Transformers Prime Memory is...

By vontage

Memory is the key without memory one can not recognize a sense of self. none know this better than Annabeth s... More

Transformers Prime Memory is the key
:Part 1 : What do you remember?
Chapter 1:: Giant Robots?!
Chapter 2:: Incentive and an upgrade
Chapter 3:: Sunrise and Promises
Chapter 4:: Assignment and an Autobot?!
Chapter 5:: Old friends and New
Chapter 6:: Memories or a Nightmare
Chapter 7:: School
Chapter 8:: Grafitti, Pranks and More Unanswered Questions
Chapter 9:: Memories of a lost love ( We will remember our fallen)
Chapter 10:: Air ducts and cyber cats
Chapter 11:: Secret Plans
Chapter 13:: Lost
Chapter 14:: Down the Rabbit Hole
Chapter 15 Friend or Foe?
Chapter 16 Truth and Deception
Chapter 17 The Deal
Chapter 18 The Man in the Iron Mask
Chapter 19: The Calm Before the Storm Part 1: Nothing ventured nothing gained
Chapter:20 Calm 2: The Quiet,Wise,Cunning, the Wolf in Sheeps' Clothing

Chapter 12:: Close Calls

999 64 22
By vontage

( Author’s note:: Hey guys welcome to the twelfth installment  of Transformers Prime Memory is the Key. I want to thank everyone who read, commented and voted for my story you guys are awesome! Please leave a comment and vote and As always I embrace grammar Nazis so tell me where the problems are, I’m sorry for Ocish tendencies, and grammar errors. Also I own nothing but this story, my Oc’s and personal inventions. All rights to transformers go to Hasbro. Special thanks to Pumpkincat, MoonRiver137, Jackiejellybean, Darkness Prime, SaigeLakeman, Shayma98, Narutard2Heart, Tori Tooley, Victoria tooley, Murds9, Patchworkangel, BumblebeeIronhide,Aprilmarie2,  and DragonNinja my Rp buddy by the way guys if you change your names give me a heads up cause I won’t notice. Oh and about the note to self I had an ear infection over the Christmas break and so I went to the doctor  to get some medicine but was late to the appointment and had to wait. while I was in the waiting room this girl sat next to me and the next thing I know she gets a text and starts ranting about her boy friend and her voice was so high pitched it sounded like a siren and kinda like that girl off of Madea's big happy family so I was like why?! So ja I thought you all might enjoy my misery it wasn’t meant to be mean to cheerleaders or anything I was just telling you what she looked like with out really doing so ^^ anyway  Now it is time for the (insert fanfare here)

Quote of the day:: “It is not what we do that defines us, but the company we keep and how well we keep it” – Dad from Brink

Enjoy ;)

//////////////////////

Late?! I can’t be late! I yelled to myself as I ran through the front doors as the second bell rang. Ah…. Late? how can I be late? I’ve.. never.. been.. late..! I started twitching a little as I slid down to my knees. Ok so I’m a little OCD about certain things. Everything has a place and time for a reason. If you shoot past your mark by a millisecond even the best sniper can miss their shot. Just jot it down as another one of my numerous quirks I can’t explain.

“Ms. Pax are you alright?” asked the red haired lady from the office. “ My goodness dear your soaking wet?! Did you walk here in weather like this?!” I nodded my reply still twitching slightly. Upon seeing this she looked as though she was gonna have ten heart attacks. “My goodness how dreadful!” she exclaimed “Take a seat dear I’ll have you a slip shortly and don’t worry about being tardy anyone who had to walk through that would have been. Consider it excused!”  Upon hearing that the twitching stopped but I was still gravely upset. I gave her the best smile I could muster and nodded as I took my seat trying to calm down. What can I say I like things to be as they are supposed to be everything belongs in a particular place at a particular time and for a particular reason. And I find no flaw in that philosophy. It’s saved my life more times than I can count.

Not long after I walked in another girl came in. It was obvious she was a cheer leader. her very presence emanated the fact she considered herself better than everyone not to mention she was wearing a shirt that said Cheer on the front in bold letters. She looked like your typical stereotyped high school Cheerleader; tall, blonde, and skinny. I did my best not to show my contempt for her company as she sat next to me; not that I hated her as a person I just wasn’t keen on dealing with her at the time. She didn’t say anything for sometime and I was beginning to think I had miss judged her. That is until she got a text and then it was on. She sat there and told me what I felt was her entire life story. She told me about how rude her boyfriend was and showed me the same text three times. It wouldn’t have been so bad if her voice didn’t sound like a blasted siren. After every word I had to remind myself to go to my happy place. Note to self:: being tardy results in boring unintellectual one sided conversations with air headed teenagers whose voice makes your ears bleed who also don’t know when their being ignored. Ps Never under line never twice be late again.( reasoning for this read Note up top)

Why did it have to be a Monday? I asked myself as I walked toward my first period class. So far it was shaping up to be maybe the most irritating day of my life. I didn’t think I would ever leave that blasted office and thanks to Knockout I had to walk in the blasted rain. It had been two days since the incident with Knockout and he still would only barely look at me and when he did it was just a quick glance. I have to wonder what it is about that mark that scared him so much? I mean he couldn’t possibly think I was gonna hurt him… could he? There’s no way I could even if I wanted to.

I don’t know why it bothers me so much I’m used to people being afraid of me. Maybe it’s because I see fear in his optics instead hate. It makes me feel like I’m some kind of monster. What is it that makes everyone so afraid of me? Am I really that scary? Maybe Miko’s right I should try and smile more. I thought as I opened the door to Mrs. Grant’s class room.

“Hey AB!!” called Miko as I walked in. “Whoa what did you do walk to school?” I simply looked at her and nodded before offering Mrs. Grant the tardy slip I had been given by the lady at the front desk.

“Please take your seat Annabeth. I’ll excuse you this time but only because you had to walk here in the rain” stated Mrs.Grant as I took my seat. I slid off my jacket and set it on the back of my chair water droplets rolling off of the dragon insignia on the shoulder as I took my seat. I was soaked to the bone after having to walk to school. I didn’t mind to much though. It had given me a lot of time to think not to mention I missed the smell of the trees, and just nature in general. I don’t know why…. guess I just miss home. Maybe I can convince Knockout to let me go to the park for a little while after school if he shows up. I thought as Mrs.Grant picked up a stack of papers and started passing them out. “Now class please take out a pencil and some scratch paper while I pass out a worksheet. It is due by the end of class today so no slacking. I’m looking at you Ms. Nakadai ” I smirked at the mock hurt/ shocked expression on Miko’s face and started working on the worksheet. I still find the young one’s antics to be amusing though I will never admit that to her or anyone else.

 After I had finished the worksheet I just looked out the window and watched the rain fall. It was relaxing. Even now it was one of the few things that could put my mind at ease.  I closed my eyes and allowed myself to focus on the pitter patter of the rain drops and drifted off into the deepest recess of my mind. Going back to the forest and imagining the smell of the fresh ozone and the water droplets as they slid of the leaves of the old oak trees that made up what I considered my home. The only place I felt I truly belonged where I knew that though I was alone I was safe. I don’t know how long I had been off in space before.

“Surprise!” someone yelled as they swiped their hand in front of my face. I jumped   reaching for the weapon I normally kept at my hip but didn’t have at the time the countenance of my face contorted into a scowl as I scanned the room only to see it had been Miko. Who at present was standing beside me with a wide grin plastered on her face. I relaxed after seeing it wasn’t a real threat but all the same I wasn’t pleased and I made that known by the frown I gave her.

“Please, Ms. Nakadai take your seat and as for you Annabeth. Can I assume you have completed your worksheet? Considering you were staring off into space I would hope so.” stated Mrs. Grant as I sat back down and nodded. “There were fifty questions there is no way you finished in such a short amount of time. Bring your paper here please” Doing as she asked I walked up to her desk paper in hand. I heard snickering from behind me as I handed it too her. She looked at it for a few minutes with a shocked expression “But that’s not…their…their all correct.” She gasped. “ R..re return to your seat” she stuttered still holding the paper as I did as I was told.

“Way to go AB I’ve never seen her speechless before” stated Miko in her usual way of saying things hitting my right arm in a friendly gesture. I gritted my teeth holding in a gasp as her hand hit the cut on my arm. The cut on my forehead had already healed and I was waiting for the one on my arm to heal up only it was a lot deeper than I had initially thought and was taking a little longer than expected. Needless to say it was a great inconvenience. As I took my seat I rolled my sleeve up slightly to see if it had reopened. Thankfully it hadn’t but it was still throbbing almost unbearably so. Luckily for me the bell rang which meant I could leave. I grabbed my thing and went on to my next class allowing me to focus my mind on walking rather than the pain.

After that it was a relatively quiet day things went as expected. Well up until Science class that is. Mr. Sanders was assigning group projects and well that meant working with a group. Not something I was exceptionally good at for obvious reasons. And just as luck would have it I was assigned to Miko, Jack, and Raf’s group. Miko fist pumped the air excitedly and immediately started spouting off ideas.

“What if we get a giant aquarium and put a shark in it?” suggested Miko.

“ Miko I don’t think bringing a shark to school is a good idea” replied Jack.

“We’re in a group Jack your opinion isn’t the only one that matters. What do you two think?” asked Miko.

“I agree with Jack” replied Raf “What about you AB?” I looked up from my piece of paper and shrugged. The project required us to pick one aquatic animal and to make an example of it’s habitat. In all honesty it seemed more like a child’s activity but I didn’t mind. I drew out a few ideas of my own and showed them what I had trying appear as though I actually cared.

“Wow! AB you’ve been holding out on us! Not as good as a shark but still! Speak up every now and then for Pete’s sake!” exclaimed Miko.

“I like the sea horse one” stated Raf. I nodded in response and circled the idea because everyone seemed to agree on it as the bell rang and we were to report for lunch.

“Hold up AB we want to ask you something” called Miko as I was about to leave. I turned and made my way over to them and cocked my head to the side to show I was listening.

“Uh.. we were wondering” started Raf. I quirked an eyebrow at him and motioned for him to go on. “ Well… um… we were wondering if you had….”

“Have you seen this guy?” asked Miko shoving her phone in my face. Once again I’ll say I am overly glad that I wear sunglasses all the time because their was no way I could have kept the shock out of my eyes as I looked at the picture displayed clearly on her phone. It was undoubtedly Orion only he looked different more battle weary than the one I knew. I shook my head in response as I tried to regain my composure. This was not good how had they known to ask me?! I mentally facepalmed. Of course Nightraider! She must have told them. How am I going to get out of this one? I asked myself as the others looked at each other. 

“Have you ever seen one of these guys?” asked Jack showing me a picture of Knockout and a few of the other Decepticons to which I shook my head no. I hate lying but I can’t tell them the truth if I did then I don’t know… I can’t shake this feeling I should be telling them everything I know. But I can’t!! They’re the enemy if I told them anything I would be helping the Autobot’s destroy this planet! And even though I have no ties here I can’t allow that to happen.

“I knew it! I knew you couldn’t be one of them!” cried Raf as he hugged me. I was hesitant at first I didn’t really know what I was supposed to do but I eventually hugged him back trying to look slightly confused even though it wasn’t really acting. He looked up at me with happiness in his eyes and a smile on his face that I didn’t fully understand. No one should be that happy when they were told that someone couldn’t help them. I felt a pang of guilt in my heart but I quickly buried it ignoring my conscience the best I could.

You had to lie! I told myself as we went to lunch.  If you didn’t they would never trust you again! But what if Nightraider was telling the truth? What if the Autobots are the good guys? Shards! How did my life become so complicated?! I asked myself as I sat down and took a bite of my granola bar.

“So when are we gonna get together and work on our project?” asked Jack

“Well we could go to the library or my place” stated Raf 

“Yeah that sounds good we’ll figure it out!” replied Miko “Oh I know everyone has a cellphone right?” I shook my head no.  “How do you live with out a cell phone?!” Miko asked.  I shrugged and shook my head to say I didn’t know and she looked absolutely  mortified by the mere notion of not having a cell phone.

“Miko it’s not the craziest thing in the world to not have a phone” replied Raf “ besides she can call us and if she needs to or she can text off her mom or dad’s phone anyway right?”  Maybe I should have just said yes I do and been done with it I thought as they looked at me expectantly. I nodded and made a mental note to shoot myself in the foot later for being stupid.

“Alright here’s my number!” replied Miko handing me a piece of paper. Taking it I memorized the number and saved it in the log I had in my glasses. I did the same thing with Raf and Jack’s numbers as the bell rang and we reported to our next class. After art I went on to History and then school was over.  

As I walked to my locker and I thought over all that had happened in the short time I had been attending this school. Time just seemed to move so much faster than I remembered it. I suppose it was because I was busy but still I can’t help but feel time is moving too quickly.  I don’t know why I continue to think about that time of my life… about them. It’s blatantly obvious I can’t go back home no matter what I do this is my life now so I need to forget and move on. But how can I forget? It’s all I have. I’m so pathetic just like everyone else I am a slave to memory we can’t function without it yet I don’t have any.

Not truly anyway I am simply conscious bearing the scars of a past I can’t remember yet I have to wonder are my memories truly gone or are they simply buried? Since coming here I have encountered things I didn’t believe possible. I’ve made friends that I can truly trust and since the crystal came to life the longer I stay around these people. I keep getting these senses of nostalgia. I can’t explain it one of them will say something and I hear it in another’s voice one I don’t recognize and at times I hear a one sided conversations. Ones I only assume were at some point directed at me.

I was drawn from my revelry as I felt  something wet fall on my face and looked up to see not the ceiling of Memorial High but the dark cloud filled sky. I must have zoned out again I concluded as I looked around. I laughed a little to myself. Knockout is going to be furious he had to sit out in the rain. Laughing to myself I took my glasses off to wipe some of the water off them so I could see a little better but the second I touched them I heard a voice. No it was two voices the first was faint  but I could just make it out.

“ No! it’s not right I refuse!” yelled the faint voice only to be answered by a much stronger one.

“Since when do you care about something like that?” asked a disembodied voice. It sounded evil, dark and foreboding yet there was something in it I recognized, but I couldn’t peg what it was. I looked left to right searching for the source but I didn’t really expect to see anyone. What is going on? I asked myself as I heard it again the faint voice only a slight whisper and indiscernible. “Well One- sixteen? Are you going to answer me? You of all people should know what happens to those who disobey direct orders from their superiors.”  I felt my heart jump to my throat for reasons I couldn’t explain all I know is it felt like I was reliving one of my worst nightmares and  I was afraid but I didn’t know why. “Come now surely you know where they have gone you are a ……… after all.”  I felt my knees give way and caught myself with my hands and just stared at the cement wide eyed as the voice grew angry. “How dare you call me a coward?! I am your master!  You are nothing more than a weapon, a tool, do you understand? Morality is not a concern of yours!  You are nothing without me!” what is this? Who? “Do you understand me?!  You are nothing! With a single word I could destroy you, all that you are and start over. Maybe you’ll be a more effective soldier when I take away what makes you resist me.” I held my head in my hands wishing for it stop over and over again but it just went on. “ Kill me? Haha kill me?! That is quite a feet one one six! I can’t help but wonder how you’ll achieve it when you’re in there and I’m out here? No matter you will not remember this conversation. Hahaha oh and don’t worry about that sister of yours I promise I’ll make her death as painless as possible. Unfortunately I can’t say I’ll give the same to you.”  What?! No th..tha.. that can’t be right! I .. No it!

“Annabeth is that you? Are you alright?” asked someone placing a hand on my shoulder. I gasped as spun around, crab walking backwards away from whoever it was that had touched me until I fell. Squeezing my eyes shut expecting the worst. But it didn’t come. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Rafael. I quickly composed myself and nodded as I stood up brushing myself off acting as though nothing had happened. “What was that about?” he asked. How was I supposed to answer? What am I supposed to do?! This is bad I don’t want them to know… not yet so I shrugged. Not a complete lie I didn’t have any idea what that was. “You don’t know? You just had a mental break down for no reason are you sure you’re ok?”  I nodded yes and turned away from him and started walking back toward the school. “ w.. wh .. where are you going?”  he asked. I looked over my shoulder and pointed down the street. “Back towards the school? Why are you going there?” I just looked back toward the street and started walking what else was I supposed to do? “Wait!” he exclaimed “W-will you just answer one question?”  I stopped and took a deep breathe before turning around and facing him. His eyes widened before he cleared his throat and Continued “Wh..why don’t you ever talk?” I just stared at him. I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t know what to do.  “ Do you not like us or something?”  he asked looking down.  Why do you always have to do the right thing?! I asked myself as I pulled up Rafael’s number.

:: It has nothing to do with you or the others Rafael. I simply don’t we are very rarely defined by the words we speak. But more often than not we are defined by the actions we take, the company we keep and how well we keep it. So I prefer to let my actions speak for me. :: I sent the message though hesitantly as I walked away leaving him there. It’s not as if there was much else I could do with the Autobot watching. I still had to be discreet or at least try not to make myself too obvious. I chanced a glance over my shoulder as I walked away and saw an awed expression on the young boy’s face as another’s face flashed before my eyes. Instead of Raf there was a young boy with sandy blonde hair and deep blue eyes smiling at me then it was gone. Before turned my eyes back to the street ahead I gave Raf one last glance asking myself ‘who do you remind me of?’

/////// ///////////////////////////

*Raf’s Pov*

:: It has nothing to do with you or the others Rafael. I simply don’t we are very rarely defined by the words we speak but more often than not we are defined by the actions we take, the company we keep and how well we keep it. So I prefer to let my actions speak for me. :: I just stared at the message as she walked away. I mean what could I say? Annabeth had not only actually answered my question but had sent me a message without even pulling out a phone or otherwise. But just by just glancing at me. The only question I could think to ask was how did you do that?  

“Raf ? Are you ok?” asked BumbleBee. Snapping to attention I looked over at the yellow and black Camero and nodded. 

“Yeah Bee. I’m fine” I replied sparing a final glance at Annabeth before opening his door and climbing into the passenger side.  

“What about her?” he asked

“She appears to be but I doubt she’d say other wise” I replied glancing out the window.

I gazed out the window as we drove back to base. Bumble Bee had been abnormally quiet since we had stopped to help Annabeth and it was starting to bother me.  “Bee are you ok?” I asked looking at his dash.

“Hmm?” he asked “ oh yeah I’m ok why?”

“Well you’ve just been quiet I was worried something was wrong.

“ To tell you the truth Raf I don’t know.” He stated “Did you see the insignia on her jacket?”  

“Yeah why?” I asked

“It looks familiar.” He replied his voice getting softer as if he were trying to remember something. “Like something I saw on Cybertron vorns ago”

“Was it a good thing?” I asked.

“I don’t remember…. I think so. All I can really remember is fire.”

“Oh” I replied slightly disappointed

“Cut me a little slack Raf  I was a sparkling.” laughed my guardian good naturedly.

“I didn’t mean it like that Bee. I was just hoping you knew what it meant” I replied

“Me too” he replied as the base came into view.

//////////////////

( And done ^^ hope everyone had happy holidays and I am genuinely sorry for how bad this chapter is I am not satisfied with it by any means but I have now rewritten it six times and can’t figure out how to make it any better so if you have ideas on what to fix give me a shout love you God bless and I hope to have the next one out within the next few days but don’t kill me if I don’t school is kicking my rear end )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 271 25
Quick note: Not sure why the chapters a doubled on the main page but not in the story. They aren't supposed to be doubled and makes it look like ther...
16.6K 563 30
Soundwave's life becomes a lot more interesting after he is hit with a relic recently retrieved by the Decepticons. Not only is his memory erased, bu...
13.1K 240 61
Book #1 Hi. I've written this story for a while, but trying to put it together. This story about a femme robot who used to be a small Night fury that...
1.1K 86 10
Alias, a straight A student from Jasper Nevada, was kidnapped after school 3 years ago. Most people know her story as a girl named Makalyah Meneral...