want to stay with them, but we would still have someone keeping watch at all times while everyone else slept. 

The sun was starting to set after a long day. The sky blossoming with red's, pink's and orange's. Every sunrise and sunset I have seen so far is beautiful. I feel sorry for everyone still on the Ark, not being able to experience what we are seeing. But I also feel sorry for everyone on the ground. We have to fight for our lives every day. Not knowing what going to happen or who is going to die. 

We set up a small campfire that everyone in our group crowds around. All of us scared that someone from the Snake Clan would see the light and attack us, but we were far away from them. 

It wasn't just the Snakes coming after us that scared us, it was everything else on Earth. All of the animals, nature, survivors. Humans. 

I was scared and fascinated by humans. We are able to create engineering that was able to send us to the moon, to keep humanity up in the stars for longer than I have been alive, longer than my parent's have been alive. But we are also able to start wars. We almost killed our planet, just because two different sides were fighting over water. 

In history we learned that water was the reason for the Nuclear War. America and it's allies versus Russia and their allies were in a standoff. Both sides were millimetres away from pushing the big red button that could end their opponents. Both sides were close to cracking when finally Russia snapped and the big red button was pressed and a muclear missile was sent flying towards America.

America knew they had to react fast, they needed to find out a way to set the nuclear missile off before it reached them. Someone came up with the idea to try and blow it up on it way over. It was the first and only idea they had, so they released a smaller bomb to blow it up while it was in the air, the radiation would still kill anyone underneath the blast.

Without knowing, the American's had accidentally pressed their big red button, sending their Nuclear missile on the path towards the Russian's missile flying towards them. The reaction of the two bombs was catastrophic. It was as if ten nuclear bombs had been let off at once, destroying everything in it's path, spreading radiation all over the world is a firey mass, killing billions of people. 

The Ark was already in space, and thousands of people were already up there. Most had paid millions just to get a room, not knowing that the world was soon to be destroyed. Leaving them stranded on the Ark with no home to go back to.

Everyone on the Ark had watched as the firey mass had spread across the world. Everyone staring in disbelief to what was happening. Everyone on the Ark thought that the world was dead. But as the years went on, the Earth's land started to grow greener. Plant life had survived the Nuclear war, yet everyone on Earth seemed to have not.

That was why I was afraid of people. Because we have the power to almost kill a planet. To almost end the human race. It was lucky that the thousands of people on the Ark had been up there when they were, or else humanity would be dead.

I stared up at the night sky, not able to fall asleep even though Jess was taking first watch. I loved to look at all of the stars in the sky. Twinkling lights far away from Earth, yet we can still see them.

I manage to doze off into a dreamless sleep before I wake up with the sun shining in my face. I guess they didn't let me take a shift. I groan as I slowly sit up and rub my eyes. The brusing had disappeared now, so I was back to looking like my normal, unbruised self.

I looked over and saw Tyler watching me before looking over to where the other group was. I looked over and saw Beau walking over.

"Wake up!" She yelled, waking everyone else up. "We are having breakfast. Bring your own food to eat. We all need to talk."

I sigh as I get up and go to my pack getting out some of the jerky Tyler had made. Everyone else follows behind with their food. We all sit together and we eat in silence. There is some tension held around the group, until Jackson speaks up.

"We want to attack the Snake Clan." Everyone stops eating.

"You what?" Jess says staring in disbelief.

"We want to attack the Snake Clan." He says again, but this time a bit slower.

"How?" I ask as I put my food down.

"We want to go to both the Lion and Wolf Clans and see if we can get people together to attack them. We are leaving tomorrow." 

"You'll have to talk to the leaders, you won't just be able to waltz in and yell 'Hey! Anyone who want's to come and attack the Snake Clan, come with us!' You'll need to ask them if you can have volunteers."

"Well then we will ask the leaders, there will be some people, like us, who want to get back at them. We already have eleven people, so why not have more?"

"Woah woah woah. Who said we were apart of this?" Tyler joins.

"Well I assumed you would seeing as you were being hunted by the Snake Clan." 

"But that doesn't mean that we want to attack them! How will you even get enough people together to attack the Snake Clan, you'll need most of the Wolf and Lion Clan's so that we could get the least amount of casualties. It would be a suicide mission."

"Maybe that's the best option." Everyone in our group looks at him. My mouth hangs open. He and the rest of their group want to go on a suicide mission. 

"What did they do to you that was so bad?" I asked them. I wasn't defending them, I just wanted to know why they felt that this was the best option.

"We don't want to talk about it." He gives me a hard glare so I slightly raise my hands in defense.

"Sorry. Just asking."

"Yeah well leave it. So are you with us or not?"

"Yes." I hear Zoe and Tyler say, while Jess, Jett, Amelia and I say "No."

"We need to have a talk about this. Privately." I say and walk back over to our small camp.

Once everyone is here that's when we all start talking.

"We can't go with them! It will be a suicide mission!" I say, almost yelling at them because of how stupid they are.

"Well maybe this is the best option. Sure you guys were attacked, but they killed my best friends and kidnapped one. I don't even know if she is still alive!" Tyler throws back at me.

"But going on a suicide mission is not the answer!" Jess she says rubbing her face.

"We don't have to go as a group." Zoe says, and we all look at her.

"Of course we do. We are a group and we have to stick together. I don't want any one of us going to attack the Snake Clan where you will all be easily killed. You might kill a few people each, but come on, it won't last long until you are all dead, by then you would have done barely anything to help. You would have only made a dent in how many people would be there." I tried my best to convince them to not go. I don't know if it worked or not.

"I'm sorry Bastien, but I'm going." Tyler says looking at me, searching to see if I would change my mind, he looks at the others too, searching for someone else to go with him.

"Me too." Zoe says.

"We can't just let you two go, knowing you're about to die." Jess whispers, looking at Zoe.

I can't just let these two go to their deaths, but I can't put Amelia in danger. I have to make a decision. Now.

"I'll go with you." Everyone stares at me in disbelief.

"No Bastien! You can't go!  You'll die!" I hear Amelia say, hugging my arm and I give her a sorry look.

"I'll go too." Jess says with a confident look.

"Jett I'm going to need you to keep Amelia safe. Get her as far away from the Clan War as possible. We will meet you..." I pull out my map and point to a spot well away from the major Clans. "Here. Make camp here. Get more people to come with you if you need to. Just please, get her away from here. You can leave tomorrow." I tried to make sure that my voice didn't crack, but it did near the end.

I was trying to swallow the lump in my throat as I felt Amelia's tears starts to wet my shirt. 

"Please don't go. Please." I hear her cry as I hug her.

"I'm sorry Amelia, but I have to. I promise that I will meet you. We will see each other again. Don't worry." I whisper into her hair.

"Do you promise?" She sniffs and wipes her mose with her hand.

I nod my head, tears threatening to spill from my eyes, but I blink them away, giving her a more confident nod. We all walk back over to the others and tell them that Zoe, Tyler Jess and I were going to go with them.

"Okay, glad that we could get as many people as possible." Jackson says and they all give us nods. "We will come and get you tomorrow morning, we will give you all half an hour to get your stuff ready and say goodbye. 

We give them a nod as we walk back to our camp. Nobody wants to speak as we all start preparing for tomorrow. 

Because tomorrow. We are going into the Clan War.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

A/N: SORRY! I am not doing well with the updating am I... I have just been occupied with school since it started up again, so I have been focusing more of my time into that stuff, and I also moved house yesterday, sooo yeah... 

I have decided that I am going to update this whenever I write a new chapter. If this puts you off reading it, then fine. I want to keep writing, but with school here again, and this is my last year, it's quite important to me to finish with the best marks I can possibly get. 

Remember to vote if you like my story, and comment things that I could improve on or things that you liked! Follow me and add this story to your library if you want to get updates for the story whenever I post a new chapter!

-FlatMatesForLife

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

0 0 22
As the narrator, I'm tempted to simply write "Middle Finger" because that is essentially what you'll feel like I'm giving you in telling this story...
2.4K 463 38
[short action-thought scenes] In a post bio-nuclear war apocalypse, nothing remained the same. the radiation from the war sent rays that take infinit...
148 46 12
[RL: BK1] In the early 22nd Century, [Geoid-Earth] had an unexpected and tragic outburst of monsters, along with a series of "awakenings" that gave p...
944 0 31
(Deal with this really bad cover please. It's temporary.) One night, Derek Garcia was having the night of his life. The next day, everything went to...